2024 Elections

251,949 Views | 3241 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by packofwolves
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

packofwolves said:

Dems desperately want non-citizens to vote.

And this is just another example of why people question the integrity of elections! Pubs work to ensure that elections are free and open to all who can legally vote. Dems look for the opportunity to circumvent the election process. Another example is chair of Moore County Dem Party who was arrested for removing Pub campaign signs. Yet, Republicans are a threat to Democracy!?!

You'd have more traction with this fake argument if either

a) There had ever been a problem with election security in this country, or
b) Republicans didn't have a miles-long track record of trying to suppress votes of college students, poorer Americans, and people of color

Also, what is fake about argument? Facts are facts. As far as voter suppression, the Democrats of post reconstruction especially in the South historically made it their goal to suppress voting. Of course, the demographics of the party have now changed but instead of denying the vote they are trying to make every one eligible to vote in the blink of a eye instead of going through the due process that has worked for centuries. And, America's process of citizenship is much more lenient than most countries of the free world.

Facts are facts. Agreed.

And you have no facts that support consequential election fraud occurring in America.

How do you reconcile that conflict?
80 Million plus votes…. That's very consequential!

You're proving my point.
Werewolf
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

packofwolves said:

And this is just another example of why people question the integrity of elections! Pubs work to ensure that elections are free and open to all who can legally vote. Dems look for the opportunity to circumvent the election process. Another example is chair of Moore County Dem Party who was arrested for removing Pub campaign signs. Yet, Republicans are a threat to Democracy!?!

b) Republicans didn't have a miles-long track record of trying to suppress votes of college students, poorer Americans, and people of color

Also, what is fake about argument? Facts are facts. As far as voter suppression, the Democrats of post reconstruction especially in the South historically made it their goal to suppress voting. Of course, the demographics of the party have now changed but instead of denying the vote they are trying to make every one eligible to vote in the blink of a eye instead of going through the due process that has worked for centuries. And, America's process of citizenship is much more lenient than most countries of the free world.

Facts are facts. Agreed.

And you have no facts that support consequential election fraud occurring in America.

You're proving my point.
Impressive #Sieve, we agree. BIden with the largest vote total in American history........all from his basement. Of course, they all just simply hate Trump. Yep, that's it, they all hate Trump.
Werewolf
#Sieve, #Nappy, or any of the #drunken sunburnt sheeple that just woke up out in the rightfield stands, care to explain to the rest of us how this guy is wrong?

How does this guy misunderstand our current state of affairs? #Sieve, you've got the floor, buddy.

SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

#Sieve, #Nappy, or any of the #drunken sunburnt sheeple that just woke up out in the rightfield stands, care to explain to the rest of us how this guy is wrong?

How does this guy misunderstand our current state of affairs? #Sieve, you've got the floor, buddy.

Because most people don't understand how economics works. We had a huge spike of inflation, caused by two things:

1) The pandemic crushing the supply chain
2) The CARES Act that shoveled money into everyone's pockets during 9000% pandemic unemployment (which had to be done to prevent a full on depression, but at the cost of inflation a year later).

Of course those things happened under Trump, but the resulting inflation didn't kick in until just after Biden got in office. So guess who gets the blame?

In summary, people are stupid. But that's how politics works. Oh, and of course immigrant scaremongering is an evergreen issue for demonic politicians…. people have been falling for that one since the dawn of the country.

Any other questions?
Werewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

Werewolf said:

Because most people don't understand how economics works. We had a huge spike of inflation, caused by two things:

2) The CARES Act that shoveled money into everyone's pockets during 9000% pandemic unemployment (which had to be done to prevent a full on depression, but at the cost of inflation a year later).

Of course those things happened under Trump, but the resulting inflation didn't kick in until just after Biden got in office. So guess who gets the blame?

In summary, people are stupid. But that's how politics works. Oh, and of course immigrant scaremongering is an evergreen issue for demonic politicians…. people have been falling for that one since the dawn of the country.
So this guy is "stupid" just like "most people", right?

You, #Sieve and the three sunburnt sheeple here who just woke up in the right field bleacher are the smart ones........ok, I guess that must be it.. ;-)
Werewolf
#TRUTH! ...............and I, for one, could be much, much better on his #4 and his #5.

Werewolf
I agree with Trump's policy plan for the death penalty for pedophilia and other horrific acts of child abuse. How about you #Sieve, #Nappy, #Grantnut or even the three sunburnt drunks who just woke up in the 8th inning way out there in the rightfield bleachers?

YES or NO: Death Penalty for Pedophiles and Child Traffickers SIeve? Nappy?

SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Werewolf said:

You, #Sieve and the three sunburnt sheeple here who just woke up in the right field bleacher are the smart ones........ok, I guess that must be it.. ;-)
If he said something smart I missed it. But if he wants to throw his lot in with the "they're poisoning the blood of our country" folks then God speed. I'm sure that will work out well for him.
Werewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

Werewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Werewolf said:

If he said something smart I missed it. But if he wants to throw his lot in with the "they're poisoning the blood of our country" folks then God speed. I'm sure that will work out well for him.
You are true to form, you are definitely "you".
Gulfstream4
SmaptyWolf said:

Werewolf said:

Any other questions?

