IPS INTEL: Big group expected to visit this weekend

6,706 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by baxterC
kbdavis33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GopherPack said:

GopherPack wink faces are a positive development for me lol
Borowolf10
TraCha4 said:

GopherPack said:

Lmao!!!
WPNfamily
I am pumped! Ready for the future too.

Ground_Chuck
We did a little 2 back this year and it was a fairly good grouping for us. Maybe some more 22 personnel is in our future.
toddl
Staff
NashvillePackFan said:

Remember when that "tarheelsrule" guy showed up to let us know Noah is now more interested in UNC than NC State recently? I bet that guy is having a (well deserved) rough week.
Or that guy was Steve https://insidepacksports.com/s/10291/inside-pack-sports-football-recruiting-update/1
Packfanme1
Love this intel! Thanks!
Jesus, Family, Wolfpack!
birdiePack
Imagine a world where Leary returns, we flip Rogers and Smothers, and pick up a few studs in the portal. Combine that with the home schedule we have next year? Yes please!
If you never allow for a little fun and relaxation you will become mentally unstable without knowing it.
TorryHoltsMiddleFinger
Steve Williams said:

We're in a dead period right now but that will open up Friday and State will have a bunch of guys in town for the weekend. IPS has learned that Tamarcus Cooley, Lex Thomas, Noah Rogers, Kevin Concepcion, Brandon Cisse and Daylan Smothers are all expected to be on hand. We had previously mentioned that Trevion Cooley would be visiting but he won't be able to until after Dec 5th.

Obviously the three big name here are Cooley, Rogers and Smothers. With Cooley, there's been rumors of several other teams sniffing around and our guess is they will likely be pushing package deals with him and his brother. Getting him back to help shore up his commitment is important but I do think it'll be something we'll need to monitor leading up to signing day.

Regarding Smothers and Rogers, I wouldn't necessarily go overboard with it just yet. It's a long shot at best. However, this time is a little different because it's not just coming for a game to hang out with your buddies. This is an obvious push to get them to flip and the fact that they're open to visiting is a good sign in my opinion.

Obviously this is the expectation on Thursday and anything could happen between now and then so stay tuned.

I don't remember exactly when but I recall that many months ago you said that it would be a roller coaster for this group but that eventually they could very well end up together. Speak it into existence Steve!
Brown is Red
Ground_Chuck said:

We did a little 2 back this year and it was a fairly good grouping for us. Maybe some more 22 personnel is in our future.

I've personally been thinking for months that should be our base. 3 WR's, either 2 RB's or a RB and APB/FB/ATH in the mold of Pennix/Toudle/Verden (rather than a traditional TE). Gives you a lot of pieces to move around and create mismatches.
Tootie4Pack
Good news with this group visiting. Almost like a good tease…..like Eddie Murphy and the ice cream cone skit. Want a lick…..psych !!

Want us to come to State …..psych !
poexcuse
Bam Knight set a Jet's record for total yards in a first game. There was a ton of attrition in the Jets RB room. Bam came off the practice squad. In Bam's highlights you can see he took some big shots. Depth and rotation at RB is important.

I could not figure out how to post Bam's touches video but it is on youtube.

Lsnoel3
There is a need for depth. Ton of injuries either nagging and effect performance or worse and season ending. I would be telling kids you will earn a roll on the team 1,2,3,or 4 on depth chart but good chance you will play.
Ground_Chuck
Brown is Red said:

Ground_Chuck said:

I've personally been thinking for months that should be our base. 3 WR's, either 2 RB's or a RB and APB/FB/ATH in the mold of Pennix/Toudle/Verden (rather than a traditional TE). Gives you a lot of pieces to move around and create mismatches.
This has basically been our base for a couple years, 3 WRs, 1 RB, 1 TE/FB. I'd prefer drop one WR and add another RB or TE.
Glasswolf
Both can b true
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Pack2008
End of regular season rivalry games just mean so much more than any other games. Think how different our offseason last year would have been if Emeka, Leary, and Dunn didn't ball out in the final 2 mins.
Packchem91
Pack2008 said:

End of regular season rivalry games just mean so much more than any other games. Think how different our offseason last year would have been if Emeka, Leary, and Dunn didn't ball out in the final 2 mins.

