Game of Thrones

17,243 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by IseWolf22
JonathanMetcalf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello, everyone, This web series named Game of throne is one of my favorite series to watch.

I saw each and every episode of it and I found it amazing.
NatePait94
Who is your favorite character and why?
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
IseWolf22
What did everyone think of the last episode?

****SPOILERS*****

Mostly a setup piece, but I thought the dragon's death was appropriately shocking. I'm curious how much time passed between the first battle where Bronn used the ballista, to this episode, where they have donzens on the walls and on each boat. Those things aren't easy to build. I see lots of internet pieces mocking "giant crossbows" like they've never heard of a ballista. They were firing and reloading waaaay to fast for realism though. I think we expectedly ended the happy ending for Grey Worm and Misandre.

Episode 5 and 6 should be a whirlwind
NatePait94
Not sure all of the arrows(?) That hit the dragon were from the same boat so maybe the reloading wasnt too crazy. I did find it amusing that they were able to hit that one dragon 3 or 4 times without missing. 100 percent accuracy, and then miss every shot on drogon. LOL.

I thought the episode was a nice build up to what is to come. Also reinforced my idea that Dany is gonna get her head cut off. She's losing it IMO
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
NatePait94
I think we will also see Dany use dragon riding tactics such as her ancestors did. Which Metcalf is reading about now. She will use the sun and clouds to her advantage for once.
IseWolf22
NatePait94 said:

Not sure all of the arrows(?) That hit the dragon were from the same boat so maybe the reloading wasnt too crazy. I did find it amusing that they were able to hit that one dragon 3 or 4 times without missing. 100 percent accuracy, and then miss every shot on drogon. LOL.

I thought the episode was a nice build up to what is to come. Also reinforced my idea that Dany is gonna get her head cut off. She's losing it IMO

There were only 20-30 attacking ships in the shots they showed. There were many more bolts launched than that. How many did Euron alone fire?

Those ballistas probaly take 5-10 minutes per shot in real life. There is a LOT of force required to pull back the lever
910wolf
I also found it kind of dumb that Dany could not see/was not expecting the Iron Fleet to be there while flying high enough where you would think she could see everything.
metcalfmafia
Yeah Rhaegal getting shot down out of nowhere is why I fell in love with the show. Give me all the shocking deaths TBH.

I've had theories with friends that Dany was gonna be the Mad Queen...taking after her father. Maybe those come true?
NatePait94
Tell me my friends, will Kings Landing burn? Gimme yo opinions...
statefan91
910wolf said:

I also found it kind of dumb that Dany could not see/was not expecting the Iron Fleet to be there while flying high enough where you would think she could see everything.
Yeah, looking back on it that does seem ridiculous.

Also dumb:
- Starbucks cup in a scene
- Brienne turning into a weak mistress. That's not her character and cheapens the entirety of her development
metcalfmafia
statefan91 said:

910wolf said:

Also dumb:
- Brienne turning into a weak mistress. That's not her character and cheapens the entirety of her development
Agreed.
NatePait94
metcalfmafia said:

statefan91 said:

910wolf said:

Also dumb:
Agreed.

Must've been some good D
PackDaddy
The man with the golden dick
NatePait94
Ready to see what this golden company can do without their elephants
JonathanMetcalf
NatePait94 said:

Daenerys Targaryen is one of my favorite character as I like the her acting the way she fly and present herself.

PackBacker07
JonathanMetcalf said:

NatePait94 said:

Daenerys Targaryen is one of my favorite character as I like the her acting the way she fly and present herself.

And she was like, naked with Aquaman a few seasons back.
Y'all means ALL.
JonathanMetcalf
I didn't watch this movie named Aquaman
metcalfmafia
Disappointed in this season...
NatePait94
Dany is an ass. Hope she dies...
IseWolf22
metcalfmafia said:

Disappointed in this season...

Same

Her going off and killing thousands is beleivable. Razing the Entire city is not.

And if that's how the twins go... I'll be very dissapointed
statefan91
Well the only thing to hold out hope for is the George RR Martin says his ending matches what the show has done. I'm guessing something along the lines of Arya using another's face to get in and kill Dany. Disappointed with what they did to most of the characters in the last season, you can tell the show runners had no idea what to do without the source material.
NatePait94
The clegane fight was cool. What is dead may never die, as the greyjoy would say
metcalfmafia
Everything is just too straightforward and predictable. Just not the GOT of old.

Cersei dying in the arms of her lover....how Hollywood.
IseWolf22
metcalfmafia said:

Everything is just too straightforward and predictable. Just not the GOT of old.

Are we certain she's dead? It would only be the millionth time someone has survived a building collapse in hollywood. It's also too easy of an end for her
metcalfmafia
IseWolf22 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Are we certain she's dead? It would only be the millionth time someone has survived a building collapse in hollywood. It's also too easy of an end for her
It was also too easy of an end for the Night King, but here we are...
NatePait94
Metcalf.... do you really think it is that bad?
metcalfmafia
NatePait94 said:

Metcalf.... do you really think it is that bad?

I do. Are you satisfied with this season? You dont see it as being lazy, typical Hollywood writing?
NatePait94
Believe it or not, I had already prepared myself for this. I knew there was no way in hell they could wrap it up in 6 episodes in a way that would be mass appealing.
IseWolf22
NatePait94 said:

Believe it or not, I had already prepared myself for this. I knew there was no way in hell they could wrap it up in 6 episodes in a way that would be mass appealing.

I don't think the season is terrible, but it's the worst so far. I agree that 6 and epsiodes is ruining the pacing. It's rushing character development (danerys unhinging) and throws off the sense of scale (troops going between dragon stone, Kings landing, and the north inbetween scenes when it should take a week+, more over land )
metcalfmafia
Bad. Just bad.
IseWolf22
metcalfmafia said:

Bad. Just bad.

Hard for a series finale to be that anticlimatic. This season was really a let down
NatePait94
I know what I said in previous posts, but that last episode couldn't have been drier.
IseWolf22
So how many more years until book 6.... and then book 7?

It's gotta be better than this was
metcalfmafia
IseWolf22 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Bad. Just bad.

Hard for a series finale to be that anticlimatic. This season was really a let down
Just a complete fail in all aspects IMO.
GuerrillaPack
I've never watched this show. I've never paid it any attention until the last few months, when people in my office were talking about it. I read some commentary on the show the last few weeks, alleging that the show is an allegory to our modern world -- and specifically on the subject of globalism, and destroying the Western world with the weapon of mass immigration and "multiculturalism".

Also, apparently the conclusion/finale of the show is supposed to represent a victory for the "Western world" against the globalist agenda and mass immigration?

Is any of that on target?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.