Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,606 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Cedar Phoencian
Lol Shh...

I wanna see hayes have more minutes. I think he is more college ready and just has a natural feel for the game

I'm also thrilled about seabron but he needs to bulk up

With everyone being so skinny, farrar was missed lol
Packfan8
Cam Thomas has 22 in his first game at LSU with 5 minutes left...
NCSUWolfPack92
Wasn't from a lack of trying on our end. Keatts can identify talent.
Packamylase
His name sounds familiar...
Bulldogwolf27
NCSUWolfPack92 said:

Wasn't from a lack of trying on our end. Keatts can identify talent.

Look at the NBA draft as proof of that. Coach came in second with the 4th pick (Pat Williams) and 5th (Issac Okoro) and we had Bey signed that went 18th. So clearly the man knows guard/wing talent.
braz213
Packfan8 said:

Cam Thomas has 22 in his first game at LSU with 5 minutes left...

That's what he's really good at. Scoring. He's gonna be a really good college player.
M_A
TheStorm said:

I thought it had something to do with Nickelberry and innuendos, that recruits in that class were getting recruited over before they were even on campus? But that seems like so long ago now, I'm not sure I remember all the details anymore (if I ever even knew them to begin with)...

Maybe I'll check with Strutter or Cedar... one of those two would remember for sure...

Bey wanted out of the LOI because he had depth chart concerns and used the FBI investigation as an excuse. Worked out for him, unfortunate for us

Hope one of these days we land the NBA guy instead of him going elsewhere. I'm worried Aidoo is going to be another one
"It's ACC Championship or bust, quite honestly"
Packfan8
M_A said:

TheStorm said:

I thought it had something to do with Nickelberry and innuendos, that recruits in that class were getting recruited over before they were even on campus? But that seems like so long ago now, I'm not sure I remember all the details anymore (if I ever even knew them to begin with)...

Maybe I'll check with Strutter or Cedar... one of those two would remember for sure...

Bey wanted out of the LOI because he had depth chart concerns and used the FBI investigation as an excuse. Worked out for him, unfortunate for us

Hope one of these days we land the NBA guy instead of him going elsewhere. I'm worried Aidoo is going to be another one

Don't think we ever had a chance with Aidoo
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

M_A said:

TheStorm said:

Don't think we ever had a chance with Aidoo

Yeah, think the chances of him coming here are about as good as Roosevelt Wheeler getting out of his LOI, decommitting and coming here
Dunlow66
I never heard one rumor or little bit of info that suggested we had a legit shot at Aidoo. I doubt we were Top 5.
nryanh94
Packfan8

Averaged 19 ppg last season for his father who just suddenly passed away
CLTWolf
Packfan8 said:

Averaged 19 ppg last season for his father who just recently suddenly passed away
He was a pretty good shooter at Pitt as a freshman, IIRC.

So terribly sad about his dad. I had saw that he passed.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
WolfpackSI
CLTWolf said:

Packfan8 said:

Averaged 19 ppg last season for his father who just recently suddenly passed away
He was a pretty good shooter at Pitt as a freshman, IIRC.

So terribly sad about his dad. I had saw that he passed.

Very sad indeed, gonna be rooting for the kid wherever he goes.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8

We're recruiting him again
Dunlow66
Mempis looks like a potential landing spot, IMO.
Bulldogwolf27
Went to check on Tyler Maye (from teammate of T.smith and VCU player) and Blake Harris play Charleston Southern and noticed Blake wasn't on the bench. Hopefully he was just sick and didn't leave another school again.
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

We're recruiting him again
Everyone hears from us lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
New 247 rankings have come out Ross up 1 to 49, smith up 4 to 75, Pass up 11 to 142.
WolfpackSI
Freshman Cam Hayes looks better than Senior Markell lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Freshman Cam Hayes looks better than Senior Markell lol
Lot less pressure on Hayes as a freshman than there was on Markell as a senior.
Packfan8

Cuts his list today whether we make it or not this kid is gonna make a great addition to any program
Packfan8
Stewart has 2 years of eligibility so it wouldn't hurt to bring him in and have him play second semester and still get another year with him
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Jonas Aidoo
@J0nasAid00

48s
Committing on my Birthday 12/10 !
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Jonas Aidoo
@J0nasAid00

48s
Committing on my Birthday 12/10 !

De'Ante Green, come on down
M_A
Can someone who knows more about the state's youth development fill me in on what's happened to all our elite recruits? Are they all bailing to Montverde as freshmen or something?

I dont necessarily think '21 is a down year because theres a lot of good depth there - but this is basically what NC should have every year. Styles in the 50s, Terquavion who I think will be really good then Aidoo and a bunch of guards filling out near the 100s and down to 150. NC should have a set of those guards every season

Again, doesnt seem so bad but then you look at 2022 and we have De'Ante Green who is a 97 in composite and then some 100-150 guys

I guess 2020 was fine, it just lost its top players to the DLeague. We got a stud with Cam, though.

But thats my concern. We need Cam's (multiple of him, really) in every class because we arent going to be guaranteed every one. If we're going to have 1 guy a year who is a guaranteed stud and then youre mining for developmental guards and bigs, it's going to get rough. Hell, it helps you get those good developmental prospects - Manny was 9th in his class, in the state!
nryanh94
M_A said:

Can someone who knows more about the state's youth development fill me in on what's happened to all our elite recruits? Are they all bailing to Montverde as freshmen or something?

I dont necessarily think '21 is a down year because theres a lot of good depth there - but this is basically what NC should have every year. Styles in the 50s, Terquavion who I think will be really good then Aidoo and a bunch of guards filling out near the 100s and down to 150. NC should have a set of those guards every season

Again, doesnt seem so bad but then you look at 2022 and we have De'Ante Green who is a 97 in composite and then some 100-150 guys

I guess 2020 was fine, it just lost its top players to the DLeague. We got a stud with Cam, though.

But thats my concern. We need Cam's (multiple of him, really) in every class because we arent going to be guaranteed every one. If we're going to have 1 guy a year who is a guaranteed stud and then youre mining for developmental guards and bigs, it's going to get rough. Hell, it helps you get those good developmental prospects - Manny was 9th in his class, in the state!

Jaden Bradley #8, transferred to IMG, MJ Rice ,# 22, transferred to Oak Hill, Jalen Hood Schifino #25, transferred to Montverde
M_A
Well, there ya go. Now the real question - are we in on any of them?
nryanh94
M_A said:

Well, there ya go. Now the real question - are we in on any of them?

We're in it for MJ Rice at Oak Hill, but if Duke offers he's gone
Packfan8
Packamylase
Coach Keatts is a busy man.
nryanh94
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Was about to post the same thing. Keatts needs to make him the biggest priority to get him in 21. Also probably will see his ranking back in the top 50 again now lol
First Page Last Page
Page 320 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.