The Biden Administration..V3

110,452 Views | 2712 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by PackFansXL
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jkpackfan said:

packgrad said:

Glasswolf said:

packgrad said:

Glasswolf said:

If you're scared say you're scared


Certainly not scared of you.
So put up or shut up big boy. If you are and your cronies are so sure of the impending "Red Wave" lets put some $$$ on it


Why would I bet you? You sound like a child. What an embarrassment.
Prayers for you and your family. This stuff means nothing in the big picture


I presume you quoted the wrong post with your prayers.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glass, r u pulling the lever for all Democrat in November?

Which Democrats that most here would recognize the name would you not vote for?

And I would not bet a penny on any Purple or Blue state or a state w a large Democrat city line Ga....or even NC.

RINOs rig elections and Democrats do too....Nov 2022 will also be rigged.
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Actually no. I'm a registered independent now. Only candidate I can tell you I'm voting for in Donnie Harrison. A republican! And I've never, ever voted straight party ticket
jkpackfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

jkpackfan said:

packgrad said:

Glasswolf said:

packgrad said:

Glasswolf said:

If you're scared say you're scared


Certainly not scared of you.
So put up or shut up big boy. If you are and your cronies are so sure of the impending "Red Wave" lets put some $$$ on it


Why would I bet you? You sound like a child. What an embarrassment.
Prayers for you and your family. This stuff means nothing in the big picture


I presume you quoted the wrong post with your prayers.
I had typed something else but then saw his post about cancer and deleted it. Sorry
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

Actually no. I'm a registered independent now. Only candidate I can tell you I'm voting for in Donnie Harrison. A republican! And I've never, ever voted straight party ticket
Screwed up sheriffs office and crime in Wake is making people vote for Harrison who wouldn't ordinarily. Sorta like Midway's Ernest King, "when they're in trouble, they send for the sonsa*****es."
Tootie4Pack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

Let me start off with a sincere apology. After testing positive last week for covid and today having found out I may have lymphoma I am a bit testy. I will not apologize for my political beliefs as I wouldn't expect any of you to do that. I pray you all have a great day and weekend. And if you believe in prayer, throw one up for me.


Glass , I 'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis. My family will be thinking about you and praying for a positive outcome. I hope that, depending on any treatments you may need, that we get to see each other at a Wolfpack sporting event, and soon.

Go Glass and Go Pack !
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully I will if I can find a parking pass
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since we've been talking about voting, I want to let everyone know that I've only voted for a Republican…. Never have I voted for an independent or democrat! That said, I'm not some Republican homie; because, I can't stand a lot of them. The alternative is not good!!!

BTW, I'm sure everyone is excited to see my voting record…
The Administrative State - Rise of the Fourth Reich!!
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

Actually no. I'm a registered independent now. Only candidate I can tell you I'm voting for in Donnie Harrison. A republican! And I've never, ever voted straight party ticket
I could also make the claim for most years pre-2008.
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Senate Democrats passed their massive spending package on Sunday in a party-line vote using budget reconciliation.

The legislation is essentially a pared down version of President Biden's Build Back Better package that was put to rest last year when Senator Joe Manchin (D., W.Va.) pulled his support.

The plan would allocate $369 billion for energy and climate initiatives, while another $64 billion would be used to extend expiring federal subsidies for people buying health insurance for another three years. The bill would impose new taxes to pay for it.

"This historic bill will reduce inflation, lower costs, fight climate change, and it's time to move this nation forward," Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said during debate.

Despite its name, the bill's impact on inflation is "expected to be statistically indistinguishable from zero," according to an independent analysis performed by the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School.
Hey Chuck, the old adage, "honesty is the best policy" might work for you and your party. Perhaps you should try it some time.
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More evidence of the completely delusional (actually malevolent) nature of communist Democrats.

They think that spending 700 Billion dollars (mostly to double the size of the IRS) will "decrease inflation". And actually named the bill/law the "Inflation Reduction Act"!

Of course, in reality, this will only increase inflation. And these top Democrats know that it will make inflation worse. They just think that the American people (or specifically their DemonRat voter base) are so incredibly moronic, that they will actually believe that spending 700 Billion will "decrease inflation". And they are mostly right. People who vote for the communist Democrats are, in fact, among the most idiotic morons to ever walk the earth.

https://instagr.am/p/Cg-kEqBOJQe
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

Senate Democrats passed their massive spending package on Sunday in a party-line vote using budget reconciliation.

