Western NC Flooding

21,131 Views | 350 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Werewolf
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What in the Hell just happened to this thread? It appears as if Waynewolf has all the information.
waynecountywolf
Werewolf said:

......and then $8 billion turned up in some obscure FEMA account.......

Trump oughttta know.....
Trump admin pulling millions from FEMA disaster relief to send to southern border

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-admin-pulling-millions-fema-disaster-relief-send-southern-border-n1046691

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-44-billion-fema-hurricane-laura-1047210/
Trump Looted $44 Billion From FEMA's Disaster Relief Fund in the Middle of a Record-Setting Hurricane Season

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/29/politics/fema-puerto-rico-disaster-funding-hurricane-donald-trump-fact-check/index.html

Fact check: Does Trump's reallocation of FEMA funds take money from Puerto Rico?

waynecountywolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

https://instagr.am/p/DAgT_q5vrav

Both Dems and Rino Republicans are to be condemned here.

America First
your problem is thinking the US government can help immediately l. It can't. It has been proven time and again. Neighbors, volunteers, friends. In times like these, that's who you have to rely on.
Apparently the right wing bullshi** machine is in high gear... it's NC in an election year after all!

But just to clear things up, the reason you haven't yet seen huge convoys of trucks rolling into Asheville isn't because the trucks aren't ready. They're ready. But they can't get in until the water recedes and the roads are passable, which will be soon.

The Army has been handling debris management and is gearing up to establish temporary power supplies near Asheville. FEMA is working with the Army Corps of Engineers to rebuild washed out roads and bridges and connect cut-off communities. They're also working with the US Department of Defense to set up air bridge locations to airlift supplies into storm damaged areas not accessible by roads. Initial staging has been set up at Ft. Liberty, and airplanes and helicopters will be used to bring supplies in by air. FEMA officials say supplies for those stranded in western NC have already been staged for delivery. According to the NC Department of Transportation, those supplies have begun to be airlifted into place.

So yeah, neighbors are vital in the first days, but within a week or so Asheville will be inundated with food, water, ice, blankets, tents, etc, etc.

And sorry, the idea that Asheville could pull itself up by it's bootstraps and handle a catastrophe like this by itself is stupid. As much as right wingers hate to admit it, this is exactly what makes having a federal government so important... not even the state government has the resources or capability to quickly handle this.

waynecountywolf
caryking said:

What in the Hell just happened to this thread? It appears as if Waynewolf has all the information.
Somebody let some of y'all out of the Rubber Room and threw you tin foil hats in the process.

I am just here for the conspiracy theories
Werewolf
caryking said:

Notice from the treasure troves of CNN and CBS news........just the facts!
Werewolf
waynecountywolf
Werewolf said:

I Meme Therefore I Am, indeed.
Credible source of nothingburgers.
then on July 25 The Great Awakening is posted.
Idiots need help
I am just here for the conspiracy theories
Werewolf
I'd bet your eyelids are sunburnt too.
Nairo
Is this Werewolf?

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/14/us/fema-threats-arrest-north-carolina.html
Nairo
https://www.bpr.org/live-updates/live-blog-hurricane-helene-wnc#fema-opening-recovery-center-in-henderson
Werewolf
Civilized
Why don't y'all update us on these armed loons in WNC threatening to "hunt FEMA" that made FEMA pause activities today.
Werewolf
Werewolf
Civilized said:

Why don't y'all update us on these armed loons in WNC threatening to "hunt FEMA" that made FEMA pause activities today.
Update us #Sieve, its a free country. Get to it.
wolf howl
Civilized said:

Jokes on the "armed loons", there's no FEMA to be found!
Werewolf
Werewolf
These people are from the same vein as those early Americans settlers that came out of the hills to defeat the British at the Battle of Kings Mountain. Tough as nails mountain goats!

Werewolf
packgrad
wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

Jokes on the "armed loons", there's no FEMA to be found!

Lol!
Werewolf
Ingles Grocery devastated by storm per this article.

https://apalacheresearch.com/2024/10/01/supermarket-chain-is-devastated-by-the-flood-because-its-new-corporate-campus-was-built-in-a-flood-hazard-zone/
Werewolf
Putting things into perspecitve:

$23 billion gift of American tax dollars to Ukraine
$11 billion gift of American tax dollars to Israei
$750 loan to an American taxpayer and survivor of a devastating hurricane, if you qualify!

Do these criminals in DC work for you, the American taxpayer? If not, I wonder who they do work for?
Werewolf
1947 #Sieve, 1947. I'll agree this isn't proof of anything but I do want others here to be aware of this fact.

Werewolf
The three sunburnt drunks must have passed out once again in the rightfield bleachers. Once a #sheeple, always a #sheeple.

Werewolf
Too hard to figure out............or too difficult to come to terms with?

Werewolf
Ann Vandersteel is MAGA1000 and extremely careful with her news coverage accuracy.

FEMA IS RUN BY DHS - THE U.S. GOVERNMENT

They are not here to help you. They are here to evict you, steal your supply chain and replace you with the invasion army that has come across the southern border.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL. THIS IS HAPPENING.

Yesterday, I saw with my own eyes, [and confirmed with drone footage] a camp that popped up in 3 days on I-40 in Haywood County, NC. This camp had armed guards.

The location is key to the east - west corridor between TN and NC in a DEEP RED area.

If this is a staging area for relief workers, why do we not see any of them in the field? Why are they confiscating supplies? For whom are they here to benefit?

DrummerboyWolf
New story from Steve Baker and Joe McKinnon who are on the ground in North Carolina. The story is mainly about how former ex-military have set up a supply chain to help the people and the Commanding General of the XVIII Airborne Corps stopped by to study the logistics that these former vets have set up.

Also a video and Baker says that FEMA is basically handing out paperwork but not much else. They do have some military helicopters from various National Guard units and they were the only ones that could fly the last day or two because of the weather, but there is still not enough resources being provided by the Federal Government. They do not have everything they need as Joe Biden has said.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/veterans-put-special-ops-experience-to-work-helping-hurricane-hit-north-carolinians
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
packgrad
2 of my people in the National Guard got called up. Head west tomorrow.
Werewolf
Werewolf
SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

Nothing to see here! Move along, patriot!
Werewolf
TheStorm
OMG. ID's required to get in also... isn't that discriminatory?
Werewolf
CBS didn't cover this so it must not be true. It hasn't been verified by MSM........I don't believe it.
Werewolf
Ukraine property for FEMA camps? You guys in North Carolina might want to check this out.

DrummerboyWolf
Werewolf said:

Ukraine property for FEMA camps? You guys in North Carolina might want to check this out.

The camp is being used to house responders to the Hurricane so families can get into hotel rooms. It is explained in this story from the Blaze.

Hey FEMA and the Army are on the scene now and helping. They say that they have been there since right before the storm happened, but we just don't have any pictures until the last few days. We'll take them at their word, but pretty much anybody who was there, has said they haven't seen FEMA or much Federal help.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/exclusive-fema-is-here-military-and-fema-officials-share-relief-efforts-in-western-north-carolina-with-blaze-news
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.