Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,197,903 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan8 said:

Lol and it gets even crazier
I believe that he's from Columbia or near there so he might just be visiting while he's home but it's interesting for this to come out of nowhere
and this one predictably takes another turn.

Struttingwolf96
Dont like it, looking & sounding like Brown had a really good unofficial visit to SC. He has 2 official visits left, hoping he takes the last one to Raleigh. Come on Coach Keatts keep the heat on him.
Packfan8
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

Dont like it, looking & sounding like Brown had a really good unofficial visit to SC. He has 2 official visits left, hoping he takes the last one to Raleigh. Come on Coach Keatts keep the heat on him.

Read where he's been missing home since being away that might steer him away from Illinois or Pitt but I would think that we are close enough to home for him
TheWhiteWolf
Raleigh is only a 3&1/2 hr from Columbia just saying
nryanh94
I'm sure Pitt has plenty of scholarships left to fill, but they just picked up a 4 star sf
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

I'm sure Pitt has plenty of scholarships left to fill, but they just picked up a 4 star sf
SF/SG type. Dont think Drumgoole is as good as Brown.

I doubt this affects Pitt's recruitment of Christian Brown, but with South Carolina now jumping back in this, who knows what Brown might be thinking.

eta: South Carolina was also in Drumgoole's final three
TheWhiteWolf
Some people have said the trip to USC was just because they are the hometown school and he was going to visit family not sure how accurate that is though
Packfan8
TheWhiteWolf said:

Some people have said the trip to USC was just because they are the hometown school and he was going to visit family not sure how accurate that is though

I would hope that is all it is but with an in home visit from their staff and then them attending a game this week it looks more like they have entered back in his recruitment
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

I dont think that is actually correct.

Some say Brown's family reached out to the SC staff. Brown has said he misses his hometown and reports say he came away very impressed with the unofficial visit.
98pack
Here is SI.com's updated draft board. Lecque's stock dropped since their last projection.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/02/12/nba-draft-big-board-2019-zion-williamson-rj-barrett-ja-morant

65. JALEN LECQUE, G, BREWSTER ACADEMY | HS SENIOR

Height: 6'4" | Weight: 190 | Age: 18 | Last Rank: 44

While Lecque will likely be draft-eligible if he wants to be this year based on his birthday and academic situation in prep school. The NC State commit is far from NBA-ready and is viewed as more of a long-term project no matter what path he takes. His explosiveness and upside as a defender could potentially get him drafted, but it will require a team willing to take the time to develop him and know that he'll need G League time. Lecque has to become a more consistent offensive player in most facets, and his three-point shooting, in particular, is questionable at this stage. There's upside here, but his best option might be going to college.
Dunlow66
South Carolina made progress with Brown. Could be something to keep an eye on.
Struttingwolf96
Said it earlier. Dont like it, looking & sounding like Brown had a really good unofficial visit to SC. He has 2 official visits left, hoping he takes the last one to Raleigh. Come on Coach Keatts keep the heat on him.
ClePack
It almost seems like we're not even recruiting brown. Nothing on our part, no visits, no going to watch him, nothing. Strange
Packfan8
The Pitt crystal ball has changed to undecided probably because of South Carolina
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

The Pitt crystal ball has changed to undecided probably because of South Carolina
probably because Brown's recruitment is still fluid...as it has been since the very beginning and as expected.

eta- Slater also just CBed a PF to PItt, would be a PF and a SF in this class for the Panthers...so that could also impact Brown/Pitt.

rwwalsh
At this point nothing will shock me with this kids recruitment. He'll probably just end up skipping college and playing in Australia or something.
nryanh94

Think he'll be a big time recruit
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Think he'll be a big time recruit

I believe he was offered at the same time as Cam Hayes. Cam Hayes has recently taken a visit to Carolina.
Dunlow66
Jason JordanVerified account @JayJayUSATODAY
FollowingFollowing @JayJayUSATODAY
More

Notre Dame watched 2020 PG @J15Cone drop 16 points and 9 assists in just one half.
He also managed to do THIS...

nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Jason JordanVerified account @JayJayUSATODAY
FollowingFollowing @JayJayUSATODAY
More

Notre Dame watched 2020 PG @J15Cone drop 16 points and 9 assists in just one half.
He also managed to do THIS...

Feel like this one will go down similar to the Greg Gantt recruitment. Offer to late and he fills slighted
Packfan8
So with skj now gone we have 2 scholarships available. Maybe Keatts takes one in 2019 and goes to the transfer market again for the other?
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

So with skj now gone we have 2 scholarships available. Maybe Keatts takes one in 2019 and goes to the transfer market again for the other?

I hate speculating but I'd probably go ahead and assume 3 scholarships
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

I mean that's probably inevitable with college basketball at least one player leaves for some reason whether it's transferring or pro
Thunderhill
Better recruit some size. Looking like a team of wings. 5-7 guys 6'5" or so works better if they're 4-5 bigs to go with them. Bates will be there next year but they still need at least 2 more bigs. DF is a good player but he's really more of a 3 than a 5. As we saw against uNC, State had no inside game against size. I would like to see 2 bigs (who can run the court in Keats' system), on the floor at the same time once in a while. Now it's either DF or WW but never both.
ClePack
Things looking bleak without SKj. Very bleak
Phil2
ClePack said:

Really ?!?!?!
Bulldogwolf27
ClePack said:

Coach will find quality players to fill the roster. Honestly we will win games as long as key pieces return like Bryce, Braxton, Daniels and DJ. Then with our post grad recruits in Seabron and Leque they should be ready to play at a high level. So all is good and we will just be a different team than what ppl assumed for next year
WolfPacker54
ClePack said:

We still have Walker, DJ, and Bates next year
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

said we would probably lose a guard and a big man.

One down.....
Dunlow66
RDUwolfpack said:

WolfpackSI said:

Heres a little updated tracker I keep:

Grad transfers/Seniors (0 yr Eligibility)(2): Torin Dorn, Eric Lockett

Juniors (1 yr eligibility)(3): Markell Johnson, CJ Bryce, Wyatt Walker

Sophomores (2 yr eligibility)(4): Braxton Beverly, Derek Funderburk, Devon Daniels, Blake Harris

Freshman (3 yr eligibility)(2): Manny Bates, Jericole Hellems

Transitional Transfers(1): Sacha Killeya-Jones(2 yr eligibility)

2019 Recruits(2): Jalen Leque, Dereon Seabron

Scholarships available for 2019: 1

Guards(4): Jalen Lecque, Markell Johnson, Braxton Beverly, Blake Harris
Wings(4): Devon Daniels, CJ Bryce, Jericole Hellems, Dereon Seabron
Bigs(4): Wyatt Walker, Manny Bates, Derek Funderburk, Sacha Killeya-Jones

-----------------------

We probably have more like 2-3 scholarships available because of both Jalen and Markells' NBA status.

I just won't see WW having a role next year behind DJ/SKJ/Bates. Would he transfer again?
Well, we solved that issue.
TheStorm
That was a deflating text message to find on my phone this morning.
Packfan8
I know Lockett is a senior buf he was just arrested
HungryWolf92
Dun, did you know SKJ wouldn't suit up for us? Or was this something out of the blue? Very strange him Harris and Lockett weren't on the bench when the Lockett story came out.
Dunlow66
HungryWolf92 said:

Dun, did you know SKJ wouldn't suit up for us? Or was this something out of the blue? Very strange him Harris and Lockett weren't on the bench when the Lockett story came out.
Rumors didnt start on SKJs dismissall until this week.

but there were always concerns about his academic issues.
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.