Baseball 4/27-29 vs unc-ch , SOLD OUT

13,574 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RedPooch33
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agree, plus they were also home games as well.
metcalfmafia
UNC is a good team and good teams beat other good teams on the road. Heck weve done it all year. Don't let the name on the front of their jerseys make you lose perspective.
LegacyPack4
I would say the possibility of hosting a Super Regional is still very high right? Even with this series loss I can't see us falling too far in the rankings. Take care of business the rest of the year and we should be there easily. Or am I missing something?
CLTWolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

I wouldn't say freaking out, but we lost a series to the Tar Holes, that is what's so upsetting about it. Could have lost to anybody else & it would not have meant as much. Hopefully the team will bounce back tomorrow & not get swept. Been a great year so far, now's not the time for the team to start playing bad & take the foot of the gas. Really do wish Debo would start to get on track & get back in the lineup. Also wish Staley could get healthy & give us another arm to come out of the bullpen & give some of the other guys a rest.

Debo has been out with an injury and Staley ain't gonna be back this year from the sound of it.

Good news is looks like Debo is back as it sounds like he was all set to pinch hit had Pitarra gotten on base last night.

Regardless of what happens today we need to take the next 6 and get some confidence back. We get a break in ACC play and have Campbell, Bill and Mary and JMU before finishing up with Wake at home and FSU away.
Pack31
Lost by 1 and 2. Win today and I'm ok with it. See Duke last week. That Saturday game could easily have gone the other way and we have lost that series. It's a tough game to cont to dominate week to week. Just hate it was a Brown start. Knew we were due to lose 1 of his starts eventually. He's been soooo good
Wolfer79
LegacyPack4 said:

I would say the possibility of hosting a Super Regional is still very high right? Even with this series loss I can't see us falling too far in the rankings. Take care of business the rest of the year and we should be there easily. Or am I missing something?
top 8 seeds, if they win Regional will host Super Regional

last week Regional Projections
d1baseball/Baseball America this week
1./1 Florida 2-2, lost to Mercer, 2-1 vs Auburn
2./2Stanford 2-1 vs California
3./3 Texas Tech 1-2, lost to Arkansas 1-1 vs TCU
4,/4NC State 0-2 lost to unc-ch twice
5/6. Oregon State 2-1 beat Portland, 1-1 vs Arizona State
6/6. Arkansas 2-0 beat Texas Tech, 2-0 vs Alabama
7/8. East Carolina 0-2 vs Houston
8./5 Mississippi 2-2 lost to Mississippi State, 1-1 vs LSU
9./9 unc-ch 3-0, beat Western Carolina, beat NC State twice
10./15 Florida State 2-1 lost to Stetson, beat Miami twice
11./not seeded UCONN 2-1 beat Rhode Island, 1-1 vs Tulane
12./not seeded Kentucky 2-1 beat Morehead State, 1-1 vs Missouri
13/10. UCLA 3-0, beat Cal State Fulleron, 2- vs Cal Poly
14./unseededf Georgia 3-0, beat Georgia Tech, beat Tennessee twice
15/13. Clemson 3-0 Beat Prssbyterian and Virginia twice
16/12. Texas 2-1 beat Houston, 1-1 vs West Virginia
not seeded/11 Vanderbilt 1-1 vs South Carolina
not seeded/14 Coastal Carolina 2-0 vs Louisiana Monroe
not seeded Indiana 1-2 lost to Purdue, 1-1 vs Illinois

remaining NC State schedule with RPI
#4 unc-ch
#159 Campbell
#218 William & Mary - 3 games
#142 James Madison - 2 games
#89 Wake Forest - 3 games
@ #9 Florida State - 3 games

question for you
define "take care of business the rest of the year and we should be there easily."

based on projections i think ACC gets 1 national seed and right now it is between NC State, Clemson and unc-ch and maybe Florida State

EthanBarry
Staff
LegacyPack4 said:

