Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,572 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
HungryWolf92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

[url=https://twitter.com/Coach_Rick57][/url]
Rick Lewis
@Coach_Rick57

3m
6'0 2020 Shakeel Moore (Moravian Prep) has really improved his range and 3-point shooting efficiency. Taking OV to Providence September 13-15, OV to NC State September 20-22, and OV to Pitt September 27-29

Would be nice to have him cancel that Pitt visit after he visits us. We keep putting ourselves in good positions. We will land us a good one soon.
Wolfblood
Dunlow66 said:

Rick Lewis
@Coach_Rick57

3m
6'0 2020 Shakeel Moore (Moravian Prep) has really improved his range and 3-point shooting efficiency. Taking OV to Providence September 13-15, OV to NC State September 20-22, and OV to Pitt September 27-29

Do you think Keatts would take Hayes and Moore assuming both would come or is it a one point guard class? Well, I guess it actually could be a no point guard class. Heh!

Any chance that the pack could get back in the mix for Thomas in the spring if he drags things out that long? Also, why do you think none of the traditional powers are showing any interest in Thomas? Lack of defensive effort? High volume shooter? No offense to LSU and UCONN, but it seems like more schools would be after a highly ranked prospect.

By the way, has LSU received their NOA yet?

Acb0110
Dunlow66 said:

Rick Lewis
@Coach_Rick57

3m

Would love to see this kid in red and white. I don't know if this is the right word, but I like how violent his game is.
nryanh94
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Ja'Dun Michael is there

Also late blooming big man Mylyjael Poteat and 2021 Kuleul Mading(HM potential).
Dunlow66
Mentioned this earlier on the site...but Indiana is trying very hard to get in with Cam Hayes.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Mentioned this earlier on the site...but Indiana is trying very hard to get in with Cam Hayes.

Missed out on caleb love, and would fit the blue blood mold
Dunlow66
Dunlow66
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96
Read this article on the Wolfpacker site & thought I might share it. I sure hope it does work out like this, but am worried that Keatts is not able to seal the deal with any of them.

MAKE A FORECAST
Rivals.com analyst shares his thoughts on NC State hoops recruiting class
The Wolfpacker staff

Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10
Sep 8, 2019
Taking all of your college basketball and recruiting related questions for this week's #TwitterTuesday

tuffy_1994
@tuffy_1994
Where do you think this N.C. State class ends up? Seems like Keatts is getting kids on campus but not closing.

10:47 AM - Sep 8, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See tuffy_1994's other Tweets
I wouldn't doubt Kevin Keatts on the recruiting trail. The Wolfpack have already landed the commitment of power forward Nick Farrar and have made great strides with John Hugley, a four-star center out of Ohio. There was a thought that he was close to committing following his visit last week, and while he decided to hold off, the Wolfpack still sit in a good spot.

Josh Hall was forced to postpone his official visit to NC State over the weekend, but he will visit the ACC program later this fall. One prospect that did visit was Cam Hayes. He just reclassified into the 2020 class, and as long as North Carolina doesn't offer Keatts should have a strong chance with him. Shakeel Moore, Tristan Maxwell and Cam Thomas are three others to watch, with the latter being the Wolfpack's top scoring guard target.

Farrar, Hugley, Hall and Hayes would make up a very strong class one that is within reach
ClePack
for some reason I just feel like we need one of the kids to commit, and then the flood gates will open. I have no inside info, just a feeling. We need one to get things rolling
wolfpackjb
ClePack said:

for some reason I just feel like we need one of the kids to commit, and then the flood gates will open. I have no inside info, just a feeling. We need one to get things rolling

Totally agree. I was hoping Cam Hayes would get the ball rolling this week, but doesn't look that way anymore.
Dunlow66
wolfpackjb said:

ClePack said:

Totally agree. I was hoping Cam Hayes would get the ball rolling this week, but doesn't look that way anymore.
For what it's worth(free site) I feel we are still leading for Hayes and the OV made a difference.