LOL
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

packofwolves said:

Facts are facts. Agreed.

You're proving my point.
Actually, I'm proving your opinion. I know, I know… show me one case where election fraud was won…. Civ, honestly, I shouldn't even have made my post. It really isn't important anymore. That election is over and we have a new one soon.

I've only heard people, with my perspective say the following:

We want to count all legal votes and let the chips fall where they do…. We should work to make sure that becomes the truth. You and I may disagree on US Citizens voting criteria (ID or something); however, I'm confident we both want legal elections…
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

packofwolves said:

Facts are facts. Agreed.

You're proving my point.
Actually, I'm proving your opinion. I know, I know… show me one case where election fraud was won…. Civ, honestly, I shouldn't even have made my post. It really isn't important anymore. That election is over and we have a new one soon.

We want to count all legal votes and let the chips fall where they do…. We should work to make sure that becomes the truth. You and I may disagree on US Citizens voting criteria (ID or something); however, I'm confident we both want legal elections…

I've long said I think needing ID is for made-up reasons but please go ahead and do it because then we won't have to hear about fake election insecurity anymore. Just figure out a way to put a federal ID card in everyone's hands that doesn't disenfranchise voters.

You're right, I want legal elections so I'm very glad we have them already and always have!
packgrad
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

packofwolves said:

Facts are facts. Agreed.

You're proving my point.

I've long said I think needing ID is for made-up reasons but please go ahead and do it because then we won't have to hear about fake election insecurity anymore. Just figure out a way to put a federal ID card in everyone's hands that doesn't disenfranchise voters.

You're right, I want legal elections so I'm very glad we have them already and always have!

I know many democrats. None like you. I can't imagine what kind of woke cuck thinks an ID "disenfranchises voters"
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

packofwolves said:

Facts are facts. Agreed.

You're proving my point.

No, you want to have the elections audited 50 different times, have all "challenges" laughed out of court, and THEN ignore all of that and claim fraud anyway.

You seem to keep missing how Trump has already told you there was fraud before the election even happens. There isn't a scenario where you won't claim fraud, even if he wins.
packgrad
Amen

hokiewolf
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

packofwolves said:

Facts are facts. Agreed.

You're proving my point.

what percentage of voters do you think don't have an id? I think it hovers right around 0% because you need a form of ID to get other benefits from the govt, let alone cable and internet, which everyone who could potentially be dispensers to get those services as well as beer, wine, and cigarettes.

I understand I. The 90s, sure voter ID would be an issue. But not in 2024. It's a tired argument.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

packofwolves said:

Facts are facts. Agreed.

You're proving my point.

what percentage of voters do you think don't have an id? I think it hovers right around 0% because you need a form of ID to get other benefits from the govt, let alone cable and internet, which everyone who could potentially be dispensers to get those services as well as beer, wine, and cigarettes.

I understand I. The 90s, sure voter ID would be an issue. But not in 2024. It's a tired argument.
Next, we need to get voter roles cleaned to only have US Citizens. It's being reported (I think California) that illegals are getting ID's for various services. So, having an ID is just the beginning.

Why do you think Dems and their lawyer acolytes continue to fight every voter role clean-up. Listen, I want these clean-ups to be accurately done as I don't want my name scrubbed from the rolls. We should all work together to make sure they are accurate. If not, at some point, the Pubs will start to use the voter rolls in their favor by ballet harvesting bad names. When they do, it will become the Dems stomping ground.
Oldsouljer
Big victory for election integrity in Michigan. Court ruled that Detroit election commission must follow the law and hire an equal number of Republican poll workers.
Civilized
hokiewolf said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

packofwolves said:

Facts are facts. Agreed.

You're proving my point.

Not very egalitarian of you, hokie. Not very empirical, either.

The numbers you always see when this is studied is that between 3% and 11% of eligible voters in this country don't have ID that meets strict voter ID laws.

The last presidency was decided by 0.3%; 0.24%; and 0.63% in key swing states in Arizona, Georgia, and Wisconsin.

What percentage of voters not having an ID, or having ID's unreasonably deemed unacceptable (college students) do you think is a tolerable prospective quelling of turnout?

We're super comfortable with the reality of 3% - 11% of voters not having requisite ID, with swing-state margins that decide presidencies being well under 1%?

The problem here is threefold - voter ID laws impact a statistically meaningful subset of America; the demographics they disproportionately impact are minority; and the premise of requiring strict voter ID is to combat an alleged problem - voter impersonation - that is vanishingly rare.

Quote:

Another 10 studies GAO reviewed showed mixed effects of various forms of state voter ID requirements on turnout. All 10 studies examined general elections before 2008, and 1 of the 10 studies also included the 2004 through 2012 general elections. Five of these 10 studies found that ID requirements had no statistically significant effect on turnout; in contrast 4 studies found decreases in turnout and 1 found an increase in turnout that were statistically significant.

Issues Related to Voter ID Laws

Here's one from your jam, Reason:

Do Voter ID Laws Suppress Democratic Votes

and the study it cites:

Who benefits from voter ID laws?

