Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,478 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
RowanWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

If he wants the ball......and wants to play in the ACC as a freshman......he needs to get comfortable in that jersey.

I think he would get major PT from 'Day one' at NC State. Still think we may be in a better spot here than many give us credit for. Coach Keatts knows how to recruit high level players and so does James Johnson
Looks good...and he would have every opportunity to earn at least 20 mins/game...probably more.
nryanh94
How's the McCormack visit going?
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

How's the McCormack visit going?
Good visit. No commit. More visits for Mccormack at this point. Still, I think we made progress.
ClePack
Keldon Johnson getting tons of Texas love
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

Keldon Johnson getting tons of Texas love
Just OVed, plus Shaka has been recruiting Keldon for years now(started back in the VCU days)
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow,
Is it just me or does this staff keep things more to the vest when I comes to our recruits? Or do you think it has more to do with the guys that we have targeted?
Dunlow66
Keldon Johnson now visiting this weekend.

Adam ZagoriaVerified account @AdamZagoria 4h4 hours ago
More
Keldon Johnson and Manny Bates of Oak Hill Academy will visit NC State this weekend
Pack31
Said it on the premuim BB thread , but having him here for a home FB game can't hurt. Was scheduled during an away game b4. Get some fan love
Dunlow66
Oak Hill coach Steve Smith on David Mccormack's recruitment

"He had a great visit [to Kansas]," Oak Hill Academy coach Steve Smith said on The 4 Quarters Podcast. "He went unofficial to Kansas but he's going to go back there officially. He visited N.C. State last weekend. He's visiting Xavier, Kansas and he has visits supposedly for Duke and UCLA if gets that far. I don't know if he'll go past September, he's getting kind of antsy and I think he likes a couple schools.

"He really liked N.C. State last weekend and he likes Kansas a lot. He visited Xavier the day before unofficially and then he went to Kansas. He made both those visits unofficially and he's going to take officials to both of them so they're both obviously very much in the picture and that'll be the second time he's been there."

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/09/06/david-mccormack-closing-college-decision/

NatePait94
So, based on the coach's words, we can expect a decision on McCormack by the end of this month...
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
EthanBarry
Staff
How should we feel about McCormack? Sounds promising to me
Dunlow66
wkdbigpckfan said:

OVing to Xavier doesnt concern me as much as the Kansas visit. They have others ahead of him, IMO, right now, especially Moses Brown. Also have the Lawson bros sitting as redshirts and a commit from PF De sousa.

If it comes down to us vs Kansas, I think we offer the advantge of early PT and opportunity to grow through frehsman mistakes more than a team like KU.

as I have said for a while now, I think we have a real chance here. We check a lot of boxes. Nothing concrete, just my opinion.
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

Dunlow,
Is it just me or does this staff keep things more to the vest when I comes to our recruits? Or do you think it has more to do with the guys that we have targeted?
I think the staff is still feeling out the whole process, but I agree that some streams of info have been cut down from previous years.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

OVing to Xavier doesnt concern me as much as the Kansas visit. They have others ahead of him, IMO, right now, especially Moses Brown. Also have the Lawson bros sitting as redshirts and a commit from PF De sousa.

If it comes down to us vs Kansas, I think we offer the advantge of early PT and opportunity to grow through frehsman mistakes more than a team like KU.

as I have said for a while now, I think we have a real chance here. We check a lot of boxes. Nothing concrete, just my opinion.
I really hope you are right bit the seems like he likes Kansas a lot. When it comes to Kansas(or Duke or Kentucky), playing time doesn't seem to mean much to these kids nowadays.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

I really hope you are right bit the seems like he likes Kansas a lot. When it comes to Kansas(or Duke or Kentucky), playing time doesn't seem to mean much to these kids nowadays.

