Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,238,196 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Engineer91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ZoeJaxpack said:

Alot is about to happen...batts will be next
A lot? I don't like the sound of that. Most assumed Yurt and Batts would leave. Hopefully that's it. Hearing rumors that Markell may leave...I really hope that isn't the case.
nryanh94
ClePack said:

jeez. So much for having a "Stable program" (im not saying it as a negative) Why did keatts recruit batts if he doesn't even care for keeping him?

Well when Keatts recruited Batts he didn't know:

Markell would be here
Braxton would be granted his release and transfer to state
Blake Harris would be transferring from Mizzou
(Yes Harris and Batts we're recruited at the same time and if Keatts wanted Harris over Batts he likely would have gotten him) but I think Lavar Sr has also put a strain on the relationship to make Keatts prefer Harris. Coupled in with Lavar seems like the type of kid who wants to play now and isn't willing to stay on the bench until he develops a shot
nryanh94
Engineer91 said:

ZoeJaxpack said:

A lot? I don't like the sound of that. Most assumed Yurt and Batts would leave. Hopefully that's it. Hearing rumors that Markell may leave...I really hope that isn't the case.

Highly doubtful that Markell is going anywhere
Wolfmac
nryanh94 said:

ZoeJaxpack said:

I had heard some positive things a few weeks back about Yurt7 not going pro. I read btwn lines assumed that meant there was a decent chance he would be back. Could it have something to do with Cacok coming in and Keatts goin to 100% his style with his players...we will see

We aren't getting Cacok
I don't know one bit about who we may or may not be getting, but doubting anything Zoe says is blasphemous. Those that have been on the State boards know that there are certain folks you take more seriously than others. Zoe is one of those posters.
nryanh94
Wolfmac said:

nryanh94 said:

ZoeJaxpack said:

I had heard some positive things a few weeks back about Yurt7 not going pro. I read btwn lines assumed that meant there was a decent chance he would be back. Could it have something to do with Cacok coming in and Keatts goin to 100% his style with his players...we will see

We aren't getting Cacok
I don't know one bit about who we may or may not be getting, but doubting anything Zoe says is blasphemous. Those that have been on the State boards know that there are certain folks you take more seriously than others. Zoe is one of those posters.

Cacok doesn't have the credits to graduate, and their are plenty of people in the know that have stated that.

Now could he transfer an air out? Yes

Could they pass the transfer rule allowing him to not sit out? Yes

But as of right now it doesn't look like cacok is a possibility
RDUwolfpack
Braxton wasn't available or on the roster when we got Batts.
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

jeez. So much for having a "Stable program" (im not saying it as a negative) Why did keatts recruit batts if he doesn't even care for keeping him?

Well when Keatts recruited Batts he didn't know:

Markell would be here
Braxton would be granted his release and transfer to state
Blake Harris would be transferring from Mizzou
(Yes Harris and Batts we're recruited at the same time and if Keatts wanted Harris over Batts he likely would have gotten him) but I think Lavar Sr has also put a strain on the relationship to make Keatts prefer Harris. Coupled in with Lavar seems like the type of kid who wants to play now and isn't willing to stay on the bench until he develops a shot
I see. that all makes sense
ScoobyWolf
ClePack said:

oh my goodness!!!!! where has it been said or who said that Keatts doesn't care about keeping him???? where does this stuff come from?
RDUwolfpack
Crazy how State fans act like this. A guy who was supposed to leave last year is leaving this year... surprise??? They will all change their tune when Keatts lands the best grad transfer in two weeks haha
Dunlow66
RDUpackfan said:

This is really what it boils down to, IMO....Braxton fits what the staff wants more than Batts. If Braxton sat out the season(or stayed at OSU), Batts would have gotten a lot more minutes
PackPantherMav
Dunlow66 said:

RDUpackfan said:

This is really what it boils down to, IMO....Braxton fits what the staff wants more than Batts. If Braxton sat out the season(or stayed at OSU), Batts would have gotten a lot more minutes
You would think that the staff would love Batts for his defense but I guess shooting>ball pressure. That or there are enough defenders that Keatts thinks its better to have an offensive minded guard. Either way, I liked Batts and hoped his shot would come around. Hopefully Markell sticks around because losing Markell, Al Freeman, Omer, and the rest of the vet bigs is a lot to replace in a season.
ZoeJaxpack
Batts simply doesn't shoot the ball well. Can he run an offense we don't know but he has every other quality Keatts wants.
Engineer97
nryanh94 said:

Engineer91 said:

ZoeJaxpack said:

Um, noted that there are two of us.