The legislation is essentially a pared down version of President Biden's Build Back Better package that was put to rest last year when Senator Joe Manchin (D., W.Va.) pulled his support.

The plan would allocate $369 billion for energy and climate initiatives, while another $64 billion would be used to extend expiring federal subsidies for people buying health insurance for another three years. The bill would impose new taxes to pay for it.

"This historic bill will reduce inflation, lower costs, fight climate change, and it's time to move this nation forward," Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said during debate.

Despite its name, the bill's impact on inflation is "expected to be statistically indistinguishable from zero," according to an independent analysis performed by the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School.
Hey Chuck, the old adage, "honesty is the best policy" might work for you and your party. Perhaps you should try it some time.
They are trying to get as much damage done as possible before they are no longer in that same position... there is nothing "inflation reducing" about this bill... it's nothing but another spending bill with a "fake name" attached to it.
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The $700 Billion Tax and Increase Inflation Act acts to double the size of the IRS, and adds/raises taxes on oil and gas production -- in order to wage war on fossil fuels to advance the "climate change" hoax agenda, as part of the Marxist "Great Reset" to make everyone poor and "own nothing and be happy".

So enjoy it communist DemonRat voters. Enjoy getting audited by the IRS, paying higher taxes, and paying higher prices for gasoline for your car. It's all to make you poor and enslaved...errrr, I mean it's to save you from the global warming hoax.

https://instagr.am/p/Cg_Nmt1sLAt

Quote:

In an interview on Fox News Channel's "Sunday Morning Futures" with Maria Bartiromo @mariabartiromo Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) @sentedcruz slammed the $700 billion Inflation Reduction Act, a scaled-down iteration of the Build Back Better Act.

Cruz told host Maria Bartiromo that the legislation was "terrible" and a "massive power grab" by the Democrats because it would raise gas prices and double the size of the Internal Revenue Service.

"The Democrats are on the verge of ramming through what really is a terrible bill," Cruz warned prior to the bill's passage. "This bill will hammer manufacturing. It will kill manufacturing jobs in this country. It will hammer small businesses. This bill will drive up gas prices. It has billions in new taxes on U.S. oil and gas production. We introduced amendments trying to take those new taxes out, so all the Democrats say they're worried and want to lower gas prices they all just voted to raise gas taxes and to raise your price at the pump."

"This bill creates 87,000 new IRS agents," he continued. "It doubles the size of the IRS. Those IRS agents are designed to come after you. They're not designed to come after the billionaires and the big corporations. They're designed to come after small businesses and working families across this country. The Democrats are making the IRS bigger than the Pentagon, plus the Department of State, plus the FBI, plus the Border Patrol combined. The IRS is going to be bigger. This is a massive power grab."
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
cowboypack02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just read an article that with the passing of this bill there is now an IRS agent for every 664 taxpayers in this country
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And why would you double the size of the IRS? What's the reason for that? Because they have a boatload of new taxes they're getting ready to pass into law in the near future. In addition to the new taxes that will be under the purview of the IRS (related to income), there are also all the new taxes on gasoline, your "carbon footprint", on your electricity bill, etc -- all on the pretext of the "climate change" fraud.

That's the consequence of allowing these communists to take over our government, and put us over $30 trillion dollars in debt (by design). This is all a pre-planned agenda going back decades, to bury the nation in debt, and then enslave the population by jacking up taxes across the board -- to pay the international banking cabal (who control the puppet politicians, and really rules the world) the interest on the debt.

World Economic Forum prediction for the year 2030: "You will own nothing and be happy"

In 5 to 10 more years, with the combination of rampant inflation and much higher taxes, the average person won't be able to afford to live "the American dream" and own their own home....or an automobile (which will largely be phased out, again for the "climate change" hoax). This is the Marxist agenda. Everyone will be an impoverished modern-day "serf", easy to control.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/08/a-new-low-in-the-radical-lefts-culture-war-the-weaponization-of-food/

Quote:

In an unfathomable display of misplaced priorities, not to mention a gross misinterpretation of federal law, President Biden's Food and Drug Administration is choosing indoctrination in its view of sexual orientation and gender identity over feeding hungry children.

