The Biden Administration

431,057 Views | 5465 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by James Henderson
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

How many years did Trump try to get Hillary and Biden locked up? Remember "lock her up" at all his rallies?
I'm still in favor of getting rid of her
packgrad
Glasswolf said:

How many years did Trump try to get Hillary and Biden locked up? Remember "lock her up" at all his rallies?

Why do you want to see his tax returns?
GuerrillaPack
Illegal Biden regime using the U.S. Military to illegally ship thousands of illegal alien invaders into the nation:

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
cowboypack02
Glasswolf said:

I don't remember Biden chants, but I certainly remember the Clinton chats and I agree with them. If you or I did what Clinton did and destroyed subpoenaed data/equipment and had classified information on a server in a basement somewhere either of us would of been arrested and sentenced to a nice long vacation with lots of metal bars and prison guards walking around.

All i'm asking for is equal treatment under the law, not the two tiered justice system that we have now. If we are applying equal treatment under the law then Clinton should of been locked up.

As far as Biden - Dude just ignored the supreme court on the eviction moratorium. I know there would be protest and calls for impeachment if the last president would of done the same
PackFansXL
cowboypack02 said:

Glasswolf said:

I don't remember Biden chants, but I certainly remember the Clinton chats and I agree with them. If you or I did what Clinton did and destroyed subpoenaed data/equipment and had classified information on a server in a basement somewhere either of us would of been arrested and sentenced to a nice long vacation with lots of metal bars and prison guards walking around.

All i'm asking for is equal treatment under the law, not the two tiered justice system that we have now. If we are applying equal treatment under the law then Clinton should of been locked up.

As far as Biden - Dude just ignored the supreme court on the eviction moratorium. I know there would be protest and calls for impeachment if the last president would of done the same
Biden is trying to apply the old adage about asking for forgiveness instead of permission, but that does not apply after the SCOTUS declared the practice unconstitutional and therefore illegal. He admitted that he knows it is illegal and just yielded to the loud voices from the Squad. Perhaps the activists in his party have something on him that is making him so weak. His willful disregard for his oath of office would appear to meet the grounds for impeachment.
hokiewolf
What Biden is doing is impeachable but obviously that'll never happen. The President and Congress take an oath to uphold the constitution, not just the Supreme Court justices. This kicking the can bs to the Supreme Court is exactly why people think the court has become political. It hasn't, our elected officials have just refused to do their jobs for political expediency
Oldsouljer
PackFansXL said:

cowboypack02 said:

Glasswolf said:

Biden is trying to apply the old adage about asking for forgiveness instead of permission, but that does not apply after the SCOTUS declared the practice unconstitutional and therefore illegal. He admitted that he knows it is illegal and just yielded to the loud voices from the Squad. Perhaps the activists in his party have something on him that is making him so weak. His willful disregard for his oath of office would appear to meet the grounds for impeachment.
Or put another way, I'm not really sure what would be legitimate grounds for impeachment, if not this. It seems we've reached the point that constitutionalists and keen observers of the direction of the country have been dreading for years, a Rubicon moment threatening the demise of the Republic as we knew it. Which isn't to say this is a new phenomenon, the Bidenites are channeling their inner Andrew Jackson....the Supreme Court has made its decision, now let them enforce it. I can think of no example where a President defying the USSC has not led to grief for the nation. Jackson's refusal to uphold the law in Worcester versus Georgia led to the Cherokee Trail of Tears. Roosevelt's intimidation effort against the High Court gave the "reasonable" USSC we have today that has too often compromised on Constitutional interpretation leading us to where we are today.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

PackFansXL said:

cowboypack02 said:

Glasswolf said:

Or put another way, I'm not really sure what would be legitimate grounds for impeachment, if not this. It seems we've reached the point that constitutionalists and keen observers of the direction of the country have been dreading for years, a Rubicon moment threatening the demise of the Republic as we knew it. Which isn't to say this is a new phenomenon, the Bidenites are channeling their inner Andrew Jackson....the Supreme Court has made its decision, now let them enforce it. I can think of no example where a President defying the USSC has not led to grief for the nation. Jackson's refusal to uphold the law in Worcester versus Georgia led to the Cherokee Trail of Tears. Roosevelt's intimidation effort against the High Court gave the "reasonable" USSC we have today that has too often compromised on Constitutional interpretation leading us to where we are today.
guys, I need help finding the Supreme Court ruling everyone's talking about...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/08/the-eviction-moratorium-decree-why-its-unconstitutional/
Quote:

The case then went to the Supreme Court, which ruled on June 29. Four justices (Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch, and Amy Coney Barrett) voted to vacate the stay and enter the injunction, putting a halt to the eviction moratorium. Kavanaugh wrote to explain that he agreed with them meaning a majority of the Court concluded that the moratorium was illegal but he refused to do anything about it:
Quote:

I agree with the District Court . . . that the [CDC] exceeded its existing statutory authority by issuing a nationwide eviction moratorium. . . . Because the CDC plans to end the moratorium in only a few weeks, on July 31, and because those few weeks will allow for additional and more orderly distribution of the congressionally appropriated rental assistance funds, I vote at this time to deny the application to vacate the District Court's stay of its order. . . . In my view, clear and specific congressional authorization (via new legislation) would be necessary for the CDC to extend the moratorium past July 31.

