Western NC Flooding

13,237 Views | 235 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Werewolf
SmaptyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

Gulfstream4 said:

Need to give democrats credit. They are about winning no matter the human cost.

What does this even mean?
It's called "gaslighting". They're spreading disinformation in a desperate attempt to win NC, no matter the human costs to their own people. So of course with a straight face they have to insist that it's you doing that.

MAGA truly has brought Soviet-style politics to America. Up is down, and you're the enemy if you say otherwise.
Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

Gulfstream4 said:

It's called "gaslighting". They're spreading disinformation in a desperate attempt to win NC, no matter the human costs to their own people. So of course with a straight face they have to insist that it's you doing that.

MAGA truly has brought Soviet-style politics to America. Up is down, and you're the enemy if you say otherwise.

I just couldn't figure out how deep the gaslighting was running.

Were we talking "importing illegals to vote" normal Tuesday gaslighting or "the government altered the weather and steered a catastrophic hurricane to run roughshod over a swath of red counties" MTG-level-lunacy gaslighting?
packgrad
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

Gulfstream4 said:

I just couldn't figure out how deep the gaslighting was running.

Were we talking "importing illegals to vote" normal Tuesday gaslighting or "the government altered the weather and steered a catastrophic hurricane to run roughshod over a swath of red counties" MTG-level-lunacy gaslighting?

Lying civ and the board moron crying about gaslighting? lol.

Jtbridges317
I can tell you this, I was there this weekend in West Jefferson, NC specifically Lansing and Crumpler, NC.

This is a war zone with no assistance at all. FEMA assistance from 10am to 1 pm.

I saw cars in trees, horse trailers washed up hills, bridges collapsed, homes that have floated 300 yards off of there foundation.

The worst part about all of this, is that Ashe county has one of the highest rates of suicide in the entire country prior to this storm, and it's only going to get worse. People have lost everything, there homes, loved ones, personal belongings, etc. EVERYTHING. I helped a women sort through her shed to see if there was anything worth keeping while her grand children wept because all of there child hood belongings and photos were destroyed.

We helped another man whose 8 ft ceiling basement filled up with water, all the way to the living space upstairs to where there was another 3 feet of water. His home that has been in his family since 1875 is gone. We were specifically told that he may be one of the folks that we lose over the next few weeks.

These folks are struggling, which I know everyone is aware, but it's way worse than anyone can imagine.

TheStorm
Jtbridges317 said:

I can tell you this, I was there this weekend in West Jefferson, NC specifically Lansing and Crumpler, NC.

This is a war zone with no assistance at all. FEMA assistance from 10am to 1 pm.

I saw cars in trees, horse trailers washed up hills, bridges collapsed, homes that have floated 300 yards off of there foundation.

The worst part about all of this, is that Ashe county has one of the highest rates of suicide in the entire country prior to this storm, and it's only going to get worse. People have lost everything, there homes, loved ones, personal belongings, etc. EVERYTHING. I helped a women sort through her shed to see if there was anything worth keeping while her grand children wept because all of there child hood belongings and photos were destroyed.

We helped another man whose 8 ft ceiling basement filled up with water, all the way to the living space upstairs to where there was another 3 feet of water. His home that has been in his family since 1875 is gone. We were specifically told that he may be one of the folks that we lose over the next few weeks.

These folks are struggling, which I know everyone is aware, but it's way worse than anyone can imagine.

Civ and Smaptass say stop exaggerating and fearmongering...

Oh. and gaslighting!
wolf howl
Jtbridges317 said:

Thanks for going up there to assist. That's where my friends are as well. Saying the same thing. But, a few mouth pieces on this board swear there's assistance everywhere and just like Biden said last week, they're good, have everything they need!

Cold front moved through which won't help either, going to try and make a Costco run on some cool weather clothing to donate up there.
Jtbridges317
These are just a few of the photos I took because I had a minute to stop.

The picture with the man in front of the destroyed bridge, that is the normal height of the river. It went up over that bank and ripped through that area. The photo with my truck side view mirror and the collapsed home, was on that same road, to show you how high and powerful that water got.

Btw, the man who owned that home committed suicide because he told people he was too old to start over. He was only 51.

PossumJenkins
Meant to post earlier...but have been busy trying to dig out work wise from my time up there. I went up last Tuesday and also Friday. Tuesday I went with a group called Aerial Recovery through old race team friends, and Friday a group of us that had to go back went by ourselves. We were in the Black Mountain, Swananoa and then further down 9 area into Shumont. I will say the progress made from last Tuesday to Friday was pretty astonishing. Not that things were good by any means, but just much more ability to navigate.

