Western NC Flooding

12,391 Views | 212 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by packgrad
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Werewolf said:

A lot of truth leaking out on TikTok. Recall that we were all told it was a 'tool of Red China' and that it must be blocked here in the USA. Wonder why.......?

Anything that drives division and internal discord in the U.S. would serve China's purpose, ergo, it makes sense.
Civilized
wolf howl said:

A buddy of mine got to one of the hardest hit areas, Burnsville, yesterday evening to volunteer and is there now. He's said its COMPLETELY all people helping people. People from all over assisting, donating, helping however they can. Beautiful to see.

I specifically asked him if he's seen FEMA. He said no. Seen 3 or 4 Humvees and that's it. No aid being distributed, no tents, no generators, no water from them, nothing.

For the record, he and his entire family voted for Biden in the last election so he's not some MAGA by any stretch of the imagination (wish he was), he's just reporting what he's seeing.

FEMA doesn't have troops or convoys of Humvees. They're not that kind of agency. They help coordinate agencies that do. I think people have expectations that are mismatched with the reality of what FEMA assistance looks like.

Helene's path of destruction was 500 miles long, by x miles wide. That's a 10,000+ square mile impact area. Even with 7,000 federal staff being deployed to the area, the concentration of staff will not be high in any one area.

They've shipped 15 million MRE's so far, the same number of liters of water, half a million tarps, and hundreds of generators in addition to helping coordinate other agency responses.

They've also had to create a webpage to debunk BS social media rumors.

No, they're not restricting airspace.

No, they're not seizing property.

No, they're not taking volunteers or cash; they never have. Donate and volunteer with local non-profits.

No, disaster relief money was never used for the border.

No, they're not seizing food or water being shipped in, or turning away vehicles. Road closures are the jurisdiction of local police.

No, $750 isn't the extent of relief available.

Why don't y'all take your lead from the governors of the impacted states regarding the sufficiency of aid and operations to-date, rather than social media?

And I say this with family that lives in WNC that's been staying with us.
wolf howl
Civilized said:

wolf howl said:

A buddy of mine got to one of the hardest hit areas, Burnsville, yesterday evening to volunteer and is there now. He's said its COMPLETELY all people helping people. People from all over assisting, donating, helping however they can. Beautiful to see.

I specifically asked him if he's seen FEMA. He said no. Seen 3 or 4 Humvees and that's it. No aid being distributed, no tents, no generators, no water from them, nothing.

For the record, he and his entire family voted for Biden in the last election so he's not some MAGA by any stretch of the imagination (wish he was), he's just reporting what he's seeing.

FEMA doesn't have troops or convoys of Humvees. They're not that kind of agency. They help coordinate agencies that do. I think people have expectations that are mismatched with the reality of what FEMA assistance looks like.

Helene's path of destruction was 500 miles long, by x miles wide. That's a 10,000+ square mile impact area. Even with 7,000 federal staff being deployed to the area, the concentration of staff will not be high in any one area.

They've shipped 15 million MRE's so far, the same number of liters of water, half a million tarps, and hundreds of generators in addition to helping coordinate other agency responses.

No, they're not taking volunteers or cash; they never have. Donate and volunteer with local non-profits.

No, they're not seizing food or water being shipped in, or turning away vehicles. Road closures are the jurisdiction of local police.

Why don't y'all take your lead from the governors of the impacted states regarding the sufficiency of aid and operations to-date, rather than social media?

What part of NO OUTSIDE help do you not understand? The NO part or the OUTSIDE part? Seriously. Find you someone that loves you the way liberals love cucking for the government and democrats. My friend is literally on the f'n ground there and is telling me this. You can get your news from CNN telling you BS info if you'd like but I will believe the liberal friend of mine that is actually there.

FEMA has done absolutely dick for any area I have friends in which goes from Ashe, Wautaga and Yancey counties. I mean maybe they're just there in disguise and doing everything in the background or maybe, just maybe, they are a complete and utter failure like it was with Katrina?
packgrad
wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

wolf howl said:

What part of NO OUTSIDE help do you not understand? The NO part or the OUTSIDE part? Seriously. Find you someone that loves you the way liberals love cucking for the government and democrats. My friend is literally on the f'n ground there and is telling me this. You can get your news from CNN telling you BS info if you'd like but I will believe the liberal friend of mine that is actually there.

FEMA has done absolutely dick for any area I have friends in which goes from Ashe, Wautaga and Yancey counties. I mean maybe they're just there in disguise and doing everything in the background or maybe, just maybe, they are a complete and utter failure like it was with Katrina?

Clownfish is party before country. Never doubt that.
TheStorm
packgrad said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

wolf howl said:

The funny thing is that there used to be a time on these boards where a lot of us actually tried to take him seriously… dude is just totally off his rocker at this point.

It's actually kind of sad… I'm almost hoping that his wife does all his thinking for him. At least that way he'd have somewhat of an excuse. Dude has kids too. I couldn't even imagine bringing up kids teaching them that tripe that he posts here now.

But like Gulfstream4 said…
Civilized
wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

wolf howl said:

No outside help? Really?

