The Biden Administration

433,375 Views | 5465 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by James Henderson
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Perhaps, this should have its own thread...

Have you seen what was discovered at the U of Pittsburgh? They have been doing organ harvesting, in some cases of live babies at 42 weeks old. This is some sick stuff. Another sick part is that the NIH has been funding it.

So, in the coronavirus thread, people are quoting data from all kinds of federal agency's; well, what little bit of confidence or respect I had, it's 100% gone!!! Especially, the NIH, CDC and their recommendations of treating this virus. They are lost!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
IseWolf22
hokiewolf said:

mdreid said:

hokiewolf said:

Oh hi hidden tax!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bipartisan-infrastructure-bill-biden-national-mileage-fee
my guess this is for electric vehicles, since you cant hit them with the gas tax hit them with a mileage tax each year at their registration renewal...
my guess this is for all vehicles and wil be on top of the gas tax

Given the assumption these taxes are to pay for roads, mileage and gas tax are both inferior to a tire tax. 18 wheelers cause the vast majority of road damage.
We also would have less trucking in general if we could finally get rid of the Jones Act.
caryking
IseWolf22 said:

hokiewolf said:

mdreid said:

hokiewolf said:

Oh hi hidden tax!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bipartisan-infrastructure-bill-biden-national-mileage-fee
my guess this is for electric vehicles, since you cant hit them with the gas tax hit them with a mileage tax each year at their registration renewal...

Given the assumption these taxes are to pay for roads, mileage and gas tax are both inferior to a tire tax. 18 wheelers cause the vast majority of road damage.
We also would have less trucking in general if we could finally get rid of the Jones Act.
Yea, I'm not understanding how we are going to have less road damage, by truckers, if we repeal an act regarding ports... help me on that one...

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
This is what I'm talking about when I said I soured on Trump. Look at how DeSantis stays on point and deliveries a powerful body blow.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/08/06/desantis-delivers-another-knock-out-punch-to-biden-n2593740
caryking
hokiewolf said:

This is what I'm talking about when I said I soured on Trump. Look at how DeSantis stays on point and deliveries a powerful body blow.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/08/06/desantis-delivers-another-knock-out-punch-to-biden-n2593740
Yes, I agree, Desantis is really at communicating. Trump is more raw. That being said, all these policies everyone is supporting were formed byTrump, and his team: Bannon, Cortes, Navarro, and a few more...

Joe Biden
packgrad
hokiewolf said:

Yeah. DeSantis needs to be the horse. I liked Trump's results. Not his speeches. DeSantis may be the sweet spot.
cowboypack02
bsorry11 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

bsorry11 said:

mdreid said:

Student Loan Pause is extended until 1-31-22,

originally supposed to end at the end of September with payments resuming in October.

Would be nice if the gov used this time period to simplify the program.

Not possible in six months, but I'll be impressed by whatever administration tackles the issue of rising college costs. Feds are in a position to do so as the financier.
Take the feds completely out of college lending and the problem will fix itself
Agree. But I think we're too far down that path to realistically expect that dramatic change. Even if it's privatized, there will be some serious constraints on lenders or mandates to take certain actions.

Nah...it's as simple as the government saying that they will no longer back school loans after this date 2-3 years down the road and then just staying out of it completely.

If the banks want to lend on schools they'll do it and if not they won't. At the very least it will force schools to cut the cost of education because the faucet will be cut off from the federal government
cowboypack02
packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

Yeah. DeSantis needs to be the horse. I liked Trump's results. Not his speeches. DeSantis may be the sweet spot.

Love DeSantis. If he gets into the presidential for 2024 he'll be the frontrunner.

I don't think that Harris or Biden could win against him in a election that there isn't cheating going on
FlossyDFlynt
packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

Really hope he decides to run in 2024. He would be the first in quite a while that I could actually get behind as a candidate
Civilized
Trump wins the primary if he and DeSantis end up facing off.

Is Trump really going to step aside and allow DeSantis to shoot his shot?
Steve Videtich
Civilized said:

I would vote for either one. I personally think Trump should throw his support behind DeSantis because it would get the Trump haters vote back on the right side.
caryking
cowboypack02 said:

bsorry11 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

bsorry11 said:

mdreid said:

Student Loan Pause is extended until 1-31-22,

originally supposed to end at the end of September with payments resuming in October.

Would be nice if the gov used this time period to simplify the program.

Not possible in six months, but I'll be impressed by whatever administration tackles the issue of rising college costs. Feds are in a position to do so as the financier.
Take the feds completely out of college lending and the problem will fix itself
Agree. But I think we're too far down that path to realistically expect that dramatic change. Even if it's privatized, there will be some serious constraints on lenders or mandates to take certain actions.

