Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,220,508 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sometimes they go before school and watch an open gym workout and sometimes they pull them out of class to talk to the athletes. Happened all the time when I was in high school
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

state95 said:

nryanh94 said:

Surprised we aren't there
Why? He was just here all weekend.

Because this is a kid that they're trying to push to commit, and being the first kid that they choose to visit, even immediately after his OV would show him even more that he is the top priority and may push him to commit
Pretty sure the staff made it very clear that he is our priority at the PG position on his OV.

If they didnt, a HS visit is the least of our worries.

One of the schools pushing hardest for the Hayes reclass was NC State. Others wanted him for 2021(like Tennessee). He knows how much NC State wants him.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Sometimes they go before school and watch an open gym workout and sometimes they pull them out of class to talk to the athletes. Happened all the time when I was in high school
I've watched football coaches hang out all day at a HS trying to connect with a particular recruit. Spend time with him, his friends, his coaches, his teachers, etc.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Langford might get and offer now or on his visit
Tchikou is a long and versatile athlete with good size who plays with a tremendous motor. He gives level 10 effort on defense and the result is a prospect with elite upside on that end of the court. He moves his feet ridiculously well for his size and plays with a competitive edge. Offensively, Tchikou will need to continue to improve his handle, jumper and shot selection, but is very capable of hitting threes and is a tough cover in transition and on the glass. There is nothing but upside here.

Update from late April on Tchikou

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Adidas-Gauntlet-Jalen-Bridges-Keeshawn-Barthelemy-Elijah-Fisher-131660092/
Dunlow66
Dunlow66
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

If his defense is his strength then I want him because he looks like he will be a solid 2 way 4/big
ScoobyWolf

Packfan8
Feels like the staff is trying to make up ground quickly. Doubt we can when his brother plays for bc but we'll see
nryanh94

Appears the Terps are going to continue recruiting NC hard
nryanh94
PicklePacker
Starting to feel like the Cam Thomas ship has sailed. Hearing nothing about him and NC State.
TheStorm
Packfan8 said:

Which coaches had you pulled out of class?
Packfan8
Lol I was lucky if the jv coach pulled me off the bench
nryanh94
Rivals has released their class of 2022 Top 50; 3 NC kids make an appearance in the top 20:

#7 - Jaden Bradley - PG - Cannon School, Charlotte (Pack has not offered)

#11 - MJ Rice - SF - Durham Academy, Durham (Pack has offered)

#17 - Jalen Hood-Schifino - Northside Christian Academy, Charlotte (Pack has not offered)
Packfan8

I think this is a typo????
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

I think this is a typo????

It is, mod on TOS said to ignore that tweet
nryanh94
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66
Andrew Slater
@Andrew__Slater
#LSU HC Will Wade will meet with Josh Hall's father, Quincy Hall, for an in-home visit in Durham, NC tonight [url=https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater][/url]
Dunlow66
So like Pickle and I have said....Dad is very involved in this one.
PicklePacker
TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

Who was the guy that coached the bad news bears?
TheStorm
PicklePacker said:

TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

Who was the guy that coached the bad news bears?
Buttermaker?
PicklePacker
TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

I got pulled out by coaches when it was time to go paint chalk lines on the football field
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

I got pulled out by coaches when it was time to go paint chalk lines on the football field
Hey, that was a sweet gig. I used to do stuff like that for the track team. Got me outta class early for every meet.
nryanh94
nryanh94
Looks like IU is trying to get in it late with Hayes
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Indiana has Mark Roberts on staff this year. He was at UNC Greensboro and also recently offered Carter Whitt

I would think IU will take Tennesse's spot
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Indiana has Mark Roberts on staff this year. He was at UNC Greensboro and also recently offered Carter Whitt

I would think IU will take Tennesse's spot

They haven't been relevant in awhile, but that may have the big name pull that Hayes seems to be looking for
Struttingwolf96
I don't see why Keatts is trying to get this young man, it's like he's waiting to go somewhere else & is just jerking State's chain around to get more offers. Reminds me of Jamious Griffin in football last year, attention getter
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

I don't see why Keatts is trying to get this young man, it's like he's waiting to go somewhere else & is just jerking State's chain around to get more offers. Reminds me of Jamious Griffin in football last year, attention getter

Completely different imo; Hayes isn't on social media flaunting every offer, every graphic, every visit he gets, etc. Griffin was. I've just gotten the feeling Hayes wants to play for a big name school, and if he does there's nothing wrong with that; I think he has interest in state because of how hard Keatts has worked but also think he wants to make sure there aren't better options for him.
PicklePacker
twitter saying Tennessee cancelled the Cam Hayes visit not the other way around.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

twitter saying Tennessee cancelled the Cam Hayes visit not the other way around.
Heard the same yesterday. Tennessee wanted Hayes in 2021
pack1502
Struttingwolf96 said:

Idk why we have this impression he isn't interested in State. He just used his first OV to visit us and he reclassed to the class state wanted him to. God forbid the young man wants to explore other options.
PicklePacker
I think, in the end, Hayes is gonna feel most comfortable with NC State. I think we get him, the Langford kid and we'll likely just miss on Hall. As of right now I think Hall goes to Louisville.
ClePack
Struttingwolf96 said:

At least Jamious committed to us for a bit
First Page Last Page
Page 213 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.