Video Games

10,299 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by griff17matt
FlossyDFlynt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
metcalfmafia said:

Just started playing the new God of War.

Completely different from the old ones (which I wasn't a huge fan of, but finished anyway) and I love it. The story is so much more engaging and the lore is better IMO.
As of now, this is my favorite PS4 game thats been released. Its phenomenal, from start to finish.

Started Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Loved the original, and this one is exceeding my expectations so far.
statefan91
I haven't played God of War since the original on PS3 (I think). I never really bought any other games for the system but loved that one for sure.
JocoPack
I've been playing the new Modern Warfare mostly. Mixed in some GTA V and RDR 2 along the way for ****s and gigs. The kids have a Switch that dad may or may not be playing Luigi's Mansion 3 on at times(great game btw). I've heard good things about the new Animal Crossing game, though I've never played one. Have been holding off on The Show as long as I can but I'm likely going to get it at some point. Saw where a new Assassin's Creed game was announced today. Takes place in the Norse Valhalla. Looks pretty cool and I haven't played one of those in a while. Could be fun...
metcalfmafia
FlossyDFlynt said:

metcalfmafia said:

Just started playing the new God of War.

Completely different from the old ones (which I wasn't a huge fan of, but finished anyway) and I love it. The story is so much more engaging and the lore is better IMO.
As of now, this is my favorite PS4 game thats been released. Its phenomenal, from start to finish.

Started Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Loved the original, and this one is exceeding my expectations so far.
Finished it last night and it has replaced Uncharted 4 as my favorite PS4 single player game.

Man...I have no negatives to the game. Can't wait for the next one.
packgrad
MLB The Show has been great. Took me a little bit to get used to throwing to each base. It's been so long since I played you just had to press the appropriate button, hold down for a hard throw. Had to get used to the timing getting it in the green. Still suck at stealing. I'm playing beginner level and dominating my franchise so far. Only lost 2 out of 15 and those were when I couldn't throw it to the base without committing an error. May raise the level if I get tired of dominating, but I need a perfect game first. Came close the night before last and a 9th inning lead off single to center got me. Had one combined no hitter.
FlossyDFlynt
Picked up Jedi Fallen Order from the PS store yesterday on sale. Absolutely loving it so far
metcalfmafia
FlossyDFlynt said:

Picked up Jedi Fallen Order from the PS store yesterday on sale. Absolutely loving it so far
Have they worked the bugs out? I remember that being the conversation when it came out.
FlossyDFlynt
metcalfmafia said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Have they worked the bugs out? I remember that being the conversation when it came out.
I havent seen any. Not terribly far along though
IseWolf22
One of my favorite things about the switch is the PS3/Xbox One Classics being remastered with better graphics and ported to something you can play hand held. There are so many good games from that era that I never got around too.
Been spending a lot of time with the Dark Souls remaster and am just about done
SportManagementEngineer
I was never really into FPS, but when Covid hit, a few of my buddies started playing COD and so I jumped on since its free. I bought a cheap headset on Amazon and wile I'm terrible at the game, it's one of my favorite things to do to kill time during Covid. My wife calls it the Bro Conference Call.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
st8ofdenial
Have recently modded my PS3 to handle College Football Revamped. It's just NCAA14 with current uni's and stadium art. Surprisingly easy, and the uni's look great! As do the RED endzones!
metcalfmafia
Have any good instructions for 360?
Bell Tower Grey
I don't begrudge anyone that plays video games. My wife enjoys playing. One of our sons works for EPIC and was a contributor to the creation of Fortnite. Another works as a Japanese to English translator for Sony Interactive in Tokyo.

I've never caught the playing "bug" except for video golf. Love the PGA games. I guess it's because I enjoy playing golf....IDK.

Have never had any interest in the others although I've tried to like them. I'll continue to play the golf games as long as I'm able. I guess it's like eating chitterlings; either you like them or you don't. And I love mine fried, crispy, with Texas Pete.
st8ofdenial
metcalfmafia said:

Have any good instructions for 360?
360 looks like a bear....1st you have to send it off to be modded, then follow the steps. Here is the website I used

https://github.com/cfbrevamped/CFBR-Easy-Installer
Packamylase
griff17matt
Wife and I got the kids an Oculus Quest 2 last week since Sony has no clue how to properly manufacture and distribute the PS5. It's honestly super fun. Some games are obviously not on the same level as even the PS3, but the ones that deal less in physics are absolutely gorgeous and immersive.

Anyone with experience here that could suggest games?
910wolf
BREAKING NEWS

statefan91
Nice - although I've already seen Heels fans clamoring for Howell to be on the front cover. Remind me, did they usually do the Heisman winner for the cover?
910wolf
statefan91 said:

Nice - although I've already seen Heels fans clamoring for Howell to be on the front cover. Remind me, did they usually do the Heisman winner for the cover?
Not necessarily the Heisman winner, the last game had Denard Robinson on the cover.

With the game probably being 2 years out, it'll probably be whoever has the better career between DJ Uiagalelei and Bryce Young.
JocoPack
Anybody played anything good lately? Since coming back into the office I haven't had much time but I am hopefully going to finish up the Platinum trophy for Hideo Kojima's 'Death Stranding' this weekend
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
metcalfmafia
JocoPack said:

Anybody played anything good lately? Since coming back into the office I haven't had much time but I am hopefully going to finish up the Platinum trophy for Hideo Kojima's 'Death Stranding' this weekend
Haven't really been able to play anything "new" since I haven't been able to get my hands on a next gen console.

That changed yesterday...I was able to get my hands on an Xbox Series X even though I've always been a die hard Playstation guy. Looking to dive into new Halo and Forza this weekend.
griff17matt
metcalfmafia said:

JocoPack said:

Haven't really been able to play anything "new" since I haven't been able to get my hands on a next gen console.

