IPS INTEL: Big group expected to visit this weekend

6,591 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by baxterC
packfan1221
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did we mess this up now or what?
NashvillePackFan
Who knows, Noah has kind of been known to tell reporters what he thinks they want to hear… I don't think he'd publicly say he's visiting State to this Friedman guy
tau06
The rivals guys have consistently been wrong on everything about the Rogers recruitment to date including the whole saga when he was in Raleigh all weekend and skipped multiple planes to OSU. They were reporting he was at OSU while we had insiders here laughing at them. Let it play out and let's see who shows up where
JAMSTFAN55$
Something I'm starting to realize about our beloved football team is that there is nothing that the world of college football can throw at us that we have not been through time after time. I think that creates a steeled toughness and a keep getting up attitude that many can not match. When coach says our guys don't quit, He"s right. And He doesn't either. That alone might get us over the hump sooner than we think. We don't get many Apollo Creeds but we do get a lot of Rocky Balboas. Rocky finally got His break and we will too.
Pack31
griff17matt said:

eljefe444 said:

ntcstate13 said:

Is this the part where NR gets heat from OSU and doesn't show this weekend?
Could just be my bias showing in this situation, but I feel like I wouldn't want to play for coaches that would give me an ultimatum while I explore my options and go to hang out with friends...

You mean like DD holds to as well? He's dropped guys in the past that have gone on visits to other schools.

Like he's about to do when we land Smothers on top of Raphael this week to team with Sumo, Allen, and Houston?
Mahaya
I think it's always best with high profile committed guys to just keep it quiet. A lot of heat is put on these guys.
TheStorm
griff17matt said:

eljefe444 said:

ntcstate13 said:

Could just be my bias showing in this situation, but I feel like I wouldn't want to play for coaches that would give me an ultimatum while I explore my options and go to hang out with friends...

You mean like DD holds to as well? He's dropped guys in the past that have gone on visits to other schools.
Eason visited Notre Dame while he was still verbally committed, and we accepted his FAX on signing day anyway...
griff17matt
Pack31 said:

griff17matt said:

eljefe444 said:

ntcstate13 said:

Like he's about to do when we land Smothers on top of Raphael this week to team with Sumo, Allen, and Houston?

I didn't say he wasn't hypocritical about it, just that he holds the same "you commit to us, we commit to you" thing. And while he doesn't necessarily "drop" guys for visiting, if you're flirting with other schools *coughcoughJonescoughcough* then he'll go out and get a replacement or two.
baxterC
griff17matt said:

Pack31 said:

griff17matt said:

eljefe444 said:

ntcstate13 said:

I didn't say he wasn't hypocritical about it, just that he holds the same "you commit to us, we commit to you" thing. And while he doesn't necessarily "drop" guys for visiting, if you're flirting with other schools *coughcoughJonescoughcough* then he'll go out and get a replacement or two.

I hate to point it out to the poster you were responding to but there's also no guarantee Sumo, Allen and Houston will be here.
"That's a big deal," Doeren said. "Now we have five days of five different potatoes and the guys are fired up about it."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.