100% agree. Perceptions of coaches, programs, and players are altered by the rivalry games.
And the last two have significantly benefitted Dave and hurt Mack
HappyHooker73
Let's Go Pack!
So much momentum right now
Steve Williams
Staff
TorryHoltsMiddleFinger said:

Steve Williams said:

We're in a dead period right now but that will open up Friday and State will have a bunch of guys in town for the weekend. IPS has learned that Tamarcus Cooley, Lex Thomas, Noah Rogers, Kevin Concepcion, Brandon Cisse and Daylan Smothers are all expected to be on hand. We had previously mentioned that Trevion Cooley would be visiting but he won't be able to until after Dec 5th.

Obviously the three big name here are Cooley, Rogers and Smothers. With Cooley, there's been rumors of several other teams sniffing around and our guess is they will likely be pushing package deals with him and his brother. Getting him back to help shore up his commitment is important but I do think it'll be something we'll need to monitor leading up to signing day.

Regarding Smothers and Rogers, I wouldn't necessarily go overboard with it just yet. It's a long shot at best. However, this time is a little different because it's not just coming for a game to hang out with your buddies. This is an obvious push to get them to flip and the fact that they're open to visiting is a good sign in my opinion.

Obviously this is the expectation on Thursday and anything could happen between now and then so stay tuned.

I don't remember exactly when but I recall that many months ago you said that it would be a roller coaster for this group but that eventually they could very well end up together. Speak it into existence Steve!
I posted back in August or September, if it was going to happen it would have to be much closer to signing day. Whether anything ultimately happens or not, I think State is using a perfect strategy. Neither Smothers or Rogers will visit where they're committed again prior to signing day. If you're State, give it everything you've got over the next three weeks and maybe, just maybe.
livewolf
pman27
^ Jared Lorenzen - that you?
cottonwolf
Is Sampson still going to visit?
Steve Williams
Staff
cottonwolf said:

Is Sampson still going to visit?
As of now, yes.
Pack31
Borowolf10 said:

TraCha4 said:

GopherPack said:

Lmao!!!

One of the greatest Christmas movies EVER!
howlie
Steve Williams said:

TraCha4 said:

Wow. That's amazing...
Smothers was the player I hinted at last week. He was supposed to come Sunday with KC but it fell through. So yes, it's been in the works for awhile. With Noah, I think that came together more recently.
Stevo, we're gonna have to get you help with that hinting stuff...
Better to not let us speculate (or be frustrated) until you can simply come out and share the info, as you did in this thread.
NashvillePackFan
howlie said:

Steve Williams said:

TraCha4 said:

Wow. That's amazing...
Smothers was the player I hinted at last week. He was supposed to come Sunday with KC but it fell through. So yes, it's been in the works for awhile. With Noah, I think that came together more recently.
Better to not let us speculate (or be frustrated) until you can simply come out and share the info, as you did in this thread.

I think he should keep doing it exactly as he does… he's not intentionally withholding info he's practicing cautious journalism
Steve Williams
Staff
howlie said:

Steve Williams said:

TraCha4 said:

Wow. That's amazing...
With the way our info gets copied and pasted almost on a daily basis on other sites I have to be careful.
LKNWolf
Rogers is sort of like that super hot girl who keeps you in their friend zone.
minthillwolf
NashvillePackFan said:

Remember when that "tarheelsrule" guy showed up to let us know Noah is now more interested in UNC than NC State recently? I bet that guy is having a (well deserved) rough week.
Indeed, and it probably will extend through the weekend and maybe beyond. I will be a Tiger this Sat. Shadenfreude is not a virtue, but with the tarred heels it is - don't care what you say!
westsidewolf
Ohio State WR coach Brian Hartline is interviewing for head coach position at Cincinnati. That can only help us with NR.
metcalfmafia
westsidewolf said:

Ohio State WR coach Brian Hartline is interviewing for head coach position at Cincinnati. That can only help us with NR.
Didn't make second interview. This stuff moves fast brother
CloudPack
Kkelly271 said:

Then she sees you with her cute friend Cassie and finds interest in you. Looks like beating unc was our date with Cassie
PackDaddy
CloudPack said:

Kkelly271 said:

Then she sees you with her cute friend Cassie and finds interest in you. Looks like beating unc was our date with Cassie

Guys, he is in no way condoning beating your dates to get a hotter date
BP Cox
Staff
News of the new video board and sound system are already impackting things...
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
PackDaddy
BP Cox said:

You can definitely pull more when you have the biggest
BP Cox
Staff
PackDaddy said:

BP Cox said:

You can definitely pull more when you have the biggest

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.