Baseball 4/27-29 vs unc-ch , SOLD OUT

13,663 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RedPooch33
BigLefty24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brutal third strike call.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

wilmwolf
Just checking in to complain about that call. That was a direct result of the Cheats complaining earlier.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
BigLefty24
With the catcher being set up outside and reaching clear across his body, you seldom get that call even if it IS a strike, much less if it's 8" inside.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

BigLefty24
And to be fair, he's been consistent. He's sucked ass for both sides.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Ncsu67
Left Klyman in too long.
BigLefty24
Ugly ass game by both teams.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Whitetailpack
Terrible umpire or not, 15 strikeouts by State isn't going to win many ballgames.
KKandDD
That poor umpire behind the plate did not have a good night. Fun ball game. Go win two straight and keep the series streak going.
metcalfmafia
I think we're gonna bounce back tomorrow with Brian on the mound. That was an erratic strike zone so I get why both sides were frustrated.
BigLefty24
Whitetailpack said:

Terrible umpire or not, 15 strikeouts by State isn't going to win many ballgames.

Over aggressive plate approaches. Swung at a TON of balls outside the strike zone.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

wilmwolf
BigLefty24 said:

Whitetailpack said:

Over aggressive plate approaches. Swung at a TON of balls outside the strike zone.

To be fair, there were a lot of balls outside the zone getting called strikes. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Difference in this one was leaving a guy in too long, too many walks, and the error that provided the run that was the difference.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
EthanBarry
Staff
That sucked. We dominated. Get some sleep, shove some four leaf clovers up our boat and come back and win the series
dmelvin
Home plate ump was a joke . Strike zone moved around all night . No consistency at all for either team .
Dmelvin
wolfpack1437
Hopefully Wilson and Edwards remember how to put the bat on the ball tomorrow. I had a feeling this one would go this way--- a week off after that Sunday at Duke was not what the Dr ordered. Wish we had gotten in that ECU game to get our bats and timing back on track
Pakbackr
Other than being ticked about the outcome, it hit me again as the attendance was announced as we exited the stadium - a SOLD OUT game with just over 3,000 in attendance! We could be drawing 4-5,000 for series like this. We have got to get a new or expanded stadium!
Pack31
Pakbackr said:

Other than being ticked about the outcome, it hit me again as the attendance was announced as we exited the stadium - a SOLD OUT game with just over 3,000 in attendance! We could be drawing 4-5,000 for series like this. We have got to get a new or expanded stadium!

Yeah, provlem is, we do that versus unc, fsu, or clemson, otherwise it's sparse, and at $8-10 a pop, it's hard to find an expansion. There's a reason it's a non revenue sport unfortunately. I'm with u though. Would be nice
Pakbackr
Pack31 said:

Pakbackr said:

Yeah, provlem is, we do that versus unc, fsu, or clemson, otherwise it's sparse, and at $8-10 a pop, it's hard to find an expansion. There's a reason it's a non revenue sport unfortunately. I'm with u though. Would be nice
I heard or read that we were close to selling out the remainder of the season. I honestly don't care that we only have huge crowds for UNC, FSU and Clemson. Make the ballpark a destination and people will come. Upscale the food, and start selling Wolfpack brewed beer. For heaven's sake, this isn't rocket science.
basementwolf
Ncsu67 said:

Why did Klyman stay in???
Coach's decision.
CLTWolf
Pack31 said:

Pakbackr said:

We sold out against Notre Dame. I was in town that weekend and tried to take my kids and FIL and the doubleheader was sold out.
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia
Well...not the best start you could ask for.
Ncsu67
We're going to get swept at home by UNC......ouch.
metcalfmafia
Kinneman just isn't the same player right now. Easy to say that after the start he got off to, but still.
SportManagementEngineer
Bullpen was not ready to play the last couple of nights. Yikes.
Whitetailpack
26 strikeouts not counting how many will strike out in the bottom of the 9th.

That's horrendous.
Ncsu67
UNC has made us their ***** on our field. Embarrassing.
Whitetailpack
State players......

.....and coaches got whipped this game.

Packisback09
Some brutal pitching in the 7th and 9th. Also seems like we are uptight at the plate the last 2 nights
Whitetailpack
Let 9 hitters come to plate in 9th ......

Crumbled. ....
Whitetailpack
26 strikeouts....

Put the damn ball in play.
metcalfmafia
We finally lose a series and people freak out.
EthanBarry
Staff
metcalfmafia said:

Yep. Haven't lost a series in a calendar year. Pure bad luck last night, their pitcher has a career night against us today, and they barely hang on. We're fine. Win tomorrow and we go 2-2 tomorrow which is solid, especially considering how close the last two nights were
CLTWolf
metcalfmafia said:

Fan is short for fanatic...
wolfpack1437
metcalfmafia said:

It's understandable that people are upset. Lost our first series in a year to our biggest rival, lost as the favorite, and it was a series crucial to our super regional hosting chances. If you aren't bummed then you don't have a pulse
Struttingwolf96
I wouldn't say freaking out, but we lost a series to the Tar Holes, that is what's so upsetting about it. Could have lost to anybody else & it would not have meant as much. Hopefully the team will bounce back tomorrow & not get swept. Been a great year so far, now's not the time for the team to start playing bad & take the foot of the gas. Really do wish Debo would start to get on track & get back in the lineup. Also wish Staley could get healthy & give us another arm to come out of the bullpen & give some of the other guys a rest.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.