Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,230,638 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Carter Whitt is Kendall Marshall if he could shoot
nryanh94
https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019/4/30/18521260/jalen-lecque-atlanta-hawks-nba-draft-scouting-report-high-school-talent-upside

Think this is a good assessment of Lecque
MarOdoxPhoenician7
How did you guys take it? Can james talk to his dad again?
Dunlow66
Inside Pack Sports @InsidePackSport 25m25 minutes ago
More

Director of Basketball Operations Thomas Carr will not return to NC State next season.

Carr helped out with recruiting quite a bit.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Inside Pack Sports @InsidePackSport 25m25 minutes ago
More

Director of Basketball Operations Thomas Carr will not return to NC State next season.

Carr helped out with recruiting quite a bit.

There goes the only member of the staff that I knew. Guess I'll have to pay for tickets again
Engineer97
nryanh94 said:

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019/4/30/18521260/jalen-lecque-atlanta-hawks-nba-draft-scouting-report-high-school-talent-upside

Think this is a good assessment of Lecque
That is dead on. It will be interesting to see his decision.
HungryWolf92
It's crazy to see all of the stuff coming out about Sean Miller. Wiretaps full of evidence and they have the #2 recruiting class. Kind of disheartening if I'm being honest.
PicklePacker
HungryWolf92 said:

It's crazy to see all of the stuff coming out about Sean Miller. Wiretaps full of evidence and they have the #2 recruiting class. Kind of disheartening if I'm being honest.
what will be disheartening is if he gets away with it. I'm just surprised they haven't nailed Calipari too.
Packfan8
Dun, do you think that Markell and Carr were really close. It seemed that way by Markell posting on Instagram a video of Carr but I'm not sure. Maybe this move makes Markell completely leave?
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Dun, do you think that Markell and Carr were really close. It seemed that way by Markell posting on Instagram a video of Carr but I'm not sure. Maybe this move makes Markell completely leave?

Not Dunlow, but they were close.
Dunlow66
Really good read on Jalen Cone from his AAU coach

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/9430/coach-point-guard-jalen-cone-a-dynamic-scorer

"To be 5-9, 5-10 and finish at the rim, not too many can do it at his size like that. He's got multiple 50-point games this year. He's done it over the course of his whole career. He's a dynamic scorer, ballhandler and playmaking general."

It's the combination of Cone's gifts that make him such a lethal scorer, according to Cannon.

"He's so fast that defenses have to respect his speed," Cannon says. "Once they give him a step, his pull-up jumper is about as good as it gets. You don't see too many kids with mid-range games, but he stops on a dime and elevates. Once he hits one or two of those, he's one of the types of kids who can hit eight or nine.

"He has unlimited three-point range. He does it off the bounce, off screens. He's just very skilled and it makes the game very easy for him even with his size.
Dunlow66
Another rumor is Shakeel Moore will also reclassify to 2019.

Wouldnt be surprised to see NC State get one, Va Tech get one with the Cone/Moore reclassifications taking place
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Another rumor is Shakeel Moore will also reclassify to 2019.

Wouldnt be surprised to see NC State get one, Va Tech get one with the Cone/Moore reclassifications taking place

PackAlpha91
Who do you like better? I know Cone is the higher rated prospect but Moore's tape looked REALLY good to me, don't know much about him though. Think he will see a jump in ranking like Cone?
WolfpackSI
Why is Carr leaving? He and KK go way back. He even brought him over from Dub. Maybe Carr is upset that he didn't get the assistant coaching gig last season?