We spent more time mustering than working Tuesday, even with a private group, and decided to just go Friday. We stopped at some fire stations to see if they had any places to point us with differing results. The first was grateful for our offer, but they had a search and rescue team in from another state and it was their last day, so they were actually shutting down the roads in that area to let that team work.

We actually did see a FEMA search and rescue team working on a pile of debris. We encountered every form of law enforcement (local, state and federal)...DEA was actually providing security at the site we say FEMA working. There was a bridge about 4 inches from going in the water at that site as well. Everyone was assisting in getting suppled to atv's on the other side of the bridge to take up to the 30-40 homes that were on that side and not far from being cut off.

I can say that every single church parking lot we passed was full of supplies and almost every house we stopped by said they were good on supplies. So the supplies are making it to the people, but a lot of that was being done by local hot shots running side by sides full of supplies from those church parking lots out everywhere.

Honestly, everyone we encountered from a professional standpoint was grateful and helpful. I can't say they were all doing that much, most we encountered were in some kind of security or stand around role. Either way, once we got deeper in we did a ton of cutting folks out of their driveways and just trying to manage downed trees. We had a great group of 30-40 big dudes the first day and probably 15 on our return trip Friday.

Again...just my personal experience from two days there. But everyone we encountered was grateful and there trying to be of help in whatever role they were given. I think we miss that at times. All the back and forth about what agencies are helping or aren't etc. That's the bureaucracy that is the problem with government. But no matter if you had three letters, four letters or no letters on your t-shirt. The people on the ground we encountered wanted to help and were doing their best to do that.
Werewolf
NCSUBill said:

Does anyone know if Tommy Burleson and his family are OK? Also, do we know if there is an effort b underway to help all students whose families are affected by this tragedy?
I think it's NewsMax that will periodically check in with him for interview.
Civilized
TheStorm said:

Jtbridges317 said:

Oh. and gaslighting!

Go show me where I said that, or anything close.
SmaptyWolf
Jtbridges317 said:

I'm confused. Are you saying there was no assistance at all? Or are you saying that FEMA was there from 10am to 1pm, presumably making sure everyone had supplies?
Jtbridges317
SmaptyWolf said:

Jtbridges317 said:

I'm confused. Are you saying there was no assistance at all? Or are you saying that FEMA was there from 10am to 1pm, presumably making sure everyone had supplies?
One, it doesn't surprise me that that's the only thing you picked up on in the entire post, being you're here to score political points.

Second, considering the tragedy that happened and the scope of the damage, 10am to 1pm is a joke all things considered. Speak to the locals up there yourself, there is no help
griff17matt
Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Jtbridges317 said:

Oh. and gaslighting!

Is this you, like 15 posts up?

Civilized
griff17matt said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Jtbridges317 said:

Oh. and gaslighting!

Storm's clear implication is that I said the devastation in WNC was exaggerated.

I've had family from Black Mountain staying with us off and on over the last two weeks since the storm. One of them stayed in Black Mountain to volunteer and help navigate for aid workers. He's seen Swannanoa and Montreat up close. He's good friends with the landscape/hardware supply shop owner in Black Mountain that's supplied generators to the morgue and the flex warehouse space they're using as a temporary morgue. I know exactly how bad it is.

My beef on this thread has been the bull**** gaslighting about FEMA money being diverted for immigrants and the government withholding aid intentionally from red counties and the government controlling the weather and somehow directing a hurricane to obliterate WNC.

I've never said or implied that the devastation in WNC wasn't as described; exactly the opposite, in fact.
caryking
WRAL is such a misinformation propaganda machine!! They did an article on misinformation pertaining to this storm. The only thing they brought up is the argument about government manipulation and causing the storm to be worse. They even cited a MTG Twitter post about it…. Ok, I don't think we have any proof of the claim that the government is manipulating anything, thus causing the Hurricane to be worse.

So, what they do is put on this person that says… the only thing causing excessive rain are fossil fuels…. What a joke!! Spare us your (WRAL) misinformation crap…
SmaptyWolf
Jtbridges317 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Jtbridges317 said:

One, it doesn't surprise me that that's the only thing you picked up on in the entire post, being you're here to score political points.

Second, considering the tragedy that happened and the scope of the damage, 10am to 1pm is a joke all things considered. Speak to the locals up there yourself, there is no help

F'ing spare me. You're not the only one with friends and loved ones in the area. I've personally donated probably your entire year's salary for relief efforts so far.

