The Biden Administration

156,130 Views | 3279 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Oldsouljer
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mrcpack17 said:

You're the one that brought up your dad, not me.


Your dad. Lol. So much TDS. Poor fella.
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can anyone give examples of Trump clearly making a legitimate attempt to compliment a group of people who and getting lambasted for being racist?
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

Can anyone give examples of Trump clearly making a legitimate attempt to compliment a group of people who and getting lambasted for being racist?


You have internet. Why do you constantly ask other people to search for you?

#veryfinepeople
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Can anyone give examples of Trump clearly making a legitimate attempt to compliment a group of people who and getting lambasted for being racist?


You have internet. Why do you constantly ask other people to search for you?

#veryfinepeople

Because I'm not the one making unjustified assertions.
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Can anyone give examples of Trump clearly making a legitimate attempt to compliment a group of people who and getting lambasted for being racist?


You have internet. Why do you constantly ask other people to search for you?

#veryfinepeople

Because I'm not the one making unjustified assertions.


Because you're lazy.
mrcpack17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Obsessed.
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mrcpack17 said:

Obsessed.


Agreed. You are. TDS is a sickness.
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Can anyone give examples of Trump clearly making a legitimate attempt to compliment a group of people who and getting lambasted for being racist?


You have internet. Why do you constantly ask other people to search for you?

#veryfinepeople

Because I'm not the one making unjustified assertions.


Because you're lazy.

It's not my job to substantiate your point. That's your job. You brought it up, not me.

Of course, you can't substantiate your intellectually dishonest point. So, there's that too.


packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Can anyone give examples of Trump clearly making a legitimate attempt to compliment a group of people who and getting lambasted for being racist?


You have internet. Why do you constantly ask other people to search for you?

#veryfinepeople

Because I'm not the one making unjustified assertions.


Because you're lazy.

It's not my job to substantiate your point. That's your job. You brought it up, not me.

Of course, you can't substantiate your intellectually dishonest point. So, there's that too.





Of course I already did. So there's that too. But please pretend someone else is being intellectually dishonest. Standard practice.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civ, intellectual laziness is what you are being called... if you think that Trump was "NOT" completely misquoted and/or taken out of context, then we have no debate.

No one needs and/or wants to do your work when we all know your TDS will not let it sink in... BTW, the call to the Georgia SOS is a clear example if you will be honest with yourself...
The dissenting opinion has been sidelined!!!!!
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Can anyone give examples of Trump clearly making a legitimate attempt to compliment a group of people who and getting lambasted for being racist?


You have internet. Why do you constantly ask other people to search for you?

#veryfinepeople

Because I'm not the one making unjustified assertions.


Because you're lazy.

It's not my job to substantiate your point. That's your job. You brought it up, not me.

Of course, you can't substantiate your intellectually dishonest point. So, there's that too.



I try to avoid as much as possible discussing things with you. You never answer questions you deflect and pivot to another topic. Plus what you bring to the table is so easily refuted that it took me all of about 5 seconds to find dozens of articles that you were too lazy or intellectually incapable of finding for yourself.

Now you should really get tired of getting thumped on here like a marble during the Great Depression. Unless you have some fetish for being made to look ill prepared and foolish I'd call it quits.

Here's one instance for when President Trump was taken out of context and it was spun by the lefty media and folks like yourself for weeks. Enjoy and best of luck to you. You obviously need it.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/05/17/media/media-trump-animals-immigrants/index.html
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Can anyone give examples of Trump clearly making a legitimate attempt to compliment a group of people who and getting lambasted for being racist?


You have internet. Why do you constantly ask other people to search for you?

#veryfinepeople

Because I'm not the one making unjustified assertions.


Because you're lazy.

It's not my job to substantiate your point. That's your job. You brought it up, not me.

Of course, you can't substantiate your intellectually dishonest point. So, there's that too.



I try to avoid as much as possible discussing things with you. You never answer questions you deflect and pivot to another topic. Plus what you bring to the table is so easily refuted that it took me all of about 5 seconds to find dozens of articles that you were too lazy or intellectually incapable of finding for yourself.

Now you should really get tired of getting thumped on here like a marble during the Great Depression. Unless you have some fetish for being made to look ill prepared and foolish I'd call it quits.