The study cited by Reason brings up an interesting prospective confounder - the actual negative impact of voter ID laws may be mostly or fully offset by campaigning against them to turn out the vote in areas with stricter ID laws.

But as a democratic society disenfranchising voters is an intolerable outcome. We can't be cavalier or anecdotal or worst case scenario - maliciously supportive - about cooling voter turnout.

So again - just put a federal ID card in people's hands and then we're all sure there's no problem. Everybody's got ID which will appease both the anti-disenfranchisement crowd, and the voter impersonation crowd can stop complaining about a fake problem.

packgrad
SexualChocolate
Presidential betting odds as of 10/14

Bet 365

Donald Trump: -138
Kamala Harris: +110
Sign-up for Your Vote: Text with the USA TODAY elections team.

via Covers.com

Bovada

Donald Trump: -135
Kamala Harris: +115
BetOnline

Donald Trump: -140
Kamala Harris: +120
Oddschecker

Donald Trump: -120
Kamala Harris: +125

Trump has taken over the betting market lead.
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

packofwolves said:

Civ, I know this is small potatoes; however, I think its distasteful…

On my route to work, we have a large Trump sign sitting there. Somebody put a Harris sign right in front of it. Poor taste. Then, somebody moved the Harris sign and spray painted all over it. Poor taste.

I can get into who started this or we can say it's all crap…

If we're all agreeing that stealing or defacing signs is dumb, yes, agreed.

I also think that issue is a relative non-issue compared to "election security"/voter disenfranchisement.
Well, the Trump sign is down this morning, torn into pieces, and left on the ground. The Harris sign wasn't to be found.

I think what I'm trying to say is the temperature in our elections has reached a new high. I don't think this genie is going to be put back in the bottle anytime soon...
Werewolf
packgrad said:

Good to see and fully expected. These guys are dealing with the bad guys from across the border and also the bad guys running our federal, state and local govts.
Werewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

Werewolf said:

Any other questions?
How about these people? Stupid, or simply uniformed?

Werewolf
#Sieve, what's he got in his belt? Dollar bills .......or $3 dollar bills? LOL

#Nappy, whatcha think about the cute little spin dance he's got going on?

Oldsouljer
packgrad said:

Gulfstream4
packgrad said:

Shocking….
caryking
Gulfstream4 said:

packgrad said:

Shocking….

But, does the US Border Patrol personnel back Trump? My hunch says yes!
Gulfstream4
caryking said:

Gulfstream4 said:

packgrad said:

Shocking….

But, does the US Border Patrol personnel back Trump? My hunch says yes!

I'm going out on a limb but I say yes?
Bas2020
kamala is losing
Oldsouljer
Bas2020 said:

kamala is losing
Increasingly, everyone knows it and so now, things get dangerous. For Trump physically, for the country as a country. He's nearing "too big to rig" and if they try, it will be sufficiently obvious that folks will start wondering about 2020 who didn't wonder about it before…and potentially rip the country apart.
Werewolf
Correcto-mundo

It's not close!

Anything could happen, lobbing nuclear tipped missles, for instance. Burn it down rather than give it up …
Civilized
Bas2020 said:

kamala is losing

By how much?
packofwolves
Notice Dems fight any actions to help ensure the integrity of elections. The latest is fighting Georgia's added process to validate the vote counts.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/distrust-chaos-georgia-dems-gop-battle-over-new-ballot-rule-early-voting-kicks-off

Democrats are in the midst of suing Georgia's State Election Board over a recently passed rule that would require all votes be counted by hand in each county after they are machine-tabulated to ensure the totals match.

Rep. Nikema Williams, D-Ga., chairwoman of the Georgia Democratic Party, told Fox News Digital earlier this month that the new rule's intent was "to sow division and distrust and chaos in our election process."
Civilized
packofwolves said:

Notice Dems fight any actions to help ensure the integrity of elections. The latest is fighting Georgia's added process to validate the vote counts.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/distrust-chaos-georgia-dems-gop-battle-over-new-ballot-rule-early-voting-kicks-off

Democrats are in the midst of suing Georgia's State Election Board over a recently passed rule that would require all votes be counted by hand in each county after they are machine-tabulated to ensure the totals match.

Rep. Nikema Williams, D-Ga., chairwoman of the Georgia Democratic Party, told Fox News Digital earlier this month that the new rule's intent was "to sow division and distrust and chaos in our election process."

If you want to disagree with her, then tell us what the new rule's intent actually is.

Because our elections already have as much or more integrity than any country in the world.

This election security bull**** would be like if the president had 150 million dollars in the bank and reconciled his checkbook down to a rounding error year after year after year.

But then inexplicably he came out one year and started lambasting the banking industry left and right and claimed his money isn't safe in banks and caused massive public distrust in the banking industry and encouraged legislators to get legislation passed "just to make sure the banking industry is safe."

We'd all think that was wacky as ****, and clearly counterproductive to drum up significant public distrust in banking even though our banks are as good or better than banks anywhere.

That's what Trump has done with elections. He's infected the brains of tens of millions of Americans because he's a child that can't stand to lose.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.