2024 Elections

69,454 Views | 1432 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by caryking
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

This is who some of you think is a great representative

Who? Please list the posters that have ever said they support her.

I think your nose is growing again.

This is who MAGA is electing to office. So the majority of people who post here support MTG because she takes the fight to the democrats. Even if it costs the Republicans seats. Losing is the new winning for populist Republicans.
I could be considered "MAGA" and cannot stand her.

Bill Barr was so good this week when he spoke on cnn of why he was voting Trump and for Republican ticket, even after they read the tweet from Trump mocking him. It's a binary decision. These fake republicans and pretindependents that vote 3rd party or for Biden are voting based on their derangement, not on what is best for the country. There literally is no decision here if you have any conservative values.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Actually, this bill is so wrong. Hate Speech is protected speech whether we like it or not! I applaud MJG any others that votes against this bill!

Who here says they are a constitutionalist and supports this bill needs to read and study more…
That would be great if that was the actual reason why she decided to vote against it but it wasn't.
Ok, please tell us what your crystal ball is saying…
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Actually, this bill is so wrong. Hate Speech is protected speech whether we like it or not! I applaud MJG any others that votes against this bill!

Who here says they are a constitutionalist and supports this bill needs to read and study more…
That would be great if that was the actual reason why she decided to vote against it but it wasn't.
watch the video, she tells you why she didn't vote for the bill. It had nothing to do with the constitution and had everything to do with an antisemitic trope
packgrad
Watch the video. Joe Biden's America.

Werewolf
#Gobbler, I like MJT and I like this guy too. He's concerned our positioning on a newly constructed pier will land us in a shooting war. Kinda like surrounding Russia w NATO troops on the ground in Ukraine. Hey, but you'll get your wish..........a F'n world war. You gotta be getting excited about the prospects of this. Who's son or daughter should we send?

TheStorm
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

This is who MAGA is electing to office. So the majority of people who post here support MTG because she takes the fight to the democrats. Even if it costs the Republicans seats. Losing is the new winning for populist Republicans.
I don't support any member of congress that yells out and interrupts the President during a "State of the Union" address... I don't care who it is.
ncsupack1
Saying that all republicans support MTG is about the same as saying that all Democrats support AOC. These fringe people are a product of gerrymandering.
Werewolf
TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

I don't support any member of congress that yells out and interrupts the President during a "State of the Union" address... I don't care who it is.
A Congress that represents you? You really think the Capitol halls remain hallowed halls? Most in Congress are corrupt and have sold you, me and the rest here OUT.

Congress no longer serves the American people or does it appear to you that they do?

caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

watch the video, she tells you why she didn't vote for the bill. It had nothing to do with the constitution and had everything to do with an antisemitic trope
I did and furthermore saw an interview with her. She absolutely doesn't like it for free speech reason. She also list other reason, in a real world scenario, where's it's a bad bill.

Perhaps, you should watch more news…
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

I did and furthermore saw an interview with her. She absolutely doesn't like it for free speech reason. She also list other reason, in a real world scenario, where's it's a bad bill.

I don't need her to inform me of that, my gut says STHA from the western side of "the Fertile Crescent" and let the Israelis police the area.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

I don't need her to inform me of that, my gut says STHA from the western side of "the Fertile Crescent" and let the Israelis police the area.
And… the other hated Republican, in Congress. I believe he is spot on…

hokiewolf
Now see, that's how you respond to a bill you are voting against. You don't go and make a stupid statement like she did to justify your position.

Like I've said before, Gaetz is a very smart individual, MTG is not. I wish Gaetz would spend more time with his head down doing work and understanding where the party is at at the moment and ease up on his maximalist stance on legislation brought forward to vote that he and the other bomb throwers have consistently killed because they aren't perfect.

Well guess what? That has created more liberal bills passed then what was originally negotiated. The stance that Gaetz takes that it's better to lose then take the win you can get is why the Republicans will lose seats in this election.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Lol, except the whole "The Jews killed Jesus!" thing is a bunch of anti-Semitic crap.

A few fun facts:
  • Jesus WAS a Jew. Did he kill himself?
  • Does "Pontius Pilate", the guy who ordered the execution, sound like a Jewish name?
  • The cross was a Roman execution device, not a Jewish one. The Romans are the ones who did the nailing.
  • Jesus intentionally riled up the local leaders, creating friction and ultimately angering the Romans, because he WANTED TO BE EXECUTED. It was HIS IDEA.

So for the folks like Gaetz who still peddle this crap, is he wishing that Jesus hadn't died on the cross? And he's still really mad at "The Jews" for doing that to him? Or do you think he just likes pretending he's mad at "The Jews" for some reason?
Civilized
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

You believe he's spot on that there is zero controversy about the Jews being responsible for killing Jesus?

The Catholic Church, lots of interpretations of the New Testament, and many biblical scholars disagree.
packgrad
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

You believe he's spot on that there is zero controversy about the Jews being responsible for killing Jesus?

The Catholic Church, lots of interpretations of the New Testament, and many biblical scholars disagree.