Grant Park Christian Academy serves children from a low-income, historically underprivileged community in Tampa. Under Florida's school-choice program, most of the families at the school attend cost-free. All of them are eligible for free or reduced-price lunches. Grant Park Christian receives funding to pay for school lunches from the U.S.

Under Title IX, participating schools, including Grant Park Christian Academy, agree not to discriminate based on sex. Grant Park Christian welcomes everyone. That's not what this case is about. However, in an audacious usurpation of the legislative branch's authority, the Biden administration recently redefined the word "sex" in Title IX to include sexual orientation and gender identity. This new mandate would apply to all school activities, including restrooms, dress codes, hiring, and pronoun usage.

Commissioner Fried is poised to block Grant Park Christian Academy's funding for school lunches this year, even though Title IX provides a religious exemption. When asked by school officials to confirm its exemption and that Title IX would not require it to violate its religious beliefs, Commissioner Fried's office told Grant Park Christian that the school is "not required to participate in the National School Lunch Program."

There can be no better explanation of why our government's rejection of reality, decency, and common sense rages on at a frightening pace. From forcing female athletes to compete with men, to threatening to deprive hungry children of food in your neighborhood school, and all points in between, no stone will be left unturned. The message is clear: Speak the government's preferred message; teach your children the government's preferred ideology; violate the deepest held convictions of your own conscience; or suffer the consequences including the deprivation of lunches for underprivileged children.
Pure evil.
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone that has ever or still questions why I call the left the "MARXIST PARTY" the passage of this tax increase on the middle class should answer it completely.

Each and everyone of you that votes for the lefties are MARXISTS. Own it. It's who you are. Denying it, stomping your feet, flagging posts, complaining to mods only solidifies your position. Keep it up lefties... you damn near have run this country into the ground.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
cowboypack02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG said:

Anyone that has ever or still questions why I call the left the "MARXIST PARTY" the passage of this tax increase on the middle class should answer it completely.

Each and everyone of you that votes for the lefties are MARXISTS. Own it. It's who you are. Denying it, stomping your feet, flagging posts, complaining to mods only solidifies your position. Keep it up lefties... you damn near have run this country into the ground.


Not to be that guy but the title says that its 433 Billion, but when I add up the line items below I get 822.1 Billion
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I see that the "loans" are probably counted differently.

But, regardless, it's a MARXIST'S wet dream... can't dispute that.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboypack02 said:

BBW12OG said:

Anyone that has ever or still questions why I call the left the "MARXIST PARTY" the passage of this tax increase on the middle class should answer it completely.

Each and everyone of you that votes for the lefties are MARXISTS. Own it. It's who you are. Denying it, stomping your feet, flagging posts, complaining to mods only solidifies your position. Keep it up lefties... you damn near have run this country into the ground.
Not to be that guy but the title says that its 433 Billion, but when I add up the line items below I get 822.1 Billion
More importantly, what organizations are going to receive these funds to do these works?
The Administrative State - Rise of the Fourth Reich!!
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboypack02 said:

BBW12OG said:

Anyone that has ever or still questions why I call the left the "MARXIST PARTY" the passage of this tax increase on the middle class should answer it completely.

Each and everyone of you that votes for the lefties are MARXISTS. Own it. It's who you are. Denying it, stomping your feet, flagging posts, complaining to mods only solidifies your position. Keep it up lefties... you damn near have run this country into the ground.


Not to be that guy but the title says that its 433 Billion, but when I add up the line items below I get 822.1 Billion
Great summation of where the tax increases will go

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-in-democrat-reconciliation-bill/
cowboypack02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

BBW12OG said:

Anyone that has ever or still questions why I call the left the "MARXIST PARTY" the passage of this tax increase on the middle class should answer it completely.

Each and everyone of you that votes for the lefties are MARXISTS. Own it. It's who you are. Denying it, stomping your feet, flagging posts, complaining to mods only solidifies your position. Keep it up lefties... you damn near have run this country into the ground.


Not to be that guy but the title says that its 433 Billion, but when I add up the line items below I get 822.1 Billion
Great summation of where the tax increases will go

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-in-democrat-reconciliation-bill/
I'm always amazed at the line "we're not increasing taxes on individuals, we're increasing only on business" its like there isn't an understanding that businesses will pass that tax on
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboypack02 said:

hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

BBW12OG said:

Anyone that has ever or still questions why I call the left the "MARXIST PARTY" the passage of this tax increase on the middle class should answer it completely.

