Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,633 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheWhiteWolf said:

Would Keldon Johnson be able to run the point? Potential more mins
I dont think so. I see him as an elite level wing who needs to be in 'attack the lane' mode to be most effective. He has to look for his offense to be his best. He can run some 'pick and roll' action as a ballhandler, just dont think he is close to being a PG right now. He can rebound and start the break, very athletic in the open court and tough to stop once he gets his momentum toward the rim on the break.

still some rumors that UK could pull him without an OV, but that comes from UK people.
Glasswolf
This a popular thread Dunlow lol
Bulldogwolf27
My favorite topic on the site. I can research twitter all day and dun still had the hot news on hoops prospects
Dunlow66
Justin Byerly @JustinByerly 20h20 hours ago
More

NC State will be in Tuesday to see 2019's Joey Baker, Greg Gantt and Au'Diese Toney of Trinity Christian NC

2021 Dontrez Styles is taking unofficial visit to NC State this weekend
Dunlow66
Team Loaded AAU @teamloadedaau 10h10 hours ago
More
6'10 David McCormack 18' will be on his offical visit to Xavier this weekend.
Dunlow66
Few rumors floating that Keldon Johnson's family may not want him too far from home.......
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Few rumors floating that Keldon Johnson's family may not want him too far from home.......
and still hearing we are a legit contender.....for those wondering.
Dunlow66
Also heard that David Mccormack is not close to deciding yet. That he is still in the process and isnt ready to commit anywhere.
metcalfmafia
Does he have a top 5?
pack1502
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

and still hearing we are a legit contender.....for those wondering.

He had a good time on his unofficial hope we lock him up this weekend
Bulldogwolf27
Dun,

Do you think landing Keldon or David would help us land both of them?
I'm so hype about this weekend.
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

Dun,

Do you think landing Keldon or David would help us land both of them?
I'm so hype about this weekend.
I definitely think it would help if one committed. Both are uphill battles right now. Personally, I think we are in a much better position with Big Dave. I could see Keldon Johnson at Maryland or Texas even if he decides to pass on UK.
Dunlow66
'Open' recruiting period begins today and runs through Nov 5th.

Expect to see coaches on the road and doing 'in home' visits. Things should heat up a lot over the next two months
Dunlow66
Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 29s30 seconds ago
More
Armando Bacot & Wendell Moore, two top-30 2019 prospects, joining top-five 2018 wing Nassir Little today at UNC

Two kids we have offered in '19. Some think Bacot will move to the '18 class.
Dunlow66
Shun Williams @OntheRadarHoops Sep 6
More

AOT @AOTBasketball teammates Isaac Okoro @isaacokoro303 Sharife Cooper @CooperSharife & Brandon Suggs will visit NC State Saturday

Shun Williams @OntheRadarHoops Sep 6
More

AOT @AOTBasketball teammates Jared Jones @osceola83 & Babatunde Akingbola @stretch4bball will visit NC State this weekend
Bulldogwolf27
Coach keatts and staff are the working double time this weekend. It's great to see them recruit at such a high level so soon. I knew c2k could go and get recruits, but I'm glad to see the other coaches show why c2k has so much faith in them.
WolfpackSI
All the recruits are awesome but...do you guys think it works in our favor to have so many recruits around? Isn't it a bit counterproductive because you aren't giving each individual recruit enough individual attention?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

All the recruits are awesome but...do you guys think it works in our favor to have so many recruits around? Isn't it a bit counterproductive because you aren't giving each individual recruit enough individual attention?
The younger guys dont get the same attention as the kids on OVs. These tiypes of unofficial visits happen quite often with larger groups of rishing freshmen/sophs. Nothing really out of the ordinary to have a large group on hand for the first home football game of the season.
Dunlow66
Jennifer Bullard @jenHbullard Sep 8
More

@MannyBates dinner in Raleigh at the Capital Grille. Saw Manny Bates with the NCSU coach.

Dunlow66
Mat Shelton-Eide @MatSheltonEide Sep 4
More
Statistically one of the most impressive players I've seen this summer is Team Felton big, Manny Bates.
wolfpackfan00
https://instagr.am/p/BY3g5kzHW_I

David McCormack with Xavier coaches
Dunlow66
Holly Springs BBall @HSHSMensBball 23h23 hours ago
More

PG '20 @melliott2020 & 6'10 '19 @kcshedrick attending @PackFootball while on unofficial w/@PackMensBball #HawkPride
NatePait94
wolfpackfan00 said:

https://instagr.am/p/BY3g5kzHW_I

David McCormack with Xavier coaches

Nice smile.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
Evan DanielsVerified account @EvanDaniels 10m10 minutes ago
More

Ayo Dosunmu (http://www.scout.com/Player/Ayo-Dosunmu-92555 ) has scheduled 4 in-home visits:

Illinois - Today
Wake Forest- 9/12
Xavier- 9/13
Memphis- 9/18
WolfpackSI
How did the visits go? Was kind of hoping for a surprise commitment though I knew it was unlikely lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

How did the visits go? Was kind of hoping for a surprise commitment though I knew it was unlikely lol
Bates visit went really well from what i understand. Think he wants to take the others he has scheduled at this time. Stil think we lead with Manny. Not much on Keldon Johnson's visit so far.
Dunlow66
Calipari visiting Keldon Johnson today.

Shaka and Coach Keatts also expected
Dunlow66
also Coach Keatts will visit with David McCormack
Dunlow66
Kentucky is making a really strong run at recently reclassified RJ Barrett(UK or Duke) That could push Keldon Johnson elsewhere. Just something to consider.
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

Kentucky is making a really strong run at recently reclassified RJ Barrett(UK or Duke) That could push Keldon Johnson elsewhere. Just something to consider.

Keldon is a great player, but RJ is a monster. He put Canada's U-18 team on his back to win the gold medal this summer . Maybe that works in our favor.
NatePait94
I dont think that RJ goes to UK.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

maybe....maybe not. I have some UK guys who think he will.

Still, my thoughts are the pursuit of Barrett could put Keldon Johnson and his family off UK just a bit. Maybe nothing to it. Just something to consider.
NatePait94
Dunlow66 said:

NatePait94 said:

maybe....maybe not. I have some UK guys who think he will.

Still, my thoughts are the pursuit of Barrett could put Keldon Johnson and his family off UK just a bit. Maybe nothing to it. Just something to consider.

Might the UK guys be biased?

RJ and his Canadian bretheren beat Coach Cal and the USA boys.
I would like to think that RJ gives Coach K the better shot than the coach that he may have single-handedly beat.
This is all my loosely based opinion, but I will stick with it until further notice
Dunlow66
Just trying to keep that readers updated on any possible impact on our recruits. I was told Johnson could be swayed to go elsewhere if Barrett were to commit to the Wildcats. Some think he is a 'done deal' to Duke...some dont.

WolfpackSI
I never count out Cal even when hes going up against the other big boys. Remember he straight up stole Knox from Duke/UNC just a few months back.

He has a way of changing recruits minds at the last minute...not really $$$ure how he does it...
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
First Page Last Page
Page 12 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.