2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season

7,020 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
dogplasma
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gotta pay attention to those "F" storms here in NC. Fran, Floyd…
TheStorm
dogplasma said:

Gotta pay attention to those "F" storms here in NC. Fran, Floyd…
Uhhhh. Florence?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
TheStorm
Path looking better.
dogplasma
Yup! To both posts.
Wolfer79
TheStorm
Beautiful!
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
FlossyDFlynt
NM
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
That one in the Gulf could be trouble.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Watching the news this morning and it's looking more and more like Friday is going to be rainy.
Wolfer79
TheStorm
I predict we get an other full miss on Ian around here. That new tract has a distinct hook in it.

Wide right.
dogplasma
Canada about to get slammed by a hurricane. Canada!
griff17matt
TheStorm said:

I predict we get an other full miss on Ian around here. That new tract has a distinct hook in it.

Wide right.

Allan and the models would seem to disagree with you
TheStorm
dogplasma said:

Canada about to get slammed by a hurricane. Canada!
You must not watch "The Curse of Oak Island"... got hit by Dorian a couple of years ago...
TheStorm
I also see plenty of models going out over the ocean that miss us completely as well, so someone agrees with me!
dogplasma
No, I don't. I didn't realize Canada received hurricane force winds that often. I thought they normally dissipated before getting that far north.

Here's a drone video from inside Fiona:

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/ocean-surfing-drone-sends-back-eerie-video-from-inside-hurricane-fiona/
PackFansXL
dogplasma said:

No, I don't. I didn't realize Canada received hurricane force winds that often. I thought they normally dissipated before getting that far north.

Here's a drone video from inside Fiona:

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/ocean-surfing-drone-sends-back-eerie-video-from-inside-hurricane-fiona/
That cnet.com site appears to be very bought in to anthropogenic causes for global warming. Notice the wording transition from the Nature journal paper to the cnet.com restatement as shown below. BTW, Nature is on record with an official position refusing to publish papers with which their editors disagree.
Quote:

The 2020 North Atlantic hurricane season was one of the most active on record

Quote:

The 2020 Atlantic hurricane season was the most active on record, with 30 named storms and 11 of those making landfall. A study published in the most recent issue of Nature Communications finds that anthropogenic climate change (change defined by humans' impact) increased hourly rainfall amounts during the season by up to 10%.
It is interesting that wind velocity may be replaced in favor of total rainfall as a means of measuring storm intensity. It seems that total rainfall is highly subjective to the rate at which a hurricane moves laterally as opposed to rotational velocity. One can interpret the horrendous rainfall totals dumped on Houston a few years back as indicating a much more intense storm, but that storm just stopped moving after it made landfall over Houston and it deposited over 40 inches of rain in a two day period.

I believe it is important to keep an open mind regarding AGW because we have such a small observational window to infer trends of our planet. There are definitely some interesting methods taken to try to gather insight about very long trends and some of those have yielded plausible analysis indicating GW has occurred. The A component of AGW is a bit more murky for me and with the purity of "science" no longer ensured, it makes drawing confident conclusions much more challenging.
Wolfer79
dogplasma
You're reading too much into my posts! I wasn't trying to turn this into another climate change thread. I honestly didn't know that hurricanes stayed at hurricane level that far north, and the video is just cool and related to the thread.
PackFansXL
I just wanted to point out that observation about cnet.com after reading the link you provided. I agree my comments belong in the climate change thread.
ncsupack1
Just watched ABC11, looks we here in the triangle area will at the very least see a tone of rain.
Wolfer79
PackFansXL
That storm track looks like it will rain on our College Game Day parade at CU Saturday night.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.