Like usual, lefties misrepresenting what is said to call someone an ist ism itic. He said portions of the Bible would be deemed "antisemitic" under this bill, for which he is spot on. He even posted specifically which parts he was talking about.

caryking
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Like usual, lefties misrepresenting what is said to call someone an ist ism itic. He said portions of the Bible would be deemed "antisemitic" under this bill, for which he is spot on. He even posted specifically which parts he was talking about.

They don't get it, including Hokie. I'm not even sure these people spend a day, in Church, learning the word...
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Now see, that's how you respond to a bill you are voting against. You don't go and make a stupid statement like she did to justify your position.

Like I've said before, Gaetz is a very smart individual, MTG is not. I wish Gaetz would spend more time with his head down doing work and understanding where the party is at at the moment and ease up on his maximalist stance on legislation brought forward to vote that he and the other bomb throwers have consistently killed because they aren't perfect.

Well guess what? That has created more liberal bills passed then what was originally negotiated. The stance that Gaetz takes that it's better to lose then take the win you can get is why the Republicans will lose seats in this election.
Hokie, what is right about this bill that would allow you to vote for it?
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

I don't think the Catholic Church holds the authority on the Bible. oh... I married a Catholic...
TheStorm
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

I don't think the Catholic Church holds the authority on the Bible. oh... I married a Catholic...
I grew up as a Catholic, and at no time was I ever taught - or was it suggested to me - that I should hate those that believe something different than I did (and still do, I'm just married into another Christian denomination)... just more fear mongering from the left.

Honestly, it's all they have anymore.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

They don't get it, including Hokie. I'm not even sure these people spend a day, in Church, learning the word...

Lol, yes, you and Gaetz have clearly spent a lot of time in Church learning the word. Sometimes you both sound so much like Jesus it brings a tear to my eye.
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

So by that logic all the lefty posters on here, including yourself, support AOC and the Squad because that is who they are putting into office.

And by the transitive property, which you are employing, are anti-Semitic because the Screaming Loon Talib from Michigan is a known anti-Semite.

You need to really, really think before you post such nonsense.

Your age and upbringing get you in trouble more times than not.

I've told you this before and I'll tell you again, your alligator mouth overloads your hummingbird ass more times than not.

Good thing you had mommy and daddy coddling you your entire life or you would be in very bad shape.
BBW12OG
ncsupack1 said:

Saying that all republicans support MTG is about the same as saying that all Democrats support AOC. These fringe people are a product of gerrymandering.
Pinocchio was banging out Zimas last night.

You can always tell when his parents leave him unattended and gets into the sauce.

He mouths off on grown up topics and shows he's nothing but a spoiled, entitled, basement dwelling, trophy for all punk ass brat.

When you have never had to work for anything and have been given everything life is summed up with generalizations.

If he were to ever have to do a "real" days work, not one that is for his folks, he wouldn't last one damn day.
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

So by that logic all the lefty posters on here, including yourself, support AOC and the Squad because that is who they are putting into office.

And by the transitive property, which you are employing, are anti-Semitic because the Screaming Loon Talib from Michigan is a known anti-Semite.

I've told you this before and I'll tell you again, your alligator mouth overloads your hummingbird ass more times than not.

Good thing you had mommy and daddy coddling you your entire life or you would be in very bad shape.
I'm not employing a transitive strategy, it's the truth. The model of representation that most want here including yourself is of these right wing populists who you want to elect to impose an all or nothing agenda. And the strategy they have chosen is the same of the far left, to use the government to control the outcomes, rather than leaving it up to the individual.

That's the difference between you and I. You think it's ok to tell me what I should have for freedoms and use the government as a way to dictate the outcome. I believe that that should be outside of the governments duties and responsibilities.

That you can't see that point is unsurprising considering that is also your style of posting on this message board.

It's the difference between chess and checkers. I am speaking towards the philosophy change within the Republican Party, which is pushing out folks like me because I'm not 100% in lockstep with the populist right agenda. Therefore I'm a RINO and should not be part of the party.

You and folks like you want what you want and in your echo chamber you think arguing nuanced topics in to black and white I'm right you're wrong and I'm on the side of good and your on the side of evil is first grade debate stuff.

Try having a conversation for a whole day here without insulting posters. I bet you can't do it.
BBW12OG
Spoken like the person you are.

You won't admit you were wrong.

Your "chess" comparison is laughable and pretty much a self own. I wasn't the only one to point out your fallacies on your statement.

But... as always... you are good at avoiding the truth. Especially when it proves you were wrong.
ncsupack1
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

I'm not employing a transitive strategy, it's the truth. The model of representation that most want here including yourself is of these right wing populists who you want to elect to impose an all or nothing agenda. And the strategy they have chosen is the same of the far left, to use the government to control the outcomes, rather than leaving it up to the individual.

That's the difference between you and I. You think it's ok to tell me what I should have for freedoms and use the government as a way to dictate the outcome. I believe that that should be outside of the governments duties and responsibilities.

That you can't see that point is unsurprising considering that is also your style of posting on this message board.

