Olympic hammer thrower Gwen Berry 'pissed' national anthem was playing at Olympic tri

7,255 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BBW12OG
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Of course the leader of the paid victimhood movement is going to support one of his protgs. Guy wants to stay relevant.
octdregs
Jason Whitlock called the Kap situation right from the start. And Nike's CEO recently confirmed it: Nike is "a brand of China, for China."
BBW12OG
Quote:

I put being upset the national anthem was played at an Olympic event in the same category of going to a comedy show and being upset at a dirty joke. You knew what you signed up for. Giving this any attention at all is giving it too much attention.

I agree 100%... The reason I am posting on this thread is to bring attention to the two ladies that one and qualified for the Olympics. DeAnna Price and Brooke Anderson. Not the pompous spoiled attention seeking "activist" that will be a leach on society her entire life and never contribute anything other than playing a lifelong victim.

Sadly, that's what many in this country see as "making a statement..."

In her words..." being an activist has cost me numerous endorsements and sponsors...." Oh... so by doing this she is hoping to get the "woke culture" to feel sorry for her and "fund" her cause. Very similar to the BLM leaches that have three multi-million dollar homes in order to "Fight the Power.."

Anyone stupid enough to donate or buy into this BS deserves exactly what they get. Reason #2,315 that liberals and lefties are the dregs of society along with their ideologies.

You have the right to protest. You don't have the right to piss on your employers leg and tell him it's raining. That clown should be sent back to the circus from which she came. Join Side Show Bob Kaepernick and his Hairy Arm Pits girlfriend and cry about how you are oppressed and the "white man" has kept you down from your NYC penthouse apartments....

Any and all recognition this ungrateful clown garners is too much whether it is positive or negative. If she ever gets a real job, which is doubtful, she will for sure need to undergo a complete 180 degree attitude change... but seeing her demographic it doesn't bode well for change. More likely she'll be twerking on a cop car after looting a T Mobile and Dollar General.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
statefan91
octdregs said:

Jason Whitlock called the Kap situation right from the start. And Nike's CEO recently confirmed it: Nike is "a brand of China, for China."
Nike just cares about their bottom line and will do what's necessary to make money. That means they will support Kap here in the US and will work with a country that allows no dissension in China.
Mormad
statefan91 said:

So are you recommending she not use the freedoms that living in the US have given her?

In a word, yes.
packgrad
Mormad said:

statefan91 said:

So are you recommending she not use the freedoms that living in the US have given her?

In a word, yes.

Lol
curmudgeon.zen
As a rule, I generally avoid acknowledging attention *****s...however, in this case, I do have one thing to say...and that is this:

• This **** has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as Tommie Smith and John Carlos.

That is all.
Log off. Go outside.
Packchem91
curmudgeon.zen said:

As a rule, I generally avoid acknowledging attention *****s...however, in this case, I do have one thing to say...and that is this:

• This **** has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as Tommie Smith and John Carlos.

That is all.
100% agree -- they are nothing alike in scale, message, or how it was delivered.
hokiewolf
Just for clarification, am I supposed to be more or less outraged at this lady hammer thrower than the dude/lady power lifter from New Zealand?
Mormad
hokiewolf said:

Just for clarification, am I supposed to be more or less outraged at this lady hammer thrower than the dude/lady power lifter from New Zealand?

Depends on whether you are more offended by disgraceful individual actions or despicable committee actions
bigeric
statefan91 said:

No, just be willing accept the fact that my rights and fweedoms are not diminished one iota by your actions.

None of this more equal than others B**LS**T.

Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
dogplasma
Just practically speaking, unless maybe you're an all-world athlete, focusing on a fairly obscure Olympic sport as a soapbox doesn't seem super effective - like running all your candidate's political ads in Reader's Digest. Then again, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about, and I'm talking about it, so: Gwen Berry - 1, dogplasma - 0.
Packchem91
dogplasma said:

Just practically speaking, unless maybe you're an all-world athlete, focusing on a fairly obscure Olympic sport as a soapbox doesn't seem super effective - like running all your candidate's political ads in Reader's Digest. Then again, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about, and I'm talking about it, so: Gwen Berry - 1, dogplasma - 0.
No doubt......99.99% of the people talking about this had never heard of Gwen Berry a week ago.
I'd have suggested, for her personal stake, her approach here didn't help her brand....but, in a world where CK is a well-paid former bad QB now....who knows. I'm sure she'll have some strong advocates in the media who give her lots of opportunity to be heard....all those morning shows, etc.
PackFansXL
dogplasma said:

0 > -1
dogplasma with the win!!
BBW12OG
bigeric said:

statefan91 said:

No, just be willing accept the fact that my rights and fweedoms are not diminished one iota by your actions.

