Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,620 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Should we still fear the NBA?
Struttingwolf96
You don't say. I wonder who's next?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Should we still fear the NBA?
Doesnt appear to have the 'jump shot' or the PG skill set to be drafted right now

A season at Brewster could change that, but most think he needs a year or two of college to even get a serious look from an NBA team. Even then, he could serious time in the Gleague. Shot is really in need of some work.
Struttingwolf96
nryanh94, what have you heard about who Lecque picks on Oct.2?
Struttingwolf96
Stormy, do you think Lecque ends up running with the Pack as well on the 2nd of Oct.?
Struttingwolf96
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

nryanh94, what have you heard about who Lecque picks on Oct.2?

I don't have sources so nothing lol
Dunlow66
Dont mess up a good thing. This thread has been a lot of fun and usually very 'poster friendly' with little to no 'moderation' needed.

Post made only to incite reactions from other posters are subject to deletion

Dunlow66
oh my........

Jeff BorzelloVerified account @jeffborzello 1m1 minute ago
More

Friday night scoop from @MedcalfByESPN: The NCAA has hit former UConn coach Kevin Ollie with a Level I unethical conduct charge
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dont mess up a good thing. This thread has been a lot of fun and usually very 'poster friendly' with little to no 'moderation' needed.

Post made only to incite reactions from other posters are subject to deletion

Feel free to delete mine I made my point and don't care to waste the effort to argue.

With that said Dunlow what're your thoughts on Henry Coleman, the kid reminds me of a slightly less athletic and shorter Bam Adebayo. Or a more athletic Richard Howell. Just seems physically dominant and like he has an unrelenting motor. What kind of prospect do you see him being?
Stretch 4. Better shooter than I realized. Bigger version of Jericole Hellems
Dunlow66
The most severe claim, per the initial notice of allegations sent to Ollie and the school on Friday that was obtained by ESPN, is a Level I unethical conduct charge for Ollie, who the NCAA alleges provided false or misleading information about phone calls between NBA legend Ray Allen, San Antonio Spurs guard Rudy Gay and a top recruit.

The NCAA also said Ollie falsely denied he had knowledge of professional trainer and friend Derek Hamilton's workouts with players.

Per the initial notice of allegations, Ollie was charged with multiple violations (providing unfair recruiting benefits, exceeding limits on practice times, failing to promote an atmosphere of compliance, failing to monitor players' outside workouts) that would all fall under a coaching responsibility violation.

Ollie is specifically accused of arranging a five-star recruit's phone calls with Allen and Gay; having impermissible contact with a recruit; providing impermissible meals to a pair of recruits during unofficial visits; shooting with a recruit during an unofficial visit; failing to monitor Hamilton, who the NCAA alleged violated rules by training UConn players on campus and near his home in Atlanta; and giving Hamilton tickets to a UConn-South Florida football game, an NCAA violation because Hamilton's son was a recruitable prospect at the time, per the NCAA.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

The most severe claim, per the initial notice of allegations sent to Ollie and the school on Friday that was obtained by ESPN, is a Level I unethical conduct charge for Ollie, who the NCAA alleges provided false or misleading information about phone calls between NBA legend Ray Allen, San Antonio Spurs guard Rudy Gay and a top recruit.

The NCAA also said Ollie falsely denied he had knowledge of professional trainer and friend Derek Hamilton's workouts with players.

Per the initial notice of allegations, Ollie was charged with multiple violations (providing unfair recruiting benefits, exceeding limits on practice times, failing to promote an atmosphere of compliance, failing to monitor players' outside workouts) that would all fall under a coaching responsibility violation.

Ollie is specifically accused of arranging a five-star recruit's phone calls with Allen and Gay; having impermissible contact with a recruit; providing impermissible meals to a pair of recruits during unofficial visits; shooting with a recruit during an unofficial visit; failing to monitor Hamilton, who the NCAA alleged violated rules by training UConn players on campus and near his home in Atlanta; and giving Hamilton tickets to a UConn-South Florida football game, an NCAA violation because Hamilton's son was a recruitable prospect at the time, per the NCAA.

They have to continue taking their pent up anger front uNC out on other teams
Dunlow66
and despite the FSU buzz, still think we are in a good spot with Patrick Williams.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

All that and Ollie still couldn't do jack with his own players...

Hope Rodney Purvis was worth it LMAO
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

All that and Ollie still couldn't do jack with his own players...

Hope Rodney Purvis was worth it LMAO

Dunlow66
Kinda confirms some of the things we thought may be going on at UConn...and this was the head coach and a very public, big 'name' hire.

