2024 Elections

56,811 Views | 1133 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Civilized
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Werewolf said:

If it comes from the Federal Government, then I disagree. What should happen is we beat them at their own game. Republicans are too mild to really take on the big game, right in front of them...

State by State
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Werewolf
caryking said:

Werewolf said:

If it comes from the Federal Government, then I disagree. What should happen is we beat them at their own game. Republicans are too mild to really take on the big game, right in front of them...

State by State
Agreed, State by State is the way it should be. I'm not sure how to flip it in NY and IL however. Maybe.

I'd be in favor of a broad based Const. Amendment........voter ID and some guidelines on both mail in and in-person. If we don't have fair elections what do we have? A banana republic.

Wolfer79
Will Mark Robinson run for governor in 2024? Campaign announcement coming today

https://www.wral.com/story/will-mark-robinson-run-for-governor-in-2024-campaign-announcement-coming-today/20822792/
TheStorm
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ramaswamy-goes-viral-following-exchange-lgbtq-activist-respect-different-opinion

Couldn't have said it any better myself...
TheStorm
https://www.foxnews.com/media/desantis-trump-never-drained-the-swamp-i-did-florida
Oldsouljer
Breaking…..

https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-carolina-news/nc-state-board-of-elections-votes-to-recognize-no-labels-party-as-an-option-in-state/#:~:text=North%20Carolina%20voters%20can%20now%20register%20with%20the,registration%20forms%20to%20include%20the%20No%20Labels%20option.
TheStorm
https://www.foxnews.com/media/gop-voters-trump-retains-support-believe-controversies-distract-issues
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

Breaking…..

https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-carolina-news/nc-state-board-of-elections-votes-to-recognize-no-labels-party-as-an-option-in-state/#:~:text=North%20Carolina%20voters%20can%20now%20register%20with%20the,registration%20forms%20to%20include%20the%20No%20Labels%20option.

Is this another way to pass moderate laws that ultimate cost is tons of money?

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
Wolfer79 said:

Will Mark Robinson run for governor in 2024? Campaign announcement coming today

https://www.wral.com/story/will-mark-robinson-run-for-governor-in-2024-campaign-announcement-coming-today/20822792/
He needs not to, first, he's got baggage that will be used against him in a general, and second, he's failed to lay the proper electoral infrastructure for a run. He really wasted the last four years, spending most of his time in Raleigh when he should have been building a strong grassroots network. Like Dan Forrest before him, he fatally thinks that running for Governor is identical to running for Lt. Gov.
TheStorm
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vivek-ramaswamy-shares-10-commandments-2024-campaign-starts-god-real-two-genders

I really like this guy more and more every time I see something from him...
caryking
TheStorm said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vivek-ramaswamy-shares-10-commandments-2024-campaign-starts-god-real-two-genders

I really like this guy more and more every time I see something from him...

He's good!

Joe Biden
TheStorm
Nikki Haley with a pretty strong anti-China rant on Fox News Sunday this morning...
caryking
TheStorm said:

Nikki Haley with a pretty strong anti-China rant on Fox News Sunday this morning...

Who will do something about our dependence on China. I'm not sure any will, other than Trump.

Trump started by leveraging large tariffs. Now, we need to increase them and start incentives to bring manufacturing back home. I'm not one for incentives; however, we may have too.

Remember, there is a huge difference in Made in America and Assembled in America. Made infers, raw materials, parts, components, and everything needed to assemble.

I know, based on our production at Stitch, that we can't make anything in America, right now. No one has solid manufacturing, of raw materials, in the states, to build some of our products (golf bags being a major one). Consider this: if our FOB cost, from the Asian factory, is $10, we are hit with a 45% tariff. So, before shipping, our cost goes to $14.50.

This is where I disagree with Trump. I have no problem with the tariff; however, China is not paying those tariffs to the Federal Government, we are! This then gets accounted for, in our cost, and we mark it up, to our needed profit models.

If we could find the manufacturing in the States, we would move it as fast as we can. So, instead of Wall Street selling out the country, by assisting Chinese businesses, in buying American companies, and moving the manufacturing to China, we need true investments in the States.

