Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,675 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
MarOdoxPhoenician7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sure Florida state catching fire but Patrick Williams has said it himself that NC state is at the top of his list...and he knows he would fit nicely here so I dont think he will erase us that fast
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

ClePack said:

hmmm. looks like there is a very real possibility we whiff on all 3 of our targets. Time to ramp up the pursuit

Thats gonna happen when youre still the new kid on the block and going after high caliber recruits. We just gotta keep winning and pursuing the righ talent and we will be in great shape.

You say that, but Gottfried got Purvis, Warren, and Lewis at this point in his tenure.

Lowe got JJ Hickson and Tracy Smith at this point.
Will wade got a top 10 class at LSU for this year.

Edited to say I don't think we miss on all 3 and my post was in no way meant to bash Keatts. Just to show what can be done in a short time period.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

ClePack said:

hmmm. looks like there is a very real possibility we whiff on all 3 of our targets. Time to ramp up the pursuit

Thats gonna happen when youre still the new kid on the block and going after high caliber recruits. We just gotta keep winning and pursuing the righ talent and we will be in great shape.

You say that, but Gottfried got Purvis, Warren, and Lewis at this point in his tenure.

Edited to say I don't think we miss on all 3 and my post was in no way meant to bash Keatts. Just to show what can be done in a short time period.
I would counter with Coack Keatts getting CJ Bryce, Devon Daniels, Derek Funderburk, Wyatt Walker, Blake Harris and Sacha Killeya Jones as transfers.

Still a big influx of new talent and kids who are better prepared when eligible than most 'raw' freshmen
WOLFDAC
I'm not implying that we "whiff", but there is just nothing concrete at the moment on the recruiting trail. I trust Coach Keatts, so I'll just wait and see what happens moving forward.
Dunlow66
WOLFDAC said:

I'm not implying that we "whiff", but there is just nothing concrete at the moment on the recruiting trail. I trust Coach Keatts, so I'll just wait and see what happens moving forward.
and maybe not such a bad thing either. Last 'concrete' thing we heard was Nickleberry's 'silent verbal' commitment.......and we see how that worked out.

nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

ClePack said:

I would counter with Coack Keatts getting CJ Bryce, Devon Daniels, Derek Funderburk, Wyatt Walker, Blake Harris and Sacha Killeya Jones as transfers.

Still a big influx of new talent and kids who are better prepared when eligible than most 'raw' freshmen

There's no need to counter it. I specifically said it wasn't about Keatts, and that I don't think he'll strike out on recruits. Another poster implied since Keatts was new it was the norm to miss out on big time guys and I was just posting examples proving otherwise.
WOLFDAC
Also, in the past when recruiting...we didn't have as much depth on the roster...we're basically two deep across the bench, with guys who can slide between 2 positions in Keatts scheme...that matters to kids nowadays...how much "PT" and exposure can you offer "me"...you also have to recruit in today's generational mindset...and Keatts is a straight shooter...ala Yurt at G'Town due to the offensive not really featuring a back to the basket type attack and flow.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

ClePack said:

There's no need to counter it. I specifically said it wasn't about Keatts, and that I don't think he'll strike out on recruits. Another poster implied since Keatts was new it was the norm to miss out on big time guys and I was just posting examples proving otherwise.
Just trying to show that Keatts, IMO, has actually brought in more 'game ready' talent than Lowe or Gott...especially talent that fits. Seems like the last two coaches just brought in a lot of 'names' and hoped it would work out. Coach Keatts does a better job at identifying kids that will fit and if they dont like competiton, he usually has one waiting on the bench.

Gott and Lowe were, IMO, 'Starchasers'. Keatts is more of a 'Program Builder'.
TheStorm
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Sure Florida state catching fire but Patrick Williams has said it himself that NC state is at the top of his list...and he knows he would fit nicely here so I dont think he will erase us that fast
Just wanted to tell you "Welcome Back" and look forward to your input going forward!
ClePack
You're all raising extremely valid points regarding Keatts, e.g. program building, 2 deep across the board, etc. I'm just hoping we can keep adding to the war chests. We should expect (as you always should) some departures after this season, including Markell, Devon and CJ (depending on how well they play this season) and maybe someone unexpected. Keatts is doing terrific, but if you slip up recruiting a class, it can bite you for a while.
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

You're all raising extremely valid points regarding Keatts, e.g. program building, 2 deep across the board, etc. I'm just hoping we can keep adding to the war chests. We should expect (as you always should) some departures after this season, including Markell, Devon and CJ (depending on how well they play this season) and maybe someone unexpected. Keatts is doing terrific, but if you slip up recruiting a class, it can bite you for a while.
Manny Bates will be a RS freshman next year. He should be considered the first member of the '19 recruiting class.