Dude should have bolted for the NBA when he had the chance. Got fired AND lost the buyout money

you never mess up the buy out money.......
PackFansXL
Dunlow66 said:

Sounds like a typical recruit interaction at unc-cheats. The biases in NCAA enforcement make competition a complete farce.
Thunderhill
Dunlow66 said:

oh my........

Jeff BorzelloVerified account @jeffborzello 1m1 minute ago
More

Friday night scoop from @MedcalfByESPN: The NCAA has hit former UConn coach Kevin Ollie with a Level I unethical conduct charge
Could mean double secret probation for somebody....
wufpack7
Dunlow66 said:

and despite the FSU buzz, still think we are in a good spot with Patrick Williams.
Gimme Lecque and Williams, then replace whoever we may lose after the season with our annual awesome transfer in, and that would start to look like a program on the verge of competing at the highest level.
TheStorm
Well Hot Damn.

Keatts on the verge of landing his first potential elite five-star in just his first full recruiting cycle here. Have to think that it also sets us up well for that next big domino as well.

Love it. Lucky Strutter is around this site or I might not even know about Lecque.
WolfPacker54
Dunlow66 said:

Honestly, none of that really sounds bad at all...

THIS is what the NCAA chooses to get it's panties in a wad about? Some phone calls, workouts, meals, and giving football tickets to a friend. Meanwhile decades of academic fraud and lying to keep kids eligible gets a pass. Unreal.
PackDaddy
Damn. Cold blooded.
Dunlow66
WolfPacker54 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Honestly, none of that really sounds bad at all...

THIS is what the NCAA chooses to get it's panties in a wad about? Some phone calls, workouts, meals, and giving football tickets to a friend. Meanwhile decades of academic fraud and lying to keep kids eligible gets a pass. Unreal.
This is what they can prove. There is most likely a lot more that went on that the NCAA is aware of, but cant prove.
Dunlow66
Anthony Bruton @tonybruton 3h3 hours ago
More

2021 Terquavion Smith, 6'3" guard at Farmville Central HS (NC) has received his first D1 offer from NC State per source.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Justin Byerly @JustinByerly 7h7 hours ago
More

ECU and UNC-Wilmington will be in on Monday to see 2020 guard Justin Wright and 2021 Terquavion Smith of Farmville Central HS. Smith takes unofficial visit to NC State next Saturday 9/15.

Have not seen this kid yet but I hope to this BBall season. Farmville also had Tyler Maye(transfer from VCU) a couple of years ago. Lot of talent coming through that area right now with UNC commit Dayron Sharpe nearby at South Central
Post from about three weeks ago
Packfan8
https://www.prephoops.com/2018/01/prospect-intro-terquavion-smith-2021/
In the article he refers to state and Duke as dream schools
nryanh94
TheStorm
That Ollie stuff is a drop in the bucket compared to the way Calhoun ran that place.
WolfpackSI
TheStorm said:

That Ollie stuff is a drop in the bucket compared to the way Calhoun ran that place.
The apple never falls too far...

Calhoun was winning and Ollie was not.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

TheStorm said:

The apple never falls too far...

Calhoun was winning and Ollie was not.
There you go..........win and Ollie is still the coach. UConn, IMO, likely reported some of that stuff themselves so they could fire Ollie 'with cause' and keep the buyout money to hire Hurley.
Dunlow66
Everybody keeps saying Wendell Moore is going to Duke...................except Wendell Moore.

Taking a lot longer to decide than most Duke people thought he would. I like this approach by Moore and family. Even if they decide on Duke, give them credit for allowing Coach Keatts and Coach Manning the opportunity.

Moore has been considered a UNC or Duke lock for 2 years now but State and Wake still fighting the good fight.
Dunlow66
]Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops 19h19 hours ago
More

Per source, 6'0 Breon Pass (Reidsville) has just been offered by NC State
Engineer97
Dun,

My one bball contact says it's not as positive for Williams. The one positive is 2 hours is much better than 7.

Yes, Im much more connected to the football program. I hadn't talked to my bball guy in a while.
wolfpackjb
Dun, do you believe Moore truly hasn't made up his mind yet? That would seem to be a good thing based on everyone saying he's going to Duke
Dunlow66
wolfpackjb said:

Dun, do you believe Moore truly hasn't made up his mind yet? That would seem to be a good thing based on everyone saying he's going to Duke
I have thought Moore was a Duke Lock since the day they offered him and have been a bit surprised at the way this one has taken shape over the last month or so.

Still, most think Duke gets him especially since they missed on Antoine and James.

But people from all sides agree on one thing...Coach Keatts hit a home run with the OV and caused Moore and family to slow the process down a little. We may have no real shot here, not sure if his mind is made up or not...that being said, seems like a great sign that we have the right man doing the recruiting at NCSU.
First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.