There are thousands of neighborhoods in western NC just like the one you're describing... no one is downplaying the devastation. At this point FEMA's job has been to find survivors and to make sure nobody is starving to death and has the supplies they need. Sounds like that's exactly what happened where you were.

If you think FEMA is supposed to be in every neighborhood 24/7 rebuilding their houses right now then you're either delusional about the scale of this disaster, or you're the one trying to score political points.

All you guys are doing is amplifying people's misery by making them feel abandoned when they're not... oh but you're concerned about suicides? Did the guy who killed himself know that all he had to do is reach out to FEMA for assistance rebuilding (though it may take a while)? Or are you guys making sure they don't know that?
wolf howl
Civilized said:

griff17matt said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Jtbridges317 said:

Oh. and gaslighting!

Storm's clear implication is that I said the devastation in WNC was exaggerated.

I've had family from Black Mountain staying with us off and on over the last two weeks since the storm. One of them stayed in Black Mountain to volunteer and help navigate for aid workers. He's seen Swannanoa and Montreat up close. He's good friends with the landscape/hardware supply shop owner in Black Mountain that's supplied generators to the morgue and the flex warehouse space they're using as a temporary morgue. I know exactly how bad it is.

My beef on this thread has been the bull**** gaslighting about FEMA money being diverted for immigrants and the government withholding aid intentionally from red counties and the government controlling the weather and somehow directing a hurricane to obliterate WNC.

I've never said or implied that the devastation in WNC wasn't as described; exactly the opposite, in fact.
DHS guy literally said they don't have enough money for hurricane season. The reason being they love to fund illegal immigrants and oops, it's hurricane season and taxpayers need help. FEMA running out of money because of the illegal immigrants isn't gaslighting, it's facts.
Civilized
LOL @ "potential non-citizens"

Make you a deal. I'll take the under, you take the over.

How much money we laying?
SmaptyWolf
wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

griff17matt said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Jtbridges317 said:

Oh. and gaslighting!

DHS guy literally said they don't have enough money for hurricane season. The reason being they love to fund illegal immigrants and oops, it's hurricane season and taxpayers need help. FEMA running out of money because of the illegal immigrants isn't gaslighting, it's facts.
No, the "facts" is that you're an idiot who doesn't know how FEMA works.

The money FEMA used to help individual communities deal with influxes of immigrants comes from an entirely different budget. Hurricane disaster relief is separate. It's not all one big pile of cash that FEMA can just spend wherever it wants.

So when Republicans refused to increase the FEMA budget, immigrants had nothing to do with it, it was the hurricane disaster relief budget that they stiffed. Like it or not, the cost of our yearly hurricane disasters has been rising pretty dramatically over the last couple decades. And it's going to get much worse. That's facts.

Civilized
wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

griff17matt said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Jtbridges317 said:

Oh. and gaslighting!

It's not facts, it's fantasy.
Werewolf
packgrad
Civilized said:

LOL @ "potential non-citizens"

Make you a deal. I'll take the under, you take the over.

How much money we laying?

Zero integrity guy trying to make bets now? Ooof. You are becoming an absolute embarrassment. Hope your Yankee pal is impressed. You're starting to get his garbage stink.
packgrad
Civilized said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

griff17matt said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Jtbridges317 said:

Oh. and gaslighting!

It's not facts, it's fantasy.

Clown fish "facts".
Ncsufist
SmaptyWolf said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

griff17matt said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Jtbridges317 said:

Oh. and gaslighting!

No, the "facts" is that you're an idiot who doesn't know how FEMA works.

The money FEMA used to help individual communities deal with influxes of immigrants comes from an entirely different budget. Hurricane disaster relief is separate. It's not all one big pile of cash that FEMA can just spend wherever it wants.

So when Republicans refused to increase the FEMA budget, immigrants had nothing to do with it, it was the hurricane disaster relief budget that they stiffed. Like it or not, the cost of our yearly hurricane disasters has been rising pretty dramatically over the last couple decades. And it's going to get much worse. That's facts.

From my understanding all that was budgeted to emergency housing that has since been granted to ngos to pay for "everything" that illegal aliens are being provided. You'd think emergency housing funds could be diverted from being spent on illegal aliens and for emergency housing for suffering Americans from Helene.
Werewolf
A Patriot and a born-again Christian, General Michael Flynn, speaks the cold hard truth.

Werewolf
Putting this in this thread too as its too important not to be heard. Thanks to Glenn Beck

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.