Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,421 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Josh hall will not commit until next spring according to his dad.
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Think we unfortunately will lose him to UNC
Struttingwolf96
Believe he is unc's to loose, really hate it. He is gonna be a very good player. Such a shame, once again State finishes runner-up or further down the list.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Think we unfortunately will lose him to UNC
If he is seriously thinking 'one and done'.....good luck to him.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Believe he is unc's to loose, really hate it. He is gonna be a very good player. Such a shame, once again State finishes runner-up or further down the list.
He wants a UNC offer and if he gets it and wants to be there, that's his damn business.

It isnt a shame, it isnt coach Keatts fault for not offering ealier, it is just the way basketball recruiting works. Been this way for years.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

UNC could have Sharpe and Johnson committed by then.

Think Isaiah Todd ends up at UK
PicklePacker
Heels just invited Hall for an unofficial visit scheduled for June. However, they're also in the mix for 2019 Jalen Wilson, who just decommited from Michigan after the coach left. Wilson and Hall are very similar players. If UNC misses out on Wilson, they'll probably intensify their pursuit of Hall for 2020. Wilson is looking at Kansas and UNC. He should make a decision in the coming days.

I don't know. I know Hall wants that UNC offer but for some reason I get the feeling he won't end up going there. His pops says he's looking to be one and done, fwiw.
Struttingwolf96
U know that's what duke fans use to say years ago before Johnny Dawkins & the rest of that recruiting class came aboard with Coach K & help turn that program around. The rest of the story is history. U sound like what duke fans "back then" sounded like. So it can change & it can be done. You can't just accept it & be ok then with it. I'm a fan who expects it can be done with the right one in charge.
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

U know that's what duke fans use to say years ago before Johnny Dawkins & the rest of that recruiting class came aboard with Coach K & help turn that program around. The rest of the story is history. U sound like what duke fans "back then" sounded like. So it can change & it can be done. You can't just accept it & be ok then with it. I'm a fan who expects it can be done with the right one in charge.

It can be changed but it also takes time. I don't think year three should be the point where recruits decisions change about unc/duke vs nc state. These recruits have all grown up knowing that those schools have been for the most part much better than us. Keatts can get us to the point eventually where that changes but that change isn't happening over night
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

You sound delusional to me.

wufpack7
PicklePacker said:

His pops says he's looking to be one and done, fwiw.

Seriously? I've wanted for us to land Hall for a while now, but if this is true, no thanks. Something about guys with that mindset and NC State don't mix well.
PicklePacker
wufpack7 said:

PicklePacker said:

Seriously? I've wanted for us to land Hall for a while now, but if this is true, no thanks. Something about guys with that mindset and NC State don't mix well.
Works well for other programs. We've just had a few bad ones. Hall is a good kid. He won't be a chemistry problem. We want him, even if it's only for a season. I'd personally be shocked if he's OAD. I think dad is just being optimistic.
rwwalsh
Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

You sound delusional to me.

Basically "Keatts needs to turn us into Duke or he should be fired"
WolfPacker54
wufpack7 said:

PicklePacker said:

LMAO he really thinks he's gonna be one and done? He's not even a top 100 recruit in his class.
PicklePacker
WolfPacker54 said:

wufpack7 said:

PicklePacker said:

LMAO he really thinks he's gonna be one and done? He's not even a top 100 recruit in his class.
He'll be top 25 sooner than later. He'll get a huge jump in this next release. And does ranking even matter? Look at Lecque. #50 and he's not even messing with college. All on potential. And Hall is a legit 6-8 with guard skills.

Struttingwolf96
How is that being delusional? Never said anything about Keatts, I like him & know he needs time. You sound as if it will be the same way with top recruits in the future even if Keatts had been here for 10 years instead of just 3. Change is possible, but you have to want it & work at it, not just settle & be ok with how everything is. Strive to be better, not think oh well, unc & duke are down the road I'll just take whatever I can get & be satisfied dont rock the boat & upset the blue bloods. But how many years has it been to have a State coach bring in an all American out of HS or the top player out of NC or shoot just beat out unc or duke for a player?
Struttingwolf96
I agree.
warlords86
Struttingwolf96 said:

How is that being delusional? Never said anything about Keatts, I like him & know he needs time. You sound as if it will be the same way with top recruits in the future even if Keatts had been here for 10 years instead of just 3. Change is possible, but you have to want it & work at it, not just settle & be ok with how everything is. Strive to be better, not think oh well, unc & duke are down the road I'll just take whatever I can get & be satisfied dont rock the boat & upset the blue bloods. But how many years has it been to have a State coach bring in an all American out of HS or the top player out of NC or shoot just beat out unc or duke for a player?
When you say, "you have to want it, & work at it." who are you referring to? Certainly the coaches are not settling. As for the fans, what the hell can we do? You are *****ing and moaning about doing better as if we have a say in who gets recruited.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Coach K is arguably the greatest college coach of all time.

All we need to do is the exact same thing he did....with the Adidas issue still hanging over us(at least rumored to be).

Yes, that sounds delusional to me.

