Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,053 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
NatePait94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That was quoted from Brian Snow so take it fwiw. I expect Hellems to be about 6 ft 7 in and in the 205-210 lbs range when he steps on the court for NCSU. He is a gym rat. He will bulk up nicely given a year.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Cliffpack
This staff is on fire! It's so nice to see some 4 year guys!
RowanWolf
TheWhiteWolf said:

Just saw 5* Wendell Moore from Charlotte will be on campus this weekend as well
Anyone know how Moore's visit went? I know some think he's a lock for the Cheats, I just think the young man is more genuine than to join that mess. Hopefully Batts can help sway him our way.
Bulldogwolf27
Moore plays with Carolina commit combo guard Rechon Black. So he may have some pull with him
RowanWolf
Black will fit right in at Cheater Hill. His mother was removed from Concord HS for...well, let's just call it 'academic improprieties'. Wouldn't touch that kid with a 10 foot pole.
Bell Tower Grey
RowanWolf said:

Black will fit right in at Cheater Hill. His mother was removed from Concord HS for...well, let's just call it 'academic improprieties'. Wouldn't touch that kid with a 10 foot pole.
She wasn't giving out A's and taking D's was she?
RowanWolf
Fake grades to keep athletes eligible.
Dunlow66
In other news.....I hope we go 'all in' on Jalen Cone in 2020. Kid has what it takes to be an outstanding college PG. A little small, but Dennis Smith 'hops' to go with a great handle.
TheWhiteWolf
NatePait94 said:

That was quoted from Brian Snow so take it fwiw. I expect Hellems to be about 6 ft 7 in and in the 205-210 lbs range when he steps on the court for NCSU. He is a gym rat. He will bulk up nicely given a year.
Someone get Mr. Steere on staff!
TheWhiteWolf
RowanWolf said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

Just saw 5* Wendell Moore from Charlotte will be on campus this weekend as well
Anyone know how Moore's visit went? I know some think he's a lock for the Cheats, I just think the young man is more genuine than to join that mess. Hopefully Batts can help sway him our way.
I read that Moore may not be a 100% to the cheats as once thought is said to be looking around (ie: State, dook, Wake) but don't know anything
ABCman
RowanWolf said:

Been a while, but I was told she was the Principal at her son's high school. She was fixing transfers to benifit her son's bball team.
Dunlow66
ABCman said:

RowanWolf said:

Been a while, but I was told she was the Principal at her son's high school. She was fixing transfers to benifit her son's bball team.
LOL......sounds just like something I would do for my son and the BBall team if I were running the show.
ABCman
Dunlow66 said:

ABCman said:

RowanWolf said:

LOL......sounds just like something I would do for my son and the BBall team if I were running the show.
Yeah, maybe if you weren't working for NC Public School System. LOL! If I recall, she wasn't very "secretive" about it because the "Carolina Way" had already taking over her view of her authority.
RowanWolf
Football, too. You know Concord HS takes football very seriously. Plus, other sports were involved to lesser levels, boys and girls.
Dunlow66
ABCman said:

Dunlow66 said:

ABCman said:

RowanWolf said:

Yeah, maybe if you weren't working for NC Public School System. LOL! If I recall, she wasn't very "secretive" about it because the "Carolina Way" had already taking over her view of her authority.
sf59
TheWhiteWolf said:

NatePait94 said:

Hmmmm, don't think we want the entire team to be ineligible
TheWhiteWolf
sf59 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

NatePait94 said:

Hmmmm, don't think we want the entire team to be ineligible
Tami says hi with regards from the school down the road . Can anyone really argue that a professional body builder lacks the knowledge of how to bulk? Can't wait to see what Ian will look like in two/three years
WolfpackSI
Its no secret that body builders like Mr. Steere abuse anabolic steroids

But hey, as long as you offer it to all students, right???
NatePait94
Quentin Grimes and Tyler Herro are hosting Kentucky next week, right before the early signing period begins. Both of them are combo guards.

Have not heard of KJ sporting anything with them in the same time-frame. ( Doesn't mean it won't happen though.)
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

Quentin Grimes and Tyler Herro are hosting Kentucky next week, right before the early signing period begins. Both of them are combo guards.

Have not heard of KJ sporting anything with them in the same time-frame. ( Doesn't mean it won't happen though.)
Grimes just had the entire staff from Kansas on an 'in home' visit. Still think they have the best shot at landing him.

Herro ends up at UK, IMO, if they want him. He may have to wait his turn at Kentucky and I think he understands that. Dont think it impacts Johnson that much. Still have a lot of UK guys who think KJ ends up there.
NatePait94
What would you think about UK showing for Grimes and Herro within the coming weeks, and not KJ? While they could shore up some sort of visit right after I post this, what if they do not?

I would think it either would show lack of faith, or a total belief in a commit from him.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

What would you think about UK showing for Grimes and Herro within the coming weeks, and not KJ? While they could shore up some sort of visit right after I post this, what if they do not?

I would think it either would show lack of faith, or a total belief in a commit from him.
I think he may have given them a commit already. Nothing concrete, JMO.

I would love to land Johnson, dont get me wrong. He might be my favorite player in the class. Not best player, but my personal favorite. I just like the way he approaches the game.
ClePack
There is word that Wendell Moore has informed UNC's coaching staff that he would like to expand his recruitment. He is looking forward to taking visits to NC State, UNC, Duke, Wake, and stanford.

Also, anything on Bey?
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

There is word that Wendell Moore has informed UNC's coaching staff that he would like to expand his recruitment. He is looking forward to taking visits to NC State, UNC, Duke, Wake, and stanford.

Also, anything on Bey?
Moore would be a terror on defense in Coach Keatts system. Needs a bit more confidence in his outside shot, but that 7' wingspan on a kid his size(6'5ish) is impressive. I think he compares a bit to TJ Warren on offense.
stuartmcarthur5
Is there any update on either Bey or Funderberk?
Bell Tower Grey
ClePack said:

Also, anything on Bey?
I'd love for us to land Moore...and, knowing roy's tendencies he may back off Moore (or increase his potential starting pay offer) since Moore is opening things up. Out of the schools you listed, the one that concerns me more than any is Wake Forest. Danny Manning is quietly putting things together to put Wake back on the basketball map.
RowanWolf
I've had the pleasure to watch Moore in person a few times. Kid plays beyond his years. High IQ. Could score 50 a night easily, in what may have been the toughest 3A conference in the state last year, but keeps his teammates active and involved. That speaks to his character. Would be proud for him to wear our uniform.
Dunlow66
Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops 2h2 hours ago
More

6'5 4 star Josh Nickelberry has transferred to Northwood Temple (NC)

Might put us in the thick of things with Nickelberry. We have offered. Top 50 kid in '19
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

He already is about 205. Bigger and stronger than some might expect, but a little more added muscle will be needed to bang with some of those ACC PFs
NatePait94
Yeah I saw that in the mailbag. I was pleased to hear it.
RowanWolf
How about a '19 Class of Moore, Baker, Nickelberry, and Withers? Two Fayetteville kids and two Charlotte metro kids. I'd take it right now and call it a day.
NatePait94
I like our chances with Baker and Nickelberry
metrocard1006
sure would like to see Keatts finish out the recruiting class with Keldon Johnson and Derek Funderburk
NatePait94
That would be a top-class class
theAccused
Funderburk, Steere, Bates, Bryce, Daniels is a great class already
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.