Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,243,153 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?

First time seeing unc mentioned. Also doesn't really matter but we were listed first lol
nryanh94
nryanh94
https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/basketball/jayden-epps-top-six-reclassifying-2021-recruiting

Would be interested to see if we would take him if he reclasses to 21
AtlWolf
Sadly when you don't have a coach who knows what he is doing recruiting doesn't matter a whole bunch. Keatts' best season was his first, we have gotten worse with his players.
metcalfmafia
I wonder how much the NCAA is truly hurting recruiting. Arizona and LSU continued to recruit well with their coaches being watched like a hawk.
nryanh94
metcalfmafia said:

I wonder how much the NCAA is truly hurting recruiting. Arizona and LSU continued to recruit well with their coaches being watched like a hawk.

I mean our class is currently ranked ahead of both of theirs
metcalfmafia
nryanh94 said:

metcalfmafia said:

They both had top 10 classes while their coaches were being drug through the mud on the news. Instant impact classes.
nryanh94
metcalfmafia said:

nryanh94 said:

metcalfmafia said:

They both had top 10 classes while their coaches were being drug through the mud on the news. Instant impact classes.

And we had a pretty damn good class until Hall jumped to go pro. Our recruiting has been around the same as them, we just lost a kid to the pros
cmball3
AtlWolf said:

Sadly when you don't have a coach who knows what he is doing recruiting doesn't matter a whole bunch. Keatts' best season was his first, we have gotten worse with his players.

So he only knew what he was doing with someone else's players? This kinda post is so damn stupid.
WolfpackSI
You guys realize recruiting at NC State is not that same as recruiting at LSU or Zona. Both are flagship programs at their state. We are competing with Louisville, Wake, FSU, Virginia for the kids that Duke and UNC don't want
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
kirbke3
cam hayes looks like he has some serious defensive upside. would have made a great corner!
TopsailWolf
No chance. He needs to be more physical.
AtlWolf
cmball3 said:

AtlWolf said:

So he only knew what he was doing with someone else's players? This kinda post is so damn stupid.
Somehow you were unable to grasp my point, which had nothing to do with KK knowing what he was doing his first yr. We were told by many posters that once KK got in his players and could play his system that we would improve.

That has not happened. I am fine with KK getting another couple of seasons and hope for the best during that time.

But so far I think he is in over his head. We certainly had more success with Gottfried at this point in his tenure.
cmball3
AtlWolf said:

cmball3 said:

AtlWolf said:

Somehow you were unable to grasp my point, which had nothing to do with KK knowing what he was doing his first yr. We were told by many posters that once KK got in his players and could play his system that we would improve.

That has not happened. I am fine with KK getting another couple of seasons and hope for the best during that time.

But so far I think he is in over his head. We certainly had more success with Gottfried at this point in his tenure.
To be fair, it is difficult to grasp a stupid point.

The devil is in the details. Keatts has had some difficulty with recruiting compared to that of Gottfried, Lowe and Sendek. What ever could possibly be going on that would make it more difficult for a very relatable, young coach that would keep some of the recruits that he wanted making it to campus? Oh, that's right...the mess that Gottfried left us with the FBI and NCAA. We are being negatively recruited against and he's still been able to get some really good players to commit. He's had some bad luck with two guys going to the NBA instead of enrolling. And the worse thing was likely having his best commit (a damn good find as well) backing out of his LOI and going to Villanova before getting drafted in the first round. It has been reported that Bey was worried about sanctions against the program.

Do we all want to win more? Yes; are we truly grading Keatts recruiting as poor when he's going against this investigation? we shouldn't be.

Gott was left much better teams than he left Keatts but that's apples and oranges if you actually looked at it.
Willies1
Was Markell a bad player? Was Dorn a bad player? Was Yurtseven a bad player? Those were gotts players and would you take them now? Just wondering?
Willies1
Even freeman?
Willies1
That roster is the best roster keatts has had. And played a hell of a lot better competition than what in the acc right now. So don't say the he was left with nothing. Hell its the best team he has had.
Willies1
how good would that roster be In the acc right now?
nryanh94
Future cast for Epps to State from Jamie Shaw
Andrew4343
Can you or anyone describe his game? Don't want to sound negative but we already have several short guards. Also several ranked around where Epps is.
Should we be excited with a potential pickup like this?
ClePack
Please man. We need players. No more projects
NCSUWolfPack92
We need length. Long guards and wings. Lorenzo Brown and CJ Williams body types
FlockaWolf
Yup, we always look like the smaller team. If we can't get that, just get someone who can shoot.
Packfan8
Mj rice just posted a video of shak and cam Hayes on his instagram story
Packfan8
Andrew4343 said:

Can you or anyone describe his game? Don't want to sound negative but we already have several short guards. Also several ranked around where Epps is.
Should we be excited with a potential pickup like this?

"Last week, Epps led all players in scoring at the St James NIBC invitational, when he averaged 26.5 points per game." this invitational was the same one that MJ Rice played well in. Also last season as a sophomore he averaged 26 ppg and 7 assists for a 4a state co champion (assuming that means they made the state championship but game was cancelled) in Virginia.
wolfpackjb
I like Epps, and I think he's a guy that could contribute right away. However, we REALLY need to add a bigger guard/wing in this class. We need more length in our system. If we could find a way to land MJ Rice along with Epps, I would feel much better about it.
Dunlow66
wolfpackjb said:

I like Epps, and I think he's a guy that could contribute right away. However, we REALLY need to add a bigger guard/wing in this class. We need more length in our system. If we could find a way to land MJ Rice along with Epps, I would feel much better about it.

I'd be shocked if we dont add a 'transfer wing'
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

Epps is a Top 100 player
wolfpackjb
Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

Epps is a Top 100 player
You a fan of Epps Dun? I haven't seen much video of him so just curious.
Andrew4343
Do you think there is any chance that DD wants to play another year? Assuming he is healthy.
Dunlow66
wolfpackjb said:

Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

Epps is a Top 100 player

I actually like Elijah Jamison more because of his size and physical style of play, but Epps can compete in the ACC.
jwpack
Is Epps a true pg or a combo guard.
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackjb said:

Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

Epps is a Top 100 player

I actually like Elijah Jamison more because of his size and physical style of play, but Epps can compete in the ACC.

I like Jamison much better even though he isn't rated as high. He has learned how to really be a point guard at Liberty Heights. He isn't just a scoring guard anymore. Plus he friends with a lot of guys on the team which wild only help chemistry. He is also a legit 6'3".
Packfan8
Jaywolf27 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackjb said:

Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

Epps is a Top 100 player

I like Jamison much better even though he isn't rated as high. He has learned how to really be a point guard at Liberty Heights. He isn't just a scoring guard anymore. Plus he friends with a lot of guys on the team which wild only help chemistry. He is also a legit 6'3".

I don't get what's wrong with Jamison in the eyes of coaches. Maybe there is baggage that the common person doesn't know but he can play basketball with the best of them
Packfan8
jwpack said:

Is Epps a true pg or a combo guard.

I think he's a combo guard who is trying to transition more into primary ball handler role
First Page Last Page
Page 328 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.