Western NC Flooding

6,865 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by packgrad
DrummerboyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

More reports on this...

Feds confiscating Hurricane Helene private donations:

Just heard some reports on Glenn Beck, and these are not confirmed yet, that FEMA came into Chimney Rock yesterday and met with town council and said that they are going to bulldoze the whole town, bodies included, and that the Federal Government is going to take the land.

Now any reasonable person would say they can't do that, but there are some executive orders on the books granting FEMA powers like that. Again, this has not been confirmed, but it would not surprise me at all. Your government hates you.

Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Bas2020
Heard from a college buddy that they are out of "body bags". This is a week in.

Most of all the rescue missions have been from private citizens.

One of the guys that donated his helicopter is a big NC State athletic donor. He owns National Coatings. Big athletic supporter, and NIL etc.

Kudos to him.
TheStorm
DrummerboyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

More reports on this...

Just heard some reports on Glenn Beck, and these are not confirmed yet, that FEMA came into Chimney Rock yesterday and met with town council and said that they are going to bulldoze the whole town, bodies included, and that the Federal Government is going to take the land.

Now any reasonable person would say they can't do that, but there are some executive orders on the books granting FEMA powers like that. Again, this has not been confirmed, but it would not surprise me at all. Your government hates you.

Same thing happened after Florence. Not going to let people build back in an area where flooding is likely to occur again. Now there's compensation for that though, but I have no idea if it's anywhere close to a fair market value or not.
GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/DAqfe_2xLTK
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Oldsouljer
TheStorm said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

More reports on this...

Same thing happened after Florence. Not going to let people build back in an area where flooding is likely to occur again. Now there's compensation for that though, but I have no idea if it's anywhere close to a fair market value or not.
Sure, but does this rationale hold water given that this was supposed to be a once-in-a-thousand year event? Not sharpshooting, it's a serious question.
DrummerboyWolf
Here is Congressman Cory Mills from Florida, who is a former Green Beret, on with Fox Business. He talks about the rescue and help efforts he is helping with in North Carolina. He says at the end that the Federal Government and FEMA is no where to be seen.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/video/6362736271112
GuerrillaPack
Congressman Cory Mills has been on the ground in western NC over the past several days helping deliver supplies and conduct rescue operations, and he says he is yet to see anyone from FEMA out there actually helping the people:

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
Sorry Drummer…didn't see your post until after I just posted.
DrummerboyWolf
GuerrillaPack said:

Sorry Drummer…didn't see your post until after I just posted.
No worries. Yours connects right to the video.
ncsupack1
Oldsouljer said:

TheStorm said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

More reports on this...

Sure, but does this rationale hold water given that this was supposed to be a once-in-a-thousand year event? Not sharpshooting, it's a serious question.

There is a lot more that goes into things like this. One, how stable is the existing land surrounding the area? Like can one build in the area and so if it is feasible? Just throwing out some stuff that could be in play. This was a horrible event and simply flipping a switch isn't that easy.
I didn't hear the interview so not sure what else was said.
Ncsufist
Oldsouljer said:

Ncsufist said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Werewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Isn't this nice. The Biden-Harris administration is offering a whopping $750 for the victims of Hurricane Helene. Impressive leadership right here.

https://thepostmillennial.com/biden-harris-admin-offers-750-each-to-victims-devastated-by-hurricane-helene?utm_campaign=64483
Maybe you could have a chat with House Republicans... they're the ones that just refused to fund FEMA even as the hurricane was heading toward the coast.
Such an imbecile!

Uh huh. Local communities were begging for that money from FEMA to help them manage the influx of migrants. Instead of bawling about funding FEMA, maybe House Republicans should hem.have passed the f'ing border bill, instead of deciding to keep the border broken so Trump could whine about it during his campaign.

Why is fema funding that? Thats not a bloody emergency situation. Houses destroyed by a hurricane is an emergency situation.
You're asking him to think. That won't work. He couldn't possibly know or accept that Cooper followed the Stafford Act on September 27th, but Biden-Harris only greenlighted that request yesterday, or that military pilots are sitting around Asheville and not flying because they're awaiting specific authorization to go look for victims, and that only 8 choppers from Bragg were initially on site when Bragg has over a hundred of them.

Don't even get me on XVIII airborne corps. Man they've had soldiers whose family lives in wnc and they've been denying leave to soldiers to go take care of family. Or to check on them. Move them to fayettenam. Nothing. They've had the aviation brigade on standby since day 1. Prepped everything to go. And then told them they are now on standby for the Middle East. With the orders finally for them to assist I haven't heard how many regular army birds are assisting. The nasty girls have killing it transporting stuff but haven't heard anything about them doing sar. I know they've gotta been doing it but not a whole lot of pics and videos out there.
Ncsufist
TheStorm said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

More reports on this...

