What "everyday" foods do you just not care for?

5,432 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a couple.

The first is meatloaf. I enjoy ground beef and usually grind ours here at home. However, I cannot stand meatloaf, whether it's made here or offered at a restaurant. Not sure why, maybe my late mom, who wasn't that good a cook, made one when I was little that was what I though to be horrible and that left me with a bad impression of meatloaf. Don't know...but I refuse to eat it.

The second is the fad of putting a cooked egg on top of so many foods today. I love eggs as a breakfast / brunch item. But on top of a great burger or some other dish? Please. Just no.

Y'all got anything?
wilmwolf
The only thing I've really got is okra, and I'm not sure how everyday it is considered. I just could never get past the texture of it. I helped my grandmother pick it out of the garden many times, just never interested in eating it. I have lots of food allergies, some pretty severe, so I eat pretty much everything I'm not allergic to, other than okra.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
IseWolf22
I'm NC born and bred but can't eat mayonnaise or anything mayonnaise based. Not a fan of sweet tea either.
BBW12OG
Ketchup....
SexualChocolate
I know I am weird but I don't eat anything with peanut butter. I like peanuts but just not peanut butter. I also don't like nuts in any dessert except a nutty buddy or a snickers bar.
packgrad
Meatloaf is wonderful. My wife never cooks it so when I get it it's a cherished meal. Only home cooked though. I don't order it out.

Okra is wonderful. I wish movie theaters would consider selling fried okra beside the popcorn.

For some reason I've started developing a dislike for eggs. It varies though. Sometimes I love them. Sometimes they make me vomititious.

Canned cranberries. As a child I could eat the whole can. Now I don't even like them on the table.
BP Cox
Staff
Tomatoes. I can eat them on a classic tomato sandwich with some Duke's and salt and pepper, but I want them no where near anything else.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
BBW12OG
packgrad said:

Meatloaf is wonderful. My wife never cooks it so when I get it it's a cherished meal. Only home cooked though. I don't order it out.

Okra is wonderful. I wish movie theaters would consider selling fried okra beside the popcorn.

For some reason I've started developing a dislike for eggs. It varies though. Sometimes I love them. Sometimes they make me vomititious.

Canned cranberries. As a child I could eat the whole can. Now I don't even like them on the table.
Not sure if you have ever have tried cooking meatloaf in a smoker... I highly recommend it!!!!!
packgrad
Yes sir! But it's been years. After this January diet/cleanse that is going on the smoker. Good call.
Bell Tower Grey
BBW12OG said:

packgrad said:

Not sure if you have ever have tried cooking meatloaf in a smoker... I highly recommend it!!!!!
In a smoker is interesting. Still, not sure I'd eat it. Would at least have to give it a try, given that it is smoked.

Funny you mentioned ketchup. I take it that you don't cover meatloaf with it when you fix it? I thought all meatloaf was loaded with the stuff to hide whatever else was in it.
statefan91
wilmwolf80 said:

The only thing I've really got is okra, and I'm not sure how everyday it is considered. I just could never get past the texture of it. I helped my grandmother pick it out of the garden many times, just never interested in eating it. I have lots of food allergies, some pretty severe, so I eat pretty much everything I'm not allergic to, other than okra.
You just have to cut it really thin, flour it, and fry the **** out of it in crisco. Honestly just turns into little charred pieces of okra but it's really good. Also, as much salt as you can handle haha.
acslater1344
I'm not picky in the slightest, but the one thing I can't stand is olives. The older I get, the more I realize I'm in the minority on this, and I can't begin to understand it. Sweaty grapes as far as I'm concerned.
BBW12OG
BBQ sauce....not ketchup. I use tomato paste, vinegar and few other things and make my own!
Steve Williams
Staff
Instant potatoes. Damn things make me heave.
packgrad
acslater1344 said:

I'm not picky in the slightest, but the one thing I can't stand is olives. The older I get, the more I realize I'm in the minority on this, and I can't begin to understand it. Sweaty grapes as far as I'm concerned.

Just pour some vodka or gin on them and they're wonderful.
Bell Tower Grey
Steve Williams said:

I understand that fully. Not a fan of those either. My God, what a combo to be forced to try to eat - meatloaf and instant potatoes. Damn.
PackMom
Hot dogs. Truly one of the most revolting foods on the face of the earth.

FlossyDFlynt
Cauliflower in replace of any carb. Its just such a hilariously awful substitute
BBW12OG
I beg to differ!!

https://carolinapackers.com/products/bright-leaf-bag-franks-5-lbs
Bell Tower Grey
PackMom said:

Hot dogs. Truly one of the most revolting foods on the face of the earth.

PM, do you like deviled ham, vienna sausages, potted meat (on crackers) or any mechanically separated canned meat?

As far as hot dogs, I like them, usually the Stevens' brand when I can find them. But they do serve as a gout starter for me occasionally. Also like their Red Hots. Fried crispy on a piece of light bread with some mustard...oh, my!
PackMom
Nope, none of the above.

My husband adores meat loaf and I like it done in the slow cooker. He gets all the leftovers, though. The only thing I use instant potatoes for is feeding my sourdough starter.
Tobaccoroadsportscafe
Mustard. I can't even stand smelling it without wanting to throw up.
packgrad
Meatloaf in a slow cooker sounds heavenly.
packgrad
Rawonions on a hotdog. I hate it because a dog house hotdog with mustard, chili, slaw, and onion smells wonderful to me, but one bite is almost a dry heave.
BP Cox
Staff
Steve Williams said:

Idahoan brand is legit, really.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
wilmwolf
Good thread BTG, much needed change of pace around here.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Bell Tower Grey
wilmwolf80 said:

Good thread BTG, much needed change of pace around here.
Thanks, brother.
Bell Tower Grey
packgrad said:

Rawonions on a hotdog. I hate it because a dog house hotdog with mustard, chili, slaw, and onion smells wonderful to me, but one bite is almost a dry heave.
Grilled onions, medium well, on a hot dog, with chili, mustard, some bacon and slightly melted cheese is hard to beat. Raw onions, never.

Add a side of home fried potato chips and a beer....
PackMom
packgrad said:

Meatloaf in a slow cooker sounds heavenly.
What I like about it is putting it up on a rack so it doesn't sit in the grease.
SexualChocolate
ciscopack
Boiled eggs or deviled eggs and I love them in potato salad; just not alone.
ciscopack
SexualChocolate said:

I know I am weird but I don't eat anything with peanut butter. I like peanuts but just not peanut butter. I also don't like nuts in any dessert except a nutty buddy or a snickers bar.

You need to try homemade chocolate fudge with peanut butter added. My cousin won a blue ribbon at the State Fair with that recipe about 35 years ago.
Bell Tower Grey
cisco, if you can get your hands on that recipe and share it here, I (and maybe others) would appreciate it.
TraCha4
I grew up at the coast and still live at the coast but I can not eat any seafood. The smells and slime is just too much.
Tootie4Pack
Liver and gizzards. I'm a good ole country boy, but I cant stand any type of liver and gizzards. My late brother Tootie ate gizzards like eating popcorn. I'll pass.

Of course , I'll eat chitterlings in a minute, but can't stand liver and gizzards.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.