Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,161 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lousiville and Maryland making a potential push for Cam Hayes. Reclass seems likely, IMO to 2020
Engineer97
tripchuck said:

Has anyone heard whether staff is giving recruits opinions on the severity of our punishment? We would hear Roy told recruits at the time there would be no punishment and he was right.
Wouldn't he have said that anyway?
tripchuck
Engineer97 said:

tripchuck said:

Has anyone heard whether staff is giving recruits opinions on the severity of our punishment? We would hear Roy told recruits at the time there would be no punishment and he was right.
Wouldn't he have said that anyway?
I don't think we were hearing that until much later in the process when he must have had a better feel for what the outcome would be. Probably too soon here.
Engineer97
This is Roy Williams and UNC. They'll say anything, anytime to anyone.
PicklePacker
just based on social media activity I get the feeling we've lost some ground on Cam Thomas. Anyone with any insight on this?
nryanh94
PicklePacker said:

just based on social media activity I get the feeling we've lost some ground on Cam Thomas. Anyone with any insight on this?

What do you see on social media? I don't see him really post anything
Dunlow66
Gville losing a good one but he had nothing left to prove there

[url=https://twitter.com/highschoolot][/url]
HighSchoolOT.com
@highschoolot

2m
Just In: UNC recruit, 5-star C Day'Ron Sharpe to transfer to Montverde Academy (FL)
PackAlpha91
*Winterville (My hometown). South Central alum!
Dunlow66
PackAlpha91 said:

Greenville sprawl has pretty much claimed Winterville.
PackAlpha91
TAKE THAT BACK
Dunlow66
PackAlpha91 said:

TAKE THAT BACK
as soon as yall burn down that crappy Sam Jones Que joint.

B's or go home.
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

PackAlpha91 said:

Greenville sprawl has pretty much claimed Winterville.
LOL. Seems like you are inside G'Vegas for ten (10) minutes or so before you look to the left and think "what's that?" as you gaze directly at Pitt Community College... there is no Winterville anymore.
ScoobyWolf

Georgetown
nryanh94
I know Georgetown has been in the lead with him for awhile but a little surprised he pulled the trigger. But man our recruiting is kinda dead in the water; it seems like we're recruiting at the level of Clemson/GT; which is a little alarming to me. Hopefully s good season turns it around.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

I know Georgetown has been in the lead with him for awhile but a little surprised he pulled the trigger. But man our recruiting is kinda dead in the water; it seems like we're recruiting at the level of Clemson/GT; which is a little alarming to me. Hopefully s good season turns it around.
He has been pretty much a silent commit for Gtown for a while now. Just made it official.

As for the GaTech Clemson recruiting.....agree but I do feel we have a better coach than those two have.
PackAlpha91
Now that we agree on
TheEagle
W's will determine how good KK is. I like him, but we have yet to sign a highly sought after recruit.
duran_duran
TheEagle said:

W's will determine how good KK is. I like him, but we have yet to sign a highly sought after recruit.
Well we did, but he decided to go pro.

What worries me is potentially losing out on the 2020 guys who we were in good shape with because of the NCAA allegations.
WolfpackSI
TheEagle said:

You don't need the highly sought after recruits to win. Lots of programs are getting A-level results with B-level recuits. The recruits will come with winning. Look at UVa
Dunlow66
duran_duran said:

TheEagle said:

What worries me is potentially losing out on the 2020 guys who we were in good shape with because of the NCAA allegations.
exactly. Cant blame Keatts for the mistakes of the past. He is recruiting at a disadvantage no matter what anyone wants to think.

Still, I think he is the man to get it done with lower level recruits, JUCOs and transfers until this all plays out. He is very good at cobbling together a team and getting more than the sum of the parts.
wolf01
Dunlow66 said:

duran_duran said:

TheEagle said:

exactly. Cant blame Keatts for the mistakes of the past. He is recruiting at a disadvantage no matter what anyone wants to think.

Still, I think he is the man to get it done with lower level recruits, JUCOs and transfers until this all plays out. He is very good at cobbling together a team and getting more than the sum of the parts.
Exactly, let the guy patch together what he can until things clear up. He's remarkably good at that. Hopefully in 90 days once we've answered the NOA we'll have a clearer picture to sell to recruits. Unfortunately, that may mean we miss on the 2020 cycle, but that's not Keatts fault.
WolfPacker54
WolfpackSI said:

TheEagle said:

You don't need the highly sought after recruits to win. Lots of programs are getting A-level results with B-level recuits. The recruits will come with winning. Look at UVa

UVA currently has the #1 ranked recruiting class for 2020. Pretty sure their players are mostly top-100 recruits.
nryanh94

Don't think we gained much traction here
HungryWolf92
WolfPacker54 said:

WolfpackSI said:

TheEagle said:

UVA currently has the #1 ranked recruiting class for 2020. Pretty sure their players are mostly top-100 recruits.

I think he meant look at uva, as in the recruits are coming after the wins since they just won a natty.
Packfan8
nryanh94

New offer for 2020. Kid looks like he's got some upside
PackGM
HungryWolf92 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

WolfpackSI said:

TheEagle said:

I think he meant look at uva, as in the recruits are coming after the wins since they just won a natty.
Jerome and Guy were both top 50 recruits and Hunter was ranked in the top 100 by all recruiting services, so they were all certainly highly sought after guys. A national championship will undoubtedly help any schools recruiting efforts though
Bulldogwolf27
nryanh94 said:

Coach likes for his centers to be dunking machines. I think we will see a lot of these types moving forward. That cacok type of center. I'm looking forward to it.
Packfan8
Jaywolf27 said:

nryanh94 said:

Coach likes for his centers to be dunking machines. I think we will see a lot of these types moving forward. That cacok type of center. I'm looking forward to it.

Man I would love to have a guy like cacok for Keatts at state. Not just his dunking ability but his hustle was outstanding at uncw.
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Jaywolf27 said:

nryanh94 said:

Man I would love to have a guy like cacok for Keatts at state. Not just his dunking ability but his hustle was outstanding at uncw.

Think we already have than in Manny
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Jaywolf27 said:

nryanh94 said:

Think we already have than in Manny

I hope so. I hope he is ready for acc basketball because I can't wait to see his ability to block shots
Dunlow66
Cam Hayes recruitment heating up....would be shocked if he doesnt reclass to 2020.
Dunlow66
Jake
@jakeweingarten

2h
Significant update for 2021 class. Top-35 guard Cam Hayes has scheduled three official visits, a source told
@Stockrisers

NC State: Sept. 6-8
Tennessee: Sept. 13-15
Florida State: Sept. 27-29

'Very strong possibility he reclassifies to 2020'
Dunlow66
Jody Demling
@jdemling

Jul 28
STORY: Greensboro, N.C., point guard Cam Hayes will make an unofficial visit to Louisville on Saturday. Elite '21 PG that could reclassify into the '20 class.
Dunlow66
Scott Greene
@TerrapinNation

17h
The #Terps are getting a visit from a 2021 four-star PG next month ranked in the top 20 in his class who could reclassify back to 2020
First Page Last Page
Page 190 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.