Each and everyone of you that votes for the lefties are MARXISTS. Own it. It's who you are. Denying it, stomping your feet, flagging posts, complaining to mods only solidifies your position. Keep it up lefties... you damn near have run this country into the ground.


Not to be that guy but the title says that its 433 Billion, but when I add up the line items below I get 822.1 Billion
Great summation of where the tax increases will go

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-in-democrat-reconciliation-bill/
I'm always amazed at the line "we're not increasing taxes on individuals, we're increasing only on business" its like there isn't an understanding that businesses will pass that tax on
I don't want to meet the person/people who fall for this charade
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for the link. I wish that each of these points were driven home on the news from now until November. I especially like the following little gem.

Quote:

The tax hike violates President Biden's tax pledge to any American making less than $400,000 per year.

As noted above, Biden administration officials have repeatedly admitted taxes that raise consumer energy prices are in violation of President Biden's $400,000 tax pledge.

As if it weren't bad enough, Democrats have pegged their oil tax increase to inflation. As inflation increases, so will the level of tax.
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

hokiewolf said:


Great summation of where the tax increases will go

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-in-democrat-reconciliation-bill/
I'm always amazed at the line "we're not increasing taxes on individuals, we're increasing only on business" its like there isn't an understanding that businesses will pass that tax on
I don't want to meet the person/people who fall for this charade
Don't kid yourself. You already know many of these people. We apparently have several on this site.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

hokiewolf said:


Great summation of where the tax increases will go

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-in-democrat-reconciliation-bill/
I'm always amazed at the line "we're not increasing taxes on individuals, we're increasing only on business" its like there isn't an understanding that businesses will pass that tax on
I don't want to meet the person/people who fall for this charade
Don't kid yourself. You already know many of these people. We apparently have several on this site.
XL, there's nothing apparently about it. We do have several...
The Administrative State - Rise of the Fourth Reich!!
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

PackFansXL said:

hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

hokiewolf said:


Great summation of where the tax increases will go

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-in-democrat-reconciliation-bill/
I'm always amazed at the line "we're not increasing taxes on individuals, we're increasing only on business" its like there isn't an understanding that businesses will pass that tax on
I don't want to meet the person/people who fall for this charade
Don't kid yourself. You already know many of these people. We apparently have several on this site.
XL, there's nothing apparently about it. We do have several...
And here they are...

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

BBW12OG said:

Anyone that has ever or still questions why I call the left the "MARXIST PARTY" the passage of this tax increase on the middle class should answer it completely.

Each and everyone of you that votes for the lefties are MARXISTS. Own it. It's who you are. Denying it, stomping your feet, flagging posts, complaining to mods only solidifies your position. Keep it up lefties... you damn near have run this country into the ground.


Not to be that guy but the title says that its 433 Billion, but when I add up the line items below I get 822.1 Billion
Great summation of where the tax increases will go

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-in-democrat-reconciliation-bill/
I'm always amazed at the line "we're not increasing taxes on individuals, we're increasing only on business" its like there isn't an understanding that businesses will pass that tax on
I don't want to meet the person/people who fall for this charade
a whole lot of people fell for it. Mostly lower middle-income people, who will likely be amongst the most hard hit.

Imagine spending $300-500 / month more now than last year, and THEN having more pass-on taxes inflate those bills even more because of the idiots you helped vote into office.
Who thinks businesses are just going to absorb the losses and tank their own performances / stock value?
Marco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump 4 president!2024,he'll fix it all!!!
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

PackFansXL said:

hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

hokiewolf said:


Great summation of where the tax increases will go

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-in-democrat-reconciliation-bill/
I'm always amazed at the line "we're not increasing taxes on individuals, we're increasing only on business" its like there isn't an understanding that businesses will pass that tax on
I don't want to meet the person/people who fall for this charade
Don't kid yourself. You already know many of these people. We apparently have several on this site.
XL, there's nothing apparently about it. We do have several...
does this mean i'm out of MARXIST jail?? Huzzah!
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboypack02 said:

hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

BBW12OG said:

Anyone that has ever or still questions why I call the left the "MARXIST PARTY" the passage of this tax increase on the middle class should answer it completely.

