Basketball recruiting and transfers

TheWhiteWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Former NC State target Anfernee Simons gets selected in the first round of the NBA draft by Portland at 25 overall. About 3 mil guaranteed over 2 years. Pretty good money for a kid who never played a minute of college ball.
Makes you wonder what would have happened had he played a minute?
NatePait94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Former NC State target Anfernee Simons gets selected in the first round of the NBA draft by Portland at 25 overall. About 3 mil guaranteed over 2 years. Pretty good money for a kid who never played a minute of college ball.


I am happy for him. He made a good choice in the end.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheWhiteWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

Former NC State target Anfernee Simons gets selected in the first round of the NBA draft by Portland at 25 overall. About 3 mil guaranteed over 2 years. Pretty good money for a kid who never played a minute of college ball.
Makes you wonder what would have happened had he played a minute?
All the things he needs to work on that older players in college expose hurt him and he may not be drafted in the first round or at all.

Or, he could completely be a stud and get drafted higher. NBA is all about potential before actual game film ruins that. Take the money now and go work on your craft while getting paid and not having to go to class.
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NatePait94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Former NC State target Anfernee Simons gets selected in the first round of the NBA draft by Portland at 25 overall. About 3 mil guaranteed over 2 years. Pretty good money for a kid who never played a minute of college ball.


I am happy for him. He made a good choice in the end.
Damn good... but still oddly enough not nearly as high as "everybody" seems to tell these guys they will "likely" go when they are in the process of making these decisions.

If I was watching correctly towards the end as I was starting to nod off... Rawle Alkins went undrafted - correct?
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

NatePait94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Former NC State target Anfernee Simons gets selected in the first round of the NBA draft by Portland at 25 overall. About 3 mil guaranteed over 2 years. Pretty good money for a kid who never played a minute of college ball.


I am happy for him. He made a good choice in the end.
Damn good... but still oddly enough not nearly as high as "everybody" seems to tell these guys they will "likely" go when they are in the process of making these decisions.

If I was watching correctly towards the end as I was starting to nod off... Rawle Alkins went undrafted - correct?
Rawle and Malik Newman both went undrafted. I think there were a lot of draft and stash players in the second round this year.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Jaywolf27
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not as many as in past drafts. Even guys that are undrafted can get a two way contact. I think that's what most teams will do this year. Try to treat those as 3rd round picks.
rwwalsh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hamidou Diallo was a projected top 10 pick last year off pure hype. Then he actually stepped on the court at UK and I believe he ended up being a late 2nd pick. Simons made a good call going pro and I think you'll see a lot of other guys do the same going forward.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jaywolf27 said:

Not as many as in past drafts. Even guys that are undrafted can get a two way contact. I think that's what most teams will do this year. Try to treat those as 3rd round picks.
With the new two way contracts and almost all teams having their own Dleague affilitate, I would like to see the draft add a round, especially if HS kids are again allowed to be drafted in 2020
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rwwalsh said:

Hamidou Diallo was a projected top 10 pick last year off pure hype. Then he actually stepped on the court at UK and I believe he ended up being a late 2nd pick. Simons made a good call going pro and I think you'll see a lot of other guys do the same going forward.
Never saw Diallo projected as a top10 guy, most had him at around 20-25 before playing at UK last year.

Still not as big a drop as Trevon Duval at Duke. He was considered the top PG in the class and goes undrafted after one year at Duke.

Gary Trent also took a pretty big tumble compared to his HS rankings.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Duval was considered a lottery pick up until Jan or Feb of this year. Really went into a free fall when his poor shooting was exposed.
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Duval was considered a lottery pick up until Jan or Feb of this year. Really went into a free fall when his poor shooting was exposed.

How do NBA scouts miss so badly when evaluating kids who compete in AAU events and HS seasons? I'm sure Duke already assessed his shooting woes when they recruited him. The kid didn't suddenly lose all his other skills and athleticism. Someone gave him horrible advice on the decision to enter the draft.
RowanWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congratulations to Wendell Moore for making the US 17U National team.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RowanWolf said:

Congratulations to Wendell Moore for making the US 17U National team.
Isaac Okoro also made the team
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

Dunlow66 said:

Duval was considered a lottery pick up until Jan or Feb of this year. Really went into a free fall when his poor shooting was exposed.

How do NBA scouts miss so badly when evaluating kids who compete in AAU events and HS seasons? I'm sure Duke already assessed his shooting woes when they recruited him. The kid didn't suddenly lose all his other skills and athleticism. Someone gave him horrible advice on the decision to enter the draft.
Dunlow, this was a serious question about NBA scouts. Do they really have this much difficulty evaluating kids? Obviously, I am not a scout and have no idea how difficult this job may be, but projecting kids' potential and deciding to spend so much money on early round picks would make me very uncomfortable. Can you shed some light on the process and difficulties of the job?
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

PackFansXL said:

Dunlow66 said:

Duval was considered a lottery pick up until Jan or Feb of this year. Really went into a free fall when his poor shooting was exposed.

