Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,197,872 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
MarOdoxPhoenician7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ZION WILLIAMSON IS RETURNING TO DUKE
ClePack
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

April fools?
Packfan8
I've heard a rumor that lecque will not participate in 5 on 5 at the combine. This could send a sign to gms that he's afraid to get exposed. It's probably in his best interest to play 5 on 5
nryanh94
ClePack said:

MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

April fools?

PicklePacker
Packfan8 said:

I've heard a rumor that lecque will not participate in 5 on 5 at the combine. This could send a sign to gms that he's afraid to get exposed. It's probably in his best interest to play 5 on 5

IMO it sends the signal that he's definitely staying in the draft.
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Will actually be better for him to not play and just get drafted off his athletic results. That's what's Simons did last year
PackAlpha91
Simmons had a decent jump shot already.
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

a lot of times when guys do this it's because they already have a promise from a team to be drafted
nryanh94
PackAlpha91 said:

Yup, and still chose not to play in the 5 on 5. Because he would've been exposed because of his lack of strength. So he was drafted off potential
Dunlow66
PackAlpha91 said:

Nobody expects Lecque to have a jump shot. They already know he needs a lot of work. Simmons doesnt have Lecque's elite athleticism either.

I dont think anyone expects Lecque to be taken in the first round like Simmons was.
Packfan8
Packfan8 said:

Should've probably looked up more info before posting because this differs from what I said. I agree with what you guys are saying but regardless either way it seems like he's gone to the nba
Wywolf
Chris Clarke (VA Tech) grad transfer to Texas Tech. Chris Beard will have another good team in Lubbock next season.
Dunlow66
Corey EvansVerified account @coreyevans_10 13m13 minutes ago
More

Virginia just offered top-50 junior Jabri Abdur-Rahim
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

More

Good news for us on Coleman?
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

Best news for us with Coleman would be the Hauser bros committing to UVA/
Dunlow66
Also starting to see a few rumors that the Hausers may split up.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

They won't have many scholarships for 2020 available if this is the case and they already have the commitment from mccorkle
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

They won't have many scholarships for 2020 available if this is the case and they already have the commitment from mccorkle
I don't think McCorkle has progressed as much as people thought he would.
PicklePacker
Looking more and more like we just may get lucky and not have to deal with UNC in the recruitment of Cam Hayes, Cam Thomas and Josh Hall. Latest scoop I heard was that the Heels weren't communicating at all with Cam Thomas and and were showing only modest interest in Hall and Hayes. I hope like hell Hayes reclassifies and we can get all 3 for 2020. I think if UNC offered either Hall or Hayes, they'd probably be tough to beat. If they don't, I think we've got the inside track on Hall as his dad told me "ideally" he wants Josh in the ACC & close to home. And lets be honest, he'd be perfect in Keatts system. I think we're in good shape with Thomas and Hayes too. We just need Thomas to go ahead and commit to get the ball rolling.
Struttingwolf96
2021 NC SF Dontrez Styles, any chance Keatts offers this young man? Have been reading where he is playing very well & is gonna be good.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

2021 NC SF Dontrez Styles, any chance Keatts offers this young man? Have been reading where he is playing very well & is gonna be good.

It's almost pointless for state to offer kids out of Kiston at this point
PicklePacker
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Yep.
duran_duran
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Why is that?
nryanh94
duran_duran said:

nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Why is that?

It's a chapel hill pipeline
Packfan8
duran_duran said:

nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Why is that?

I'm assuming because of all the connections elsewhere. With unc and duke I think most kids would rather go there than to us and now with stackhouse at Vanderbilt they might start getting some kinston kids as well
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

Looking more and more like we just may get lucky and not have to deal with UNC in the recruitment of Cam Hayes, Cam Thomas and Josh Hall. Latest scoop I heard was that the Heels weren't communicating at all with Cam Thomas and and were showing only modest interest in Hall and Hayes. I hope like hell Hayes reclassifies and we can get all 3 for 2020. I think if UNC offered either Hall or Hayes, they'd probably be tough to beat. If they don't, I think we've got the inside track on Hall as his dad told me "ideally" he wants Josh in the ACC & close to home. And lets be honest, he'd be perfect in Keatts system. I think we're in good shape with Thomas and Hayes too. We just need Thomas to go ahead and commit to get the ball rolling.
I'm not as impressed with Hayes as some are.
PicklePacker
Dunlow66 said:

PicklePacker said:

I'm not as impressed with Hayes as some are.
You and Roy.
duran_duran
nryanh94 said:

duran_duran said:

nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Why is that?

It's a chapel hill pipeline
Ah gotcha
Packfan8
Turns out that lecque is only 6'2.5'' not 6'4'' . But his wingspan is longer than I thought
Struttingwolf96
Who would you prefer State sign to play PF Hayes or Whitt?
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

Who would you prefer State sign to play PF Hayes or Whitt?
If either of them are playing PF we're ****ed
Packfan8
Lecque had 4 points 4 reb 4 assists and 5 turnovers in his first game I didn't watch it but those stats aren't the greatest especially since he needs to show the ability to be a playmaker
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Lecque has 4 points 4 rev 4 assists in 5 turnovers in his first game I didn't watch it but those stats aren't the greatest especially since he needs to show the ability to be a playmaker

This along with his 6"8 wingspan are enough to get him drafted
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Lecque has 4 points 4 rev 4 assists in 5 turnovers in his first game I didn't watch it but those stats aren't the greatest especially since he needs to show the ability to be a playmaker

This along with his 6"8 wingspan are enough to get him drafted
I agree with you but I just don't think he'll be a first round selection like he was hoping. I wish him the best in the future and hope he does well in the nba.
WolfpackSI
Man, Everything about Jalen says that he needs one year in college to turn himself into a lottery pick. How the hell does him and his team not see that??
First Page Last Page
Page 169 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.