He seems like a nice guy, but there is a 1 and a 7 in difference.

Fyi.
nryanh94
Engineer97 said:

nryanh94 said:

Engineer91 said:

ZoeJaxpack said:

Fyi.

I quoted 91?
Engineer97
nryanh94 said:

Engineer97 said:

nryanh94 said:

Engineer91 said:

ZoeJaxpack said:

Fyi.

I quoted 91?
Looks that way. I have no intel on Johnson.
ClePack
RDUpackfan said:

Crazy how State fans act like this. A guy who was supposed to leave last year is leaving this year... surprise??? They will all change their tune when Keatts lands the best grad transfer in two weeks haha
wat u talken about willis
wolfpackfan00
nryanh94
wolfpackfan00 said:

Been fighting the NBA in an uphill battle the entire time.
Packfan8
Have you guys seen Mike Cunningham from usc upstate, he averaged almost 14 points a game this season and shot the 3 ball really well, I could see him being a good guard off the bench for us if we do lose Batts
stratmaster48
With Yurt7 moving on from the program, do we look at a grad transfer for the frontcourt to add some experience? If so, who are we looking at?
HungryWolf92
Hope we aren't losing Batts. I feel he could really improve here at State. Not sure how he feels about his pt right now though.
NatePait94
The first answer to your question is presumably, yes.
The second question will require more time because the majority of student athletes that will be grad transfers have not let it be known if they will seek transfer at this time. There is a short process that they must go through to verify that they are able to be deemed an eligible grad transfer. Once individuals complete that process, names will start popping up.

IMO, based on previous instances, with Al Freeman and Sam Hunt, the announcement of a grad transfer being admitted will come before we really get to do some in-depth speculation.
TriangleDreamer
What about Chris Sodom as a transfer from Georgetown? 4* 7'3" center sounds interesting...

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/chris-sodom
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
ScoobyWolf
TriangleDreamer said:

What about Chris Sodom as a transfer from Georgetown? 4* 7'3" center sounds interesting...

He was released from Georgetown for violation of team rules.

[url=https://twitter.com/BobbyBancroft]Bobby Bancroft@BobbyBancroft[/url]

Final numbers for Chris Sodom:

6 games
27 minutes
4 points
8 rebounds
3 blocks
11 fouls
2:16 PM - Dec 19, 2017
nryanh94
ScoobyWolf said:

TriangleDreamer said:

6 games
27 minutes
4 points
8 rebounds
3 blocks
11 fouls

Also was a freshman, so he'd be sitting a year.
packphinsfan
ScoobyWolf said:

TriangleDreamer said:

6 games
27 minutes
4 points
8 rebounds
3 blocks
11 fouls
Dont tell me...someone was sodomized?
Packfan8
So if the Martin twins were able to grad transfer, would they be allowed to come back to state since we have a different coach now?
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

So if the Martin twins were able to grad transfer, would they be allowed to come back to state since we have a different coach now?
LOL wouldn't that be something? The only way they leave UNevada is if Musselman leaves and they wanna follow him.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

They would, (Us recruiting Josh davis a few years back is an example), but I don't see this being something that is likely to happen
WolfpackSI
Nevada has top-10 talent returning next season so Musselman will probably stay put
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packbacker1
Nope
Thunderhill
packphinsfan said:

ScoobyWolf said:

TriangleDreamer said:

6 games
27 minutes
4 points
8 rebounds
3 blocks
11 fouls
Dont tell me...someone was sodomized?
Perhaps a recruit more befitting our powder blue neighbors...
WolfpackSI
With AW leaving, guess we need to "recruit" a new assistant coach too. Anyone have any names?

Probably gonna be someone that KK has worked with before and is a good recruiter because I think AW was our best recruiting assistant thus far.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
I would think Thomas Carr would get the bump up from director of basketball operations, I know he was an assistant on the uncw staff so it would make sense
williewolf
Packfan8 said:

I would think Thomas Carr would get the bump up from director of basketball operations, I know he was an assistant on the uncw staff so it would make sense
perhaps; but AW was hired into the 3rd asst spot instead of Carr last year so maybe KK wants him to season a bit in the ops job and looks to hire another recruiter with current close high school connections
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.