How do NBA scouts miss so badly when evaluating kids who compete in AAU events and HS seasons? I'm sure Duke already assessed his shooting woes when they recruited him. The kid didn't suddenly lose all his other skills and athleticism. Someone gave him horrible advice on the decision to enter the draft.
Dunlow, this was a serious question about NBA scouts. Do they really have this much difficulty evaluating kids? Obviously, I am not a scout and have no idea how difficult this job may be, but projecting kids' potential and deciding to spend so much money on early round picks would make me very uncomfortable. Can you shed some light on the process and difficulties of the job?


A lot of the projections you see are from Mock drafts not Nba scouts, so not so much that they do t know what they are doing. But it's also hard to tell what a kid can do at the nba level compared to the competition they have now. You never know when a kid is done growing, or if their game has already gotten as far as it can get, also don't k ow about injuries. A prime example was Seventh Woods, his freshman and sophomore year he was viewed as a basketball prodigy, and then he didn't really improved and got hurt so his stock fell, he peaked well before his class mates did and it allowed him to dominate. As a scout it's hard to tell if a kid has peaked or not, that's why they get paid so much
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
'94, thanks for the feedback. I guess that begs the question about the expertise or insight of those who project mock drafts. Seems on some kids, they miss wildly.
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

'94, thanks for the feedback. I guess that begs the question about the expertise or insight of those who project mock drafts. Seems on some kids, they miss wildly.


Yeah, a lot of the guys who do Mock Drafts just base their picks off of recruiting rankings, some go more in depth.
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

PackFansXL said:

'94, thanks for the feedback. I guess that begs the question about the expertise or insight of those who project mock drafts. Seems on some kids, they miss wildly.


Yeah, a lot of the guys who do Mock Drafts just base their picks off of recruiting rankings, some go more in depth.
Yep, most mocks have Zion going top-4. I have a very, very hard time seeing that actually happen. Zion is a freak athlete but I have never seen him do anything offensively except dunk the ball. Thats gonna be pretty hard for a undersized big to do that in the league
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
RowanWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There was an old school NBA saying, "You are who you can guard" when it came to evaluating if a kid could play in the league or not. I'm not sure that applies any more in today's game.
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
State has offered class of 2020 PF, Mark Williams. Top 100 kid from Norfolk, VA


WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RowanWolf said:

There was an old school NBA saying, "You are who you can guard" when it came to evaluating if a kid could play in the league or not. I'm not sure that applies any more in today's game.
Ayton was one of the worst defensive big men in the country and he went #1 overall
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like an indictment on the level of defense played in the NBA of today.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

PackFansXL said:

'94, thanks for the feedback. I guess that begs the question about the expertise or insight of those who project mock drafts. Seems on some kids, they miss wildly.


Yeah, a lot of the guys who do Mock Drafts just base their picks off of recruiting rankings, some go more in depth.
Yep, most mocks have Zion going top-4. I have a very, very hard time seeing that actually happen. Zion is a freak athlete but I have never seen him do anything offensively except dunk the ball. Thats gonna be pretty hard for a undersized big to do that in the league
I respectfully disagree on Zion. I see a LOT of Charles Barkley in his game
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

State has offered class of 2020 PF, Mark Williams. Top 100 kid from Norfolk, VA



Solid prospect, Underranked right now, IMO. Kid has the makings of a great defensive player in college. LONG arms and can actually hit a shot or two from outside. His sister is in the WNBA and played at Duke. Needs a little more muscle, but the potential is there. Love this offer after missing on Sharpe.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
South Carolina lands AJ Lawson(4star winf) as a late addition to the '18 class. Could help NC State in the Juwan Gary recruitment
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

South Carolina lands AJ Lawson(4star winf) as a late addition to the '18 class. Could help NC State in the Juwan Gary recruitment


Do you think State is in second to USC? Or is VT/Clemson/Bama up there?
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

South Carolina lands AJ Lawson(4star winf) as a late addition to the '18 class. Could help NC State in the Juwan Gary recruitment


Do you think State is in second to USC? Or is VT/Clemson/Bama up there?
I think we are right there behind USC, but if they fall out, Clemson could make a move.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Andrew Slater @Andrew__Slater 2h2 hours ago
More

NC State has offered 6'10" Clifford Omoruyi'20 @wizcliff77

Biggest wingspan at Nike Elite 100
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?



Impressive numbers for Hellems
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WolfpackSI said:

July 14 is a big day for @LebaneseCedarMaronite777. He said to expect 2-3 big moves so let's see. Whatever happens that day is gonna determine if hes got some sources or is a troll. Til then I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.
One week to go......
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

July 14 is a big day for @LebaneseCedarMaronite777. He said to expect 2-3 big moves so let's see. Whatever happens that day is gonna determine if hes got some sources or is a troll. Til then I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.
One week to go......



Hey, the kids been true to his word so far about not coming back lol. Maybe he was telling the truth
Ripper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Awesome! Sounds like we're getting Lecque and Moore on 7/14. I'm sure the Lebanese guy has impeccable sources.
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ripper said:

Awesome! Sounds like we're getting Lecque and Moore on 7/14. I'm sure the Lebanese guy has impeccable sources.


Nah it was Nickleberry and "some French guy"
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://247sports.com/Player/Alex-Antetokounmpo-46048042/


Let's just go ahead and offer this guy for 2020
Page 76 of 201
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.