Here's one instance for when President Trump was taken out of context and it was spun by the lefty media and folks like yourself for weeks. Enjoy and best of luck to you. You obviously need it.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/05/17/media/media-trump-animals-immigrants/index.html

Biden was very clearly complimenting Indian-Americans. His word choices are clumsy AF but he was clearly trying to pay a compliment. That's a very clear difference.

Who was Trump complimenting by calling them animals?

When you implement Muslim bans, broadly call Mexicans rapists and criminals, pander to white supremacists, lobby against Mexican judges from hearing your cases because you think they're biased against you, deride immigrants coming from "****hole" countries, tell Africans to go back to their huts, talk about Haitians coming to American as all having AIDS, and so many more I can't remember because the list is so long and distinguished you're not getting the benefit of the doubt when you say stuff that's nebulously offensive.

And why should he? He already shown he's perfectly willing to frequently engage in explicitly offensive speech towards minorities; nebulously offensive speech certainly isn't a stretch.

But hey, let's just all act like the media hated Trump because he was some normal conservative or normal Republican (even though we all know he's not even really a conservative or a Republican) and not because he so frequently engaged in hateful and divisive rhetoric and pandered to white nationalists and tried to undermine our democracy.

As I have said many, many times on here, there is a huge opportunity for the right to nominate a competent, professional, compassionate conservative in 2024. If they do, they will win. And that candidate will not be treated the same as Trump by the MSM.
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pandered to white nationalist and tried to undermine our democracy. Lol. Talk about being intellectually dishonest. Democrats just don't believe in behaving the way they expect others to behave. The hypocrisy is never ending.
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?

packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?

BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Referring to MS-13 as animals is one of the nicest things he could say to people that skin their rivals alive, behead them, kill children, rape, murder and dismember women. What would you call that type of behavior?

Ahhh....never mind...I already know. Future voters for your party.

As far as the Muslim ban.... that's a farce from the left echoed by you because you don't take the time to educate yourself on a topic before coming on here and spouting off CNN and MSNBC talking points. You honestly make it too easy.

How many Muslim countries in the world are there? Since you have proved once again to be incapable of providing any substance to a discussion why don't you have a seat and break out a pencil and a piece of paper and I'll once again school you.

According to the Pew Research Center, there are a total of 50 Muslim-majority nations in the world. However, according to World Atlas, there are 45 Islamic countries.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/muslim-majority-countries

President Trump's "travel ban" was for the following countries that had proven in the past to be a threat to the United States. Now you can word it however you want in order to do exactly what you challenged us to prove that was done to President Trump by the media and the SOCIALIST PARTY.

  • Iran
  • Syria
  • Yemen
  • Somalia
  • Libya

Which one of those countries do you view as "friends" of the United States?

Chad, Iraq and Sudan have been removed after they improved their security screenings, back ground checks and met the required standards put in place. North Korea and Venezuela, NOT Muslim countries, were also on the list and still are. Where's the lefty outrage on those two being on the list?

I'll tell you where. It's not. there's no group crying to be victims from there because they don't check off one of you and your lefties' "-ism" box.

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2018/trump-travel-ban-supreme-court-decision-countries-map/

So when you post all the nonsense you do haplessly trying to prove a non-existent point at least be prepared. I just shot down your arguments with credible sources to prove that you and your lefty buddies are dead wrong and at best HYPOCRITES.

That's no secret. It's what your party has been known for for decades. At least own it.

Again, next time you come at me at least make it challenging.
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HYPOCRISY! SOCIALISTS! NOT!
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
INDEPENDENT!
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I ask anyone to prove what BBW said as false... you may not like his rhetoric; however, his points are indisputable!
The dissenting opinion has been sidelined!!!!!
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

HYPOCRISY! SOCIALISTS! NOT!
Please..... explain...... we'd love to hear from you. You drop by... make jokes.... expound upon your political positions.... or...just cancel. Looks like what VT is good at. Game could be close...let's cancel.....

hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

HYPOCRISY! SOCIALISTS! NOT!
Please..... explain...... we'd love to hear from you. You drop by... make jokes.... expound upon your political positions.... or...just cancel. Looks like what VT is good at. Game could be close...let's cancel.....


see, I just took the bolded and capitalized portions of your posts and added exclamation marks.

