Avent

11,868 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by StateFan2001
MoCoWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Obviously the heat is off of Keatts, at least for a while, and Doeren has football rolling. The seat is going to start getting hot under Avent if things keep going this direction. To be honest, I am starting to tire of his schtick, and I have been and ardent Avent supporter.
matracey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
MoCoWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.
matracey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.


Omaha team started 1-9 and 0-3 in series in ACC play
MoCoWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.


Omaha team started 1-9 and 0-3 in series in ACC play
This team is not going to Omaha. At this rate, it may not make the NCAA tournament
matracey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.


Omaha team started 1-9 and 0-3 in series in ACC play
This team is not going to Omaha. At this rate, it may not make the NCAA tournament


Neither was the 2021 team after that start
MoCoWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.


Omaha team started 1-9 and 0-3 in series in ACC play
This team is not going to Omaha. At this rate, it may not make the NCAA tournament


Neither was the 2021 team after that start

Hey man, I'd love to eat crow and be wrong. But this team isn't getting it done and I don't see it turning around. It may be time for a new voice in the room.
matracey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.


Omaha team started 1-9 and 0-3 in series in ACC play
This team is not going to Omaha. At this rate, it may not make the NCAA tournament


Neither was the 2021 team after that start

Hey man, I'd love to eat crow and be wrong. But this team isn't getting it done and I don't see it turning around. It may be time for a new voice in the room.


Man we just had two of the most miraculous turnarounds in football and basketball in the same year that no saw coming either. If that doesn't get State fans to just let every season play out I don't know what will.

NC State has been to Omaha 3 times in history. Avent has 2 of those appearances 8 seasons apart with the most recent one only 3 seasons ago. He ain't going anywhere until he decides to retire.
MoCoWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.


Omaha team started 1-9 and 0-3 in series in ACC play
This team is not going to Omaha. At this rate, it may not make the NCAA tournament


Neither was the 2021 team after that start

Hey man, I'd love to eat crow and be wrong. But this team isn't getting it done and I don't see it turning around. It may be time for a new voice in the room.


Man we just had two of the most miraculous turnarounds in football and basketball in the same season that no saw coming. If that doesn't get State fans to just let every season play out I don't know what will.

NC State has been to Omaha 3 times in history. Avent has 2 of those appearances 8 seasons apart with the most recent one only 3 seasons ago. He ain't going anywhere until he decides to retire.


As my good friends Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch once said, it might be about that time.
matracey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.


Omaha team started 1-9 and 0-3 in series in ACC play
This team is not going to Omaha. At this rate, it may not make the NCAA tournament


Neither was the 2021 team after that start

Hey man, I'd love to eat crow and be wrong. But this team isn't getting it done and I don't see it turning around. It may be time for a new voice in the room.


Man we just had two of the most miraculous turnarounds in football and basketball in the same season that no saw coming. If that doesn't get State fans to just let every season play out I don't know what will.

NC State has been to Omaha 3 times in history. Avent has 2 of those appearances 8 seasons apart with the most recent one only 3 seasons ago. He ain't going anywhere until he decides to retire.


As my good friends Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch once said, it might be about that time.


Yep I would be surprised it if it was any longer than another 2-3 years before he retires but he's going out on his time that's for sure
MoCoWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.


Omaha team started 1-9 and 0-3 in series in ACC play
This team is not going to Omaha. At this rate, it may not make the NCAA tournament


Neither was the 2021 team after that start

Hey man, I'd love to eat crow and be wrong. But this team isn't getting it done and I don't see it turning around. It may be time for a new voice in the room.


Man we just had two of the most miraculous turnarounds in football and basketball in the same season that no saw coming. If that doesn't get State fans to just let every season play out I don't know what will.

NC State has been to Omaha 3 times in history. Avent has 2 of those appearances 8 seasons apart with the most recent one only 3 seasons ago. He ain't going anywhere until he decides to retire.


As my good friends Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch once said, it might be about that time.


Yep I would be surprised it if it was any longer than another 2-3 years before he retires but he's going out on his time that's for sure

With your connections, I'm sure you are aware that he and Boo are close friends. I'm not so sure he will go on his own.
ClePack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The issue is who the hell would we hire? We don't exactly have the best facilities
MoCoWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClePack said:

The issue is who the hell would we hire? We don't exactly have the best facilities

While that's true, we cannot be held hostage.
matracey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MoCoWolf said:

ClePack said:

The issue is who the hell would we hire? We don't exactly have the best facilities

While that's true, we cannot be held hostage.


Man held hostage? Getting a bit dramatic here late night aren't we?

Team is in a slump. They'll bounce back. 2/3 of our starters didn't pitch against Louisville. Gotta get the bats woken up. We're 3-2 in ACC series which is about where most expected us to be halfway through the season. 6-4 in ACC series very well could host, 5-5 is a solid 2 seed, heck 4-6 might still get us a bid with how stacked our schedule is
WHS115
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's been here for 20 something years with little to no financial support. He's not ever getting fired not even a point in having the discussion
MoCoWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WHS115 said:

He's been here for 20 something years with little to no financial support. He's not ever getting fired not even a point in having the discussion

I leaned a long time ago to never say never
Pakbackr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm of the opinion that it will take one or two coaching changes before they finally figure out that a new facility is needed…not the current lipstick on a pig approach.
matracey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

He's been here for 20 something years with little to no financial support. He's not ever getting fired not even a point in having the discussion

I leaned a long time ago to never say never


Yet you started a thread halfway through the season about moving on from Avent and saying this team won't go to Omaha.