Super weird because the front page of the Yancey County website says the county has a 78-man FEMA USAR team with 6 K9's operating on the ground around Burnsville.

It also lists another almost dozen agencies providing OUTSIDE HELP:

Quote:

To assist us in our response and recovery efforts, Yancey County has ordered and received a range of specialized resources, including:

-Type 2 Swiftwater Rescue Team from New York (16 persons)

-Type 3 Swiftwater Rescue Team from Charlotte Fire Department (9 persons)

-All Hazards Incident Management Team NC based (4 persons)

-Urban Search & Rescue Team from Charlotte Fire Department (17 persons)

-Communications Unit Leader/Technicians NC based (2 persons)

-FEMA Type 1 USAR Team from Texas (78 persons with 6 K9's)

-All Hazards Incident Management Team from Southeast Florida (4 persons)

-NC Sheriff's Association Mutual Aid Partners

-Ambulance Strike Team/Task Force (5 ALS units)

FEMA has paid out 30 million bucks to tens of thousands, with tens of thousands more set to receive money; put 2,000 up in hotels; and delivered 15 million MRE's and liters of water in addition to funding and helping coordinate a litany of other local, state, and federal agencies that are all clearly operating in the very counties you mentioned.

Your expectations are misaligned with reality if you expect to see FEMA troops marching through the area and FEMA helicopters hovering over every neighborhood. That's not their role and not how they operate.

Again, you see what you want to see and it's obvious you want to be angry so who am I to stop you.
packgrad
Yes. He's lying because cnn says so. You're a clown. You want to be angry at posters on here because you're mentally ill.
packgrad
TheStorm said:

packgrad said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

wolf howl said:

The funny thing is that there used to be a time on these boards where a lot of us actually tried to take him seriously… dude is just totally off his rocker at this point.

It's actually kind of sad… I'm almost hoping that his wife does all his thinking for him. At least that way he'd have somewhat of an excuse. Dude has kids too. I couldn't even imagine bringing up kids teaching them that tripe that he posts here now.

Yep. I was one of those. He's a trash poster now. Zero Integrity, lying sheep.

Maybe it is his wife posting. Studies show the majority of democrat women are mentally ill having to take SSRIs to function day to day. They run their beta men into the ground. He's in his 40s and his wife won't let him buy a smoker, but he still posts on the bbq thread. It's embarrassing. I can't imagine what their dinners are like.
Oldsouljer
packgrad said:

TheStorm said:

packgrad said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

wolf howl said:

Maybe it is his wife posting. Studies show the majority of democrat women are mentally ill having to take SSRIs to function day to day. They run their beta men into the ground. He's in his 40s and his wife won't let him buy a smoker, but he still posts on the bbq thread. It's embarrassing. I can't imagine what their dinners are like.
Seems like he was Smaptized.
TheStorm
Werewolf
Imagine you pay for car insurance every month.

Then one day, someone rear-ends you, but the insurance company does not help you pay for damages, and instead buys a Rolls Royce for someone who doesn't even have insurance.

That's how we get treated as the American taxpayer.

And then they will call you racist for noticing.
Werewolf
Werewolf
Civilized said:

wolf howl said:

Here a post from someone on the ground

WHOA! YOUR TOWN IS TO BE BULLDOZED AND YOU MUST ALL LEAVE. WE ARE NOT GOING TO RECOVER AND BURY THE DEAD.

@chrismartenson

This needs to go far and wide to put pressure on the government to do the right thing and save lives.

This evening, from a Peak Prosperity member to me via PM at my site:

Them: I can't post this online because it's not quite public yet, but government officials had a town meeting with all of the residents of chimney rock and basically told them the town was being bulldozed, bodies and all and the land was being seized by the federal government they would not be able to move back and basically their homes the ones that were standing were no longer theirs and the federal government owned it all. I don't know what crazy play for land this is, but there's a lot of conspiracy about lithium mines and let me just tell you, as someone who lives in Charlotte and has friends who live in the area of Western North Carolina, they are not being helped and this is actually being a stand down operation by federal government

Me: What the heck…? That's quite disturbing. Is this first-hand, second-hand, or more distant info?

Them: Our friend owns an Airbnb in Chimney Rock. They had a town meeting yesterday and someone from the federal government told them all of those things in the town meeting, but doesn't want the information getting out. Also, they are not picking up the bodies. The stench of the bodies everywhere is insane and for some reason, the government does not want to pick up the bodies. One pastor of a local church was going to order to door delivering water and they changed their delivery request to body bags because so many of the homes that they've gone to have needed body bags, we're trying to keep the body count. They're not picking up the bodies. They don't wanna identify the bodies and they're just leaving them to rot in the streets.

Me: I…can't…even. I'm stunned. This is beyond anything I could have imagined even very recently. You always pick up and bury the dead. It's what humans do. They are violating every possible custom … on purpose. Thank you for keeping me informed. People need to know about this. Let me know when you'd be comfortable with me posting to our forums in an anonymized fashion, of course.