Then you had to go and drag my alma mater. Who's the Socialist now???

PS. You take things too seriously
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Back to things I find interesting. - this COVID bill is pretty neat. About 1% of it goes to actually fighting COVID, the rest is pretty much whole hog pulled pork.

And the kicker added late of lowering the threshold for tax for gig economy jobs from $20k to $600 is something else.

Way to stick it to the rich! That'll tech'em to use their Tesla as an Uber!
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This back and forth started because of intellectually dishonest claims that Trump got called racist or xenophobic by the MSM for clumsy compliments he made in good faith.

He got called racist or xenophobic for doing the things I enumerated, and many others, not for trying to compliment anyone.

Can any of you find a single example to support the initial claim on here, where the mainstream media went after Trump for a legitimate attempt at a compliment of someone other than the laughable 'very fine people' compliment that sounded a helluva lot like he was complimenting white nationalists?

Regarding MS-13, Trump preyed on xenophobia and white fear his whole presidency in various ways including by chronically overstating the criminality associated with immigration - illegal or legal - and baiting with statements like "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best they're not sending you," Mr. Trump said then. "They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

It's abundantly clear Trump hated our immigration policies but the top-down vibe he fostered and fueled was hating immigrants themselves. When you paint with broad brushes and say repugnant **** about Mexicans, Haitians, Africans, sitting immigrant US Congresswomen, whoever, when you're the US President, you're going to get called out for it. That's a far cry from Biden not being condemned for a goofy as hell attempt at an obvious actual compliment.

Regarding Trump's Muslim ban, various federal and district courts issued 10 or 12 stays or injunctions against the first two broad and obviously discriminatory versions of the ban. The modified third version was finally deemed sufficiently constitutional to proceed. Trump made his intent plain from the jump though.

"Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump called Monday for 'a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.'

In the most dramatic reaction to date from a presidential contender to recent terrorist attacks, Trump argued that anyone belonging to the faith should be considered a potential threat. The ban would presumably apply to immigrants, tourists and business travelers. It would also include Muslim-American citizens outside of the country who are looking to return, Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks confirmed to The Hill in an email.

"Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension," Trump said in the statement. "Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life. If I win the election for President, we are going to Make America Great Again."

That's not some sober, measured policy description. That's "All Muslims, including American citizens abroad, should be viewed as jihadists unless they are able to prove otherwise. MAGA!"

It's against that backdrop that Trump's words and actions were judged during his presidency. The media didn't create that backdrop, Trump did. With intent. He ramped it up during his campaign and carried it through his presidency. A lot of Americans like it and it got him elected. He embraced it. He knew what he was doing. The way he sounded - irreverent, unafraid of trampling liberal snowflake's feelings, being not just willing but eager to say things he though white Americans wanted to hear - was exactly the way he wanted to sound. Trump is not a victim of the press.

The MSM is biased.

Trump is not a victim.

Both those things are true.
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can anyone find a single example other than the example that doesn't suit civilized's narrative? So just one other example? Because that one doesn't count. Because it's exactly the same thing, but civilized used it exactly as he was told to by the media so he's so outraged. Lol.

Biden clearly has a history of racist comments about black and brown people. I guess they don't count because Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens-history-of-controversial-racial-comments
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

This back and forth started because of intellectually dishonest claims that Trump got called racist or xenophobic by the MSM for clumsy compliments he made in good faith.

He got called racist or xenophobic for doing the things I enumerated, and many others, not for trying to compliment anyone.

Can any of you find a single example to support the initial claim on here, where the mainstream media went after Trump for a legitimate attempt at a compliment of someone other than the laughable 'very fine people' compliment that sounded a helluva lot like he was complimenting white nationalists?

Regarding MS-13, Trump preyed on xenophobia and white fear his whole presidency in various ways including by chronically overstating the criminality associated with immigration - illegal or legal - and baiting with statements like "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best they're not sending you," Mr. Trump said then. "They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

It's abundantly clear Trump hated our immigration policies but the top-down vibe he fostered and fueled was hating immigrants themselves. When you paint with broad brushes and say repugnant **** about Mexicans, Haitians, Africans, sitting immigrant US Congresswomen, whoever, when you're the US President, you're going to get called out for it. That's a far cry from Biden not being condemned for a goofy as hell attempt at an obvious actual compliment.