+1

McCormack is fully aware that he is a 'secondary' recruit to Brown. He is aware of the De Sousa commit, and of the Lawson Bros, YET he still is strumming the drum.
IMO He is probably looking for any excuse to commit to Kansas. If it were any simpler, we would've bagged him on the OV.
Coach already said he is getting antsy and will announce by the end of the month.
C'mon guys.... surprise me
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Bulldogwolf27
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

I was listening to a college basketball podcast and they said that 5 star recruits should only commit to name brand programs if they want to be pros. And I believe a lot of kids agree with this statement. I think we can become this destination thanks to keatts and hopefully thanks to Dennis.
NatePait94
Markelle Fultz, Ben Simmons, DSJ, STB Michael Porter Jr..... and much more. Was actually reading an article today about this specifically. ESPN article.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

+1

McCormack is fully aware that he is a 'secondary' recruit to Brown. He is aware of the De Sousa commit, and of the Lawson Bros, YET he still is strumming the drum.
IMO He is probably looking for any excuse to commit to Kansas. If it were any simpler, we would've bagged him on the OV.
Coach already said he is getting antsy and will announce by the end of the month.
C'mon guys.... surprise me
If I had a chance to attend Kansas's big practice event as a rising HS senior, I would do so. Early playing time is going to factor into this one, IMO. I never bet against Kansas in recruiting guys they really want, just dont think this one is over yet.
TheWhiteWolf
Dun do you think having McCormack's recruitment potentially ending soon help us or hurt us? Would be nice to be able to show these kids what Coach can do with their talent in the ACC
1985 NCSU Grad
In the recruiting world...playing time does matter and so does PT in making it to the pros.

I mean - heck I always knew I was going to NC State - but when I was recruited I went to the other big schools just because of the visit. The feeling of being WANTED. Over the years, I have advised so many kids to take all their visits and make unofficial visits to those schools if they can afford to. Both types of visits are important, especially if the school is in a couple hour drive away....it all matters to making the FINAL decision even though you fully well know where you want to go. But it is still exciting to be WANTED and get 1st class treatment on an Official Visit.
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

Dun do you think having McCormack's recruitment potentially ending soon help us or hurt us? Would be nice to be able to show these kids what Coach can do with their talent in the ACC
I would have to say it helps, IMO.
Dunlow66
Houston Wilson @Hou_Makeplayz 1h1 hour ago
More
2021 Carson McCorkle is taking an unofficial visit to NC State this weekend,
wolfpackfan00
Jamie Lewis has reopened his recruitment
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Jamie Lewis has reopened his recruitment
nothing surprising. Not one bit.
Glasswolf
Most think this was expected
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

EthanBarry
Staff
How likely are we to get a commitment this weekend?
metcalfmafia
Would love to see us make a run at Devon Dotson.
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Would love to see us make a run at Devon Dotson.
Said for months he would end up at Kansas. Still think so with Florida having a shot. Us....not so much.
Dunlow66
wkdbigpckfan said:

How likely are we to get a commitment this weekend?
I havent heard any rumors....but Bates could be one to watch. Just my opinion. He does have other visits scheduled and may want to take them.
wolfpackfan00
Bell Tower Grey
I have some questions... I see these players wearing jerseys with the names "Felton" and "Stackhouse", etc. on them... are they directly tied to former holes players, and how much of an impact do these former holes players have in where the prospective student athlete winds up at a particular school in college?

Can't say I recall seeing a "Hodge" , "Thompson", etc. team out there.....

Seems like another way of skirting the rules...maybe not. But still.

Thanks for any input
Engineer97
CP3 is Chris Paul's team.
NatePait94
There has to be some sort of connection. Maybe the next LBJ plays on team CP3 and one day when that kid breaks out, Chris Paul can say, "Hey that kid played on my team, I 'discovered' or 'developed' him. yadayadayada."

Who truly knows the extent to which they will go.
TheWhiteWolf
Would Keldon Johnson be able to run the point? Potential more mins
Dunlow66
Just a reminder

Julius Kim @JKimElevate 3m3 minutes ago
More

2018 @TeamFeltonBBall big man Immanuel Bates will start his official visit to NC State today

ff BorzelloVerified account @jeffborzello 6m6 minutes ago
More
The highest-ranked player taking an official visit this weekend is Keldon Johnson, heading to NC State.
First Page Last Page
Page 11 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.