Also, Nevada was one shot from making the 'Elite 8' with an entire starting lineup of transfers(with 4 more on the bench sitting as redshirts)...Things have changed, especially with the whole 'Post grad transfer' system in place.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Listen I know it's late and it doesn't matter but I still want to say sorry for announcing something the way I did...so from my heart I'm sorry I wont do it again and hope you guys forgive me

In my defense, I do personally know nickelberry and his family. He himself did say he wouldnt "mind doing a package deal with leque (french kid) and either moore or William's sometime in mid july"

So I niavley posted what I had heard out of excitement and then realize that he didnt say it was guranteed so I deleted it

Again...sorry from my heart hope you guys forgive me and

GOPACK!
CLTWolf
nryanh94
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Listen I know it's late and it doesn't matter but I still want to say sorry for announcing something the way I did...so from my heart I'm sorry I wont do it again and hope you guys forgive me

In my defense, I do personally know nickelberry and his family. He himself did say he wouldnt "mind doing a package deal with leque (french kid) and either moore or William's sometime in mid july"

So I niavley posted what I had heard out of excitement and then realize that he didnt say it was guranteed so I deleted it

Again...sorry from my heart hope you guys forgive me and

GOPACK!

So wait, your phone didn't mess up and cause the site to delete your posts?
PackDaddy
Is this a parody account??
Dunlow66
Nice run of current CB predicitons for Jalen Lecque to NC State
TheStorm
^^ Nope... it's the real deal (Theology references match in the user names)... everyone gets second chances here as far as I'm concerned.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

If I had one, I'd also put one in for Lecque to NCSU at this time.
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

^ Nope... it's the real deal (Theology references match in the user names)... everyone gets second chances here as far as I'm concerned.
and to be fair. Nickleberry did tell the staff he was coming to NCSU before committing to Louisville.
TheStorm
CLTWolf said:

Strutter just got a little competition, huh?
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Thanks for the second chance you guys wont regret! My phone did delete 2 out of 5 posts I had put but overal I was really excited and immediately put the information I had heard at the time

And yes hahah the username gives a hint lol

Anyway...learn from past and move on...wasnt a sin so idc

MarOdoxPhoenician7
I personally think we get leque and williams... I also think that we loose the beard man after the season and nickelberry decommits from Louisville and we get him

Just my thought
CLTWolf
TheStorm said:

CLTWolf said:

Strutter just got a little competition, huh?

Just got interesting up in here!
TheStorm
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

I personally think we get leque and williams... I also think that we loose the beard man after the season and nickelberry decommits from Louisville and we get him

Just my thought
Well.

At least you are back with guns a blazin' again... gotta hand you that...

Beverly for Nickelberry as your first prediction back? Pretty ballsy...

(Are you still in fairly consistent contact with Josh?)
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Commitment looming?
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Commitment looming?
Lot of his contenders are falling out of this one

Tennessee gets Josiah James
Loisville gets David Johnson

IMO, both are out of the Lecque recruitment

Texas Tech closing in on Jamius Ramsey(former NCSU target) and Lecque would be a longshot even if they miss on Ramsey

Oregon is not, IMO, pushing for Lecque. Neither is UCLA

TCU has Jamie Dixon but also a pretty loaded roster right now.

Unless some other school swoops in....I think we get him and I dont think he is NBA draft ready. Will.have to see what a season at Brewster does.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Everything my friend is just a guess until it actually happens...you never know

I think lousville will recruit someone else causing josh to think twice(plus home factor)

I think Beverly will have less and less minutes overtime and decide to transfer

I havent talked to josh since early Augsust also
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Is leque over ranked and that's why people are dropping out on him?
TheStorm
^^ Thanks for clarifying.
gopack_83
I wouldn't say Lecque is overrated, I'd say there are others who may be better then him right now due to just his inconsistent shooting but overall he has one of the highest ceilings out of everyone in the 2019 class
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

Manny Bates will be a RS freshman next year. He should be considered the first member of the '19 recruiting class.

Also, Nevada was one shot from making the 'Elite 8' with an entire starting lineup of transfers(with 4 more on the bench sitting as redshirts)...Things have changed, especially with the whole 'Post grad transfer' system in place.
Very true. The bigs for 19 look good with manny and Sacha, along with steere. 1 or 2 guards will ease my concerns.
Dunlow66
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Is moore making his choice in October or I heard wrong?
He was said to be taking a week off from the process, then maybe a decision, maybe a visit to UNC.

Moore will likely commit before the early signing period ends on Nov 21st
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Dumb question but if Keatts can get 3...moore patrick and leque...that's one over the scholarship so can he just remove someone else on the team? Or he doesnt have the heart to do that?
RyanMB
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Dumb question but if Keatts can get 3...moore patrick and leque...that's one over the scholarship so can he just remove someone else on the team? Or he doesnt have the heart to do that?
I for one don't want a coach that has the heart to do that to a kid that is living up to his end of the bargain.
gopack_83
First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.