None of this more equal than others B**LS**T.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
Mormad said:

hokiewolf said:

Depends on whether you are more offended by disgraceful individual actions or despicable committee actions
Oh, then this hammer thrower isn't a bother then
wilmwolf
hokiewolf said:

I believe the power lifter no longer has a hammer.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

Mormad said:

hokiewolf said:

No... especially if you don't mind someone disrespecting the country, the flag, the men and women who died defending it and most of all, the opportunities this country has afforded her to be able to make such a fool of herself for profit.

She has no message. She isn't fighting for the right to vote, go to school or college, to marry whomever she wants, be openly gay, voice her opinions however convoluted they may be so no.... I wouldn't think you would care at all.

Again.. she isn't the story. It's the two women who bravely stood there and ignored the idiot behind them while gladly representing their country and moving on to Tokyo.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
TheStorm
BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

Mormad said:

hokiewolf said:

No... especially if you don't mind someone disrespecting the country, the flag, the men and women who died defending it and most of all, the opportunities this country has afforded her to be able to make such a fool of herself for profit.

She has no message. She isn't fighting for the right to vote, go to school or college, to marry whomever she wants, be openly gay, voice her opinions however convoluted they may be so no.... I wouldn't think you would care at all.

Again.. she isn't the story. It's the two women who bravely stood there and ignored the idiot behind them while gladly representing their country and moving on to Tokyo.
Just be thankful that she has no f'n chance to medal in Tokyo... won't keep NBC from running multiple features / mentions on her though and probably none on the two that beat her in the trials.
BBW12OG
TheStorm said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

Mormad said:

hokiewolf said:

Just be thankful that she has no f'n chance to medal in Tokyo... won't keep NBC from running multiple features / mentions on her though and probably none on the two that beat her in the trials.
She knew what she was doing... she knew it would get airtime and she would become a martyr...

The MSM propaganda masters will make sure this is an issue that never dies and is shown over and over again to further divide this country along the lines of race.

I've seen pictures of her from different events... I'm hoping PaPa Smurf will come forward and file a sexual assault charge against her... surely he didn't willingly let her have access to Smurf Village... I know there was only one Smurfette... but damn.... that's the best Papa Smurf could do?

#smurflivesmatter #smurfstoo #smurfsarevictimstoo
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Steve Williams
Staff
I'll just say what everyone else is thinking...that's an ugly ass woman. Hell, I'd be mad too.
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

Mormad said:

hokiewolf said:

I encourage everyone to make an ass out of themselves publicly, Just don't expect me to be bothered by it.
PackFansXL
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

Mormad said:

hokiewolf said:

I encourage everyone to make an ass out of themselves publicly, Just don't expect me to be bothered by it.
LOL
I'm thinking you're going to regret that take in the near future. Seems like the list of folks who would bother you if they acted out is much longer than you admit. Wife, children, parents, President, coaches for your favorite teams, players for your favorite teams, fellow posters razzing you for silly takes, etc.
Bell Tower Grey
Steve Williams said:

I'll just say what everyone else is thinking...that's an ugly ass woman. Hell, I'd be mad too.
Not to mention carrying the nickname "Dingle"
packgrad
Steve Williams said:

Every damn branch
Mormad
Get over yourself, Gwen
BBW12OG
Steve Williams said:

That would get you in trouble.... How do you know she identifies as a woman?

Just saying....

You got to be careful. Folks might get offended!!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Mormad
BBW12OG said:

Steve Williams said:

That would get you in trouble.... How do you know she identifies as a woman?

Just saying....

You got to be careful. Folks might get offended!!

That's some funny stuff BBW! So sad that it's so damn true.
caryking
Steve Williams said:

She sure has made herself look ugly; however, if you look at some of her older pictures, she is not as ugly then. In fact, she looked to be very happy... not anymore.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Packchem91
pineknollshoresking said:

Steve Williams said:

She sure has made herself look ugly; however, if you look at some of her older pictures, she is not as ugly then. In fact, she looked to be very happy... not anymore.
Yeah.......seems to be a common trend, people who get into these "causes", regardless of the actual cause, almost always seem to become angrier and angrier as time goes along.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

Steve Williams said:

Yeah.......seems to be a common trend, people who get into these "causes", regardless of the actual cause, almost always seem to become angrier and angrier as time goes along.

They have to use anger. Logic, truth, and integrity aren't on their side. But anger works these days.
Mormad
Anger mixed with the right buzz words
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Williams said:

They have to use anger. Logic, truth, and integrity aren't on their side. But anger works these days.
Anger and a SM platform will carry someone all the way to the Oval Office . Just look at all the politicians today though....they all sound like angry fools. Screaming loudly, often, and over top of everyone. Not completely new, I know, but just so many more opportunities to get their voices out there today. (think of the force the "squad" has become, and that would never have happened 20 years ago)

Yes, I agree with you though. And since there is no such thing as self-awareness and having any sort of shame, people willing to say/do pretty much anything.
caryking
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Williams said:

Sounds like the media...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Packchem91

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Williams said:

Sounds like the media...
lol, Jim Acosta's image leaps to mind when i read that. He got his own show out of always being an angry elf.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.