Them: You can post it the message needs to get out. Something evil is going on in the NC mountains. I just didn't want to be identified. Just today we filled up a trailer for a shelter in Hendersonville NC that had no food for tons of moms and babies. All the stores round are empty or locked. In Chandler NC 2000 people haven't eaten anything or drank in 6 days and just got an SOS message out for help. I'm trying to tag the Cajun navy and operation airdrop but people are dying by the minute.

Multiple tuckers have reported having tires slashed. Our friends from Chimney Rock said they have heard multiple stories of people being robbed at gunpoint making supply runs. Two people that drove down to Charlotte yesterday and today one that we helped said bodies in trees, all over ditches in major roads back. Something weird is going on here in NC.

Me: God bless you. Let me know if I can help.

Them: Someone with a large national megaphone needs to amplify how bad it is. People are now starting to die trapped. My town is Operation Air Drop NC central command. They need pilots with planes and now are asking just for trucks. People with big equipment are needed but more than anything the nation needs to put pressure on Washington to deploy the National Guard asap. The 82nd was begging to go since Saturday but has been told to stand down. Every ****ing Apache we have should be flying rescue missions. Please amplify the message!!!
GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/DAyRKhts8_f
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Werewolf
Lithium & now we learn about high purity quart mining. Who's our competition in these markets?

SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

TheStorm said:

packgrad said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

wolf howl said:

Have you ever noticed that you guys spend 95% of your time bawling that other people have different opinions, rather than just debating those opinions? Smart people who aren't in cults don't do that.
packgrad
Wrong thread
GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/DA1wG4Qu3QV
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Werewolf
Doug Imhoff is Kamala's husband. Just a coincidence, #Sieve ,just a coincidence, pho sho.

Werewolf
Werewolf
CoachCase
Yep, this is the unfortunate part regarding the election. The tragedy in western NC is obvious and will undoubtedly impact voter turnout in this area. In the end, the outcome in NC might not be a true reflection of the will of the people.
Gulfstream4
Werewolf said:

Need to give democrats credit. They are about winning no matter the human cost.
wolf howl
Gulfstream4 said:

Werewolf said:

Import hundreds of thousands of illegals to NC to presumably vote blue, devastating natural disaster they'll show little care to immediately help which are mostly all red voters. Hmmm

No wonder Biden got on TV and said "What storm? They're getting everything they need. They're very happy across the board." only a few days after the storm.
TheStorm
I might end up being proven wrong, but I think somehow the State will find a way for those people to be able to vote. Maybe I'm just too trusting, but that's my current opinion.
Civilized
Gulfstream4 said:

What does this even mean?
packgrad
TheStorm said:

I might end up being proven wrong, but I think somehow the State will find a way for those people to be able to vote. Maybe I'm just too trusting, but that's my current opinion.

Pretty sure I read something this morning that the North Carolina elections board had voted unanimously to accommodate the affected counties. I don't have a link right now though. Sorry.
FlossyDFlynt
TheStorm said:

It was passed unanimously as well. Those who are able to vote will be able to do so
erniencsu02
CoachCase said:

Yep, this is the unfortunate part regarding the election. The tragedy in western NC is obvious and will undoubtedly impact voter turnout in this area. In the end, the outcome in NC might not be a true reflection of the will of the people.
honestly I think this will galvanize voters. They'll make sure now more than ever that they get their vote in
NCSUBill
Does anyone know if Tommy Burleson and his family are OK? Also, do we know if there is an effort b underway to help all students whose families are affected by this tragedy?
NCSUBill
Civilized
erniencsu02 said:

CoachCase said:

honestly I think this will galvanize voters. They'll make sure now more than ever that they get their vote in

Yeah I can't imagine a scenario where the NC Elections Board allows the perception to persist that the vote in NC isn't as fair as possible under the circumstances.

We all know NC is a swing state in a very close election. The stakes are very high for NC this year and eyeballs from all around the country will be on our state next month.

Here's the press release from the board on the actions they're taking:

Bipartisan NC State Elections Board Unanimously Approves Measures
NCSUBill
Does anyone know if Tommy Burleson and his family are OK? Also, do we know if there is an effort b underway to help all students whose families are affected by this tragedy?
NCSUBill
wilmwolf
https://www.on3.com/teams/nc-state-wolfpack/news/nc-state-tom-burleson-shares-his-account-from-western-north-carolina-hurricane-helene/
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
SmaptyWolf
wilmwolf said:

https://www.on3.com/teams/nc-state-wolfpack/news/nc-state-tom-burleson-shares-his-account-from-western-north-carolina-hurricane-helene/
"FEMA is set up near here and we have Blackhawk helicopters landing close by to deliver supplies," he says. "It is what it is. We have a long road ahead of us."

Nice to see an anecdote not written by the MAGA disinformation mill. Thanks Tommy!
smitt86
Gulfstream4 said:

Werewolf said:

LOL.

If the Dems were able to actually create the ability to make man-made monster hurricanes and steer them to specific pro-Trump counties... then kudos to them, because that's some absolutely stunning technology and quite the scientific breakthrough they've concocted just to win an election, haha.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.