IPS INTEL: Big group expected to visit this weekend

6,309 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by baxterC
Steve Williams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
We're in a dead period right now but that will open up Friday and State will have a bunch of guys in town for the weekend. IPS has learned that Tamarcus Cooley, Lex Thomas, Noah Rogers, Kevin Concepcion, Brandon Cisse and Daylan Smothers are all expected to be on hand. We had previously mentioned that Trevion Cooley would be visiting but he won't be able to until after Dec 5th.

Obviously the three big name here are Cooley, Rogers and Smothers. With Cooley, there's been rumors of several other teams sniffing around and our guess is they will likely be pushing package deals with him and his brother. Getting him back to help shore up his commitment is important but I do think it'll be something we'll need to monitor leading up to signing day.

Regarding Smothers and Rogers, I wouldn't necessarily go overboard with it just yet. It's a long shot at best. However, this time is a little different because it's not just coming for a game to hang out with your buddies. This is an obvious push to get them to flip and the fact that they're open to visiting is a good sign in my opinion.

Obviously this is the expectation on Thursday and anything could happen between now and then so stay tuned.
ushum
Wow
TraCha4
Wow. That's amazing news. Is this something that has been planned for a while or is this new and a last ditch effort by the staff to full court press? Either way it speaks volumes that these young men are still willing to show up and listen to the pitch.
jadawson
When is signing day this year? I've seen 12/21 but also a "Final Signing Date" of 12/23.
Wolfpacklife
Man thats exciting. Can't land em if you don't get them on campus. Always a good thing
Trey MDB3
Can't be mad at this, regardless of how it turns out. Nice to see this group making more visits, especially in December
TraCha4
Can we pretty please make sure Gopher is the host for the weekend. Gopher, not sure what your plans are this weekend but…..we need ya buddy, LOL!!!
Steve Williams
Staff
TraCha4 said:

Wow. That's amazing news. Is this something that has been planned for a while or is this new and a last ditch effort by the staff to full court press? Either way it speaks volumes that these young men are still willing to show up and listen to the pitch.
Smothers was the player I hinted at last week. He was supposed to come Sunday with KC but it fell through. So yes, it's been in the works for awhile. With Noah, I think that came together more recently.
thewuf
STAY HOME....
metcalfmafia
A LOT of negativity around the OSU program right now, whether you feel that is justified or not.

A lot of positivity around our program. Funny what one game (for both teams) can do.
matracey
jadawson said:

When is signing day this year? I've seen 12/21 but also a "Final Signing Date" of 12/23.
For Student-Athletes Signing 2022-23 and Enrolling 2023-24

Early Period is 12/21/2022-12/23/2022

Regular Period is 2/1/2023-4/1/2023
gopack_83
It may be cold outside but this news has me feeling like it's the middle of June
Bas2020
The playing time IS there for Rogers , Cooley and Smothers. WR, RB and nickel are wide open.

I hope we are selling playing time and opportunity to get on the field early as much as NiL and all that other stuff . The end goal should be the NFL and you can't get there if there's a log jam ahead of you at another school .
Wearestate13
IF smothers flipped, that's 3 very good rb freshman on top of what we already have. Add Cooley, have to assume a couple already here leave right?

Super Super crowded room
FlockaWolf
Are these unofficial visits I assume?
Steve Williams
Staff
FlockaWolf said:

Are these unofficial visits I assume?
Yes, for now.
UCWolf12
Any chance Jones joins the group?
Skidley
Huge!
GopherPack
Statenate
With Smothers - does that mean we are having a plan B for Kyron Jones? Seems like we wouldn't be able to take 3 HS backs and Cooley unless the staff thinks multiple RBs plan to leave.
Steve Williams
Staff
Wearestate13 said:

IF smothers flipped, that's 3 very good rb freshman on top of what we already have. Add Cooley, have to assume a couple already here leave right?

Super Super crowded room
Sign 'em all. Let Dave sort 'em out. LOL
hokiewolf
Steve Williams said:

TraCha4 said:

Smothers was the player I hinted at last week. He was supposed to come Sunday with KC but it fell through. So yes, it's been in the works for awhile. With Noah, I think that came together more recently.
How good is he at yo-yo tricks though?
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
ushum
Not saying he's going to flip, but could it have been the ultimate blessing in disguise that OSU waited to bring Noah in for his official visit just to watch Michigan kick their ass and their fans meltdown.
Wolfpack91
If the group is at the Basketball game on Friday night. Folks should show them some love and attention.
Sounds obvious & maybe corny but does work. Certainly, works in opposite direction if certain players get zero from fan base.
Steve Williams
Staff
In a perfect world you get Noah on campus this weekend and then have him follow up with an official visit the following week.
smitt86
I remember how we thought Cuse was going to run Tucker into the ground last year, and this year, with his 250+ touches...

OU's leading rusher had 246 touches this year for 1500+ total yards 0_0

Conversely, our 3 main RBs had: 151 touches, 67 touches, and 58 touches.

Feels like Smothers might be a guy better suited for 100 touches a year and not 250.
ntcstate13
Steve Williams said:

Wearestate13 said:

Super Super crowded room

He can consult w Fuente and Hokiewolf
ntcstate13
Steve Williams said:

In a perfect world you get Noah on campus this weekend and then have him follow up with an official visit the following week.

Is NR an early enrollee?
baxterC
Steve Williams said:

Wearestate13 said:

Super Super crowded room

Seems fairly obvious that the RB room will see some changes, whether it's an incoming guy flipping or multiple guys leaving.
"That's a big deal," Doeren said. "Now we have five days of five different potatoes and the guys are fired up about it."
wkmarsh
GopherPack said:

Any word if they will be at the game Friday night?
NashvillePackFan
Steve Williams said:

Wearestate13 said:

Super Super crowded room

I know it was mentioned on the zoom but man I just like Raphael and Smothers' RB tape more than Jones right now.
Steve Williams
Staff
NashvillePackFan said:

Steve Williams said:

Wearestate13 said:

Super Super crowded room

I know it was mentioned on the zoom but man I just like Raphael and Smothers' RB tape more than Jones right now.
Yeah, I think once we publish the zoom it'll give a little more depth to our thoughts at running back.
TraCha4
GopherPack said:

GopherPack
NashvillePackFan
Remember when that "tarheelsrule" guy showed up to let us know Noah is now more interested in UNC than NC State recently? I bet that guy is having a (well deserved) rough week.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.