Regarding Trump's Muslim ban, various federal and district courts issued 10 or 12 stays or injunctions against the first two broad and obviously discriminatory versions of the ban. The modified third version was finally deemed sufficiently constitutional to proceed. Trump made his intent plain from the jump though.

"Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump called Monday for 'a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.'

In the most dramatic reaction to date from a presidential contender to recent terrorist attacks, Trump argued that anyone belonging to the faith should be considered a potential threat. The ban would presumably apply to immigrants, tourists and business travelers. It would also include Muslim-American citizens outside of the country who are looking to return, Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks confirmed to The Hill in an email.

"Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension," Trump said in the statement. "Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life. If I win the election for President, we are going to Make America Great Again."

That's not some sober, measured policy description. That's "All Muslims, including American citizens abroad, should be viewed as jihadists unless they are able to prove otherwise. MAGA!"

It's against that backdrop that Trump's words and actions were judged during his presidency. The media didn't create that backdrop, Trump did. With intent. He ramped it up during his campaign and carried it through his presidency. A lot of Americans like it and it got him elected. He embraced it. He knew what he was doing. The way he sounded - irreverent, unafraid of trampling liberal snowflake's feelings, being not just willing but eager to say things he though white Americans wanted to hear - was exactly the way he wanted to sound. Trump is not a victim of the press.

The MSM is biased.

Trump is not a victim.

Both those things are true.
Civ, see my post just a few up from here. It was directed at you...
The dissenting opinion has been sidelined!!!!!
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He obviously doesn't read them.

Civ wants us to find proof that he's right. He can't find it.

Give it up Civ. You lost this one.
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So Trump's legacy is that the one compliment of his people can find that got misconstrued during a four-year term was him quite possibly complimenting...white nationalists?

LOLOLOL

If that doesn't sum up Trump's 'very fine' presidency, I don't know what does.
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBW12OG said:

He obviously doesn't read them.

Civ wants us to find proof that he's right. He can't find it.

Give it up Civ. You lost this one.

Oh I'm definitely right that when you lie all the time, frequently say hateful ****, and want to be seen as the guy that does battle with the mean liberal MSM, the media will treat you a lot worse than if you're compassionate and professional.

Trump made that bed with the media. It's his fault he has to lie in it, not anyone else's.

Elect someone that's not a vindictive, impulsive child masquerading as a President next time. Everybody wins!
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

So Trump's legacy is that the one compliment of his people can find that got misconstrued during a four-year term was him quite possibly complimenting...white nationalists?

LOLOLOL

If that doesn't sum up Trump's 'very fine' presidency, I don't know what does.


No. It's just no one is going to do your work for you. You just want to put your fingers in your ears and say it doesn't count. If that doesn't sum up today's Democrat, I don't know what does.
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Oh I'm definitely right that when you lie all the time,"

Let's see it. Show me where I "lie all the time."

I want to see examples. You seem to be a wealth of knowledge share with me.

Take time out from dusting off your "participation trophies" that you and your ilk are so fond of. For once do your own work and prove something that you have said hasn't been spoon fed to you.
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?

caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

He obviously doesn't read them.

Civ wants us to find proof that he's right. He can't find it.

Give it up Civ. You lost this one.

Oh I'm definitely right that when you lie all the time, frequently say hateful ****, and want to be seen as the guy that does battle with the mean liberal MSM, the media will treat you a lot worse than if you're compassionate and professional.

Trump made that bed with the media. It's his fault he has to lie in it, not anyone else's.

Elect someone that's not a vindictive, impulsive child masquerading as a President next time. Everybody wins!
Civ, I would encourage you to understand why Trump was so popular. The America First agenda is widely understood as beneficial to a lot of the population. Unfortunately, you (it appears) choose to look at a narrative in Trumps personality. You have fallen in the trap of "orange man bad" without considering what is good about the policies.

As far as I'm concerned, the policy made the person, not the person made the policy.
The dissenting opinion has been sidelined!!!!!
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?

packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?

 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.