2024 Elections

269,216 Views | 3365 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by BobbyCox95
SmaptyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BobbyCox95 said:

Of the dozens of graphs I've seen that are very telling, the one you posted is the only one that I've seen that has a note like that. Not sure how much I believe it but whatever. My last point to this is that after Trumps spike in '19, the numbers starting dropping sharply starting in the Summer of '19. Don't think any of that can be attributed to COVID. It actually bottomed out before things shut down because of COVID

Look at the link that you posted. To the right of your graph are "Supplementary notes" which say the exact same thing. The data for all of these graphs comes from the same place.

Everything before March 2020 on your graphs are apples, everything after are oranges. Of course I'm shocked that Fox News would be so tricky.
BobbyCox95
SmaptyWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

Of the dozens of graphs I've seen that are very telling, the one you posted is the only one that I've seen that has a note like that. Not sure how much I believe it but whatever. My last point to this is that after Trumps spike in '19, the numbers starting dropping sharply starting in the Summer of '19. Don't think any of that can be attributed to COVID. It actually bottomed out before things shut down because of COVID

Look at the link that you posted. To the right of your graph are "Supplementary notes" which say the exact same thing. The data for all of these graphs comes from the same place.

Everything before March 2020 on your graphs are apples, everything after are oranges. Of course I'm shocked that Fox News would be so tricky.
I think you're trying to get off on a technicality here. I see the comment you are referring to but this graph is combining apprehensions AND expulsions. Count them separate or combine them and call them "encounters" if you like but this graph covers both. The wording doesn't change the fact that the numbers have skyrocketed in the past 4 years. Biden and Harris haven't even addressed the situation other than to cancel all the Trump executive orders until this year

SmaptyWolf
BobbyCox95 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

I think you're trying to get off on a technicality here. I see the comment you are referring to but this graph is combining apprehensions AND expulsions. Count them separate or combine them and call them "encounters" if you like but this graph covers both. The wording doesn't change the fact that the numbers have skyrocketed in the past 4 years. Biden and Harris haven't even addressed the situation other than to cancel all the Trump executive orders until this year

No it doesn't, but ok. I think you guys are happy to misinterpret what is clearly messy data.

It's interesting that after March 2020 (when Title 42 went into effect and they changed their "encounters" reporting) Trump's data immediately starts shooting straight up. Sure looks he was heading for the same place, doesn't it?
BobbyCox95
SmaptyWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

No it doesn't, but ok. I think you guys are happy to misinterpret what is clearly messy data.

It's interesting that after March 2020 (when Title 42 went into effect and they changed their "encounters" reporting) Trump's data immediately starts shooting straight up. Sure looks he was heading for the same place, doesn't it?
You keep fighting the good fight sir. I'm not ever going to persuade you of anything and you certainly aren't to persuade me either. I think Kamala's ideas on most things are dangerous and I'm gonna be voting for Trump.
SmaptyWolf
BobbyCox95 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

You keep fighting the good fight sir. I'm not ever going to persuade you of anything and you certainly aren't to persuade me either. I think Kamala's ideas on most things are dangerous and I'm gonna be voting for Trump.
Oh, after your "he's the spawn of Satan but I'm voting for him anyway" post at the beginning I don't think there was ever a question who you'll be voting for. People that have been led down that kind of rabbit hole rarely come back. Our conversation was more for the benefit of other folks.

Take care!
BobbyCox95
"People that have been led down that kind of rabbit hole rarely come back."

Likewise

Again, I vote for policy and country rather than let my emotions get in the way. I don't care much about a persons flaws if they are going to push an agenda I support. I could never vote for someone I fundamentally disagree with on policy just because the other guy Tweets mean things.

You take care as well!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.