Nah...it's as simple as the government saying that they will no longer back school loans after this date 2-3 years down the road and then just staying out of it completely.

If the banks want to lend on schools they'll do it and if not they won't. At the very least it will force schools to cut the cost of education because the faucet will be cut off from the federal government
Cowboy, I haven't studied how the money is spent, from the federal government. That being said, I know of professors (I'm sure you do too) at NC State that never do a days work in the classroom. They only do research. My assumption is that research is federally funded.

So, I don't know how much of our tuition is actually going directly to teaching and administration. We have to think about income streams: tuition, individual or corporate giving, federal funding, and athletics. A University is just like any other government agency, the money is fungible...

Really, a deep dive into the budget and post (P&L) income and expense allocation needs to be done. That way, we can truly understand why the cost of tuition is going up so much...

Joe Biden
caryking
Civilized said:

No! Trump is all in for 2024.

Joe Biden
mdreid
caryking said:

Civilized said:

which leads for a split ticket and a easy victory for Dems in 2024, i dont see the Republican party giving the nomination to Trump, he'll be booted to some new third party and not invited to any debates.
bgr3
mdreid said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

which leads for a split ticket and a easy victory for Dems in 2024, i dont see the Republican party giving the nomination to Trump, he'll be booted to some new third party and not invited to any debates.

And his voters will still split the vote and provide us with President Officer Harris.
bgr3
If the election was rigged and/or stolen why would Trump run again in another election that will be rigged and stolen?

mdreid
bgr3 said:

If the election was rigged and/or stolen why would Trump run again in another election that will be rigged and stolen?

$$$

just last weekend i saw a stand in the middle of nowhere selling Trump 2024 merch
caryking
mdreid said:

bgr3 said:

$$$

just last weekend i saw a stand in the middle of nowhere selling Trump 2024 merch
Do you really think that 2024 Mersch means anything to him? Come on? Any profits, I'm sure are going to his campaign...

BTW, the election is going to be proved that is was rigged/stolen and he actually may have gotten the 80+ million votes. No way did Biden win this!

Joe Biden
mdreid
caryking said:

mdreid said:

bgr3 said:

$$$

Do you really think that 2024 Mersch means anything to him? Come on? Any profits, I'm sure are going to his campaign...

BTW, the election is going to be proved that is was rigged/stolen and he actually may have gotten the 80+ million votes. No way did Biden win this!
exactly he's got people hooked, unlike your typical president who does private speaking engagements for big bucks, Trump will hold rallies and get donations from the working man, he's a business man and not stupid its all about the money
bgr3
caryking said:

mdreid said:

bgr3 said:

$$$

Respectfully, I don't buy it.
caryking
bgr3 said:

caryking said:

mdreid said:

bgr3 said:

$$$

Respectfully, I don't buy it.
You probably don't...

Joe Biden
caryking
mdreid said:

caryking said:

mdreid said:

bgr3 said:

$$$

exactly he's got people hooked, unlike your typical president who does private speaking engagements for big bucks, Trump will hold rallies and get donations from the working man, he's a business man and not stupid its all about the money
Name one politician that isn't about the money (or power). I think the irrational mindset about Trump is funny! Look at people like Richard Burr, Barack Obama, the Clintons, Mitch McConnel, and more... it was always about the money (or power) for them.

I get people don't like Trumps antics; however, he spoke to the middle class more than anybody else really ever did. And, his policies worked for them...

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
And you knew who and what you voted for. You get what you were told you were getting.

This BS administration will go down in history as the worst. The lefties here claim they didn't vote for Trump because he was rude... well.. they elected a puppet. And they are happy being led by the strings.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
cowboypack02
I'd actually be ok with Harris being the next president.

Lets go ahead and get the next civil war started so we can get it over with. The country is headed that way anyway so we might as well get there as fast as possible
caryking
cowboypack02 said:

Lets go ahead and get the next civil war started so we can get it over with. The country is headed that way anyway so we might as well get there as fast as possible
What are we fighting over? I sure someone will make it about slavery... You know, we have plenty in the oppressed category...

Joe Biden
packwest
cowboypack02 said:

Dear god.

The country isn't heading to civil war. The only ones that think so are those with a perceived slight and clamoring for it on social media and whatever dark website hasn't banned them for violating terms of use.
caryking
bsorry11 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Dear god.

The country isn't heading to civil war. The only ones that think so are those with a perceived slight and clamoring for it on social media and whatever dark website hasn't banned them for violating terms of use.

What flavor kool-aid are you drinking?

Joe Biden
packwest
caryking said:

bsorry11 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Dear god.

