Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,272 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Can we stick to recruiting.

Hall to NCSU looking less and less likely

Who's up next?
Unreal. Duped two years in a row. Keatts has to be smarter man....

So he shouldn't recruit a kid that's ranked outside of the top 100? Because Josh one year ago was ranked outside the top 100.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Who's up next?

So he shouldn't recruit a kid that's ranked outside of the top 100? Because Josh one year ago was ranked outside the top 100.
I don't know about all of that, but I do remember noticing how few "big name" schools recruited Lecque and or Hall. There had to be some kind of writing on the wall, no? This sets us back, yet again, and it's due to essentially the same circumstance.
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Who's up next?

I don't know about all of that, but I do remember noticing how few "big name" schools recruited Lecque and or Hall. There had to be some kind of writing on the wall, no? This sets us back, yet again, and it's due to essentially the same circumstance.
I do know that's why I posted it. When we started recruiting him he wasn't on the NBA radar and he wasn't a top 100 kid. He made a huge jump in the rankings between May and June.
But that doesn't fit your negative narrative.

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Josh-Hall-at-Moravian-Prep-239564/RecruitRankHistory/
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Who's up next?

I do know that's why I posted it. When we started recruiting him he wasn't on the NBA radar and he wasn't a top 100 kid. He made a huge jump in the rankings between May and June.

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Josh-Hall-at-Moravian-Prep-239564/RecruitRankHistory/
Yes, but there had to be a reason that other big schools didn't hound him when he finally flourished. All i know is that we are never going to reach our potential if this keeps happening. An enormous hole will be left on the team, just like last year. I just find it incredible that it has happened two years in a row, and it doesn't happen that often at all. us and Michigan? That may be all.
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Who's up next?

Yes, but there had to be a reason that other big schools didn't hound him when he finally flourished. All i know is that we are never going to reach our potential if this keeps happening. An enormous hole will be left on the team, just like last year. I just find it incredible that it has happened two years in a row, and it doesn't happen that often at all. us and Michigan? That may be all.
ok
TheStorm
ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Who's up next?
Who specifically - that we actually had a realistic shot at and was rated somewhat comparably - did it cost us? Who exactly did we miss on because we went after Josh Hall?
ClePack
TheStorm said:

ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Who's up next?
Who specifically - that we actually had a realistic shot at and was rated somewhat comparably - did it cost us? Who exactly did we miss on because we went after Josh Hall?
Who knows. I can't scheme up the butterfly effect of all of this. It just stings, as i'm sure many of you know. Of course those efforts for hall could have been spent elsewhere, on who exactly? We can dream up anything.

It just sucks that it keeps happening to us.
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

TheStorm said:

ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Who's up next?
Who knows. I can't scheme up the butterfly effect of all of this. It just stings, as i'm sure many of you know. Of course those efforts for hall could have been spent elsewhere, on who exactly? We can dream up anything.

It just sucks that it keeps happening to us.
WolfpackSI
Imo theres only so much you can put on KK. Quincy Hall less than a month ago told one of the PP guys that "we coming" when asked directly about Josh Hall's draft status. They could have been saying the same thing to the coaching staff. If one party isn't being straightforward then there is only so much KK can do. You gotta take people for their word at some point.
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

Imo theres only so much you can put on KK. Quincy Hall less than a month ago told one of the PP guys that "we coming" when asked directly about Josh Hall's draft status. They could have been saying the same thing to the coaching staff. If one party isn't being straightforward then there is only so much KK can do. You gotta take people for their word at some point.

Keatts said the same thing a few weeks back. He said he hadn't heard anything from Hall about going pro.
ClePack
I'm not necessarily mad or blaming keatts, just bummed it happened against. 0-2 with these eligible kids is rough. I guess we turn our attention elsewhere.
pack1502
Imma laugh if Hall ends up coming to State after this conversation.
WolfpackSI
pack1502 said:

We all will bud
wolfpackjb
WolfpackSI said:

pack1502 said:

We all will bud

We will all laugh and virtually hug each other!
1985 NCSU Grad
https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2020/04/16/jalen-green-makur-maker-isaiah-todd-karim-mane-kai-sotto/
Wlfpacka7
1985 NCSU Grad said:

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2020/04/16/jalen-green-makur-maker-isaiah-todd-karim-mane-kai-sotto/

Why did I just click through that? I didn't see any mention of us.
Packfan8
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

I have a good feeling we are gonna be on that list.
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

I have a good feeling we are gonna be on that list.

From what I've gathered on Twitter he has only "virtually visited" 4 schools. Georgia, nc state, Arkansas and Minnesota. Maybe George mason also makes the list but I would assume the schools that he was interested enough to look at the facilities will make the top 5.
Packfan8

6'6 2021 guard
https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-James-46093891/
WolfpackSI
So..is AJ Taylor gonna be on the roster next year? No signs of any roster movement
Packfan8
Packfan8
Packfan8 said:

With Michigan emerging late and their need for a guard I think that's the most likely destination unless he wants to be close to home then it's us or Georgetown
WolfpackSI
Didnt see this but Landers Nolley to Memphis
Packfan8
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Not hearing a lot of NCSU buzz on this one.

but rumor was Michigan and now they are out
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Seems like Michigan may be the destination

Michigan isn't in his final 3.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Seems like Michigan may be the destination

Michigan isn't in his final 3.
edited.

My bad. Michigan was thought to be in a good spot here.
Packfan8
wolfpackfan00 said:

Hmmmm we're the closest school to home for him maybe we can get a talented guard. The a-10 is a pretty good conference so his dropoff won't be as severe as other grad transfers. Georgia seems like the team to beat but I can guarantee he will wear red next year
Dunlow66
Honestly, Im not sure Kier is the best option for us....unless Daniels is definitely gone.

Im not really a big fan of his game or how it would translate to the ACC.
Dunlow66
Latest rumor on Kier is he is down to Minnesota or Georgia.

Doesnt sound like we are getting him.
oceanclub
I wonder how many of these we are actually offering or just reaching out to.
RowanWolf
Good point. Technically, we still do not have a scholarship to give. Any definite word on Taylor's knee? Funny's intentions? I guess Hall will be up in the air until the deadline.
Dunlow66
OT

Moravian head coach moving on

First Page Last Page
Page 289 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.