Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,911 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackAlpha91 said:

Would you rather have him or Cone?
They are very similar. Cone is a bit quicker and maybe a better outside shooter but Moore is likely better on defense and a little taller.

I would not complain with landing either one, but I've liked Jalen Cone for a long time. Just has that 'something extra' that cant be taught, IMO, no matter how tall he is.
Struttingwolf96
About as funny like Keatts putting together a solid recruiting class so far has gone. I like Keatts don't get me wrong, but his judging of some of the guys he thought were talented enough or had the right attitude that he has brought in is starting to make me wonder was his being a good recruiter a bit overblown.

-Bryce (solid player, but to inconsistent)
-Daniels (inconsistent, always seem to play hard)
-Bates (jury still out)
-Steere (left after one game)
-SKJ (asked to leave team I guess)
-Harris (plays ok in a game, don't see him for the next 5 games)
-Beverly (Good role, team player, 3pt shot)
-Yurt (transferred out, personal)
-Batts (transferred out)
-Hellems (had solid Fr. year, jury still out)
-Walker (Solid, team player, but was a little in over his head, brought in to fill out roster when someone left)
-Funderburk (Had a decent season)
-Seabron (may not qualify)
-Lecque (knew NBA might be his 1st option)

Best player recruited so far: Grad transfer SG Al Freeman, he started off slow, but improved as the year went by.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Any way we lose jalen leque and get boogie ellis?
PackAlpha91
No
WolfpackSI
Struttingwolf96 said:

About as funny like Keatts putting together a solid recruiting class so far has gone. I like Keatts don't get me wrong, but his judging of some of the guys he thought were talented enough or had the right attitude that he has brought in is starting to make me wonder was his being a good recruiter a bit overblown.

-Bryce (solid player, but to inconsistent)
-Daniels (inconsistent, always seem to play hard)
-Bates (jury still out)
-Steere (left after one game)
-SKJ (asked to leave team I guess)
-Harris (plays ok in a game, don't see him for the next 5 games)
-Beverly (Good role, team player, 3pt shot)
-Yurt (transferred out, personal)
-Batts (transferred out)
-Hellems (had solid Fr. year, jury still out)
-Walker (Solid, team player, but was a little in over his head, brought in to fill out roster when someone left)
-Funderburk (Had a decent season)
-Seabron (may not qualify)
-Lecque (knew NBA might be his 1st option)

Best player recruited so far: Grad transfer SG Al Freeman, he started off slow, but improved as the year went by.

So we are gonna completely ignore this huge FBI cloud hanging over KK's head? Don't think thats hurting recruiting at all?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Struttingwolf96
It might, but it doesn't seem to be affecting Arizona & Duke with the things that are being said about them.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

It might, but it doesn't seem to be affecting Arizona & Duke with the things that are being said about them.
LOL

go check out the last 25 years, compare what Zona and Duke have done to NCSU and get back to us.

We have a smaller margin for error and are not able to procure talent like we did under the previous staff. We dont have the national significance of Duke or Arizona.

Miller may not even survive this and all those recruits could end up elsewhere when all is said and done.
65Pack
Please stop or post elsewhere
metcalfmafia
65Pack said:

Might as well shut down the BB program because we have more excuses for not being able to recruit ACC
talent. The biggest problem we have is a roster full of mid-major talent trying to compete in the ACC.
This will get worse before it gets better. I hope Boo has a lot of connections.
Your steaming hot takes weren't good enough to keep on the premium board so you had to post them on the free board?
Engineer97
Not arguing with you SI, but again it sure isn't hurting La'ville and Arizona. Not sure what the difference is.
HungryWolf92
wolf01
65Pack said:

Might as well shut down the BB program because we have more excuses for not being able to recruit ACC
talent. The biggest problem we have is a roster full of mid-major talent trying to compete in the ACC.
This will get worse before it gets better. I hope Boo has a lot of connections.
So we finished in the middle of the conference with mid major talent??? I'm not stoked about finishing 8th, but by finishing where we did we sort of by definition have ACC talent.
1985 NCSU Grad
I am not too worried about Keatts.