Most times these things, like Doeren in football and Keatts in basketball, work themselves out and the answer is clear at the end of the season
StateFan2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClePack said:

The issue is who the hell would we hire? We don't exactly have the best facilities


True and in big part that is on Avent. He has been here for 25 years. It is part of your job to raise money and demand facility improvements and he has just skated along not pushing the envelope. No reason we should play in the second best conference in college baseball, have access to the 4th most talented recruiting base in the country and have the facilities we do. We need some fresh blood with some energy to drive this program forward.
The State baseball job is not a tough job. There are players everywhere within 2 hrs of campus. Why do you think all these mid major programs in this state are so good? Talent everywhere.
MoCoWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

He's been here for 20 something years with little to no financial support. He's not ever getting fired not even a point in having the discussion

I leaned a long time ago to never say never


Yet you started a thread halfway through the season about moving on from Avent and saying this team won't go to Omaha.

Most times these things, like Doeren in football and Keatts in basketball, work themselves out and the answer is clear at the end of the season
You're right, I apologize. I think I was frustrated last night.

I will hereby and heretofore abide by the sacred and solemn oath of not having an opinion until the season's end that all IPS subscribers take upon subscribing. Furthermore, if I mistakenly possess such opinion, I will not express it in any way on these sacred and hallowed Internet forums.

I know there are permitted windows of times where these opinions can be had and expressed, but I lost my IPS handbook after orientation. Can you please remind me when the baseball opinion express window opens?

Thanks in advance kind sir!

Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!


The angry mob before Pilate has nothing on the NC State fan base with a coach that loses games.
matracey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

He's been here for 20 something years with little to no financial support. He's not ever getting fired not even a point in having the discussion

I leaned a long time ago to never say never


Yet you started a thread halfway through the season about moving on from Avent and saying this team won't go to Omaha.

Most times these things, like Doeren in football and Keatts in basketball, work themselves out and the answer is clear at the end of the season
You're right, I apologize. I think I was frustrated last night.

I will hereby and heretofore abide by the sacred and solemn oath of not having an opinion until the season's end that all IPS subscribers take upon subscribing. Furthermore, if I mistakenly possess such opinion, I will not express it in any way on these sacred and hallowed Internet forums.

I know there are permitted windows of times where these opinions can be had and expressed, but I lost my IPS handbook after orientation. Can you please remind me when the baseball opinion express window opens?

Thanks in advance kind sir!


No no no I apologize to you.

I think you're right we should fire a coach every time a team loses more than one game in a row.

Thank you!
MoCoWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

He's been here for 20 something years with little to no financial support. He's not ever getting fired not even a point in having the discussion

I leaned a long time ago to never say never


Yet you started a thread halfway through the season about moving on from Avent and saying this team won't go to Omaha.

Most times these things, like Doeren in football and Keatts in basketball, work themselves out and the answer is clear at the end of the season
You're right, I apologize. I think I was frustrated last night.

I will hereby and heretofore abide by the sacred and solemn oath of not having an opinion until the season's end that all IPS subscribers take upon subscribing. Furthermore, if I mistakenly possess such opinion, I will not express it in any way on these sacred and hallowed Internet forums.

I know there are permitted windows of times where these opinions can be had and expressed, but I lost my IPS handbook after orientation. Can you please remind me when the baseball opinion express window opens?

Thanks in advance kind sir!


No no no I apologize to you.

I think you're right we should fire a coach every time a team loses more than one game in a row.

Thank you!
Let's talk when that number is 8 after this weekend...
Wolfpack91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My rule is not to comment on the Head Coach until after the season is over.
At same time, it's already getting late pretty early for the Pack 9. Need to put some runs on the board and win some games and quickly.
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe this is one of those reverse jinx things. People gave up on the season and started talking about Dave needing to move on, and we won five in a row. They wanted Keatts fired and we won the ACC Championship and made the Final Four. So maybe if we talk about forcing out Avent we'll be back in Omaha.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wilmwolf said:

Maybe this is one of those reverse jinx things. People gave up on the season and started talking about Dave needing to move on, and we won five in a row. They wanted Keatts fired and we won the ACC Championship and made the Final Four. So maybe if we talk about forcing out Avent we'll be back in Omaha.


JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have so pretty good names available
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lol
Pakbackr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This University didn't pick up on the message when Tanner left.
FourOaksWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1. Avent will leave on his own terms

2. His retirement announcement will be very sudden, he doesn't want a farewell tour; as of last winter, his retirement announcement will be sooner rather than later.

3. He wants Coach Hart to be his successor, AD Boo is not yet sold on the idea.
CALS Alumni
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boo has to look at all options
tau06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.


Unless it's not. Would think our fans would stop being dumb enough to give us certified losses (didn't work for the negative navies in FB or Basketball, so they have come for baseball).
MoCoWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.


Unless it's not. Would think our fans would stop being dumb enough to give us certified losses (didn't work for the negative navies in FB or Basketball, so they have come for baseball).
You guys have, like, eyes and stuff, right?
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's going to be a very interesting off-season
TopsailWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
#3 is absurd. Boo is held accountable to leading winning programs and hiring the right coaches, not the easy ones.

Not surprising from a coach who hasn't won anything though.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.