For sure. Either beat FSU on the road or make a deep tournament run and we'll be a top 8 seed as long as we take care of the next two weeks. Team that went to the CWS lost 3 ACC series and was the 9th seed
EthanBarry
Staff
Pack31 said:

Lost by 1 and 2. Win today and I'm ok with it. See Duke last week. That Saturday game could easily have gone the other way and we have lost that series. It's a tough game to cont to dominate week to week. Just hate it was a Brown start. Knew we were due to lose 1 of his starts eventually. He's been soooo good
Exactly. We destroyed them last week. Win today and we're 2-2 against them, plus got screwed on Friday. We've had to run the gauntlet of ACC teams this year. We were bound to lose at some point, it's baseball
Wolfer79
SportManagementEngineer
How many runs can we give up on wild pitches? Good lord.
78wilsonpack
Sunday score so far? Not able to watch
BigLefty24
Down 2-1 in the bottom of the second.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

MovingPacker
Leaving to many on base early. Just need some timely hits.
Ncsu67
Getting punked at home for a 3rd straight day.
metcalfmafia
Baseball is a crazy sport. The finishing games are gonna be huge.
metcalfmafia
Kinneman has been really disappointing of late.
EthanBarry
Staff
metcalfmafia said:

Baseball is a crazy sport. The finishing games are gonna be huge.
That was the most unsustainable weekend of baseball I've ever seen. We outplayed them in every facet, especially Friday and Sunday. Move on. Beat them in the ACC tournament
dmelvin
First time ever swept at home by UNC. Left people on base every game. Very disappointed !
Dmelvin
rbaker
We gave u n c too many runs from walks, errors and passed balls.
Struttingwolf96
I know everybody is saying the team was due to loose a series & not to make a bog deal of it, but to get swept at home by the Tar Holes is very discouraging. Say what u want I played sports & stuff like this happens & teams hit losing streaks, sure. To get swept to unc-cheat at home though for the first time ever should not have happened with this team. Looks to me like our pitchers might be hitting the so-called wall. Maybe this team is starting to read & think they've already done something this year, idk. Hopefully they can turn it around & not have this year end on such a down note, when it had began with such promise. Let's see if this is a different kind of NC State team than in the past, I hope so.
JoeRock88
I made all 3 games. We got hosed on Friday night but got out coached Saturday and Sunday. My biggest complaint is that someone gave their front row seats in Section 9 to a UNC fan wearing their UNC gear. Whoever did that should not be allowed to have season tickets. The fan was respectful and there were no problems, but you should never give up seats in that area to an opposing fan. But if you must, at least ask you guest not to wear an opposing team jersey.
Pakbackr
Pack has made 'clutch' hits all year...until this weekend. Multiple hitting slumps converge at the worst possible time. Hope they snap out of it.
Lakepacker70
JoeRock88 said:

I made all 3 games. We got hosed on Friday night but got out coached Saturday and Sunday. My biggest complaint is that someone gave their front row seats in Section 9 to a UNC fan wearing their UNC gear. Whoever did that should not be allowed to have season tickets. The fan was respectful and there were no problems, but you should never give up seats in that area to an opposing fan. But if you must, at least ask you guest not to wear an opposing team jersey.
I take my daughter and granddaughters to football and basketball games. Disappointingly, they are UNC fans but pull for the Pack when they play anyone else. I take them to the UNC games anyway and they wear that ugly color of blue. I also go to Chapel Hill and wear Red. It is no big deal. I bleed Red and always will. Just enjoy the moment. It probably would not have mattered if we had sniffed a win this weekend.
Struttingwolf96
Looking back now I'm kind of glad the team's game against ECU got rained out or we might be on a longer losing streak than what we are on now with the way the team has been playing. We must win these ooc games coming up & should win the series against WF. If not fans should be worried & upset. Now a series win at Florida St coming up would make up for this weekend. If Duke can go down there & win in Tallahassee than this Pack team should be able as well. Sorry, with winning comes expectations & we should have them for this team. If your gonna have a top 25 program you have get use to that.
RedPooch33
I have not enjoyed all the brooms I've been sent via text and social media.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.