Any of you folks that talk crap about MAGA; well, the above is the exactly what MAGA is really about. You can't be MAGA if you don't understand the manufacturing, of goods.

Not only is it good for people, and jobs, it's extremely good for the security of our country. The elites sold everyone on the idea of being a services economy. Yea, what they did is sold out America!!!

No one will ever convince me otherwise as I live it everyday, in business!!!

Add in… Not energy independence; rather, full spectrum energy dominance! Then, you fix a lot of ill issues!!

Joe Biden
TheStorm
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Who will do something about our dependence on China. I'm not sure any will, other than Trump.

Trump started by leveraging large tariffs. Now, we need to increase them and start incentives to bring manufacturing back home. I'm not one for incentives; however, we may have too.

Remember, there is a huge difference in Made in America and Assembled in America. Made infers, raw materials, parts, components, and everything needed to assemble.

I know, based on our production, that we can't make anything in America, right now. No one has solid manufacturing, of raw materials, in the states, to build some of our products (golf bags being one). Consider this: if our FOB cost, from the Asian factory, is $10, we are hit with a 45% tariff. So, before shipping, our cost goes to $14.50.

This is where I disagree with Trump. I have no problem with the tariff; however, China is not paying those tariffs to the Federal Government, we are! This then gets accounted for, in our cost, and we mark it up, to our needed profit models.

If we could find the manufacturing in the States, we would move it as fast as we can. So, instead of Wall Street selling out the country, by assisting Chinese businesses, in buying American companies, and moving the manufacturing to China, we need true investments in the States.

Any of you folks that talk crap about MAGA; well, the above is the exactly what MAGA is really about. You can't be MAGA if you don't understand the manufacturing, of goods.

Not only is it good for people, and jobs, it's extremely good for the security of our country. The elites sold everyone on the idea of being a services economy. Yea, what they did is sold out America!!!

So I take it that you haven't seen the segment yet then, huh? Hey, I get it.

We have a series of debates coming up next week, with only one person refusing to participate...

It's chicken **** by the DNC when they protect Biden by not having him participate in their debates... and it's equally chicken **** by Trump when he ducks out of the debates because he doesn't want to have himself measured against other conservatives.

I don't want another Democrat as our next President...
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

I know, based on our production, that we can't make anything in America, right now. No one has solid manufacturing, of raw materials, in the states, to build some of our products (golf bags being one). Consider this: if our FOB cost, from the Asian factory, is $10, we are hit with a 45% tariff. So, before shipping, our cost goes to $14.50.

We have a series of debates coming up next week, with only one person refusing to participate...

It's chicken **** by the DNC when they protect Biden by not having him participate in their debates... and it's equally chicken **** by Trump when he ducks out of the debates because he doesn't want to have himself measured against other conservatives.

If I were advising Trump, I wouldn't debate those people either. He's already been President. We know where he stands. Let the others fight out for second place!

BTW, I'll be watching Tucker interview Trump at the same time!

Trump will be my person, until he isn't! When he isn't, then, I'm looking for someone else. Right now, that would be Vivek!!

Joe Biden
TheStorm
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

If I were advising Trump, I wouldn't debate those people either. He's already been President. We know where he stands. Let the others fight out for second place!

Trump will be my person, until he isn't! When he isn't, then, I'm looking for someone else. Right now, that would be Vivek!!
Yeah, that's fine. I'm going to watch the debate.
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Storm, you have any thoughts, on my post above?

Joe Biden
TheStorm
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Nope. Your mind is already made up and you aren't even going to bother looking at any of the other options - even if you know that you probably should and might end up needing to.

That should about sum things up, right?
Werewolf
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Werewolf
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Nope. Your mind is already made up and you aren't even going to bother looking at any of the other options - even if you know that you probably should and might end up needing to.

That should about sum things up, right?
Actually, I was talking about the actions, I think we need to take. My question and subsequent diatribe was: who will do something about our dependence on China? Look at my full post…

I believe Trump provides the best opportunity to get things done. My question was only about what I said was an issue, not who would get it done…. You may not agree with me that China an issue, and you may not agree with me on who's most equipped to get it done…

That's ok; however, I just wanted your thoughts on my diatribe…

Joe Biden
Werewolf
caryking
For those that watched last night, who impressed you the most?

