Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,228,045 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
NatePait94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
see below
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
NatePait94
GhostofBragaw said:

Funderburk, Steere, Bates, Bryce, Daniels is a great class already
+ Hellems
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
Rivals.com @Rivals

4-Star 2019 wing Isaac Okoro has three making big push. @DMcDonaldRivals has the update: #Auburn #NCState #Noles

NC State: "We visited there two or three times. I really like how their gym is and how their fans are. The new coaching staff is really good. They are really good at telling you why you should go there."
williewolf
ClePack said:

There is word that Wendell Moore has informed UNC's coaching staff that he would like to expand his recruitment. He is looking forward to taking visits to NC State, UNC, Duke, Wake, and stanford.

Also, anything on Bey?

not following this.......Moore is not a UNC verbal

his teammate at Cox Mill HS is the UNC verbal
NatePait94
I do not believe that it has been posted on this site, but former NC State commit (Gott era) Thomas Allen will be playing for the Nebraska Huskers.
mds22
Dunlow66
metrocard1006 said:

sure would like to see Keatts finish out the recruiting class with Keldon Johnson and Derek Funderburk
Funderburk visiting this weekend. Said it before, if his grades are in order, I think we get him.
WolfpackSI
williewolf said:

ClePack said:

There is word that Wendell Moore has informed UNC's coaching staff that he would like to expand his recruitment. He is looking forward to taking visits to NC State, UNC, Duke, Wake, and stanford.

Also, anything on Bey?

Apparently he gave a silent verbal to Roy and then backed out
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

metrocard1006 said:

sure would like to see Keatts finish out the recruiting class with Keldon Johnson and Derek Funderburk
Funderburk visiting this weekend. Said it before, if his grades are in order, I think we get him.
We are gonna need him badly in 2018 imo. As James said in the IPS podcast, it would be nice to have a guy thats 3 years removed from high school to pair with Bates and Steere.
wufpack7
So technically, right now we only have 1 open scholarship for 2018. But I assume the chances of Yurtseven coming back for his junior year are incredibly slim (and with the coaching change the chances of a transfer are likely pretty high). So would we go ahead and take 2 more commitments to get us to 14? I mean, if 2 of Bey, Funderburk, and Johnson want to commit, would we take them both? I'm guessing the answer is yes, but does anyone know more than a guess?
Dunlow66
We keep hearing that the staff would take 5 incoming players if things line up
wufpack7
Thanks dun, I hope we can get the 5 we want.
theAccused
If we get Funderburk (with Steere and Bates), I think Hicks transfers.
ClePack
williewolf said:

ClePack said:

Also, anything on Bey?

Here you go: https://keepingitheel.com/2017/10/24/unc-recruiting-wendell-moore-tells-tar-heels-hes-expanding-recruitment/
state95
NatePait94 said:

GhostofBragaw said:

Funderburk, Steere, Bates, Bryce, Daniels is a great class already
+ Hellems
And Beverly if his appeal is denied.
WolfpackSI
GhostofBragaw said:

Based on what?? There is more than enough playing time for Hicks in 2018 if he earns it. Especially considering that Bates is still very Raw and needs to bulk up.
howlie
WolfpackSI said:

GhostofBragaw said:

Based on what?? There is more than enough playing time for Hicks in 2018 if he earns it. Especially considering that Bates is still very Raw and needs to bulk up.
And especially since he became an essential player with the loss of Abu
theAccused
Idk. Just feel like we're going to lose someone because of limited playing time. Just a gut feeling.
IseWolf22
GhostofBragaw said:

Idk. Just feel like we're going to lose someone because of limited playing time. Just a gut feeling.
I think it depends a lot on what type of development we see from him this season. If he is expected to buried behind the freshman then yeah maybe he does, but he will be a junior next year and could end up being a starter. Who knows at this point, its not really worth worrying over
duckfatrules
My son is a sophomore at State and has a class with Yurtseven. This may be all talk but he told my son that his plan has always been to get a degree from State and then go pro. 18-20 year kids change their minds all the time but this is what what he said.
NatePait94
While I love the thought of him staying 4 years, if he ever is projected to go within the first round, I expect him to go to the nba draft, get drafted, all while continuing his education.
EthanBarry
Staff
^ what he said. Also have to remember you can come in with credits that allow him to graduate early
RowanWolf
The Charlotte Observer and Langston Wertz have begun their all out campaign to sway Moore to the Cheats.
Leeroy3366
1000th post of this thread...no news, just wanted to say congrats and excellent work Dun!!
twentytoe
Make it 1001....Dun is tha man!
wolfpackfan00
Joey Baker has committed to Duke
theAccused
Sad day. Really wanted to watch him in red!
ClePack
wolfpackfan00 said:

woah. Thought this dude was UNC all the way. Shocked me honestly
RowanWolf
Damn
RowanWolf
ClePack said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

woah. Thought this dude was UNC all the way. Shocked me honestly

The Cheats may have cheated the Hangman, but whether they like it or not, the whole world now knows the truth about that place. Any kid that commits there now is revealing much about their own character. Baker apparently has higher standards.

Still wanted to see him in red, though.
ryebread
RowanWolf said:

Any kid that commits there now is revealing much about their own character.
I wish that were the case, but tend to doubt that it is. Winning cures all ills. Look at Penn State in football. Recruits will be lining up again soon...

Our best chance will be the window when UNC and Duke change coaches. Louisville is having that happen and Syracuse isn't far behind.

Fortunately, we've now got a coach that might actually be able to do something during that window. I never felt like Gott was going to be able to (much like HWSNBN couldn't capitalize on the Doh years).

+1 to the thoughts of appreciation for the recruiting news.
RowanWolf
Penn St came clean, fired everybody involved, took their punishment and moved on. They didn't spend $20 million to escape justice. Hell, they fired JoePa. Who did the Cheats fire?

I believe, for a while, the high character kids will think twice.
Bell Tower Grey
How did Funderburke's visit go? Any feel on if he will come to State?
Dunlow66
Bell Tower Grey said:

How did Funderburke's visit go? Any feel on if he will come to State?
Good. I think we are currently his top choice.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Stings....was hoping we could lock down Fayetteville. Not really a surprise though, Duke gets most of the kids the want and Baker seems to be a 'Duke type' that K always has on the roster. Hope he doesnt go the 'Grayson Allen' route. Like Allen in HS, now I cant stand the guy.
First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.