What is there to fight a civil war over except that people are mad Trump lost?
IseWolf22
caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

hokiewolf said:

mdreid said:

hokiewolf said:

Oh hi hidden tax!

Yea, I'm not understanding how we are going to have less road damage, by truckers, if we repeal an act regarding ports... help me on that one...
The Jones act makes artificially raises the cost to to ship between US ports. As a result, a lot of stuff is trucked across the country that could have gone on a cargo ship in a free market. That would result in less trucking overall and lower transportation costs for business.
Oldsouljer
bsorry11 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Dear god.

I'm old enough to be able to say that I've seen a lot of "it'll never happen"s become reality in my lifetime.
TheStorm
bsorry11 said:

caryking said:

bsorry11 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Dear god.

Ummmm. He's definitely drinking the BLUE Kool-aid...
cowboypack02
bsorry11 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Dear god.

You sure about that? We have a country with two sides who's beliefs are diametrically opposed to the other with one of those sides pretty sure that the people who end up being elected to represent them don't have any interest in that.

The democrat side is going more towards socialism every day....they picked Bernie Sanders as the committee chair on the budget for god sakes. Biden has reached the "i know it's unconstitutional but what is anyone going to do about it" part of his presidency 7 months in. We've got the congress actively attempting to create a national police force with the capital police setting up offices in California and Florida.

The justice system is turning into a "who does the decision impact" branch of the government. If you don't believe me lets look at the way the protestors from 1/6 have been treated as compared to the DC protestors last year.....or to how the folks who tried to burn down DC were treated when Trump was inaugurated in 2017. The folks who participated and have been arrested on 1/6 aren't being allowed to see family, meet with attorneys on a regular basis, and being held for months without being able to be with other people in jail at all. The folks who set a Secret Service building on fire at the grounds of the white house last year, injured 30-40 secret service agents, and tore down several of the fences protecting the white house weren't treated that way at all.

We are getting bureaucratic parts of government who weren't elected at all dictating policy that is violating our rights as a population and don't have to answer for it at all. If you don't believe me take some time to watch Fauci's testimony with Jim Jordan or Ran Paul

The media is a propaganda arm for the democratic party at this point, everyone knows about it and everyone laughs about it.

The politicians and a lot of the "connected" people in this country have quickly turned to the "let them eat cake" phase of things. Just look at Obama's party over the weekend....hundreds of people there not wearing mask enjoying live to their hearts content all while a the writer for the NY Times argues that Obama's party is different then other people getting together because of who it is. Don't forget that while Obama's party is going on some of the people are the same folks running the government telling you that you have to wear two mask, you shouldn't be sending your kids to school, you shouldn't be going to work, and if your a landlord you should be able to collect rent from your tenants....

You've got Antifa and Black Lives Matter running around burning down cities at any perceived slight, all while the politicians who support those groups are working to defund the police. The same politicians who are taking the police funding away are spending obscene amounts of money on their armed, private security staff with your tax dollars. Don't forget the same people want to take away the ability for you to defend yourself by getting rid of the second amendment.

You don't have to take my word for any of it...you can look it all up in the papers and media reports or listen to politicians themselves....How long do you think we can continue to go this route without some sort of massive upheaval? Just look at other societies historically before you answer that....we're a whole lot closer than you think.....

packwest
TheStorm said:

bsorry11 said:

caryking said:

bsorry11 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Dear god.

Ummmm. He's definitely drinking the BLUE Kool-aid...

I suppose I've been drinking the sane-flavored kool aid?

Your comment presumes that every R voter is openly advocating for civil war. That's utterly preposterous.
Packchem91
Now I have a bit of a more harsh, different view of Trump's role, etc, from some of you who have suggested the worst thing about Jan 6 was taht "some people trespassed in the Capitol".....but, that setting that aside, this story below absolutely infuriates me, and is a clear example of CNN and AOC partnering to fan flames and try to create some sort of modern female political hero at the same time.
She disgusts me. I no more buy this than I buy some crazy notion like the earth being flat.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on January 6: 'I didn't think that I was just going to be killed' - CNNPolitics
cowboypack02
Packchem91 said:

Now I have a bit of a more harsh, different view of Trump's role, etc, from some of you who have suggested the worst thing about Jan 6 was taht "some people trespassed in the Capitol".....but, that setting that aside, this story below absolutely infuriates me, and is a clear example of CNN and AOC partnering to fan flames and try to create some sort of modern female political hero at the same time.
She disgusts me. I no more buy this than I buy some crazy notion like the earth being flat.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on January 6: 'I didn't think that I was just going to be killed' - CNNPolitics

Does this stance change at all with the court documents coming out today that stated that the protestor were welcomed into the capital building?
First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 157

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.