2019 Grilling Season

27,657 Views | 164 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ncsupack1
Denverpacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bell Tower Grey said:

Mrs. BTG is fixing shrimp and grits tonight. Overall, she's a very good cook, her mom and grandmother taught her well. But, I'd put her shrimp and grits up against any I've ever eaten anywhere. I'll pat myself on the back and say, "I done good", lol.

Grilling kebobs tomorrow night. Looking at the weather this week, I can see the grill being lit most every night this week....fall's on the way!
You strike me as a stingy kinda guy that never invites anybody over, so I guess we will have to take your word about the shrimp & grits.

You also probably put ketchup on your well done kabobs, so there is that as well
Bell Tower Grey
Some folks have longstanding open invitations. Some don't. Stingy depends on if you're invited or not.

As for ketchup on kebobs, never tried it but thanks for planting the seed.
ncsupack1
Heading back from the beach today. Only working Tuesday and Wednesday, off for the game...thinking of making a stop on the way home to pick up something to grill tonight.
ncsupack1
Up early today...coffee in hand and thinking about heading to the butcher later and grabbing some bacon burgers and some poppers for later today.
ncsupack1
Got some nice ribeye to grill this afternoon. Along with some beer and some racing...going to be a great day!
Bell Tower Grey
Grinding up beef and a lb and half of bacon for burgers, and slicing up sweet potatoes for frying, for dinner.
Wife is baking homemade sourdough rolls for the burgers. Simple food for the basketball game.
ncsupack1
Sounds good. Love sweet potato fries.
dwanna
Bell Tower Grey said:

Grinding up beef and a lb and half of bacon for burgers, and slicing up sweet potatoes for frying, for dinner.
Wife is baking homemade sourdough rolls for the burgers. Simple food for the basketball game.
This is one of my favorite ways to grind my own burgers. Only downfall may be that I can't eat them as rare as I normally would with the bacon in the grind.

Non-grilling note: with weather turning colder/holidays coming up, it might be time to grind up some sausage. Can't get enough fresh sage in there!
Bell Tower Grey
dwanna said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

This is one of my favorite ways to grind my own burgers. Only downfall may be that I can't eat them as rare as I normally would with the bacon in the grind.

Non-grilling note: with weather turning colder/holidays coming up, it might be time to grind up some sausage. Can't get enough fresh sage in there!
I recently ran across my grandmother's recipe for the fresh sausage that they made when they were killing hogs. I'd forgotten I had gotten it after she died; it was in a couple of cook books of hers I got then but they were packed away until I went on a cleaning purge a few weeks back.

I've put it up now where I know where it is and I intend to put it to good use.
JocoPack
I'd be interested in some home ground sausage...I usually just buy Nahunta but wouldn't mind experimenting myself
Bell Tower Grey
JocoPack said:

I'd be interested in some home ground sausage...I usually just buy Nahunta but wouldn't mind experimenting myself
I'll send you a message when I get it done. I'm taking about 10 - 12 days off starting next Monday so I'll probably make it then.
JocoPack
Bell Tower Grey said:

JocoPack said:

I'll send you a message when I get it done. I'm taking about 10 - 12 days off starting next Monday so I'll probably make it then.
That would be much appreciated. Thanks Bell
ncsupack1
Gonna get up tomorrow and smoke a pork shoulder for the championship tomorrow. Haven't done one in awhile...
JocoPack
Sounds good ncsupack1...I haven't done one in a while myself.

Tonight I'm doing one of my family's favorites: scallop and bacon quesadillas
Bell Tower Grey
JocoPack said:

Woah now!!! You willing to share that recipe?
JocoPack
Bell Tower Grey said:

JocoPack said:

Ain't nothing to it brother. I do my bacon and chopped onions on the blackstone first, then my scallops, chop it all up together, put down a flour tortilla and add all the ingredients on it and pour on some queso cheese, fold it over and let them brown and stick together. Easy enough to do at a tailgate. Let me know when you try them man, even the kids love them.
Bell Tower Grey
JocoPack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

JocoPack said:

Ain't nothing to it brother. I do my bacon and chopped onions on the blackstone first, then my scallops, chop it all up together, put down a flour tortilla and add all the ingredients on it and pour on some queso cheese, fold it over and let them brown and stick together. Easy enough to do at a tailgate. Let me know when you try them man, even the kids love them.
Definitely will. Thanks.

Will probably make the sausage Monday or Tuesday. You good with long links similar to those from Smith's Red & White?
JocoPack
Bell Tower Grey said:

JocoPack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

JocoPack said:

Definitely will. Thanks.

Will probably make the sausage Monday or Tuesday. You good with long links similar to those from Smith's Red & White?

Yessir. I stick with No-hunta cause it's closer but when I get up towards Dorchess I always stop at the R&W
Bell Tower Grey
Got to make a trip to Wilson right after lunch today. Thinking about picking up some steaks on the way back, to grill before the game tonight.

Is there a butcher shop in Wilson? If not, I'll just stop in Dortches and get them there.
JocoPack
Grilled some burgers last night as well as some homemade patty sausage by our very own BTG. Everything turned out great and there wasn't a stitch of food left over. Thanks again, Bell.

Tonight I'm going to grill a couple of ribeyes for the wife and myself. May do some hotdogs or something for the kids.
Bell Tower Grey
Thanks, JoCo.

I picked up some ribeyes for us in addition to meat to grind for burgers on Sunday. Not sure about the sides yet, but looking forward to the steak.
ncsupack1
It's raining here this am...was hoping that it stops. Want to grill something today to get ready for a busy work week ahead.
JocoPack
I've got a frozen turkey breast I didn't use that is thawing right now. Going to rub it, smoke it, and chop it to make some turkey BBQ sandwiches.
ncsupack1
JocoPack said:

I've got a frozen turkey breast I didn't use that is thawing right now. Going to rub it, smoke it, and chop it to make some turkey BBQ sandwiches.
That sounds good. Looks like beer and the wife is gonna make some tacos tonight...Already on beer number two.
Bell Tower Grey
Didn't get a chance to grill today, have been out of town all weekend. Was pleased to see when I got home that the Mrs. was fixing a pot of chicken pastry and a pan of cornbread to go with it.
ncsupack1
Busy day ahead. Been working out of town this week, so ready for some grilling. Think of getting some nice sirloin burgers from my butcher, along with poppers and home made fries.....drinking is in order as well...now gotta blow those leaves first. Also, gonna get the boat ready for some fishing tomorrow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.