Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,337 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan8 said:

Shakeel Moore is on campus today, I'm guessing for an unofficial visit. Maybe he earns an offer
I like the way you think........
Dunlow66
Also remember, Moore is a natural member of the 2019 class. Could move back into it.
Dunlow66
Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops
FollowingFollowing @Phenom_Hoops
More

6'0 '21 Breon Pass- The young, all-around point guard should certainly be regarded as one of the top prospects in his class within the state. He's shown flashes of dominance on both sides of the ball here at camp. #PhenomCarolinaShowcase
Read:

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/player-standouts-at-phenoms-carolina-high-school-showcase/

6'0 '21 Breon Pass- The young, all-around point guard should certainly be regarded as one of the top prospects in his class within the state. He's shown flashes of dominance on both sides of the ball here at camp. Pass sees the floor tremendously well and simply has a unique smoothness about his game. He has a phenomenal offensive repertoire and knows how to make his supporting cast better. Pass has no real weaknesses and should continue being recruited at the highest level.
Struttingwolf96
Maybe a fall back plan for Keatts if Seabron doesn't qualify.
PackAlpha91
Really like Moore's game
Struttingwolf96
I would take any of these 12 guys State has offered for the 4 spots left. Keatts & the staff has picked up their efforts & are recruiting pretty hard it looks like to me, especially HS kids.
-Cam Thomas
-Josh Hall
-Nick Farrar
-Jaden Seymour
-Dain Dainja
-Zack Loveday
-Henry Coleman
-Cam'Ron Fletcher
-Cameron Hayes(?)
-Jalen Bridges
-Carter Whitt(?)
-Mark Williams
wufpack7
Dunlow66 said:

Also remember, Moore is a natural member of the 2019 class. Could move back into it.
At this late date, does that mean that he is graduating and planning to go to prep school, or would he have to finish up in summer school to move to 2019?
Dunlow66
wufpack7 said:

Dunlow66 said:

At this late date, does that mean that he is graduating and planning to go to prep school, or would he have to finish up in summer school to move to 2019?
No idea but I do know Va Tech was recruiting him for either 2020 or 2019 before landing Jalen Cone.
nryanh94
Found it interesting Moore received a NBA 100 invite and Josh Hall didn't
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Found it interesting Moore received a NBA 100 invite and Josh Hall didn't

Apparently hall did this weekend
duran_duran
Struttingwolf96 said:

I would take any of these 12 guys State has offered for the 4 spots left. Keatts & the staff has picked up their efforts & are recruiting pretty hard it looks like to me, especially HS kids.
-Cam Thomas
-Josh Hall
-Nick Farrar
-Jaden Seymour
-Dain Dainja
-Zack Loveday
-Henry Coleman
-Cam'Ron Fletcher
-Cameron Hayes(?)
-Jalen Bridges
-Carter Whitt(?)
-Mark Williams

We haven't offered Farrar yet, but I agree. Four from that group would be one of our best classes in a while.
Dunlow66
duran_duran said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

-Cam Thomas
-Josh Hall
-Nick Farrar
-Jaden Seymour
-Dain Dainja
-Zack Loveday
-Henry Coleman
-Cam'Ron Fletcher
-Cameron Hayes(?)
-Jalen Bridges
-Carter Whitt(?)
-Mark Williams

We haven't offered Farrar yet, but I agree. Four from that group would be one of our best classes in a while.
I think you can cut that list to about 6 that we really have a shot at landing.
Struttingwolf96
Which 6 do you think?
HungryWolf92
Dunlow66 said:

duran_duran said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

-Cam Thomas
-Josh Hall
-Nick Farrar
-Jaden Seymour
-Dain Dainja
-Zack Loveday
-Henry Coleman
-Cam'Ron Fletcher
-Cameron Hayes(?)
-Jalen Bridges
-Carter Whitt(?)
-Mark Williams

I think you can cut that list to about 6 that we really have a shot at landing.

I'll take a stab.
-Cam Thomas
-Josh Hall
-Nick Farrar
-Henry Coleman
-Cameron Hayes(?)
-Carter Whitt(?)
Packfan8
Well josh hall is now a 5 star according to rivals...
At this point I say we start turning our focus to someone else. His father said that he wants to be a one and done and also said that he has the option to go to the nba after his prep year
cmball3
So we no longer want 5 star players? This seems pretty foolish to me. If you get out of recruiting elite players because you had one go pro or somewhere else before you got to coach them, then you are too soft to coach college basketball at a high level and should go now. Fortunately, I don't think Keatts has the mentality of a loser.
Packfan8
cmball3 said:

So we no longer want 5 star players? This seems pretty foolish to me. If you get out of recruiting elite players because you had one go pro or somewhere else before you got to coach them, then you are too soft to coach college basketball at a high level and should go now. Fortunately, I don't think Keatts has the mentality of a loser.

No we obviously do but we don't want 5 stars who are eligible to go to the draft and want to go to the draft immediately
cmball3
Every player wants to go to the draft immediately though. Hell, when I played high school basketball in bum*****Virginia, I wanted to go to the draft (no chance in hell was that happening). Lecque went because he has NBA level athleticism and that's why teams are likely willing to take a chance on him without seeing much out of him to date. Hall looks great from videos, but he's gotta fill out quite a bit to realistically get drafted out of high school.
nryanh94
cmball3 said:

Every player wants to go to the draft immediately though. Hell, when I played high school basketball in bum*****Virginia, I wanted to go to the draft (no chance in hell was that happening). Lecque went because he has NBA level athleticism and that's why teams are likely willing to take a chance on him without seeing much out of him to date. Hall looks great from videos, but he's gotta fill out quite a bit to realistically get drafted out of high school.