IseWolf22
PackFansXL said:

That's true. The more obvious penalty that will hit many folks is the removal of the "stepped-up-basis." For many families the home is their most valuable asset. See the example below to understand the impact.
Quote:

As we know, Biden intends to eliminate the stepped-up-basis rule for assets transferred to beneficiaries upon death. Under the plan, beneficiaries will assume the same basis in inherited assets as that of the decedent. In the case of a family home, for example, children may inherit a home with a fair market value of $500,000, but which was purchased by the decedent for a small fraction of that and held for decades.

For example, suppose the home was purchased for $50,000 and $25,000 in capital improvements (e.g., new garage; finished basement) were added over time. In that case, the decedent's basis is $75,000. Under current law, the beneficiaries inherit the asset with a basis equal to the fair market value of the property $500,000. If they sell at that price, there is no capital gain.

Biden's plan will eliminate this so-called "stepped-up basis." That means the beneficiaries will inherit the property at a basis equal to that of the decedent's in this example, $75,000. When they sell the property at fair market value ($500,000), they are taxed on capital gain of $425,000.

The result is that wealth is transferred not from parents to children, as it should be, but rather is divided among children and the government, as part of a deliberate plan to destroy the concentration of capital in the hands of private citizens.

They do list an exclusion though:
Quote:

The exclusion of $250,000 under current law for capital gain on the sale of a principal residence would continue to apply, and the exclusion would be "portable to the decedent's surviving spouse, making the exclusion effectively $500,000 per couple"

Would that mean under the above scenario of $75,000, decadents would only be taxed on any sale amount in excess of $575,000? I'm trying to make sure I'm following this correctly.

There is also another exclusion listed:
Quote:

[ol]
The proposal includes a $1 million per-person exclusion from recognition of unrealized capital gains. The exclusion would be indexed for inflation beginning in 2022, and would be portable to the decedent's surviving spouse, effectively creating a $2 million exclusion for married couples. So the exclusion itself is indexed, but the gain itself would not be.[/ol]

If I'm reading this right, this will primarily affect large trusts. It will be sold as a tax on the rich only, because populism is all the rage right now. To be clear I find soak the rich populism to be asinine.

But small business owners seem like the ones who will really get screwed over by this

PackFansXL
IseWolf22 said:

PackFansXL said:

That's true. The more obvious penalty that will hit many folks is the removal of the "stepped-up-basis." For many families the home is their most valuable asset. See the example below to understand the impact.
Quote:

As we know, Biden intends to eliminate the stepped-up-basis rule for assets transferred to beneficiaries upon death. Under the plan, beneficiaries will assume the same basis in inherited assets as that of the decedent. In the case of a family home, for example, children may inherit a home with a fair market value of $500,000, but which was purchased by the decedent for a small fraction of that and held for decades.

For example, suppose the home was purchased for $50,000 and $25,000 in capital improvements (e.g., new garage; finished basement) were added over time. In that case, the decedent's basis is $75,000. Under current law, the beneficiaries inherit the asset with a basis equal to the fair market value of the property $500,000. If they sell at that price, there is no capital gain.

Biden's plan will eliminate this so-called "stepped-up basis." That means the beneficiaries will inherit the property at a basis equal to that of the decedent's in this example, $75,000. When they sell the property at fair market value ($500,000), they are taxed on capital gain of $425,000.

The result is that wealth is transferred not from parents to children, as it should be, but rather is divided among children and the government, as part of a deliberate plan to destroy the concentration of capital in the hands of private citizens.

They do list an exclusion though:
Quote:

The exclusion of $250,000 under current law for capital gain on the sale of a principal residence would continue to apply, and the exclusion would be "portable to the decedent's surviving spouse, making the exclusion effectively $500,000 per couple"

Would that mean under the above scenario of $75,000, decadents would only be taxed on any sale amount in excess of $575,000? I'm trying to make sure I'm following this correctly.

There is also another exclusion listed:
Quote:

[ol]
The proposal includes a $1 million per-person exclusion from recognition of unrealized capital gains. The exclusion would be indexed for inflation beginning in 2022, and would be portable to the decedent's surviving spouse, effectively creating a $2 million exclusion for married couples. So the exclusion itself is indexed, but the gain itself would not be.[/ol]

If I'm reading this right, this will primarily affect large trusts. It will be sold as a tax on the rich only, because populism is all the rage right now. To be clear I find soak the rich populism to be asinine.