Ideally, we demote Roy and bring in a ace recruiter to the staff. Wyking Jones is out there and has a previous relationship with KK from their L'ville days.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
Hell, if Markell and Jalen are gone then maybe its better to go into full player development mode and bring on Cone, Moore, and get your hands on Hall somehow
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

Hell, if Markell and Jalen are gone then maybe its better to go into full player development mode and bring on Cone, Moore, and get your hands on Hall somehow

Not the worst idea in the world but many of our fans are kinda crazy and would run him out of town before that bunch was able to win
Engineer97
Packfan8 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Not the worst idea in the world but many of our fans are kinda crazy and would run him out of town before that bunch was able to win
It's a shame too. I mean, our program has been mediocre for nearly 30 years. Suck it up one or two more seasons and have a great program off and running.
WolfpackSI
Engineer97 said:

Packfan8 said:

WolfpackSI said:

It's a shame too. I mean, our program has been mediocre for nearly 30 years. Suck it up one or two more seasons and have a great program off and running.
Everyone wants to be UNC/Duke/UVA but no one wants to endure the losing that Dean went through in the 60s, K went through in the 80s, and what TB went through from 09-13
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Struttingwolf96
I think State fans have been patient & loyal enough. Dean might have lost during the 60's, K in the 80's, & Bennett when he first got to UVA, but our program has been loosing & having been relevant in basketball for 3 decades that's them 3 coaches together. How many championships have them programs won & how many has State. We had our own fans turn on our own Coach V who was getting the program back on the right track, then you know the rest of the story. So I think Wolfpack fans have endured enough.
WolfpackSI
Struttingwolf96 said:

I think State fans have been patient & loyal enough. Dean might have lost during the 60's, K in the 80's, & Bennett when he first got to UVA, but our program has been loosing & having been relevant in basketball for 3 decades that's them 3 coaches together. How many championships have them programs won & how many has State. We had our own fans turn on our own Coach V who was getting the program back on the right track, then you know the rest of the story. So I think Wolfpack fans have endured enough.

My point is that if you want long term success then you have to be patient the first few seasons as the coach develops his program. Unfortunately, nowadays people start questioning the coach after season 1-2 and not goven the benefit of the doubt. KK should be given 5 seasons before we start questioning if hes the right man for the program.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Struttingwolf96
I agree with that. I really like Keatts & hope he gets the job done & is here for a while.
Dunlow66
I know this thread is sometimes a 'catch all' for other topics of discussion that kinda relate to recruiting

but let's try to keep it as close to 'on topic' as possible.

Jalen Cone scheduled to OV to Tennessee on May 10th

I think Moore is OVing to Va Tech soon.
TheWhiteWolf
Does Moore have much of a relationship with the new VT staff?
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

Does Moore have much of a relationship with the new VT staff?
yes
PicklePacker
Dunlow are we trying to get Cone back on campus for a visit or has he seen everything he needs to see from us?
Dunlow66
Another school pushing for Cam Hayes is Tennessee.

JakeVerified account @jakeweingarten Apr 30

Tennessee just had their entire staff check out five-star sophomore Cam Hayes tonight, a source told @Stockrisers.

I spoke to Hayes days back, he told @Stockrisers that he's strongly considering a move to 2020:
Dunlow66
Moore may not be on the board long. Va Tech making its move.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Hoping that unc doesn't get in on hall because he's one like cam Thomas that I really want
Hall and Thomas would be outstanding additions.

So Hayes-UNC/ Whitt-UVA. Are there any kids you think we'll get? Or are things looking bleak
Still a lot of time for that class. Lets see who we get to visit.

How do you feel about our chances with Thomas. Are we the leader? Or is he waiting for a blue blood
Have not heard a lot either way but he is performing like a kid who will get targetted by the big boys.
Latest on Thomas is we are still right at the top of his list.
PackAlpha91
Would you rather have him or Cone?
Struttingwolf96
Please stop or post elsewhere.
Dunlow66
UNC just landed Justin Pierce.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Would not be surprised to see UNC put some pressure on postgrad transfers, Justin Pierce and Christin Keeling now that they have the Cole committ and look solid with Anthony Harris.

Like...'first one to commit gets the spot', kinda pressure.

Let's hope they fill up with Pierce and Harris
There was a rumor floating that Pierce would be a Tarheel a few weeks ago(even before his OV was scheduled), but I have no idea how good the source was.
Note to self....trust this source.
nryanh94

We'Re tHe ONly TeAm thAt LoSEs PlayERs"

Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

We'Re tHe ONly TeAm thAt LoSEs PlayERs"

Guess he thought Tre Jones was going to be 'one and done'
First Page Last Page
Page 155 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.