Hall is pretty much the exact size as brandon Ingram when he went into the league, and I think to be a very similar player
cmball3
And Ingram showcased for a year at Duke. He wouldn't have been anywhere close to where he was drafted just out of high school.
nryanh94
cmball3 said:

And Ingram showcased for a year at Duke. He wouldn't have been anywhere close to where he was drafted just out of high school.

He likley would've still been a top 10 pick in that 2015 draft, I agree in that I think Hall needs a year of college but if his desire is the same as Lecques then he should just go.
cmball3
I don't know if the NBA is taking a flyer on a slight kid out of high school without seeing him against bigger competition like BI did. Only one that's doing well with that frame is KD. I'm totally ok with a kid going if they want to go. Hearing you'll be a second round pick or undrafted when you won't have to completely fix your shot (like Lecque) in a season at college, but rather show that you can handle the grind and play bigger than you are seems like a no-brainer to me.

My point is, you don't stop recruiting players that want to go pro just because they want to go pro because then we just stop recruiting quality players. The difficult part is finding the guys that think they can be a pro now or soon that are also willing to learn and work on getting better. We (generalized) boost up too many of these kids as superstars when in the big scheme even one of our greatest players since Skywalker, DJS, has a long way to go to even be in the nba all-star conversation.
Packfan8
cmball3 said:

I don't know if the NBA is taking a flyer on a slight kid out of high school without seeing him against bigger competition like BI did. Only one that's doing well with that frame is KD. I'm totally ok with a kid going if they want to go. Hearing you'll be a second round pick or undrafted when you won't have to completely fix your shot (like Lecque) in a season at college, but rather show that you can handle the grind and play bigger than you are seems like a no-brainer to me.

My point is, you don't stop recruiting players that want to go pro just because they want to go pro because then we just stop recruiting quality players. The difficult part is finding the guys that think they can be a pro now or soon that are also willing to learn and work on getting better. We (generalized) boost up too many of these kids as superstars when in the big scheme even one of our greatest players since Skywalker, DJS, has a long way to go to even be in the nba all-star conversation.

I would still recruit hall if I were a coach but I wouldn't invest as much time and energy like the staff did for lecque last summer.
Law of the Wolf
Packfan8 said:

cmball3 said:

I would still recruit hall if I were a coach but I wouldn't invest as much time and energy like the staff did for lecque last summer.

It won't be long before all high school kids will be eligible to go straight to the NBA. Every 5 Star will believe he is good enough and some 4 stars too. Do you quit recruiting 5 star kids and focus on 3 and 4 star kids because there is a chance the 5 star kid might go pro? We got burned by Lecque and I wish we had the old days when even DT stayed four years. But it is not happening. Recruiting will have to adjust to the times.

ClePack
Packfan8 said:

Well josh hall is now a 5 star according to rivals...
At this point I say we start turning our focus to someone else. His father said that he wants to be a one and done and also said that he has the option to go to the nba after his prep year
Sounds Lecque-ish
Packfan8
If seabron fails to qualify will the staff definitely pursue Moore in 2019?
duran_duran
Packfan8 said:

If seabron fails to qualify will the staff definitely pursue Moore in 2019?
Definitely seems like it, kind of a no-brainer for both sides
pack1502
Is Moore a better prospect than seabron?
Packfan8
pack1502 said:

Not according to the rankings but the ideal situation would be to get seabron qualified and then take Moore (or any of the other pgs in 2020)
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

pack1502 said:

Not according to the rankings but the ideal situation would be to get seabron qualified and then take Moore (or any of the other pgs in 2020)

I think another situation that would work out nicely for us is if Seabron goes to JUCO for a year and gets heavy PT. We stay on him for a year and get him to come to State. You take Shakeel now to learn the system under MJ.

Either way, you risk the chance of one of these dudes blowing up and getting attention from bigger schools.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

pack1502 said:

I think another situation that would work out nicely for us is if Seabron goes to JUCO for a year and gets heavy PT. We stay on him for a year and get him to come to State. You take Shakeel now to learn the system under MJ.

Either way, you risk the chance of one of these dudes blowing up and getting attention from bigger schools.
Once you go JUCO as a 'non qualifier'..you must graduate from JUCO to be eligible for NC State.

Atticus Taylor did it in one calander year but that isnt the norm by any means.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

pack1502 said:

Once you go JUCO as a 'non qualifier'..you must graduate from JUCO to be eligible for NC State.

Atticus Taylor did it in one calander year but that isnt the norm by any means.

Oh shoot, i thought you could go for one year and just lose a year of eligibility. Thanks for clarifying, Dun.
Willies1
Wilson to Kansas
ClePack
Willies1 said:

Wilson to Kansas
Expected that. Thought for a second Michigan would lure him back
Dunlow66
Coach Brian Clifton @HolyRamsVrsty 21m21 minutes ago
More

The HoopState being represented by 5 players at @Top100Camp :

Cam Hayes - Greensboro Day
Shakeel Moore - Piedmont Classical
Tristan Maxwell - North Meck
MJ Rice - Durham Academy
Dayron Sharpe - South Central
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.