If Keatts had the record of Coach K after year two. You would be one of the loudest voices shouting for his firing.
WolfPacker54
PicklePacker said:

WolfPacker54 said:

wufpack7 said:

PicklePacker said:

He'll be top 25 sooner than later. He'll get a huge jump in this next release. And does ranking even matter? Look at Lecque. #50 and he's not even messing with college. All on potential. And Hall is a legit 6-8 with guard skills.

Lecque is #40 and was previously top 10. Recruit rankings absolutely matter, where did you get that idea from? Tell me the name of a single OAD player that was ranked below #50 in their class.
910wolf
WolfPacker54 said:

PicklePacker said:

WolfPacker54 said:

wufpack7 said:

PicklePacker said:

Lecque is #40 and was previously top 10. Recruit rankings absolutely matter, where did you get that idea from? Tell me the name of a single OAD player that was ranked below #50 in their class.
Obviously there aren't many but I do know off the top of my head Jaxson Hayes from Texas is one. Ranked #102
Dunlow66
WolfPacker54 said:

PicklePacker said:

WolfPacker54 said:

wufpack7 said:

PicklePacker said:

Hall's ranking from last year wont matter once he gets that bump....but he should really be in the class of 2019. Not sure he would move into the top 30 or so if he stayed in his natural class.

Highschool rankings are usually based on what a player 'is', NBA evaltuations are often based on what a player 'might be'

so their rankings dont matter as much as some think when it comes to the NBA.
ClePack
WolfpackSI
ClePack said:

Whatever Joe, I still believe Both Markell and Jalen are coming and Dixon will actually work as DoBO and serve as a player-coach. Whos with me?
WolfpackSI
I feel like a lot more players, their families, and their "circle" feel that they are OADs before they step foot on a college campus then we think. That should definitely not be a deterrent for recruiting a kid like Josh Hall(who very well could be a OAD). Seems like Hall wants to go to UNC regardless of who else goes there. Roy has a way of getting great talent and having them ride the bench. We see it every damn year
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

I feel like a lot more players, their families, and their "circle" feel that they are OADs before they step foot on a college campus then we think. That should definitely not be a deterrent for recruiting a kid like Josh Hall(who very well could be a OAD). Seems like Hall wants to go to UNC regardless of who else goes there. Roy has a way of getting great talent and having them ride the bench. We see it every damn year
The allure of playing for "UNC" more than it is Roy, IMO.

Networks have pushed the 'UNC is great' angle for decades and kids buy into that. Some would rather sit the bench at UNC than be part of the rotation at a different school.
Dunlow66
Phenom Hoop Videos @PhenomMixtapes
FollowFollow @PhenomMixtapes
More

NEW Henry Coleman & JT Thor ON THE SAME TEAM?! Make it Look Easy at Southern Jam

WATCH
ClePack
FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

Jerry Meyer, One of the lead recruiting dudes at 24/7, put a crystal ball for Cam thomas to NC State
1985 NCSU Grad
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

The allure of playing for "UNC" more than it is Roy, IMO.

Networks have pushed the 'UNC is great' angle for decades and kids buy into that. Some would rather sit the bench at UNC than be part of the rotation at a different school.

D66 is correct. It is about "Walmart U" than anything else. It began back with"cheatin Frank" and continued with one of the all-time cheaters in "Deano". Also, more than the HC, they have had the top assistant stay forever like "Coach Gut" for Deano an"Stevo" for "Roy the Boy toy". The funny thing is that Gut was the key to UNC as he was the teacher like Steve. 30 and 17 years as the right hand man. Doherty was even able to recruit. His problem was not doing it the "UNC way" and he was alienated by all the UNC people. The big boost that took it to the next level was Nike with Dean and Jordan. Then the cheating was untouchable. The money exchanges are legendary and the academic cheating was finally exposed...but the Dean era was untouchable and this gave the Frank McGuire era a free pass due to the Dean era. Dean learned his craft from Frank and passed it on to his guys like Roy. But the "BRAND" of UNC is the draw not great coaches. Cheating was rampant there and it still is.

Now back to recruiting - let the staff do their thing. Keatts does need to step it up in getting a little better talent. No reason not to. We are fine but must go to the next level soon. Keep up the good work gents. We are in this together and need to stay positive. Remember - "it is not what you say but how you say it" - it can make all the difference in the world.
Packfan8
Curtis Jones has announced he is transferring from Oklahoma state. He should be a grad transfer. Maybe he's a backup option if things go sideways in the next few weeks
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Curtis Jones has announced he is transferring from Oklahoma state. He should be a grad transfer. Maybe he's a backup option if things go sideways in the next few weeks
I hope not.

Jones is a SG who cant shoot.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I hope not.

Those are the best kind
state95
WolfPacker54 said:

PicklePacker said:

WolfPacker54 said:

wufpack7 said:

PicklePacker said:

Ted Kapita
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I hope not.

Ahhhh I see. I just saw the tweet that said he was a 6'4'' guard from a power 5. Oh well I don't think we will need any other additions hopefully
wolfpackfan00
Markell just announced on Instagram that he is returning for his senior year.
First Page Last Page
Page 173 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.