It's the difference between chess and checkers. I am speaking towards the philosophy change within the Republican Party, which is pushing out folks like me because I'm not 100% in lockstep with the populist right agenda. Therefore I'm a RINO and should not be part of the party.

You and folks like you want what you want and in your echo chamber you think arguing nuanced topics in to black and white I'm right you're wrong and I'm on the side of good and your on the side of evil is first grade debate stuff.

Try having a conversation for a whole day here without insulting posters. I bet you can't do it.

I have a question, when you say voters like you are getting pushed out, does this mean you are now lining up your beliefs and thoughts to the Democratic Party? I don't need to know personally what you believe in just that I can see where you are coming from and it makes sense. I take it that MTG isn't your rep, she isn't mine either. So why do you care? Lastly, you went Republican to now supporting Biden? If I'm wrong explain.
hokiewolf
ncsupack1 said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

I have a question, when you say voters like you are getting pushed out, does this mean you are now lining up your beliefs and thoughts to the Democratic Party? I don't need to know personally what you believe in just that I can see where you are coming from and it makes sense. I take it that MTG isn't your rep, she isn't mine either. So why do you care? Lastly, you went Republican to now supporting Biden? If I'm wrong explain.
I feel like I'm pretty much party-less because the democratic party and their beliefs do not resonate with me one bit.

I voter for Trump twice, I no longer will do so, and probably write in for the presidential election. I don't and never have supported Biden.

I care because we're going to a scenario where the Republican caucus is going to be so small that it will hand the reigns of government to the left for years to come. I also think we are at the reckoning hour with respect to SS and Medicare spending, and service on the debt. While neither party has a plan, at least I can count on Republicans (maybe) to come around and reduce spending and raise taxes properly to get it all back under control

I have always felt that the best legislation is one that is thoroughly debated and a compromise occurs. That ended pretty much when Pelosi took over as speaker. This bringing legislation from the top down of party leadership doesn't give the opportunity for the House to function the way it was intended.
ncsupack1
hokiewolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

I feel like I'm pretty much party-less because the democratic party and their beliefs do not resonate with me one bit.

I voter for Trump twice, I no longer will do so, and probably write in for the presidential election. I don't and never have supported Biden.

I care because we're going to a scenario where the Republican caucus is going to be so small that it will hand the reigns of government to the left for years to come. I also think we are at the reckoning hour with respect to SS and Medicare spending, and service on the debt. While neither party has a plan, at least I can count on Republicans (maybe) to come around and reduce spending and raise taxes properly to get it all back under control

I have always felt that the best legislation is one that is thoroughly debated and a compromise occurs. That ended pretty much when Pelosi took over as speaker. This bringing legislation from the top down of party leadership doesn't give the opportunity for the House to function the way it was intended.

I agree with your last two points 100 percent. Thanks for a honest answer, honestly more people feel your way more than you think.
Wufskins
hokiewolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

Sen Cassidy has a plan that I could get behind with a few tweeks.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/05/refusing-to-reform-social-security-is-a-plan-and-a-bad-one/
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

I've noticed your history always tends to reach for "the left" to ultimately blame for right wing bad behavior.

I'd suggest you look a little more closely at Newt Gingrich. His Republican Revolution is in fact where House legislating was transformed into a permanent war. And Mitch McConnell is the one who innovated a complete meltdown of Senate norms, essentially making that body dysfunctional as well.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/11/newt-gingrich-says-youre-welcome/570832/
barelypure
hokiewolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

There may be hope on the horizon. RFK Jr has suggested to Biden that in mid-October they go in halvesies on a poll of 30,000 likely voters with the loser dropping out of the race. This gives Biden an exit stage left or Kennedy but either way neither is taking votes from the other guaranteeing a Trump win. It sounds intriguing, not that I think Joe will buy in. And he may not last until then besides
barelypure
This deal about Gaetz and the anti jew bill, he did vote for it in the end. Thomas Massie was the only R to vote against it. Rep. Dunn (R) Fl, Rep. Miller (R) WV, Rep. Smith (R) NJ and Rep. Wagner (R) MO didn't vote at all.

As to the Democrats:
95 Democrats voted to pass the bill
13 Democrats voted against the bill
92 Democrats voted Present
13 Democrats Didn't vote

The 13 Ds who voted against the bill I'm sure many will be surprised to learn that the Squad was among them.

barelypure
Otherwise
Wufskins
Good BBC article on who RFK jr will help/hurt more.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68893186
barelypure
Wufskins said:

Good BBC article on who RFK jr will help/hurt more.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68893186
So I read the article and right now speculation is all over the place. USAToday 4 days ago said Biden, then 2 days ago they said Trump. This just shows no one knows until we get closer to the election.

On a side note I didn't know you had your pic taken when you were in Michigan and I had you pegged at being a little heavier. At least your clothes, hair and mask were color coordinated.
Wufskins
I agree I don't think either side has a good feeling on what his impact will be on their chances. His vaccine stance definitely is a positive for Republican voters and a negative for Democrats.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.