The Biden Administration

439,647 Views | 5465 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by James Henderson
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

"Governor Abbott's unnecessary and redundant inspections of trucks transiting ports of entry between Texas and Mexico are causing significant disruptions to the food and automobile supply chains, delaying manufacturing, impacting jobs, and raising prices for families in Texas and across the country.," Psaki said.
LOLLLL!!!!!!

Spin Psaki is a joke.
how exactly is this spin? From my understanding - and this was while I was driving today listening to fox business that the boarder agents inspect the truck at the time of crossing and then the Texas rangers are doing the exact same inspection. Not really sure how that's solving the border crisis.

They are holding up each truck by an hour or so…. This may backfire on Abbott; however, I like this move to get Mexico to the negotiating table. Sounds like they may very well negotiate something outside of the Federal Government…
couple of questions:

1. I have seen it reported that it's hours delay, ie a trucking company that makes 3 runs a day can now only make 1

2. I haven't heard any results of contraband or something illegal in the Rangers search that wasn't found in the border patrol search, so you know?

Also, I really dislike the idea that the BP is somehow now a political department. They've never been portrayed like that. Underfunded? Yes. Not enough officers? Yes. But I really feel like you guys are boiling them down to just a political pawn and that really isn't right. It's a damn hard and thankless job.

I think this show by Abbott is going to backfire. He's just throwing mud in the wrong peoples eyes. It's grandstanding of the highest order (similar to AOC crying fake tears). It shouldn't be celebrated because it accomplishes absolutely nothing.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Werewolf
PackBacker07 said:

While you guys are fixing the nation's problems yelling into your own tinfoil vortex, can you ask Q how we fix rent inflation as well? We're on a scary track there, much worse than paying 8% more for your basement Funyuns.
Love the chatter, love the anger. Unfortunately, you don't understand, Q won't fix inflation, the border, etc.

What you're experiencing is Devolution. Please don't take the time to understand, its too good of show watching the meltdown. Got my popcorn out!
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

"Governor Abbott's unnecessary and redundant inspections of trucks transiting ports of entry between Texas and Mexico are causing significant disruptions to the food and automobile supply chains, delaying manufacturing, impacting jobs, and raising prices for families in Texas and across the country.," Psaki said.
LOLLLL!!!!!!

Spin Psaki is a joke.
how exactly is this spin? From my understanding - and this was while I was driving today listening to fox business that the boarder agents inspect the truck at the time of crossing and then the Texas rangers are doing the exact same inspection. Not really sure how that's solving the border crisis.

They are holding up each truck by an hour or so…. This may backfire on Abbott; however, I like this move to get Mexico to the negotiating table. Sounds like they may very well negotiate something outside of the Federal Government…
couple of questions:

1. I have seen it reported that it's hours delay, ie a trucking company that makes 3 runs a day can now only make 1

2. I haven't heard any results of contraband or something illegal in the Rangers search that wasn't found in the border patrol search, so you know?

Also, I really dislike the idea that the BP is somehow now a political department. They've never been portrayed like that. Underfunded? Yes. Not enough officers? Yes. But I really feel like you guys are boiling them down to just a political pawn and that really isn't right. It's a damn hard and thankless job.

I think this show by Abbott is going to backfire. He's just throwing mud in the wrong peoples eyes. It's grandstanding of the highest order (similar to AOC crying fake tears). It shouldn't be celebrated because it accomplishes absolutely nothing.
Hokie, based on what I've seen, on the news, these are not border patrol people. These are State officials slowing things down. The truckers are going through the border, then, the state officials are stopping them and doing another check.

So, Abbott has the responsibility to defend the people of Texas. The federal government isn't carrying out their lawfully required responsibility. What should the Governor do? I have read that he might have the ability to do his own border protection, when the Federal government becomes derelict in their duties.

Now, this is not (I believe) a means to stop illegals directly; rather, it's to create a leverage play to have a conversation about the border issue.

Honestly, the busing of illegals to DC is performative at best (my opinion).

BTW, the BP is being treated politically right now! Show the outrage there…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
How does either thing create a conversation about the border that actually gets anything done?
packofwolves
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

LOLLLL!!!!!!

Spin Psaki is a joke.

Seems to have worked for one entry point.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-governor-halt-truck-inspections-200133720.html
hokiewolf
packofwolves said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

LOLLLL!!!!!!

