The Biden Administration

433,545 Views | 5465 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by James Henderson
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

Yes! As I've said here in the past. An empty barrel makes the most noise. We have elected to many empty barrels on the left and right.
Its almost like people who believe that we should never compromise believe they are right....what is that word that we learned was such a vulgar word a week or so ago....oh yeah, "absolute".
TheStorm
caryking said:

My wife's closet friend said that her neighbor...
This caught my eye for some reason. Care to expound on that for us, Cary?
TheStorm
bgr3 said:

caryking said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

bgr3 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

PackBacker07 said:

While you guys are fixing the nation's problems yelling into your own tinfoil vortex, can you ask Q how we fix rent inflation as well? We're on a scary track there, much worse than paying 8% more for your basement Funyuns.
Stop printing money and raise interest rates. But guess what that leads to?
Ding ding ding.
I will admit, I missed where PackBacker said rent inflation. I bought my house in 2016 with the idea that when I did move out, I would turn it into a rental. Good location, multiple bed/bath, not too large, etc. Since the day I bought it, my property tax has gone up roughly 41%. If I were renting it out, there is no way I wouldn't have been able to keep my prices the same year over year. I do still think a large part of it would be inflation overall (repair costs have shot through the roof this year due to lack of supply). I think fixing inflation in general would help out with rent prices.

If I were moving today, I would sell it without a seconds hesitation. Home value is way above what I bought it at and I don't think I could resist that type of tax free windfall at this point.
My wife's closet friend said that her neighbor (they live in Preston) bought their house, two years ago, for 500K. They just sold it last week for 1M.

I know the market is hot; but, that's ridiculous!!! My understanding is that they did nothing in renovations.

A recent report said: of all the housing sales that have happened this year, 20% were by companies like Blackrock, Vanguard, etc...
I work in this space, and I can tell you that big firms like that have been buyers, but so have REITs and eBuyers like Opendoor and Zillow, the later of which quit their home flipping business and laid off 25% of their workforce late last year because they dont' really have any idea how to actually value homes. Their "zestimates" completely miss some of the most important pricing factors and are worth exactly what you pay for them. Opendoor and Zillow have had distortionary effects on supply and prices though. If you can't turn a profit flipping homes in this market you never will lol.

I think its reasonable to keep an eye on the share of the market going to big firms but in this area at least its a combination of (IMO, obviously): artificially low interest rates/restricted supply through zoning (going on everywhere) + investors (both large and small, using their capital and ability to borrow, which is happing more here than other places) + people moving from high cost of living areas who have more cash to start with (Part of this is older buyers, who have the most money, they are the ones you hear about offering a ton over list price because their kids live nearby or something like that).
I have a foot in this sandbox as well right now, and in my personal experiences this initiated in the true multifamily market (apartments), then transitioned into townhomes (6 unit pods going under contract before the slab(s) are even poured) - and now the newest trend is entire communities of stand alone single family construction leased like an apartment complex... as soon as it is 100% leased, it is bought up by one of the hedge funds for astronomical amounts. Cap Rates are running as low as 4% for true multifamily (apartments) right now... and the hedge funds don't care... they have to park that money somewhere!

Literally every single volume builder down here on the coast is looking for land to be 100% committed to the stand alone rental community market right now. Multiple funds are tripping all over themselves to purchase anything they can get their hands on after these guys build it.