Eminent domain requires compensation at fair market value. Though I can see them going the flood risk lowers the value to this.
GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/DAqwQNipSnD

Quote:

It's just disgusting. Enough of this insanity. FEMA is almost out of money to help with Federal Emergencies (you know the FE in FEMA) because they spent almost $1,000,000,000 helping illegal immigrants over the last two years.
SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

Smapty is a Yankee Dem. He cares nothing about those in the NC mountains. He only cares about defending his cult. I suggest putting that piece of garbage on ignore.
A close friend of mine is in Asheville as we speak, coordinating with other locals and driving down to SC for supply runs for people in desperate need. Two days ago I personally venmo'd him 10 GRAND for their efforts.

So what have YOU done for those in the NC mountains? Aside from spreading bullsh** conspiracies about how the Dems have abandoned them, which does nothing but stress everyone out, I'm assuming not much.

Go fu** yourself.
GuerrillaPack
One Swannanoa woman's story...trapped inside her house for 8 hours with the flood waters about 6 foot high inside the house.

DrummerboyWolf
GuerrillaPack said:

One Swannanoa woman's story...trapped inside her house for 8 hours with the flood waters about 6 foot high inside the house.

Glad she and her soon to be baby and the dog made it out. At least some heartwarming stories amongst all the tragedy.
TheStorm
Oldsouljer said:

TheStorm said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

More reports on this...

Man, all I'm telling you is that after Florence they didn't let people build back in places that had been rebuilt before, after events like Floyd and Fran for example. I know of multiple first hand accounts, so it's not just another rumor either.
wolf howl
Bas2020 said:

Heard from a college buddy that they are out of "body bags". This is a week in.

Most of all the rescue missions have been from private citizens.

One of the guys that donated his helicopter is a big NC State athletic donor. He owns National Coatings. Big athletic supporter, and NIL etc.

Kudos to him.
This is disturbingly true. Every day, sometimes multiple times a day, the "wish list" of items that are in desperate need now is updated and this morning's list included body bags for the first time.

Wonder if the poster that wanted pictures of dead bodies earlier in this thread feels this is enough evidence or would he like to drive some body bags up there and make himself useful?
TheStorm
Ncsufist said:

TheStorm said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

More reports on this...

Eminent domain requires compensation at fair market value. Though I can see them going the flood risk lowers the value to this.
Yeah, I think the fair market value was based upon the new use and not what was there before... I won't swear to it though, but I can certainly find out - I have a client right now that had that happen to them after Florence.
Civilized
DrummerboyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

More reports on this...

Any reasonable person wouldn't even get that far.

It's obviously fake news.
Oldsouljer
Ncsufist said:

TheStorm said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

More reports on this...

And if there's a gigantic lithium deposit under what used to be the town?
Ncsufist
Oldsouljer said:

Ncsufist said:

TheStorm said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

More reports on this...

And if there's a gigantic lithium deposit under what used to be the town?

Lowers the value of the house even more cause of all the pollution and radiation.
DrummerboyWolf
A volunteer helicopter pilot from South Carolina, was threatened with arrest as he was trying to rescue people in North Carolina. The FAA has put up restrictions on private flights.

https://thepostmillennial.com/firefighter-threatened-with-arrest-in-nc-after-using-own-helicopter-to-rescue-hurricane-victims-as-biden-harris-admin-restricts-private-flights-drones-over-affected-areas?utm_campaign=64483
Ncsufist
Faa has put up a notam shutting down the air around wnc except for state and federal approved flights. I'm hearing that they are not approving privately owned aircraft performing any flights to include any disaster relief type stuff.
Oldsouljer
Ncsufist said:

Faa has put up a notam shutting down the air around wnc except for state and federal approved flights. I'm hearing that they are not approving privately owned aircraft performing any flights to include any disaster relief type stuff.
Typical. Won't deliver enough help and shut down anyone else who tries. It's like they're trying to put a media blackout in place.
GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/DArJMnvSHc2
DrummerboyWolf
Oldsouljer said:

Ncsufist said:

Typical. Won't deliver enough help and shut down anyone else who tries. It's like they're trying to put a media blackout in place.
I bet Cory Mills and his group will fly in there. This is just complete BS. Had they used the military assets just in the state of NC, I could see them doing this, but so far no response from FEMA or the military. We are on DAY 7 of people needing help and the Feds are stopping it.
DrummerboyWolf
Mayor Pete restricting drones too. Brian Kemp is not happy with the response and shouldn't be.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/mayor-pete-orders-citizens-to-stop-using-drones-to-find-stranded-victims-as-feds-fumble-hurricane-response
Ncsufist
DrummerboyWolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Ncsufist said:

I bet Cory Mills and his group will fly in there. This is just complete BS. Had they used the military assets just in the state of NC, I could see them doing this, but so far no response from FEMA or the military. We are on DAY 7 of people needing help and the Feds are stopping it.

Supposedly they are waiting for Nc officials to give them missions. Have heard that they are basically sitting around and waiting again.
ncsupack1
Wild. This was today.

ncsupack1
ncsupack1
packgrad
Damn.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.