Louisville and Arizona - I would not compare to those guys. They are 4 and 7 in rankings with an avg. star of 4.4 and 3.67 with 5 and 6 recruits while we are 3.5 with 2. They both face problems and the only title won by those 2 teams in the last 6 years has been vacated due to RAMPANT cheating and Miller has been known as a big Cheater like Pitino and it is just now coming to light. I do not think the "NCAA sanctions" hurt us that much we just have a bad reputation problem at this time due to Gott. Same problem we had after Les was in charge of the program. It will change and it is slowly but surely. Enjoy. We have a good roster make-up and if another piece or 2 falls into place...we take another step up the ladder.
WolfpackSI
Like Dun said, we have an extremely small room for error. We have to fight and nail for pretty much every local recruit against Duke/UNC and now UVa. Right now, we basically have to wait til each of those schools take their picks in our recruiting grounds and take whoever is left over. Sucks but thats reality right now...
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
Engineer97 said:

Not arguing with you SI, but again it sure isn't hurting La'ville and Arizona. Not sure what the difference is.
It has hurt Lousville. They just came off back to back 14 loss seasons.

Maybe they would have even more talent on hand now if not for the investgations.

That Arizona class has a couple of foreign imports on the roster who likely went where they were told to go and I still think Zona is gonna take more of a hit. They just had their worst season since Miller took over.
Glasswolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

Please stop or post elsewhere.
I along with most Mod's will second this. UNC has always gotten their pick of recruits. Stop making it like State is not trying to land the best recruits possible.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Engineer97
I think I'm pertaining more to them having the number 5 recruiting class for 2019?

As far as Arizona, I'll take your word for it.
Packfan8
Taylor looks good in the state jersey on his Instagram story. He picked out number 3
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Taylor looks good in the state jersey on his Instagram story. He picked out number 3
I expect him to be picking out his own very on NC State number.....soon
Dunlow66
JakeVerified account @jakeweingarten 36m36 minutes ago
More

Samari Curtis has received his release from Cincinnati today, a source told @Stockrisers. He also picked up an offer from Virginia Tech shortly after.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

JakeVerified account @jakeweingarten 36m36 minutes ago
More

Samari Curtis has received his release from Cincinnati today, a source told @Stockrisers. He also picked up an offer from Virginia Tech shortly after.

Could be one to look out for, he was named mr basketball Ohio. Had over 2 made threes agame last year at uaa and shot 38%. Averaged 34 ppg and 5 assists this year in high school and made 63 threes in 22 games
Dunlow66
Mark Williams @MarkWi1liams 12m12 minutes ago
More

Thanks to the @DukeMBB Staff for a great in-home visit tonight!

wolfpacker7
Assuming he commits, what's our scholy situation? All full pending Markell or Lecque going pro, correct?
WolfpackSI
wolfpacker7 said:

Assuming he commits, what's our scholy situation? All full pending Markell or Lecque going pro, correct?

Not necessarily, we have 3 "open" scholarships. Two belong to Markell and Jalen if they want them. Could mean we don't take another big in this class.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
williewolf
^ if atticus wants to take wyatt w's slot then couldn't that happen imminently?.............then that would leave cone (if he wants ncsu) waiting to see whether he should go 2019 or wait a year when the other 2 decide about pros.
Dunlow66
williewolf said:

^ if atticus wants to take wyatt w's slot then couldn't that happen imminently?.............then that would leave cone (if he wants ncsu) waiting to see whether he should go 2019 or wait a year when the other 2 decide about pros.
Cone is going 2019 unless something major happens to change his mind.
duran_duran
Dunlow66 said:

williewolf said:

Cone is going 2019 unless something major happens to change his mind.
So the question is, do we move on from Lecque if Cone is ready to commit? Last thing we want is to wait too long and miss out on both of them.
metcalfmafia
Dunlow, do you know if we are trying to set up an official for Cone?
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

I have not heard a date but it wouldnt be a surprise to see him show up for one. Tenn set for next weekend.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

I have not heard a date but it wouldnt be a surprise to see him show up for one. Tenn set for next weekend.

forgot the A&M visit is scheduled for this weekend.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Is his visit still on because he's in New Jersey rn??
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Yeah, I dont think he will be in Texas this weekend.
PicklePacker
Mark Williams looks like a Dukie. I'll be shocked if that's not where he ends up. But why is he wearing his sister's jogging pants?
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing for us? Could mean he was wowed by vt or just doesn't want to go that far
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing for us? Could mean he was wowed by vt or just doesn't want to go that far
I'm expecting Tech to close on Shakeel Moore this weekend. Those two are so similar, I just dont see both ending up at Va Tech in the same class.

First Page Last Page
Page 156 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.