Spin Psaki is a joke.

Seems to have worked for one entry point.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-governor-halt-truck-inspections-200133720.html
Gov Valchek out there having Carver paper trucks for minor violations.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

How does either thing create a conversation about the border that actually gets anything done?

Hokie, any leverage play a person can make is an attempt to create conversations, especially when you are in a weak position…

I believe the Biden Admin has put him in a weak position, especially with his constituents…

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Hokie, any leverage play a person can make is an attempt to create conversations, especially when you are in a weak position…

I believe the Biden Admin has put him in a weak position, especially with his constituents…
what specific policy point is he making other then the border needs to be secured? What's the plan?

The plan right now seems to score political points against the administration and then send out the fund raising emails and texts.

The truth is all these stunts do is cause the other side to go out and one up them. There's no conversation. No one wants to tackle this issue because it's too hard
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

what specific policy point is he making other then the border needs to be secured? What's the plan?

The plan right now seems to score political points against the administration and then send out the fund raising emails and texts.

The truth is all these stunts do is cause the other side to go out and one up them. There's no conversation. No one wants to tackle this issue because it's too hard

Hokie, honestly, I don't know what to say…

This illegitimate administration is causing a massive illegal problem! That set the tone! One can sit there and accept it or try and do something about it.

I would think the Border States have tried to have some level of conversation with this illegitimate administration, without results, obviously! Nothings working and now by all projections, the border will see a roughly 18K per day invasion coming soon!

I'm confident you would think that's too much, right?

So, what do you do?

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
What would I do? I would act like a leader instead of a politician
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Have you talked to anybody from Texas and asked what they think of this issue, especially cities asking the border? It's easy for any of us to throw stones from where we sit. Maybe the people in Texas hate this, maybe they applaud it.

From some angles, yes it looks like it could November advertising. But, Abbott only need to answer to Texans. The question should be, what do they think?
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Have you talked to anybody from Texas and asked what they think of this issue, especially cities asking the border? It's easy for any of us to throw stones from where we sit. Maybe the people in Texas hate this, maybe they applaud it.

From some angles, yes it looks like it could November advertising. But, Abbott only need to answer to Texans. The question should be, what do they think?
o totally get that I guess my point would be that these moves by Abbott shouldn't be applauded much like when democrats went to the border when Trump was in office. It's that same thing in my eyes and it does nothing to actually solve the problem
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

o totally get that I guess my point would be that these moves by Abbott shouldn't be applauded much like when democrats went to the border when Trump was in office. It's that same thing in my eyes and it does nothing to actually solve the problem

I think the problem has been created at the federal level. Some of these border states have tried to handle the issue at the State leveland get called out by liberal media. My original post was Psaki's statement regarding US citizens having to pay for Abbott's activities, like Biden has not nothing to do with any of it. My gripe is more with the hypocrisy of the left, as usual.
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/you-know-things-are-bad-when-a-new-hampshire-democrat-is-doing-a-border-security-video/

Quote:

It is not uncommon to see politicians talk tough on border security during an election year. But it is revealing that Senator Maggie Hassan, a Democrat facing reelection this year in New Hampshire, felt the need to travel to the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas and Arizona, and then shoot a video in which she says she is trying to push the Biden administration into putting stronger measures in place ahead of the expiration of Title 42, or delay the move to lift it. She calls for more personnel, technology, and repairing gaps in "physical infrastructure" (just don't call it a "wall").
The border issue always moves the needle. Politicians from both parties recognize this. Unfortunately, Biden and his extremists are too tone deaf to pay attention and Spin Psaki will try to deflect to ANYTHING to avoid admitting she is speaking for the most incompetent administration in our lifetimes.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

What does that mean? What actions would you take?

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

It would be a compromise

1. Increase the number of available work day passes for Mexican nationals

2. Simplify the process for entry into the US with a path to citizen ship after 5 years if you come legally and have no criminal history

3. Make that process more available so that it chokes down the ability for cartels to make a large profit on illegal entry. In crease the supply of legal means of immigration to meet the demand for illegal immigration.

