Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,122 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Many media members will still probably vote Memphis as a top 15ish team but without getting Tucker in the mix I think it will be hard for that young team
TheStorm
Packfan8 said:

Many media members will still probably vote Memphis as a top 15ish team but without getting Tucker in the mix I think it will be hard for that young team
I'm looking forward to watching them implode.
sf59
How many times was Tucker in and out of the draft, seems like it changed a lot.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
Packfan8
I'm glad this early entry period is over. Now we have a better understanding at what our roster should look like unless someone unexpectedly leaves. Also we can now focus on just 2020
Dunlow66
sf59 said:

How many times was Tucker in and out of the draft, seems like it changed a lot.
Not sure what you mean.

He was always a risk to go early. Some rumors he had academic issues.
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

I'm looking forward to watching them implode.
Mempis is taking typical UK and Duke recruits.

I hope they keep doing so.
WolvesWinNow
Can't wait for all the UNC and Duke fans to tell everyone how Memphis is a renegade program that pays players and they don't have to go to class. Because that has never ever happened at UNC or Duke.
Dunlow66
Adam AceWolf Miller @AceWolf44 17h17 hours ago
More

Blessed to have received an offer from NC State and Coach Keatts #GoPack @PackMensBball

Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

More

Blessed to have received an offer from NC State and Coach Keatts #GoPack @PackMensBball

I remember going through the Illinois boards months ago when they were in on Christian brown and this kids name kept coming up. I think that he had the option to reclassify in 2019 if he wanted but I'm not 100% sure
wolfpackjb
Dunlow66 said:

More

His twitter handle is AceWolf...I now assume we get him.
tripchuck
And David Thompson's #44!
Packfan8

Wow
Packfan8
Any names popping up for the dobo position. Maybe Sam Hunt moves into that position. He might need to work his way up a little more but he did serve as a grad assistant this past year. He's also friends with Cam Hayes so it couldn't hurt to have him in that position
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Any names popping up for the dobo position. Maybe Sam Hunt moves into that position. He might need to work his way up a little more but he did serve as a grad assistant this past year. He's also friends with Cam Hayes so it couldn't hurt to have him in that position
That is the only name I have seen speculated for the position.

Hunt would be a nice addition. Should have a few 'in state' connections that might help later on. His father was a coach and helped run a AAU team.
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

That's a name I brought up when it first came open and was told by a few he "didn't have the experience needed"
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

That's a name I brought up when it first came open and was told by a few he "didn't have the experience needed"
I thought DOBO was the job you took to get experience.

Does he have to be the Video guy or Director of Player Personell first or something to get the job?
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Does he have to be the Video guy or Director of Player Personell first or something to get the job?

Yeah that was my thought process as well
Bulldogwolf27
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

One of my buddies growing up Sean is the dobo at SMU. He was a team manager at Carolina and was a video coordinator before moving up. So I know that is the normal way things work. But Keatts has proved he is willing to work outside of the box.
WolfpackSI
DoBOs can't recruit, right?
PackDaddy
I'm good with Sam Hunt taking the job.
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

DoBOs can't recruit, right?

Not like hands on recruiting but they definitely do help by setting up visits and I'm sure they do when the player is on their visit
PicklePacker
FWIW I heard that State has really ramped up their recruiting efforts on Josh Hall. I'm not sure we aren't the slight favorites at this stage. Long way to go tho.
IseWolf22
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Video guy analyzes games and opponents and chops up the relevant plays for film sessions right? Is that a good summary of their responsibilities?
TheStorm
Jaywolf27 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

One of my buddies growing up Sean is the dobo at SMU. He was a team manager at Carolina and was a video coordinator before moving up. So I know that is the normal way things work. But Keatts has proved he is willing to work outside of the box.
Team Manager and Video Coordinator at Carolina usually have more responsibilities than what you've conveniently limited to... Buddy or not. (And yes, both you - and your buddy - know what I'm talking about... there is documented evidence out there as a matter of fact) When you are ready to openly discuss, let's hear it. Thanks!
FergusWolf
I assume that now that all of the draft upheaval is over, we now feel pretty confident what our 2019 lineup will look like and the coaches are focusing on 2020, 2021, etc...

Who are our top 4 "wants" for each of those (2020, 2021) classes? No sense in guessing right now how many slots we will have available.

Thanks
nryanh94
FergusWolf said:

I assume that now that all of the draft upheaval is over, we now feel pretty confident what our 2019 lineup will look like and the coaches are focusing on 2020, 2021, etc...

Who are our top 4 "wants" for each of those (2020, 2021) classes? No sense in guessing right now how many slots we will have available.

Thanks

2020:
Cam Thomas
Mark Williams
Henry Coleman
Josh Hall
wufpack7
I am fairly positive we will take a PG. Next year, the only guys who can return who potentially play PG will be Beverly and Harris, and they will both be seniors. There's a reason we wanted to take Jalen Cone this year.
metcalfmafia
wufpack7 said:

I am fairly positive we will take a PG. Next year, the only guys who can return who potentially play PG will be Beverly and Harris, and they will both be seniors. There's a reason we wanted to take Jalen Cone this year.
We probably try and get Cam Hayes to reclass.
nryanh94
wufpack7 said:

We will, but he asked for 4 most wanted
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

wufpack7 said:

Or Carter Whitt

Personally, I'd take Shakeel Moore and be happy to pair him with Cam Thomas.
williewolf
wufpack7 said:

will possibly have Seabron?
i agree there is likely a pg next year..............moore, whitt, etc
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

wufpack7 said:

Or Carter Whitt

Personally, I'd take Shakeel Moore and be happy to pair him with Cam Thomas.
Bring Josh Hall into the fold and call it a day for HS kids. Still have room for a Post Grad or traditional transfer.
canusrufus
Don't forget that we will have Thomas Allen at PG in 2020 as well.
But agreed that KK will be looking for more ball handlers.
twentytoe
Thomas Allen is a shooting guard if I'm not mistaken.
Da Pack since 75.
Dunlow66
twentytoe said:

Thomas Allen is a shooting guard if I'm not mistaken.
Smaller SG who can run the point at times. Maybe more of a CG.
First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.