I'm only seeing it with portfolios though (entire communities)... since I don't "do" residential, I'm not exposed as much to what is going on with the onesies and twosies - but my limited exposure there is still "assuming" end user purchasers as 90%+ of that market... at least down here anyway.
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Storm, doesn't everyone have a closet friend?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
TheStorm
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Well, I just hope that they let you participate from time to time...
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Well, I just hope that they let you participate from time to time...
it all depends on what they (she) look like…

Joe Biden
TheStorm
Not as reputable as "hearing" a portion of a report on the radio, of course... but just another dose of reality.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-border-agents-encounter-boy-4-among-suspected-illegal-immigrants-smuggling-marijuana-into-us

But if we just say that it's all ok, then we won't really have a problem, right?
hokiewolf
TheStorm said:

Not as reputable as "hearing" a portion of a report on the radio, of course... but just another dose of reality.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-border-agents-encounter-boy-4-among-suspected-illegal-immigrants-smuggling-marijuana-into-us

But if we just say that it's all ok, then we won't really have a problem, right?
Way to mix issues. These people where caught crossing illegally. The issue we were discussing was the additional inspections done by the Texas Rangers at the border crossing legally into Texas that was holding up commerce.

Nice try though, you're not quite ready to be a pundit on Tucker Carlson's show.

Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
caryking
hokiewolf said:

TheStorm said:

Way to mix issues. These people where caught crossing illegally. The issue we were discussing was the additional inspections done by the Texas Rangers at the border crossing legally into Texas that was holding up commerce.

Nice try though, you're not quite ready to be a pundit on Tucker Carlson's show.

Hokie, I disagree! This is all wrapped up in the same thing. Abbott wouldn't be doing the things he's doing had this feckless admin done its part.

Now, I'm not going to make a big deal out of all the (potential) drugs coming across the border; however, I will make a big deal out of the invasion happening. This invasion is not healthy for America! I get that people are trying to make a better life for themselves and for that, I have empathy. That said, the empathetic emotion is not legal and our laws need to be enforced.

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
Glad to see the same comrades still supporting the MARXIST regime.... I personally would like to thank each of you for making sure the Red Wave that is coming in November will be historic.

Please keep supporting this clown show of an administration. I am so glad that there aren't any mean tweets that hurt your precious little "feewlings" anymore. Enjoy that extra $2300.00 a year that Sleepy Joe is costing you.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
BBW, ever since the Mob forced you out, we've had another poster that filled some of your thoughts…

werewolf came out of nowhere and started posting. werewolf, please welcome BBW back on the boards.

Joe Biden
Steve Videtich
BBW12OG said:

Glad to see the same comrades still supporting the MARXIST regime.... I personally would like to thank each of you for making sure the Red Wave that is coming in November will be historic.

Please keep supporting this clown show of an administration. I am so glad that there aren't any mean tweets that hurt your precious little "feewlings" anymore. Enjoy that extra $2300.00 a year that Sleepy Joe is costing you.

Welcome back!
BBW12OG
Thanks Steve!! Very much appreciate your support as well as Cary's.

The very ones that accuse us of being Fascists damn sure subscribe to the Fascists way of handling different points of view!

Now let's get after it!!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Steve Videtich
BBW12OG said:

The very ones that accuse us of being Fascists damn sure subscribe to the Fascists way of handling different points of view!

Now let's get after it!!

Hypocrisy knows no bounds!
packofwolves
BBW12OG said:

Another example that Biden is declining. It's obvious why they kept him in the basement, provide him note cards, limit press conferences and questions. Dems have done this country a huge disservice hiding his decline.
BBW12OG
Steve Videtich said:

BBW12OG said:

Now let's get after it!!

Agree! I'm sure every post I've made so far has already been flagged! Messages are being sent, tears are being shed and the MARXISTS are preparing their "victim statements" as we speak!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Steve Videtich
BBW12OG said:

Steve Videtich said:

BBW12OG said:

Now let's get after it!!

Agree! I'm sure every post I've made so far has already been flagged! Messages are being sent, tears are being shed and the MARXISTS are preparing their "victim statements" as we speak!

In honor of a Easter weekend, "I offered my back to those who beat me and my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard. I did not hide my face from mockery and spitting."

Good to have you back!
BBW12OG
Any of my lefty followers care to comment? Y'all seemed to be clinging onto President Trump and how much he lied I am curious to hear how you support and condone this type of behavior.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Sharpen your pencils comrades... here's another one for you to justify...