4. Create a path for citizenship for dreamers

5. Create a path to citizenship for illegals currently in the US who have no criminal record. This path would be more arduous then the path to citizenship coming to the US legally

6. Deport illegals with a criminal record

7. Increase technology use and increase budget for border patrol.

8. Walls don't work. Freedom loving people are going to go over, under, around and through but for the sake of compromise, shore up the wall and add to it as a deterrent

9. Focus drug arrests on high level traffickers and not street dealers or easy prosecutions to put dope on the table. Really try to dismantle the cartels network in the US. Legalize marijuana and focus more on fentanyl and amphetamines trafficking.

10. Provide more job training for trades in HS and Community Colleges. Tie welfare to education and job placement. Use it as a lifeline or a second chance but not a lifestyle.

Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

It would be a compromise

2. Simplify the process for entry into the US with a path to citizen ship after 5 years if you come legally and have no criminal history

3. Make that process more available so that it chokes down the ability for cartels to make a large profit on illegal entry. In crease the supply of legal means of immigration to meet the demand for illegal immigration.

5. Create a path to citizenship for illegals currently in the US who have no criminal record. This path would be more arduous then the path to citizenship coming to the US legally

8. Walls don't work. Freedom loving people are going to go over, under, around and through but for the sake of compromise, shore up the wall and add to it as a deterrent

9. Focus drug arrests on high level traffickers and not street dealers or easy prosecutions to put dope on the table. Really try to dismantle the cartels network in the US. Legalize marijuana and focus more on fentanyl and amphetamines trafficking.

10. Provide more job training for trades in HS and Community Colleges. Tie welfare to education and job placement. Use it as a lifeline or a second chance but not a lifestyle.

Lots of good in there. I could get behind a lot of that!
caryking
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

It would be a compromise

I could too. Right now, something has to be done. None of the above deals with todays issue. To get to a place where Hokie's 10 points can be successful, we have to do everything possible to stop the flow, Now!

Once the flow is stopped (all things considered) then you pass a law like Hokie's.

BTW, Trumps stay in Mexico policy helped with the current issue. One at a time, immigrants were processed through our current system (probably the system Hokie would like to change). The key was: illegals were slowed down and were turned into immigrants through the system.

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

It would be a compromise

I could too. Right now, something has to be done. None of the above deals with todays issue. To get to a place where Hokie's 10 points can be successful, we have to do everything possible to stop the flow, Now!

Once the flow is stopped (all things considered) then you pass a law like Hokie's.

BTW, Trumps stay in Mexico policy helped with the current issue. One at a time, immigrants were processed through our current system (probably the system Hokie would like to change). The key was: illegals were slowed down and were turned into immigrants through the system.
I think if you just signal that the path to legal immigration will be made easier, the rush to the border will subside significantly
rednwhitegetrite
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

It would be a compromise

Two Wire references in one day. Love it.
TheStorm
hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

LOLLLL!!!!!!

Spin Psaki is a joke.
Damn. You are outing yourself more and more every single time you post.

I know that you think otherwise and that everyone else is just an idiot, but that couldn't be further from the truth.
hokiewolf
TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

LOLLLL!!!!!!

Spin Psaki is a joke.

I know that you think otherwise and that everyone else is just an idiot, but that couldn't be further from the truth.
feel free to let me in on the full story then. As I said I was listening. To a news interview while traveling so maybe I don't have the full story.

I don't think anyone is an idiot here except the one tarheel fan who pays James for the privilege to talk junk on the football board. That guy is an idiot
caryking
hokiewolf said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

LOLLLL!!!!!!

Spin Psaki is a joke.

feel free to let me in on the full story then. As I said I was listening. To a news interview while traveling so maybe I don't have the full story.

I don't think anyone is an idiot here except the one tarheel fan who pays James for the privilege to talk junk on the football board. That guy is an idiot
Hokie, I think you are mighty naive to think that's not spin. I have no idea what affect the stops are having on life in Texas; however, I'm confident, Psaki has "ZERO" data points, this quick, to make her outlandish comments.

For that, Psaki is spinning like crazy!!

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

LOLLLL!!!!!!

Spin Psaki is a joke.

Hokie, I think you are mighty naive to think that's not spin. I have no idea what affect the stops are having on life in Texas; however, I'm confident, Psaki has "ZERO" data points, this quick, to make her outlandish comments.

Thats fine and dandy, but you also stated here yesterday that the delay was only one hour. The interview I listened to stated that it was a multi hour wait to get through the second check point and was having an affect on transfer of cargo into the US.
TheStorm
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

LOLLLL!!!!!!

Spin Psaki is a joke.