That being said, Hayes has often come across as a kid wanted that 'big time' program to knock on his door. Went from Top 20 to Top 50 when he moved back into his natural class. I think a couple of schools prefered him for 2021.
Struttingwolf96
Like I have said before I know the Keatts & his staff are working their butts off out recruiting (top 3 school in a lot of kids list), but until they can show they can seal the deal State may keep the bridesmaid title instead of getting to be the bride. I hope not, tired of this.
wolfpackjb
Any clue on timeline?
nryanh94
wolfpackjb said:

Any clue on timeline?

His mother said before the start of his Hs season
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackjb said:

ClePack said:

For what it's worth(free site) I feel we are still leading for Hayes and the OV made a difference.

That being said, Hayes has often come across as a kid wanted that 'big time' program to knock on his door. Went from Top 20 to Top 50 when he moved back into his natural class. I think a couple of schools prefered him for 2021.

Would that be why Mack didn't go to his school?
nryanh94
Part of me wonders what this class could look like if AW was still on staff
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackjb said:

ClePack said:

Would that be why Mack didn't go to his school?
Mack is still pushing for Devion Smith and could cetainly land him.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Part of me wonders what this class could look like if AW was still on staff
Cant keep the guy down but, IMO, he may have landed a bigger, better HC job if he had stayed at NC State a few more years and built his rep.

I think he has a lot of potential as a HC but he was also a strong recruiter.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow, what's the deal with Justin Thomas our of village Christian? Kids tape looks good and he is ranked a 4 star but his offer list isn't what you'd expect
Not sure but, IMO, I prefer Jalen McDonald. I think he has more potential to shine in Coach Keatts fast paced attack.
1985 NCSU Grad
AW made a big mistake leaving for EKU. Odds are that he will eventually be back at the Assistant level coaching a Power 5 team again. As far as what we would have with him...maybe we do a little better but probably no better.
nryanh94
1985 NCSU Grad said:

AW made a big mistake leaving for EKU. Odds are that he will eventually be back at the Assistant level coaching a Power 5 team again. As far as what we would have with him...maybe we do a little better but probably no better.

If you think the last part is true you're severely underestimating how good of a recruiter he was
Dunlow66
wolfpackjb said:

Any clue on timeline?
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackjb said:

Any clue on timeline?

Nah man, I don't accept that. Its not real until you start posting gifs/ tv references
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackjb said:

Any clue on timeline?

Nah man, I don't accept that. Its not real until you start posting gifs/ tv references

I agree. We need a gif to prove it
WolfpackSI
1985 NCSU Grad said:

Where exactly is the mistake he made? If things work out, hes getting a HC salary, accelerates his timeline, and gets a power 5 job in a few years.
If things don't work out then he gets a power 5 assistant job the next day and has valuable head coaching experience on his resume. It would have been ideal for us if he stuck around a bit longer but he definitely didn't make a mistake for going after a head coach gig.

Y'all need to take off the red tinted sunglasses once in a while...
ClePack
I take it that smiley face must be good news
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

1985 NCSU Grad said:

Where exactly is the mistake he made? If things work out, hes getting a HC salary, accelerates his timeline, and gets a power 5 job in a few years.
If things don't work out then he gets a power 5 assistant job the next day and has valuable head coaching experience on his resume. It would have been ideal for us if he stuck around a bit longer but he definitely didn't make a mistake for going after a head coach gig.

Y'all need to take off the red tinted sunglasses once in a while...

He made a decision that many of us would dream to make. He went from coaching a prep team to 2 years later being the head coach of a d1 program
CLTWolf
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackjb said:

Any clue on timeline?

I agree. We need a gif to prove it
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Only one head coach
wolfpackjb
Obviously Keatts really wants Cam! I think in the end that's what wins him over
Struttingwolf96
I really hope so, if Keatts can't beat out assistants from other schools there may be a problem.
First Page Last Page
Page 217 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.