That changed yesterday...I was able to get my hands on an Xbox Series X even though I've always been a die hard Playstation guy. Looking to dive into new Halo and Forza this weekend.
If you sign up for gamestop pro, they'll have store releases every now and then. Usually a bundle though, so you'd still be dropping like 800. I passed up on a christmas gift from the wife this year and we used to the money to buy one NIB off a guy locally.

COD really needs to get their **** together though. 150GB update as soon as you install the game is absurd beyond belief.
JocoPack
metcalfmafia said:

JocoPack said:

Man I lucked out on that front. Follow the guy "Wario64" on twitter and setup notifications when he tweets. I had one pop up last January where he tweeted that some local Targets were getting PS5s in stock. Looked it up and sure enough Target in Goldsboro had 4 of them. Snagged it up in about an hour. I've heard lots of guys getting lucky with him though.

And griff I agree with you on COD. I finally got Cold War just to scratch that itch even though I swore I wasn't. Not this one though. I'm drawing the line with this crap.
metcalfmafia
Vanguard any better than Cold War? I know they have the modern warfare engine with Vanguard.
griff17matt
JocoPack said:

metcalfmafia said:

JocoPack said:

Man I lucked out on that front. Follow the guy "Wario64" on twitter and setup notifications when he tweets. I had one pop up last January where he tweeted that some local Targets were getting PS5s in stock. Looked it up and sure enough Target in Goldsboro had 4 of them. Snagged it up in about an hour. I've heard lots of guys getting lucky with him though.

And griff I agree with you on COD. I finally got Cold War just to scratch that itch even though I swore I wasn't. Not this one though. I'm drawing the line with this crap.

I live in BFE outside Micro, brother. No internet here until Elon gets his **** together with Starlink, so we only have hotspot. I'm not paying $150 to get COD working. It's insane.

I got the Guardians of the Galaxy game though. I'd probably give it a 7/10. More linear play but you feel like you're playing in a movie. Plus it's freaking hilarious. But I wish there was some ability to control the spaceship and stuff. Tough to do in this type of game. I'm really hoping Rockstar comes through with a new GTA soon. Online play, obviously, does nothing for me.
metcalfmafia
Just looked at his account. I gotta get notifications for new anime available in order to get a PS5 in this country? LOL
JocoPack
metcalfmafia said:

Just looked at his account. I gotta get notifications for new anime available in order to get a PS5 in this country? LOL
Yeaaahhhh you gotta take the good with the bad man. I got some notifications for all sorts of off the wall **** lol
JocoPack
griff17matt said:

JocoPack said:

metcalfmafia said:

JocoPack said:

I live in BFE outside Micro, brother. No internet here until Elon gets his **** together with Starlink, so we only have hotspot. I'm not paying $150 to get COD working. It's insane.

I got the Guardians of the Galaxy game though. I'd probably give it a 7/10. More linear play but you feel like you're playing in a movie. Plus it's freaking hilarious. But I wish there was some ability to control the spaceship and stuff. Tough to do in this type of game. I'm really hoping Rockstar comes through with a new GTA soon. Online play, obviously, does nothing for me.
I've heard that game was good...I need to check it out. Once I get the platinum for Death Stranding I'm going to play Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Ghost of Tsushima was a blast single player game if you haven't tried it yet
FlossyDFlynt
JocoPack said:

metcalfmafia said:

Yeaaahhhh you gotta take the good with the bad man. I got some notifications for all sorts of off the wall **** lol
https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/

There is a button at the top of the listings for an alarm to turn on. When I started my day, I opened this in one tab, turned on the alarm, and went about my day. Once it rang, I rushed to try to snag one. Me and a buddy did the same thing and he was able to snag one, but he had newborn twins so he just sold it to me after getting it. I did the same thing when the Switch came out and was able to snag one as well
jkpackfan
Been thinking about taking the plunge on an Oculus, anyone here have one? If so is it worth it?
JocoPack
jkpackfan said:

Been thinking about taking the plunge on an Oculus, anyone here have one? If so is it worth it?

My son got one for Christmas. That's partly what has allowed me to play a little more lately is freeing up the consoles.

So far he loves it. I've only played the Star Wars game but it made me giggle like a school girl. I'd recommend it for sure.

They announced PlayStation VR2 yesterday which will likely make its way to my arsenal when it releases. I was on the fence with the PSVR but decided to hold out. The PS headset should for sure have a better library of games due to Sony's in-house studios
jkpackfan
Hmm maybe I'll hold out for the PlayStation one. Thanks
griff17matt
Gamestop will have 2 ps5 bundles available tomorrow, Jan 14. You have to be a pro member in order to buy it in-store and I'd imagine they'll be in the 800-850 range. Both bundles have the console, charging dock, COD Vanguard, Ratchet & Clank, and a gift card. One bundle has Death Stranding and the other has Ghost of Tsushima. Just an FYI for folks still looking. I'll post in here as I get notifications of them being available in store.
wolfman18
I decided to go ahead and get a PC during the time I couldn't find a PS5. Glad I did as I like it much better....going to upgrade things as I go.

Another note, has anyone ever dealt with scuf (like the controllers)? I bought one (not cheap) and 2 months in one of the analog sticks wasn't working right. Sent it in and haven't heard from them in like 3 weeks.
metcalfmafia
wolfman18 said:

I decided to go ahead and get a PC during the time I couldn't find a PS5. Glad I did as I like it much better....going to upgrade things as I go.

Another note, has anyone ever dealt with scuf (like the controllers)? I bought one (not cheap) and 2 months in one of the analog sticks wasn't working right. Sent it in and haven't heard from them in like 3 weeks.
Did you get an Xbox controller from them?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.