Paris Olympics

2,960 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by Glasswolf
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

I made the mistake of watching some of this women's basketball final, because nothing else is going on. This is HORRENDOUS basketball - tons of TERRIBLE turnovers, both teams shooting about 20%, a foul on almost every possession. The US have twice as many turnovers in the first half than field goals. They even miss about 70% of layup and point blank shot attempts. It's like watching middle school girls play basketball.
You can thank the FIBA officials for the fouls which also attributed to a lot of the missed layups. TO's were a huge issue. Still won Gold. That's all that matters.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
The Men's and Women's Basketball teams are at a crossroads. The teams have some age on them. Who's going to carry the torch in 2028 and beyond?

Packchem91
As they wind down, I think these Paris Olympics have been very entertaining. Made me think back on the top Olympic moments. For those under 35 or so, your view of sports is so much more an every day / all day part of your life that us older folks didn't have in the 70s/80s. Then, the Olympics were huge events and my family was glued to the TV.
My top 3

1) Do you believe in miracles? Not only the top Olympic moment, but really top sports moment. Given the world events and the fact at that point we really still had such a limited view of sports with only the three networks

2) Muhammad Ali coming out to be the final torch bearer in Atlanta. The biggest athlete of the last 50+ years. If him standing there with his arm raised as his other shook with Parkinson's, then you have no heart

3) Michael Johnson - the gold shoes and unique running style in Atlanta.

Honorable mention: Mary Lou retton at the 84 games in LA. She was America's sweetheart for a while

I'm not a big pro basketball in the Olympics fan, so while I get some loved the Dream Team, it's never been a big moment for me

Glasswolf
Packchem91 said:

As they wind down, I think these Paris Olympics have been very entertaining. Made me think back on the top Olympic moments. For those under 35 or so, your view of sports is so much more an every day / all day part of your life that us older folks didn't have in the 70s/80s. Then, the Olympics were huge events and my family was glued to the TV.
My top 3

1) Do you believe in miracles? Not only the top Olympic moment, but really top sports moment. Given the world events and the fact at that point we really still had such a limited view of sports with only the three networks

2) Muhammad Ali coming out to be the final torch bearer in Atlanta. The biggest athlete of the last 50+ years. If him standing there with his arm raised as his other shook with Parkinson's, then you have no heart

Honorable mention: Mary Lou retton at the 84 games in LA. She was America's sweetheart for a while

I'm not a big pro basketball in the Olympics fan, so while I get some loved the Dream Team, it's never been a big moment for me

All great choices. I have to add the entire 1972 Olympics from Munich. I was a wide eyed 12 year old. Already hooked on NC State Basketball and Tom Burleson was on the Olympic team. Then the hostage situation was up there in coverage along with Vietnam. #1 is the 1980 Hockey Team no doubt.

WarrenPeace
Packchem91 said:

My top 3

Got to have Michael Phelps somewhere. That dude is the best ever to do it.
GuerrillaPack
Thinking ahead to the Los Angeles Olympics in 2028...

How will L.A. top the Paris opening ceremony with a bearded drag queen with blue body paint and other transgender freaks openly attacking Christianity and mocking Jesus and the apostles?

Hollywood with all of the Luciferian Illuminati minions are right there. They have to up the ante. Maybe they can get a bunch of drag queens and Hollywood celebrities to conduct a Satanic black mass and then perform a live abortion or a ritual human sacrifice, and openly dedicate the Olympics to Lucifer.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Glasswolf
I hope Snoop is involved what ever they do! Looking forward to LA.

caryking
Glasswolf said:

Glass, no offense; however, I'm hoping we move on…. I'm blown away at how mainstream Snoop has become.
Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

If he is alive, I'm sure he will be. Everyone loves him, and he's iconic LA.

The closing with the Cali performers was pretty strong
Glasswolf
caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

Glass, no offense; however, I'm hoping we move on…. I'm blown away at how mainstream Snoop has become.
Honestly I've not sure I've ever heard one of his songs lol. I just find him entertaining. His badminton commentary was classic

ETA: Now I've heard a Snoop song.

Glasswolf
Just now watching the hand off to LA. No clue who is singing the National Anthem but she did a very good job. Meaning she didn't butcher it.

Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

Just now watching the hand off to LA. No clue who is singing the National Anthem but she did a very good job. Meaning she didn't butcher it.

That was HER. And she should be added to the rotation of "performers who should be allowed to sing the National Anthem in a big event. That was really strong
Packchem91
WarrenPeace said:

Packchem91 said:

My top 3

Got to have Michael Phelps somewhere. That dude is the best ever to do it.

I hear you. He may have had the single greatest Olympics by an individual (I think it's clear he IS the greatest individual Olympian of all time).
But his was over a week plus. The things I chose were single events or just a couple of short running races

That said, Phelps would be a very easy choice to add to the top moments, for sure

(Carl Lewis in LA 84 probably warrants mention too )

TheStorm
Flo Jo in '88. Not Top 3, but at the time it happened... wow.

Usain Bolt.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Usain Bolt.

There is something fascinating about fast runners. I though Lyles this year was fascinating, and you are right about Bolt
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Usain Bolt.

There is something fascinating about fast runners. I though Lyles this year was fascinating, and you are right about Bolt
Can I add Valeriy Borzov* just for GP?

(*you may have to Google that one, Chem - but Glass will know who I'm talking about)
Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Usain Bolt.

Can I add Valeriy Borzov* just for GP?

(*you may have to Google that one, Chem - but Glass will know who I'm talking about)
Scary thing is I actually do lol.

I know he was juiced but at the time Ben Johnson could pick them up and put them down lol

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.