NC State Athletics Designates Election Day as Day Off from Mandatory Athletics Activi

7,619 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wolfer79
IseWolf22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pacfanweb said:

IseWolf22 said:

Pacfanweb said:

IseWolf22 said:

Pacfanweb said:

acslater1344 said:

Pacfanweb said:

PackBacker07 said:

Why? If I'm not mistaken, that would be by far the most restrictive "age law" on the books?

Because kids don't know anything. They have no business voting at that age.
If you can't be president until you're 35, you ought not to be able to vote for president until you're at least 30.

Again, unless you're serving in the military.

Dumbest post I've ever seen on this site and that is saying A LOT. Some cranky old man bull**** (I'm 33 FWIW).
So...should a 21 year old be able to run for President?
What about the last 30 years makes you think that the age requirement has led to better leaders being elected?
Would you be okay with a 21 year old being President? We're not talking about other/current Presidents and whether they were good choices.
Their youth would be the #1 thing they were attacked for the entire cycle. If they overcame that and still won, they are likely an exceptional individual.
So I'd say that I don't think it would ever happen, even if it was allowed. But if it did occur, I wouldn't be any more concerned they'd be a terrible leader than the politicians we select from today.
Fair enough. I don't think someone that young is remotely equipped in any way, to handle such a job.
Neither did the folks who made the minimum age 35.
That's why we don't have 21 year old CEO's on Wall Street, 21 year old generals and admirals, etc.

There's a different temperament that you acquire as you age...even the bad older candidates are better IMO than anyone that young, simply because of that.
Temperament definitely changes but their are positives and negatives. Each career has a different peak based on the combination of mental aptitude and experience required. Careers needing quick and innovative thinking tends to skew younger while those relying on heavily on experience tend to be older.

There is a reason most successful start ups are led by founders in their 20s. Most STEM nobel prize discoveries are from scientists in the 25-35 range. Meanwhile the best historians, authors, etc tend to be in their 60s.

There is a lot of research on this for CEOs (maybe the best correlation to a president/governor) and while studies vary, it seems like most tend to find that this type of career peaks in the 50s. This doesn't mean a 21 year old or an 80 year old can't do the job, but they likely would do their best right in the middle.

So while I think a 21 year old should be able to run, I say someone in their 50s is probably who I think would be ideal. I think legislators could be younger though. If we want to see creative problem solving of complex issues, we need more of congress in their 30s and 40s. The current average age is 58 for the house and 62 for the senate, but leadership is dominated by those in their 70s.
Pacfanweb
I pretty much agree with most of that. I think 50s is the sweet spot, as you said.

As far as all the older people being in the real positions of power, I believe term limits would be a great way to start getting rid of that. I don't think anyone should be able to make a long 20 or 30-year career out of being an elected official in Washington.
IseWolf22
Pacfanweb said:

I pretty much agree with most of that. I think 50s is the sweet spot, as you said.

As far as all the older people being in the real positions of power, I believe term limits would be a great way to start getting rid of that. I don't think anyone should be able to make a long 20 or 30-year career out of being an elected official in Washington.
I can agree completely with term limits
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
At Wake County NCSU Talley Student Center early voting site about 90 in line at 3:30 pm with about a 35 minute wait to vote. Surface parking reserved for voters between Reynolds Coliseum and Reynolds Deck. A good place to early vote until 7:30 pm tonight !! #ncpol

Mormad
My 18 yo daughter is voting for the right team, so I'm cool with it lol
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

Additional data are in: More than 333,000 voters cast ballots on the first day of in-person early voting in North Carolina. We *believe* that is a one-day early voting record, beating the 304,000 total on Friday, November 4, 2016. Way to go NC voters!

#ncpol
#YourVoteCountsNC

Wolfer79
35,269 votes were cast on the first day of early voting in @MeckCounty
Wolfer79
Kyle Larson has applied for reinstatement to @NASCAR, and it is expected to be approved by the sanctioning body in the coming weeks, per sources.

@Jordan_Bianchi and @BobPockrass were first on the request.

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

Why not? Anybody that has ever voted early knows that it's easier than voting on election day...
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

I don't agree with the State releasing Demographic Data on early voting however. I don't think it's right for them to do that - regardless of what it shows. Voting data (other than total numbers voting) should not be released to anybody until Election night after the polls close and the votes are counted.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.