Joe Biden
caryking
Fox is a joke!!

Joe Biden
TheStorm
caryking said:

Fox is a joke!!

Cary, with all due respect. Why should Trump's son and his girlfriend (and Gavin Newsome's ex-wife by the way ) need to participate in the post-debate spin room, when his father turned down the opportunity to be in the debate to start with?

I like Trump... and I like Trump, Jr. as well, but this is just stupid, borderline childish behavior on their part and it honestly makes me sick to see them acting like that... wanting to have their cake and eat it too kind of stuff... not far akin to Notre Dame wanting Stanford and Cal admitted to the ACC just as long as they don't have to join themselves.

Time for the Trump Team to grow up a little bit in my personal opinion... not like you don't have enough other distractions going on right now that you have to self-create another one.
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Fox is a joke!!

Cary, with all due respect. Why should Trump's son and his girlfriend (and Gavin Newsome's ex-wife by the way ) need to participate in the post-debate spin room, when his father turned down the opportunity to be in the debate to start with?

I like Trump... and I like Trump, Jr. as well, but this is just stupid, borderline childish behavior on their part and it honestly makes me sick to see them acting like that... wanting to have their cake and eat it too kind of stuff... not far akin to Notre Dame wanting Stanford and Cal admitted to the ACC just as long as they don't have to join themselves.

Time for the Trump Team to grow up a little bit in my personal opinion... not like you don't have enough other distractions going on right now that you have to self-create another one.
I see it differently…. Fox has done everything possible to alienate their viewership. Let's be honest… Trump is the leader of the Republican Party and will win the nomination. Fox, since Roger Ailes, is a shadow of itself. Yes, Roger Ailes appears to have done some crappy things, while at Fox; however, he knew how to create and cater to the Fox audience.

The Murdoch's hate Trump! Their Fox audience does not. What are your goals?

Joe Biden
caryking
I didn't watch the debate. Initially, I was going to watch the Tucker interview, of Trump. Well, the damn Covid has hit me, again. 101+ temperatures and all the other crap that comes along with it. I do feel better this morning.

Did I hear the first question, from the audience, was about climate change? If so, that tells you how out of touch Fox is, with their viewership…

Joe Biden
TheStorm
caryking said:

What are your goals?
For a Republican to be in the White House... whether that's Trump or somebody else that participated last night.
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

What are your goals?
For a Republican to be in the White House... whether that's Trump or somebody else that participated last night.
I agree. I have said that I wouldn't vote for Nikki Haley; however, I'm not sure I believe that statement. That said, Fox is trying very hard to exclude Trump. Why? They're globalist!

Joe Biden
TheStorm
DeSantis (yep, again) and Nikki Haley stood out to me personally last night. There are others that were OK, but it's going to take more than just being OK to get this done.
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Fox is a joke!!

So, others were excluded from the spin-room as well. Guess who they were? Trump supporters! Matt Gaetz, MTG, Kari Lake…

Who had the childish behavior? I think it's clear!

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

For those that watched last night, who impressed you the most?
None of them. They all act like the time we live in is identical to twenty years ago and it's not. Empty platitudes, juvenile ambushes, insincere convictions. I can all too easily sense that we could be at the most dangerous time in our history since 1859, and they act like it's just another election cycle.
hokiewolf
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Fox is a joke!!

So, others were excluded from the spin-room as well. Guess who they were? Trump supporters! Matt Gaetz, MTG, Kari Lake…

Who had the childish behavior? I think it's clear!
Should Joe Biden supporters and campaign folks also be allowed in the spin room? Because he also didn't participate in the debate.
packofwolves
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

What are your goals?
I agree. I have said that I wouldn't vote for Nikki Haley; however, I'm not sure I believe that statement. That said, Fox is trying very hard to exclude Trump. Why? They're globalist!

I am on the same page. Desperately need a Republican in the White House, so we need a Republican candidate that can win.
jkpackfan
I'm good with Vivek, Haley, DeSantis or Scott however I will definitely vote for Trump if he's the nominee, I'd just rather have some young fresh blood.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.