Thats fine and dandy, but you also stated here yesterday that the delay was only one hour. The interview I listened to stated that it was a multi hour wait to get through the second check point and was having an affect on transfer of cargo into the US.
Yeah, I think that Biden's Administration has been getting plenty of "cargo" into the US for the last 15 months... I also realize that you do not agree, and that you are also against not only "laws" but "basic rules and common sense" as well when it comes to our Southern Border.

Your approach to stopping bank robberies is to just leave the bags of money for them sitting outside the drive thru and then they wouldn't have a reason to rob the bank.

You've gotten to the point - when you actually forced to articulate your positions anyway - that you are nothing anywhere even relatively close to what I've ever considered to be an "Independant".

Unaffiliated or not - you are a democrat... the only person that refuses to recognize that at this point is you.

Appeasement is not an effective diplomacy strategy. Never has been. Never will be.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

LOLLLL!!!!!!

Spin Psaki is a joke.

Actually, my exact quote was "an hour or so"…

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

LOLLLL!!!!!!

Spin Psaki is a joke.

Yeah, I think that Biden's Administration has been getting plenty of "cargo" into the US for the last 15 months... I also realize that you do not agree, and that you are also against not only "laws" but "basic rules and common sense" as well when it comes to our Southern Border.

Your approach to stopping bank robberies is to just leave the bags of money for them sitting outside the drive thru and then they wouldn't have a reason to rob the bank.

You've gotten to the point - when you actually forced to articulate your positions anyway - that you are nothing anywhere even relatively close to what I've ever considered to be an "Independant".

Unaffiliated or not - you are a democrat... the only person that refuses to recognize that at this point is you.

Appeasement is not an effective diplomacy strategy. Never has been. Never will be.
so you're saying you didn't like my proposal from yesterday? I even got those ultra libs Cary and Steve to say it was at least decent.
TheStorm
I got through about half of it and after a couple of "basic common sense" non-starters, I gave up on it.

At least you aren't in GP and Werewolf status to where I don't even attempt to read your posts anymore.

Sometime - maybe a couple of years down the road from now even - I hope that you can go back and read exactly what it is that you have posted here over the last 6+ months or so... maybe then you will be better able to figure out what you are and what you aren't at that point. Right now, you definitely aren't what you personally think you are.

And at the end of the day, you don't have to satisfy anyone on here other than yourself...
hokiewolf
I'm pretty comfortable in my convictions. They don't change with the mob. I don't believe in boggie men. And I think the best solution always arrives at the compromise where no one is 100% happy.

I want America to win, not a political party.

Appreciate you not putting me on ignore too!
caryking
hokiewolf said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Steve Videtich said:

LOLLLL!!!!!!

Spin Psaki is a joke.

so you're saying you didn't like my proposal from yesterday? I even got those ultra libs Cary and Steve to say it was at least decent.
I want to chime in here. Yes, I said I could agree with your points; however, I want to start from a different premise. Lock the boarder (as best we can) and then implement your points…

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
Ok, this one is one that can't be explained away. I hope it's some sort of running gag mainly because I don't want Harris I the White House

hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

I want to chime in here. Yes, I said I could agree with your points; however, I want to start from a different premise. Lock the boarder (as best we can) and then implement your points…
Kind of my point, in a compromise, you aren't going to get to lock the border first. But you get a whole lot of other stuff that you like and some you probably don't like
Packchem91
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

Kind of my point, in a compromise, you aren't going to get to lock the border first. But you get a whole lot of other stuff that you like and some you probably don't like
So you're actually suggesting the people that have been sent to Washington do something constructive and act intelligent and come up with a solution, instead of both sides appealing to their vocal extremes and refusing to make anything happen?
Man, have you gone crazy?
I've read here we should never compromise, just stick to your agenda and if you can't get it, do nothing, or let your president (each of the last 2) just enact things. But hey, with that "no compromise" approach, you can always go back to your loudmouth base waving your rainbow flag or don't tread on me flag and get the respective talking heads at the team news sites to praise you for getting nothing done.
hokiewolf
Yes! As I've said here in the past. An empty barrel makes the most noise. We have elected to many empty barrels on the left and right.
caryking
Not only have we elected too many empty barrels to Washington, we have a bunch of empty barrels in this forum…

Joe Biden
First Page Last Page
Page 155 of 157

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.