Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,864 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Think when it's all over this will be the bigger punch in the nuts.
Dunlow66
jake weingarten
22h

Breaking: Anthony Grant and Dayton lands a major recruit in Mustapha Amzil, he told
@Stockrisers
. He discussed his decision to attend college rather than the pros. But, wow, Grant is on a tear.
Packfan8
wolfpackjb
Packfan8 said:

Reminds me of Brady Manek from Oklahoma.
Packfan8

With one scholarship we could add him for second semester but I doubt it
wufpack7
I assume with this year not counting against you the grad transfer would actually have this year AND next year to play if he chooses. Could be a positive or a negative depending on your needs and scholarship situation.
Dunlow66
wufpack7 said:

I assume with this year not counting against you the grad transfer would actually have this year AND next year to play if he chooses. Could be a positive or a negative depending on your needs and scholarship situation.
I bet that doesnt apply to grad transfers..
1985 NCSU Grad
1985 NCSU Grad
1985 NCSU Grad
1985 NCSU Grad
T-Lew's report from recent basketball event for local players
Dunlow66
Elijah Jamison (Liberty Heights) Strong / physical guard. He has done a tremendous job leading the way for Coach Wright and Liberty Heights. He has shown the ability to really lead a team. The guard is extremely explosive and I have yet to see anyone keep him out the lane

Jonas Aidoo (Liberty Heights) What makes him special is his ability to be great on both sides of the ball. He is an extremely special talent. He has a great feel for the game. Runs the floor really well. Great hands when catching dump off passes and lobs. Tremendous touch scoring around the rim and on the perimeter.

Brandon White (Winston Salem Christian) He has great frame / strong body. He runs the floor really well in transition. He continues to show us that he is able to score in the post. Does a great job battling on the boards. Attacks both the offensive and defensive glass really hard.

From the linked article. Some players with NCSU interest
Dunlow66
and a couple that should be watched closely...IMO.

Jordan Wildly (Winston-Salem Christian) I've had the chance to watch Jordan Wildly multiple times in past few weeks and he has been the most impressive player on the court. Every time I walk away from his game, I think to myself that Iona definitely got a steal. He makes a huge impact on the game with his length and size. He is able to guard multiple positions.

Corneilius Williams (Moravian Prep) The 6'10 forward has a really quick 1st and 2nd jump. He is someone who can play the 3, 4, and 5. He can guard multiple positions. He does a great job finishing at the rim and shown the ability to knock down mid-range jump shots.

Eli Ellis (Moravian Prep) Very mature for his age and grade. Highly skilled and plays with poise beyond his years.
Packfan8
Patrick Williams goes 4th overall.... former target that we could've used last year. Have to think FSU uses him for future recruiting, didn't even start for FSU
WolfpackSI
Siddiq Bey also a first rounder

Instead of being upset about it. Im choosing to be optimistic about the fact that KK truly has an eye for talent.

Of note, Josh Hall also signed a 2-way with the thunder
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
The thunder aka nc state none and dones
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

Instead of being upset about it. Im choosing to be optimistic about the fact that KK truly has an eye for talent.

Yep correct me if I'm wrong but the fbi investigation ****ed us with both Williams and bey. I know for a fact bey got out of his LOI because of it but I'm pretty sure Williams chose FSU over us because of the same reason.
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Yep correct me if I'm wrong but the fbi investigation ****ed us with both Williams and bey. I know for a fact bey got out of his LOI because of it but I'm pretty sure Williams chose FSU over us because of the same reason.

Man now youre making me sad again. Lol

Imagine a lineup of Kell, Dev, Bey, Pat Will, DJF.

NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dennis Smith III
The Thunder signed Yurt also lol

Lecque, Hall, and Yurt teaming up in OKC instead of Raleigh
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Man now youre making me sad again. Lol

Imagine a lineup of Kell, Dev, Bey, Pat Will, DJF.

Keatts obviously has identified talent early, just needs things to start going back our way
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

WolfpackSI said:

I dont think the FBI stuff hurt with Williams. He wanted to go pro as a 'one and done' and felt FSU could get him there. He was correct.
RDUwolfpack
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

WolfpackSI said:

I dont think the FBI stuff hurt with Williams. He wanted to go pro as a 'one and done' and felt FSU could get him there. He was correct.

Truth
NCSU1995

I thought Bey went elsewhere because we added Killeya-Jones late in the going. Yes? No? Just googled and the news for both Bey leaving and K-J coming happened on the same day. 5/15/18. One had something to do with the other.
Packfan8
NCSU1995 said:

I thought Bey went elsewhere because we added Killeya-Jones late in the going. Yes? No? Just googled and the news for both Bey leaving and K-J coming happened on the same day. 5/15/18. One had something to do with the other.

Bey never enrolled while the others in his class did and were in school for summer school so that was already in the works
Packfan8
"Looking back on it I wish we would have given North Carolina State nine months," Quincy Hall said. "We're here now and we are going to make the best of the situation." Damn
Packamylase
Packfan8 said:

"Looking back on it I wish we would have given North Carolina State nine months," Quincy Hall said. "We're here now and we are going to make the best of the situation." Damn
Whoa, is that a post-draft quote? Sad for Josh.
NCSU1995
Packfan8 said:

NCSU1995 said:

Bey never enrolled while the others in his class did and were in school for summer school so that was already in the works

I'm waiting on Lilly's Pizza and have nothing to do so I'll point out that the news happened in May so he was still in high school along with , I assume, everyone else in that class.
CLTWolf
NCSU1995 said:

Packfan8 said:

NCSU1995 said:

I'm waiting on Lilly's Pizza and have nothing to do so I'll point out that the news happened in May so he was still in high school along with , I assume, everyone else in that class.

SKJ had nothing to do with Bey asking for the release.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Whatever, don't trust a word that comes out of that dude's mouth anyway.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

IseWolf22 said:

Dunlow66 said:

IseWolf22 said:

PicklePacker said:

I posted this on the other thread as well, but, if Dorn has graduated, does he still take up a scholarship?
Yes.
His dad could always pay his way.........doubt it would happen, but the guy did make an NFL paycheck for years.
I guess, but it's certainly a rare scenario. The only comment I saw about a freshman decommit said
"Looks like it's a freshman, not bates."

So it could be Steere or Hellms, not just Bey. But who knows at this point. TD still seems more likely, as much as I would hate that.

Steere and Hellems are on campus already
This was one of the original posts from that year I guess just two guys had enrolled but the rumors of Bey decommiting happened before this
Dunlow66
Packamylase said:

Packfan8 said:

Whoa, is that a post-draft quote? Sad for Josh.
Not really. They made the decision.
Dunlow66
CLTWolf said:

NCSU1995 said:

Packfan8 said:

NCSU1995 said:

SKJ had nothing to do with Bey asking for the release.
I honestly think Bey leaving opened the door for SKJ, not the other way around.
WolfpackSI
ITs funny at the time I didn't think much of not getting Siddiq. I was happier that we were getting Torin back for another year. Funny looking back on how that played out lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TheStorm
I thought it had something to do with Nickelberry and innuendos, that recruits in that class were getting recruited over before they were even on campus? But that seems like so long ago now, I'm not sure I remember all the details anymore (if I ever even knew them to begin with)...

Maybe I'll check with Strutter or Cedar... one of those two would remember for sure...
First Page Last Page
Page 319 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.