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
I guess most are taking the day off….

Joe Biden
Civilized
BBW12OG said:

LOLOL

Welcome back BBW.
BBW12OG
Thank You...

LOL!!!!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
packofwolves
Some Friday humor…

BBW12OG
This coming from the DNC's right hand media outlet... I guess the jig is up.... the internal cabal has rendered Sleepy Joe dead in the water.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

LOLOL

Welcome back BBW.
BBW, I think some on here have realized that Civ has a very different view; however, he is a reasonable person and someone that debate can happen with...

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
No doubt.... He's out there but at least will try and defend his positions.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
Royce White is running against Illian Omar, for congress in Minnesota

https://gettr.com/post/p15eno43963

I'm a big fan of his!

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/overwhelmed-agents-at-the-border-this-administration-doesnt-care/

Quote:

"Even Obama had some idea that there's a law-enforcement element to this, but these people just don't care at all."

The border is being flooded with asylum seekers hoping to make the most of Biden's "open-door" policy. This means that Border Patrol is tied up with processing thousands of daily asylum claims. Meanwhile, the rest of the border remains understaffed and porous, allowing a more criminal contingency to sneak and smuggle into the country. This is leading to higher rates of crime and smuggling in Texas border towns. Uvalde, which is just over 60 miles from the border, experiences many "bailouts," or high-speed chases of smuggler vehicles. As a result, Uvalde schools were locked down 48 times just last year. Ranchers are also suffering, with smugglers' groups damaging their fencing, breaking water lines, leaving trash on their land, and stealing from their homes.
They're expecting the 7000 encounters per day to balloon to 18000 when Title 42 is lifted. Biden is a disaster!
BBW12OG
Ask anyone... we are doing all we can to make sure they have free phones so we can track them.... funny that we have homeless people all over the United States that we treat worse than we do the illegal immigrants....

Please lefties... keep up the good work!!!

33% approval.... lowest polling of ANY president ever....

BUT...he doesn't tweet and hurt the "feewlings" of the the left...
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
PackFansXL said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/overwhelmed-agents-at-the-border-this-administration-doesnt-care/

Quote:

"Even Obama had some idea that there's a law-enforcement element to this, but these people just don't care at all."

The border is being flooded with asylum seekers hoping to make the most of Biden's "open-door" policy. This means that Border Patrol is tied up with processing thousands of daily asylum claims. Meanwhile, the rest of the border remains understaffed and porous, allowing a more criminal contingency to sneak and smuggle into the country. This is leading to higher rates of crime and smuggling in Texas border towns. Uvalde, which is just over 60 miles from the border, experiences many "bailouts," or high-speed chases of smuggler vehicles. As a result, Uvalde schools were locked down 48 times just last year. Ranchers are also suffering, with smugglers' groups damaging their fencing, breaking water lines, leaving trash on their land, and stealing from their homes.
They're expecting the 7000 encounters per day to balloon to 18000 when Title 42 is lifted. Biden is a disaster!
I'm hopeful that some democrats have come around to realize lifting title 42 is a bad idea.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

I'm hopeful that some democrats have come around to realize lifting title 42 is a bad idea.
It's all political! Time for an election this year, everyone (the ones in red states) is going to move to right as much as they can.

Honestly, why is 7K ok?

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

Glad to see you finally supporting your party. At what point is letting 7,000 illegals in OK? And why would it be OK if it was 1?

You lefties... LOL... keep up the good fight.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

Glad to see you finally supporting your party. At what point is letting 7,000 illegals in OK? And why would it be OK if it was 1?

you're an idiot
RunsWithWolves26
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

you're an idiot

As long as Steve Williams allows him to post however he wants to, he always will be. The dollar is all that matters.
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

you're an idiot
Glad to see that personal attacks are what you reply with. Guess you will never change.....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
First Page
Page 156 of 157

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.