Each and everyone of you that votes for the lefties are MARXISTS. Own it. It's who you are. Denying it, stomping your feet, flagging posts, complaining to mods only solidifies your position. Keep it up lefties... you damn near have run this country into the ground.


Not to be that guy but the title says that its 433 Billion, but when I add up the line items below I get 822.1 Billion
Great summation of where the tax increases will go

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-in-democrat-reconciliation-bill/
I'm always amazed at the line "we're not increasing taxes on individuals, we're increasing only on business" its like there isn't an understanding that businesses will pass that tax on
There are 31.7 million small businesses in the United States. And those businesses are owned by individuals. If you tax small businesses, you are directly taxing millions of those individual owners. And it will hurt the millions of other employees of those businesses, as well as all the consumers of those businesses.

Taxes hurt everyone. Except for maybe the freeloading bums who are sitting at home collecting welfare/EBT living in government subsidized housing.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

PackFansXL said:

hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

hokiewolf said:


Great summation of where the tax increases will go

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-in-democrat-reconciliation-bill/
I'm always amazed at the line "we're not increasing taxes on individuals, we're increasing only on business" its like there isn't an understanding that businesses will pass that tax on
I don't want to meet the person/people who fall for this charade
Don't kid yourself. You already know many of these people. We apparently have several on this site.
XL, there's nothing apparently about it. We do have several...
i disagree with this. Who do you suggest these people are? For all the arguing done on here, other than one fly-by poster, I think maybe one poster voted for Biden? I don't recall seeing any promoting his financial policies? Its mostly degrees of how far right one wants to lean on topics other than financial that drives the differences.

Now....locally, nationally, etc, I think there are plenty of people who are going to be shocked --- and of course, many of them can fault the media for contributing to their confusion, because while it would seem to me one of the responsibilities of a functioning media would be to dig deeper into proposed budget bills to tell the every day person how it will potentially impact them. But that has not happened.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Marco said:

Trump 4 president! 2024 he'll fix it all!!!
Hey.... Marco finally adds something good to the WC!!!
The Administrative State - Rise of the Fourth Reich!!
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

PackFansXL said:

hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

hokiewolf said:


Great summation of where the tax increases will go

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-in-democrat-reconciliation-bill/
I'm always amazed at the line "we're not increasing taxes on individuals, we're increasing only on business" its like there isn't an understanding that businesses will pass that tax on
I don't want to meet the person/people who fall for this charade
Don't kid yourself. You already know many of these people. We apparently have several on this site.
XL, there's nothing apparently about it. We do have several...
i disagree with this. Who do you suggest these people are? For all the arguing done on here, other than one fly-by poster, I think maybe one poster voted for Biden? I don't recall seeing any promoting his financial policies? Its mostly degrees of how far right one wants to lean on topics other than financial that drives the differences.

Now....locally, nationally, etc, I think there are plenty of people who are going to be shocked --- and of course, many of them can fault the media for contributing to their confusion, because while it would seem to me one of the responsibilities of a functioning media would be to dig deeper into proposed budget bills to tell the every day person how it will potentially impact them. But that has not happened.
Chem....
The Administrative State - Rise of the Fourth Reich!!
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

PackFansXL said:

hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

hokiewolf said:


Great summation of where the tax increases will go

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-in-democrat-reconciliation-bill/
I'm always amazed at the line "we're not increasing taxes on individuals, we're increasing only on business" its like there isn't an understanding that businesses will pass that tax on
I don't want to meet the person/people who fall for this charade
Don't kid yourself. You already know many of these people. We apparently have several on this site.
XL, there's nothing apparently about it. We do have several...
i disagree with this. Who do you suggest these people are? For all the arguing done on here, other than one fly-by poster, I think maybe one poster voted for Biden? I don't recall seeing any promoting his financial policies? Its mostly degrees of how far right one wants to lean on topics other than financial that drives the differences.

Now....locally, nationally, etc, I think there are plenty of people who are going to be shocked --- and of course, many of them can fault the media for contributing to their confusion, because while it would seem to me one of the responsibilities of a functioning media would be to dig deeper into proposed budget bills to tell the every day person how it will potentially impact them. But that has not happened.
Chem....


Lol, I voted for the same POTUS and senators amd party of congressmen as you

Show me one post where ive supported anything Biden has offered up from a budget? It was fears of that that convinced me to vote for Trump
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.