But small business owners seem like the ones who will really get screwed over by this

You are right that the exclusion as applied to the $575k example would tax them on the $75k delta this year with the proposed changes. One issue with these thresholds of $250k per person is they are outdated and not indexed for inflation. That threshold was established several years ago. In a few years, the government's slice of the pie will be large because the definition for "rich" will be fixed while inflation sends us all flying beyond the cutoff. For example, I paid $360k for a home 23 years ago and property values are already hitting $1M in this neighborhood.

They are also proposing a large tax for the act of moving assets into a trust in the first place. They want to treat that like a sale as well. It just appears to be more government overreach designed to punish those who work hard and succeed or get lucky with startups or stock investments.
Glasswolf
packgrad said:

Glasswolf said:

Why do you want to see his tax returns?
I don't. I can see he's a grifter and a con man 1000 miles away. Him and his entire family
Steve Videtich
So you voted for Biden?
packgrad
Lol. The president has a crackhead son and he's talking about Trump.
Steve Videtich
packgrad said:

Listen, I'll be the first one in line to say Trump is no boy scout, not by a long shot. But, to act like Biden is any upgrade is dumbfounding to me. I would be fine with a clean slate in DC. Everyone there is corrupt! You have to weed through the trash to find a barely touched cookie when voting these days.
cowboypack02
packgrad said:

10% for the big guy baby!!
mdreid
Student Loan Pause is extended until 1-31-22,

originally supposed to end at the end of September with payments resuming in October.
Civilized
Steve Videtich said:

packgrad said:

Listen, I'll be the first one in line to say Trump is no boy scout, not by a long shot. But, to act like Biden is any upgrade is dumbfounding to me. I would be fine with a clean slate in DC. Everyone there is corrupt! You have to weed through the trash to find a barely touched cookie when voting these days.

Completely agree.

Lack of term limits and two party system are suboptimal.
Oldsouljer
Steve Videtich said:

packgrad said:

Particularly since one was the closest thing to an outsider ever to go to the White House while the other has been in Washington for decades.
packgrad
Steve Videtich said:

packgrad said:

No doubt about it. How anyone can talk about Trump and his ENTIRE family but act like Biden is an upgrade is hilarious. I'd love to know what Ivanka has done to trigger glass.
packgrad
Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

packgrad said:

Completely agree.

Lack of term limits and two party system are suboptimal.

Lol
packgrad
Yep. Frauds.

Packchem91
packgrad said:

Yep. Frauds.

Could be....but have we had any cops sit on a man and him die lately? I mean, there was a pretty good-sized trigger to all that stuff last year
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Yep. Frauds.

Could be....but have we had any cops sit on a man and him die lately? I mean, there was a pretty good-sized trigger to all that stuff last year

Yep. An election.
packwest
mdreid said:

originally supposed to end at the end of September with payments resuming in October.

Would be nice if the gov used this time period to simplify the program.

Not possible in six months, but I'll be impressed by whatever administration tackles the issue of rising college costs. Feds are in a position to do so as the financier.
hokiewolf
Oh hi hidden tax!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bipartisan-infrastructure-bill-biden-national-mileage-fee
FlossyDFlynt
bsorry11 said:

mdreid said:

Not possible in six months, but I'll be impressed by whatever administration tackles the issue of rising college costs. Feds are in a position to do so as the financier.
Take the feds completely out of college lending and the problem will fix itself
packwest
FlossyDFlynt said:

bsorry11 said:

mdreid said:

Agree. But I think we're too far down that path to realistically expect that dramatic change. Even if it's privatized, there will be some serious constraints on lenders or mandates to take certain actions.
IseWolf22
Thank you
IseWolf22
FlossyDFlynt said:

bsorry11 said:

mdreid said:

Completely agree.

Also more colleges need to look at Purdue and their tuition repayment program. They may lead the country in controlling costs and trying to find sensible solutions. Theyve had tuition frozen for quite a few years now.
mdreid
hokiewolf said:

Oh hi hidden tax!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bipartisan-infrastructure-bill-biden-national-mileage-fee
my guess this is for electric vehicles, since you cant hit them with the gas tax hit them with a mileage tax each year at their registration renewal...
Steve Videtich
packgrad said:

Steve Videtich said:

packgrad said:

No doubt about it. How anyone can talk about Trump and his ENTIRE family but act like Biden is an upgrade is hilarious. I'd love to know what Ivanka has done to trigger glass.

Our country is suffering through the largest act of agnotology we've ever seen!
hokiewolf
Can't believe that we get two really good opinion pieces out of the post this week

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/08/06/eviction-moratorium-mess-biden-cdc/
hokiewolf
mdreid said:

hokiewolf said:

Oh hi hidden tax!

my guess this is for electric vehicles, since you cant hit them with the gas tax hit them with a mileage tax each year at their registration renewal...
my guess this is for all vehicles and wil be on top of the gas tax
packofwolves
hokiewolf said:

mdreid said:

hokiewolf said:

Oh hi hidden tax!

my guess this is for all vehicles and wil be on top of the gas tax

Thought I read it was for all vehicles. Guess we will find out.
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 157

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.